/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 20th:
325 – The First Council of Nicaea is formally opened, starting the first ecumenical council of the Christian Church.
794 – King Æthelberht II of East Anglia visits the royal Mercian court at Sutton Walls, with a view to marrying princess Ælfthryth. He is taken captive and beheaded.
1520 – The massacre at the festival of Tóxcatl takes place during the Fall of Tenochtitlan, resulting in turning the Aztecs against the Spanish.
1882 – The Triple Alliance between the German Empire, Austria-Hungary and the Kingdom of Italy is formed.
>News
HoI4 DD56 - Bits and Pieces
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-56-bits-pieces.930457/

EU4 DD May 12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-12th-of-may-2016.929369/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hcjN5BNU9CY
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/tsPsr70u
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-57-poland-united-and-ready.935191/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Jose

what historical figure would you have sex with and why?

Fuck playing Italy in hoi3 is fun

Fuck off

REMINDER that the Discord group is trying their hardest to get Stellaris back into /gsg/.

Recently they have been shilling against DH to try to get it replaced by Stellaris.

Stay woke.

based Mosley

Harald Bluetooth

Discord policy is clear cut. We have a right to stay in /gsg/ and we intend to stay there. We have more than a right; we have a duty to stay there. We have a right because modern /gsg/ owes everything to Discord rule.

Catherine :^)

dead general

Tips? I've never played them before or anyone else successfully for that matter.

Gracias medico

Cities Skylines is grand strategy
try to prove me wrong
(pro-tip you can't)

Jean d'Arc

Yeah, they actually have great potential. It's a shame they were retarded in real life

Queen Victoria
pretty cute t bh

>defiling a saint
t. eternal anglo

how do I build a good city in Cities Skylines?

wrong thread

kek

>because modern /gsg/ owes everything to Discord rule
Your rule has brought nothing but shitposting, samefagging, turkroaching and worse. The day will come when the mods finally do their fucking job and on that day you will be purged from this general once and for all. That day cannot come soon enough. Viva la revolution! Viva la /gsg/!

see

I want to stick my cock into a cute timid teenage french girl who thinks she's gods gift to mankind

Is Megadeth gsg?
youtube.com/watch?v=hcjN5BNU9CY
"A country that's divided, sure will not stand"

>>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] - unHPM v0.8
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years v0.3
pastebin.com/tsPsr70u

>>[V2] - Robmod v2.4b
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

>>>[V2] - unHPM v0.8
v1.3

fuck off back to your steamgroup

sainted on the streets, tainted in the sheets

kek, triggered again

Wow bro you got him xD

>him
KEK. we know it's you user.

Maybe next time kid

samefag

well photoshopped, my friend

Yep, it totally amkes sense for a bunch off faggot niggers attacking a fort 4 province with better technology to absolujtely fucking rape them

WOW KAISERRIECH IS SO FUCKIKNG GOOD xD
Fucking piece of shit. Whats the [point of winnnign the fucking 1st world war if the army tuns into a bunch of fucking Pinko pussies who can't win against fucking Frogs.

Shit fucking game. The war is unfucking winnable as Germant.

Kaiserriech is a shit. A sufckjin SHITTTTT

PEICE OFD SHIT HOW DARE THIS BULLSHIT HAPPEN EVERY GUCKING TIME IO PLAY I GET FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED WHY WHY WHY
ASKYDVAISLUDB ASUKLHDGBIOASUBDNOSN

Looking for a 4x/gs game that plays like and is similar to Stellaris and other space games, but on a smaller scale.

ex. Solar system instead of the entire galaxy. Any recommendations??

>that mega stack in metz
complex, thoughtful DH gameplay

>get hit from 3 provinces
>plus a doomstack
>surprised when you lose
Why do you have so few divisions? Oh right,

>1938
The longer the game goes before war, the better chance Germany has.

>2 stacks
Don't do that either, fucko. 3 stack or bust. What are your army comps?

Also, play like real WW2, break out through the Ardennes and encircle.

>The longer the game goes before war, the better chance Germany has.

Yes, I can produce so much with my 20 IC from the bullshit events.

Allowing 200 IC France time to build up while i can barely afford supplies let alone upgrades is what I should have done.

The war is unwinnable as Germany, It is LITERALLY unwinnable.

What fucking bullshit, I wasn't even allowed to form my GrossDeutchland before the war, how the fuck am i meant to win whe my country is split in 2?

IMPIOSSIBLE

Thanks so much!

>Yes, I can produce so much with my 20 IC from the bullshit events
This is why you have to let time pass and your economy recover. CoF actually LOSES IC over time through the philanstere internationale.

>Allowing 200 IC France time to build up while i can barely afford supplies let alone upgrades is what I should have done
So attack them while you have nothing? Brilliant idea.

>The war is unwinnable as Germany, It is LITERALLY unwinnable.
Hundreds of AARs and personal experience say: You're wrong.

in CK2 what's the best crown authority setting?

