/ssbg/ - Super Smash Bros. General

> News

- Update 1.1.6 Now available for download!

- 1.1.6 Balance Patch Notes: smashboards.com/threads/436806/

- Update 1.1.5 balance patch notes: smashboards.com/threads/433162/

> Resources and Guides
pastebin.com/TD8zsDJ1 (embed)

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/KuroganeHammer/status/733534623607586817
youtube.com/watch?v=C6dzvXBSUVE#t=3m10s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

stop posting

leave the general

you got hype for an update that literally only changes bayo

retards being retarded

Is Daniel Vergas a fucking Faggot?

Hoody's name is Daniel Vargas and he lives with his family in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Is she still on top?

remove all disgusting hispanics from /ssbg/ make it great again

On top of my cock.

Post yfw Bayo got nerfed

Don't even play as her and I'm upset she got hit that hard. Really doesn't need anything to that degree

its only bayo changes
twitter.com/KuroganeHammer/status/733534623607586817

post yfw nobody got buffed.

further proof tr4sh is tr4sh and so is it's fanbase

learn to adapt instead of screaming for nerfs whenever a character is the best character

there will always be a best character

>Yfw most of the shitters from /ssbg/ are either mexican or black

>mfw divekick

Aside from that she's still good but fuck that move is straight useless and only good for the movement option it provides

It's easy as fuck to SDI Bayo's up b. This is actually sad. I'm not even good at SDI either.

>hop on FG and know im gonna fight a Bayo
>she tries her and im just SDIing out of it
>mfw

>Ganondorf's d throw now combos into Fair at kill percents

Fuck off Panchito

>Ganondorf can now swim

Fuck off Panchito

>tfw don't have to be scared shitless of using an unsafe move against a Bayo and potentially getting punished for a stock at 0% anymore
It wasn't that much of a threat in For Glory, but I can't imagine how awful it had to be in tournaments where people knew what the hell they were doing.

Bulllshit

dying inside
my secondary is fucking gone

If you run into another, try SDIng out of it to the bottom and see if you can hit with an up b or up air.

>Still no jigglybuffs
>RosaLuma is still God-Tier

Sakurai. Sakurai...

>my secondary is fucking gone
>this upset over nerfs even though the character is still amazing
7^

Not him but I SDIed down by mistake and it still seemed like they couldn't get anything off of it. Too low for another up b and too low for a normal side b. Not sure if DABK could catch SDI down but I was right under her so probably not. DABK is awful now anyway so even if she could get it there'd be no point kek

Holy shit guys Peach now farts in her poopy peepee smelly diaper ^___^

fuck off penta

waiting for 1.1.7 duck hunt and jigglypuff meta

its just that it changes my entire way of playing her to the damn extreme
maybe im just a crybaby but fuck
she barely feels the same

fuck off, zero

Honestly, I feel like they should have at least compensated her somehow if they were going to take away the only good thing about her.

Should have made her frame data better tbqh

dabk was braindead
if you were that heavily reliant on it you werent even good

>Only Bayonetta was touched
fug

Given the fact that her tools for the neutral game are mostly the same your entire gameplan for her was just spam dtilt and sideb and get ez death combos? lol ok

Anyone else have trouble doing perfect pivots to the right, but not the left?

they took out bidou techs

Try holding your controller differently on the stick side.

>only bayo nerfed
>fucking nothing else
Ok, it's time I started putting time seriously into Melee. This game has gone to complete shit. Sheik can't kill, Cloud is cancer, Rosalina is cancer and after 2 fucking long years nobody has been buffed worthwhile enough to compete. Either patch the game correctly or don't do it at all.

Source?

le I'm going to move to melee

Congrats on being even shittier at that game

>after 2 fucking long years nobody has been buffed worthwhile enough to compete
Mewtwo
Other than that though yeah patches havent made anyone else viable aside from M2k getting that one jank win with DK

>gets mad because patch didn't change much
>talks about moving to an obsolete patchless game
try harder shitposter

Don't worry you'll start to think the same of Melee
Sheik can't kill without going offstage, ICs are cancer, jiggs is cancer blah blah blah

>Sheik can't kill without going offstage
t. person who doesnt play Sheik
People who complain about ICs and puff can fuck off though

I play both already and have for years.

