/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

>he still hasn't done arm9loadherhax

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-Nintendo flipped the Friend List online multiplayer switch, again.
-Even on 11.0, Luma3DS needs an updated arm9loaderhax.bin or Luma3DS.dat to go online. Get it here: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4jwfpc/have_you_installed_a9lh_if_not_can_you_explain_why/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for [insert gateway time machine pasta here]

[inferior_hotsauce.jpeg2000]

>switching off of sky3ds master race
>ever

>Nintendo flipped the Friend List online multiplayer switch, again.
Is this why going into the friends list tells me to update even though I'm using the most recent version?
Is it safe to allow it to update?

Read the next line?

What's the difference between Shameless and CIAngel? I've been using QR code to gain games via Shameless.

Can I run svdt from oothax on stock 10.7? I just seems to redscreen

You can get a title list for CIAngel and just search a name and download it.

one runs on your PC, the other runs on your 3DS

IOSUhax when?

so I installed a9lh back in late march, my a9lh fork has screen init and everything.

is there any reason to update a9lh? I don't know which fork I'm using but I heard there are faster forks now.

also, if I want to update my a9lh all I need to do is follow the section 1 of this right?
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

5 hours

I can get in selecting pot as the target, but I need saves from pkmn yellow and Binding of Isaac. Where do I find them?

Is it true that I cannot backup saves from Animal Crossing and Pokemon X?

Some games can't be backed up with homebrew alone. CFW can back up any game using JKSM

Everytime I try to star smash it asks for a update download. I usually just start the game, but to y surprise the update is actually downloading on the download manager
Shouldn't that not be possible if I have that DNS on?
I did what i'm supposed to do to get the update, yet like you said it appears i'm getting something else, what gives?
Why can't i just download the update on mega or whatever? do updates have their own title ID or something? I don't fucking get it, this was supposed to be easy but no one knows how to fucking explain it
Still going btw

I'm trying to do step 4 of Plai's guide, but when I try to dump H&S it says that there's no Emunand (I have the rednand from the previous step).
So, what am I supposed to do now?

>ntr video streaming doesn't stream sound

What the fuck is the point then?

anybody knows how to get working the new dlc from hyrule warriors legends? can't get the my fairy costumes or the adventure map pack

streaming sound would be wasted bandwidth, since the 3ds already has a hardware port for sound output.

You can just connect it to your PC for that, it's really easy.

What is an aux cable

If I wanted to stream by cable I'd have bought a capture card to stream with superior USB.

>One requires hardmodding
>One requires a cable

congratulations

>An aux cable is twenty bucks
>A capture card is 300 bucks
What the fuck

It makes no sense

Aux cables are shit, have you guys even tried one? There's a lot of noise even when muted. Just to get rid of the noise I'd need a 300$ sound card, so what is the difference?

How bad is your setup that you're getting a lot of noise? Is literally nothing shielded?!

>implying my pc is the problem

The 3ds is not shielded. I'd be forced to let the sound go through an external amplifier/filter just to get rid of that shitty noise.

>they don't know what shielding is

Is there another savegame manager in .3dsx format? I'm about to format the 3ds and I'd like to keep my Pokemon save, svdt boots directly to a directory browser without letting me choose the game to backup

It's been forever since I've used svdt, iirc you have to select the game you want to backup when booting it through HBL

>reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4jwfpc/have_you_installed_a9lh_if_not_can_you_explain_why/

>Margen67 getting maximum BTFO'd on leddit even by A9LH masterraces

All of my keks. This guy is a fucking retard.

>Facts hurt my feels
Margen67 hasn't said anything wrong in that thread, but the truth he says upset you so you go maximum cunt on him :^)

fuck off margen

Is the regular error message for down grading on plaisysupdater the one that says "an error has occurred press power and try again"? If that's the case,do I really just keep repeating until it's successful? I posted this last thread and didn't really get a clear answer

That's a partial downgrade, just run the downgrader again and it'll downgrade the titles that failed to work.

So I just boot up the system again and go back to RedNand then back into plaisysupdater again?

where do i put box art images for ds games on wii u and what do i name them?

Wait, were you downgrading to 2.1? If so then the steps may be a bit different.

tell me more about shielding

Yeah I'm trying to get to 2.1,I've been following plailect's guide

Some of the titles freeze into red screen when selected. How to manually restore saves after a format?

Is your RedNAND on 11.0, and do you have firmware.bin in your luma folder? Also, have you ever done any TWL modifications.

I currently have a virgin 9.2 sysnand and a 10.7 emunand reinand with ctrlbootloader. How can I convert to A9LH with the newest loader?