I'm at high right now but I swear I get rebellions every few years from lower crown authority, I can always defeat them but it's getting tiring

also another question, is there any benefits from owning a dutchy myself? I'm a king but I often have mad vassals who want dutchies and I'm considering giving them out but I'm also scared because all my vassals hate me and I've been nothing but kind to them

am I being cucked

Should've figured you were a memegruppe shitposter.

Can i place in the sun mexico as qing and get away with it?
Im trying to get new world bonuses for assimilation, or does it not work that way?

* I get rebellions every few years from lower crown authority factions

is what I meant to type

thats not an argument you cunt, now tell me how to fix this if you are such a pro Hearts of Ironer

I already did, but you're too busy shitposting to read.

Best is absolute no matter what
You should be prosperous enough to discourage factions.

This is also why I hate india. They are trapped in an agnatic-cognatic gavelkind hellhole and if you want to keep your empire alive you have to switch the laws for like 4 kingdoms at a time.

AND you need absolute crown authority to change to a non-horrid succession law.

no you didnt, you said

>hurrr durr you started the war tooo early

Even if you're right, it's too late to unstart the war,

>it's too late to unstart the war
Welcome to grand strategy. Start over.

nah, think ill just delete all of the french faggots troops and roll into Paris as easily as Hitler did :)

How's the relationship between you and your vassals looking?

Re-asking

this one?

Does anybody here play AGEOD games? I've been meaning to get into them for a while, but I don't know where to start.

I gave away some dutchy titles and they're mildly happier, I KIND OF want to lower crown authority too but the problem is that also lowers the amount of troops they're required to give you from their levies

I feel like it's a no win, I'm also curious if I should keep a few dutchy titles for myself because I know it helps progress technology research or something like that and I'm not sure if that'll happen with vassals owning them

And I'm not entirely sure what other benefits I'd get from personally having ownership of the dutchies too, guess I should start googling

No, but I saved the pic anyway.

If it helps, I distinctively remember a line that went "Sadly, the Germans united in 1871" or something like that.

pls buy my tank game

You should always keep all kingdom titles, on or two duchies depending on if you are big enough for people to not give a fuck about you having 2 duchies, then fill out your entire demesne limit with counties.

If you have the opportunity. Centralize. The more you directy own the better.

Your capital has to be in the new world. Why the hell would you want immigrants as China you're fuckhuge as it is.

I want the assimilation bonus so i can shit out as many steppenigger manchus as possible as early as possible.
I dont care about immigration, i just need more steppeniggers

Technically, they're turn-based war games rather than gs, similar to WitE/WitP, but I've heard mixed things. AGEOD American Civil War is supposed to be really good. Rise of Prussia... not so much. I'd check Steam Reviews before I listened to anything /memegruppegeneral/ has to say about it.

Oh, thanks for the tips, I completely forgot about getting higher centralization and it seems good right now

I appreciate it

Kick some ass. As soon as you are the proud owner of one kingdom, one duchy, and 10 counties you will know what real power is.

Respectfully disagree x1

Why, when WoT is free?

watch podcat's modding video
twitch/paradoxinteractive/v/67152553

>Yep, it totally amkes sense for a bunch off faggot niggers attacking a fort 4 province with better technology to absolujtely fucking rape them
>
>
>WOW HEARTS OF IRON 2 IS SO FUCKIKNG GOOD xD
>Fucking piece of shit. Whats the [point of winnnign the fucking 1st world war if the army tuns into a bunch of fucking Pinko pussies who can't win against fucking Krauts.
>
>
>Shit fucking game. The war is unfucking winnable as Franz.
>
>Haerts of inor is a shit. A sufckjin SHITTTTT
>
>PEICE OFD SHIT HOW DARE THIS BULLSHIT HAPPEN EVERY GUCKING TIME IO PLAY I GET FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED WHY WHY WHY
ASKYDVAISLUDB ASUKLHDGBIOASUBDNOSN

Wow. Just wow.

Do you even think when writing your shitposts?

your main problem is that your units are not full strength, you have to mobilize right after entering war, it costs supplies but gives you instant +65/+85 str

have deffensive doctrine HQs in the south with 4 star generals. 3 divisions in Strassburg is nothing, have 9 inf in every defensive province

attack through the north, like it was done in real life WWI and WWII. Use Arm/Mot to attack and Inf to occupy

Its like you never played non Kaisserreich DH or never learned about WWII

pls

Can you guys help me out a bit? I'm playing my first Ironman game here.
At the start of the game, I took out Byzantium, Trebizond, Albania, and all those Anatolian states I started with cores on. I vassalized Serbia and Bosnia, and conquered Ragusa. I fought a war against Egypt. At first it was going alright, but my ~25k stack got defeated by their ~25k stack due to dumb luck (I had a better general and was defending.), so I peaced out only taking a part of Levant and plan on fighting a second war against them later. When that war ended, Venice declared war on me - just Venice, Corfu, and Naxos. I was able to beat them easily, sink their navies, and take all of their Mediterranean holdings. I still have Rhodes, Cyprus, and those Genovese islands left. Genoa is allied with France, and I want to make France an ally so I don't want to war them yet. Cyprus is guaranteed by Egypt so I'll take it when I fight them again over Levant. I have a ceasefire with Rhodes because they were in the coalition against me. I fought one major coalition war, against Aragon-Naples, Austria-Hungary, Wallachia, Rhodes, and a few other minors. I was able to win that war, but since I started the war with zero manpower, I had to waste all my money on mercenaries to fend them off. I won the war, but got nothing out of it, since I had good warscore but no armies or money left and Austria was breathing down my neck with a couple of doomstacks so I peaced out with a shitty demand for a bit of cash.