Of course I don't play Sheik she's not my style, too weak

Nah they definitely should have patched it. 1.0.0 was a pretty awful game and Smash 4 would have died already if that's what we were stuck with.

>Hit boxes aren't all retard huge anymore
>Some moves are actually escapable

As a Bayo main I'm not even mad. It'll take some getting used to of course but It's not really that bad.

>put serious time into melee

It's too late user. You'll never be "good" at melee

1.0.0(1) was awful because it was on the 3DS and we had fucking no time to work with it. I'd argue it was a better, faster game back then even with the limited time. I mean fuck, even Greninja was looking top 10 if we knew some of his shit back then.

Anyone up for some 3ds singles or dubs?

Actually nevermind, shit came up

It wasn't because it was on 3DS. 1.0.0 was awful because there were at least 10 characters that could have a really good argument for being bottom 5. People don't remember Marth having lots of end lag on EVERYTHING and Ike's jab not even properly connecting.

Vectoring was a thing back then too and horizontal vectoring was stronger, so remember there were even less combos. There was no shieldstun either, so the game was even more reliant on shields.

1.0.0 when developed would have only had 3 viable characters. Sheik, Diddy and Rosa. A developed 1.0.0 Sheik would have invalidated 90% of the cast alone. She could keep characters out even harder then she could now since needles had even less lag and 1.0.0 Sheik could actually kill. Bair was Melee bair, bouncing fish killed 25-30% earlier, uair killed a fuck ton earlier, she still had old dthrow too, fair did 7%, etc etc

The only reason people don't remember how absurd 1.0.0 Sheik was is because she wasn't developed back then and Diddy was easy to play. A developed vanilla Sheik would have honestly made this game unplayable, you either played Sheik or Diddy or didn't win.

People say dumb shit like "vanilla Smash 4 was better because characters could kill easier!" but I'd rather have a game where the top tiers have a harder time killing but it led to more characters being viable.

Slightly slower but more viable cast > Slightly faster but only 3 viable characters

you are arguing with a guy who thought unpunishable rosa smashes, prepatch Luigi, prepatch Diddy, and prepatch Sheik were all fine
who cares dude he's gonna keep trying to argue even if you prove him wrong

All Black casters need to die

You're right, clearly patches ruined the game. We could have had Melee 2.0 on our hands

What am I doing wrong? I couldn't beat this guy even once. It's like my character has to land a smash at 100%+ to even hope to kill anything, and he can just uair or bair me to death at 70. It's bullshit
youtube.com/watch?v=C6dzvXBSUVE#t=3m10s

>This video is private.

>This video is private.

Sick private video you complete fucking retard kill yourself

And 2 fucking years later, Zard is still bottom of the barrel.

Thanks for proving my point.

other way around
i cant even pivot grab to the right on bad days
although i do have nerve damage in my hands

>Making characters better somehow ruins the game

He's like Mid

Works for me

If everyone is broken the game is fine.

Wow buddy it's almost like he changed his video settings

Now it works

Making top tiers worse and bottom tiers not good enough does ruin the game, correct.

no then the game is smash 64 and its shitty to play because when played optimally everyone throws out their biggest lingering hitbox endlessly and waits for the opponent to walk into it and really the only thing that really matters is recovery

>comparing smash 4 engine to 64
stop posting any time

>3 characters were broken in the figurative sense
>a handful of others are literally broken and had aspects of them that literally did not work
>the rest were just mediocre enough to not be able to compete with Rosa/Diddy
>Now we have bigger varieties in national top 8s alone and people beating top tiers with only high tiers
1.0 was shit kid, not that you would know since it was JP 3DS only. To combat the top tiers at the time you would have to play even gayer than you're supposed to against Bayonetta

1.0.0 viable characters:
Diddy
Sheik
ZSS
Rosa
SONIC
Luigi
Fox
Mario
Pikachu

Honorable mention:
Greninja
Ness

Hmmmm, want to know a fun fact about the characters I listed here? Every single of them are the same or BETTER in 1.0.0. We had 1.0.0 for a month or so on the fucking 3DS, we had nothing to work with but it's clear to see the game was healthier than it is now.