Google is your friend, use it.

If titles freeze on a red screen that's a permissions error (AKA can't be done from .3dsx). You can restore saves after a format using svdt again.

Follow plailect's guide starting at part 4. You may need to update reinand to the latest version.

Which Retroarch emulators are actually worth installing/work on n3ds xl?

Nestopia is the only one I use desu.

I'm on 11.0 and have the firmware.bin. I haven't made any modifications

So I dont need to do the rednand part or do I have one already? Sorry for being a pleb its just a bit confusing.

you said 10.7 emunand so yeah

Can anyone link a good resource for forcing PS2 games to run in progressive scan?

I currently have a PS2 slim, and a memory card with free mcboot and 007 nightfire on the way. I also already own legitimate copies of most of the games I'm interested in.

Fat PS3 solutions are also welcomed, as I'm considering picking one up.

Menuhax peasant

He's not, at least not anymore. We got in a fight the other day and now whenever I go to the homepage instead of the usual I just get a "Fuck off" with the Google logo font.

Restore your emunand_formatted.bin and try again then, it's your best bet.

I'M ON 10.6 AND I WANNA DOWNGRADE FOR FREE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>we could have had browserhax back had you faggots helped yellows8 test but everyone ignored him when he asked us to search for webkit exploits

then go back in time to where you weren't a fucking dumbass and updated

>go back in time to where you did this thing that didn't happen
You don't understand timelines

>have o3ds with a9lh
>looking to upgrade to n3ds
>already have OoT3d cartridge
Is that all I need if I want to a9lh the n3ds?

well there are no new 10.6 3DS' so you either got it used for whatever reason or updated

You're still on an exploitable firmware. Pony up the goddamn $40 for your powersaves and Zelda.

Yeah, any new 3ds will come with 10.3 or lower so browserhax is workable.

used and refurbished could very well come with 11.0 though

I would but I live in Brazil and there are no Nintendo stores here. My only option would be to import it from overseas, but if I were that desperate I'd just get the Sky3DS thing

So you've always been a dumbass?

I always get a black screen when I try to boot into the a9lh safe installer

what do?

How are you booting it and what version is your firmware?

Do it, you can shitpost sky memes and no one can stop you and you could hack other 3DS's and sell them for money. Start your own business in the land of piracy!

I have 10.7, I'm launching the homebrew launcher from sysnand.

I assume you have a9lh already? Rename the arm9loaderhax.bin in the release folder to like a_safea9lhinstaller.bin and launch it using luma payload chainloading.

How do I know if my saves were backed up correctly? Senran Kagura and WoahDave were done in a couple of seconds, while Pushmo took like 10 seconds

For titles I haven't backed up, i.e. from navigating through the "Nintendo 3ds/id0/id1/" folders?

Anybody have the CIA for the My hero Adicadmia game that came out?

My older brother bought my little sister a 2ds after i got his n3ds all a9lh'd, but it came with 8.1.
Do i need to update to 9.2 tp get it all hacked and shit, or can it all be done from 8.1?

you would still need an aux cable for the capture card

yeah I do have a9lh already

Took me like 10 seconds to understand what you said, I'm not smart.

Okay that worked. Now my N3DS boots as fast as my old one. I just installed a9lh on my o3ds and it was like 4 seconds faster than the n3ds.

9.2 update in the wiki guide

Alright,that's what I've been doing. The guide says it could take many tries,guess I'll keep on trying

>-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update

Would rather be a retard than fuck up my nand. What does this mean, what should I do, and will this let me play online?

means you can update

Just my emunand?

>hue land faggot

how many spics and BR's are in here? let yourself be known

obviously

Forgive me, but is it as simple as copying the 0000001.sav to the relevant folders, or is there some sort of encryption with save files?

So i would need to update then?
Dang.
I can do it, i was just hoping to not need to.
Oh well, its only like another 20 minutes maybe worth of work.

Don't listen to this fuck. I did this and it bricked my 3ds.

Only update your SysNAND.

>go to system settings
>system update
so much work

>Only update your SysNAND.
Or not. Unless it's in A9LH.

>download 9.2.
>plaisysupdater update.

This guy didn't ask for hardmod only mode

why? he already said my emunand

I know that, i was just hoping i wouldnt have to as i just got done doing a fresh a9lh on my older brothers n3ds. I did my o3ds a while back and don't remember it taking as long.
But, as i said, its only like 20 more minutes maybe.
Never in either of my two posts did i say emunand.

ok

You drunk bro. Mixing dudes up.

i needa sleep

Is sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin the only file I need to keep after doing the A9LH thing?

What is this Luma

I need a shotgun to the face