Tunis and Qara Qoyunlu are my allies. I want to conquer the eastern Mediterranean, Middle East, north Africa and Levant. Eventually I will betray and conquer them both, but not until I've taken out Egypt first. Armenia is a vassal of Qara Qoyunlu. I don't want to expand too much into Europe, I just want to vassalize Wallachia and then maybe play around a bit around Crimea, to prevent Russians from blobbing there.

I'm scared of Austria. They have insane manpower. I'm trying to increase my relations with France and try to make an alliance with them to help me counter Austria. That should work, right? France is overpowered, right? I have low manpower and was planning on building those +manpower buildings in most of my high manpower provinces, but now I'm broke after the coalition war and it's going to take me a bit to accumulate more wealth. What should I do with trade? Right now I'm collecting money in Istanbul and Ragusa, should I divert trade in Ragusa instead? How should I deal with estates? Does it matter which provinces I grant to estates?

How do I deal with westernization? I heard that if you don't westernize, as Ottomans you get a lot of bad events in late game, so I want to westernize as soon as possible. I'm thinking of keeping my military tech up to date but slowing down on admin and diplo tech to fall behind and westernize as soon as possible, is that a good idea? I'm currently using my diplo mana to assimilate Bulgarians and other minorities to my culture to make my empire more homogeneous and stable, that's smart, right?

Should I keep Serbia, Bosnia and (eventually) Wallachia as vassals or annex them? Should I make them into marches? I like the idea of having a few AI armies running around beating smaller stacks of enemies and besieging provinces while I focus on the doomstacks.

Right now I have a ceasefire with the people who fought the coalition war against me. Will they rejoin the coalition as soon as the ceasefire ends, or will that only be triggered if I expand more in their direction? If I leave Europe alone, will Austria forget all about me and let me play around with other brown people, or will they keep trying to fight me until one of us is dead? They rivaled me, is there a way for me to get them to unrival me?

I only started building mercs after the coalition war started out of desperation. What percentage of my army should be mercs?

I thought that in KR, unlike vanilla, units don't regain strength after enacting mobilization. I'm not even sure if there even a mobilization event.

Oh, and one more thing. When I'm not at war or preparing to start a war, I should keep my army and navy maintenance at minimum to lower the costs, right? I have the largest navy in the world, but only five of them are light ships (most are galleys), so I would save more money by putting them in a port with no maintenance than I would by sending them patrolling, right? Or will that cause other nations to think of me as an easier prey and declare war on me sooner than they normally would?

I won all expansions except Mare Nostrum, if that makes a difference.

That's it from me, sorry for the walls of text, and thanks for all the advice.

Any starting tips for getting into DH Kaiserreich? Never played a HOI installment before

>Armenia
Oops, I meant Georgia.

Mosley > Willy

Where can I go now that I'm dead

dev diary here
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-57-poland-united-and-ready.935191/

>playing as the ottomemes
>needs help
here is your help uninstall.exe

Thanks Podcat

Free Poland dlc

>le poland wins meme
I can't wait to pirate this game, get about ~10-20 hours out of it, then bin it.

Brits became republic, even though they don't control Ireland they still have Ireland in the flag

Haha, nice try liquor posters. Your divide conquer won't work. We love DH and Stellaris will never be on the OP. Any attempt of hate on DH is shitposting and should be ignored.

Based Podcat

Have 100 hgours in HoI3 but didn't play it for a long time and never mastered the game
What is wrong with HoI4? Is it pretty much your average new paradox game which needs 35 dlcs to be good?

If that's you playing Portugal, kill yourself.

Nah I'm Ethiopia, AI Portugal decided to do that

Stellaris won't be added to /gsg/, /gsg/ will be added to Stellaris

We're growing stronger every day. We already outnumber you 3 to 1. Your days of oppressing us 4x players will soon be over, as you see the true might of the Stellaris war machine.

You don't mobilize in KR and HQs aren't really worth having. The bonus from having an HQ nearby is minimal at best. Reinforcement is the only way to get your units to full strength.

The AI is never that aggressive in vanilla, NNM or HPM

Idunno senpai
Ive seen some silly aggressive AI
I one time saw honduras eat all of central america, mexico, and columbia

Literally the AI did that though, I didn't have anything to do with it. After a while I sphered Portugal and defended them from Spain when they tried to take it back, but that's it. Also they took only one state, it's just that state is pretty big

I don't, at best GPs end up being aggressive but I never saw portugal blobbing in spain out of nowhere

Looks like the bastards finally got me, lads. Does grand strat work on W10?

Just keep conquering, you're going to have more troops and gold than Austria when you get a border with them