>hurr durr what about muh marth nobody is playing
>hurr durr what about "X low tier that still isn't viable two years later"

But all of those are still viable and more
Except Luigi since he was cancer anyway

List is the same still with Mewtwo, Ryu, and Bayonetta

>that post having anything to do with engine
>thinking endless buffs doesnt just whittle the metagame down to a single dominant strategy as variety is systematically diminished through a lack of exploitable flaws
this is like a child asking "why not just make everyone rich"
dont ever make video games

Plus Cloud, and since we're reaching with Ness add Metaknight, Corrin, and Villager

Exactly. List is still the same minus DLC. Except everyone I listed is better (or in Mario's case the same).

There's literally nothing wrong with having everyone be better. It's more fun to watch, more fun to play, and hell we could have even had 3 stocks.

We can still have 3 stock but most players rather just stay on stage and let the other guy get back for free while bitching about how he's living 120+% instead of trying to intercept the recovery at low percent but oh well

I myself am enjoying Smash4 as it is now since my main can actually kill more reliably and I'm using more of his moveset

To each his own

>Smash 4
>intercepting recoveries that zip you back to the stage in 15 frames or less

Most top tiers have excellent recovery, there's sadly not much to intercept especially with the ledge mechanics. Also this

They nerfed the top tiers to a reasonable degree so mid an high tiers even have a chance. No way Pikachu, Mario, Fox, Greninja, or Ness were viable with the pre-patch top tiers around.
Im not defending the negligible buffs, but not dying at 80% from 2 combos and one upair from Sheik is more fun imo

You can barely even edgeguard at low percents unless its against Fox without a jump, in which case he still has sideB + free airdodges + huge magnet snaps to help him get back.
I would even call ZSS, Bayo, Sheik, and Pikachu straight up unedgeguardable if they use their recoveries correctly

Yeah warp recoveries such as Sheik, Zelda and Palutena are a pain in the ass guess adapting to them is an option

The ledges are fine they either risk of regrabbing the ledge and being there for 1 whole second and get hit (buffered or not) or go above the ledge and get hit

>against Fox without a jump, in which case he still has sideB + free airdodges + huge magnet snaps to help him get back

Fox would die after the airdodge unless he was like ceiling level

>ZSS, Bayo, Sheik, and Pikachu straight up unedgeguardable if they use their recoveries correctly

That's like whole cast though
Just go out there and hit the fucker, oh you fucked up? boo hoo go out there and do it again and again until you get it right instead of letting them get back

TL;DR I'm an idiot please ignore this whole post

I haven't fight any Bayos tonight but wouldn't her recovery be MUCH easier to challenge or at the very least trade with since the hitboxes got nerfed?

Wow, Bayonetta got absolutely dumpstered. Fuck the retards in charge of balance.

She deserved to be nerfed but not thrown into unplayable trash tier. All she has going for her now is her counter and her recovery. Frame data's shit, damage is pretty low with no follow-ups and few kill moves.

Is this Nintendo's way of punishing Platinum for SF0?

Someone has to be

am i the only one who thinks she isn't complete garbage despite the nerfs

>an obsolete patchless game still has better balance among its high tiers than a game with 55 characters

not him, but fuck off. nerfing bayonetta wasn't the solution to this game.

doomsaying happens after literally every patch no matter how insignificant the nerf
remember when "META KNIGHT IS F TIER GUYS" after both his initial nerf shock at launch and then the uair nerf last patch

i suppose
her specials definitely are a fair bit less viable than they were before, but her regular moves are still alright enough i find
bitch time's a thing too
i feel as though the changes to meta's uair made it work a little better alongside his up-b

OH BOY THEY BROKE NESS'S REFLECT DAMAGE