/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=pYk_zkA19Nw

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684750984
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687653315
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Posted this in last thread, right before the end of it

Would someone please go a little in-depth with the certain armor/shield and weapon combos for me?
I know missiles get btfo with point defense
Lasers 50% more damage against armor?
And plasma 100%, which brings another question, which is better?
How do torpedos work? They ignore shields and PD? And what about the damage to armor?
Are kinetic weapons even worth it?
Any other notes to a beginner are greatly appreciated
I sort of understand but I'd like a clean explanation so I know exactly what I'm doing, instead of half-ass guessing

Third for GIB GIB GIB

Spam point defense and evasion and you win

GENERAL
>no economy
>no trade routes
>no diplomacy beyond agreements
>no espionage and sabotage
>no mapmodes

AI
>sector mechanic broken
>AI can't handle slaves or robots
>AI empires don't fight crisis
>AI won't give you military access to fight a crisis
>AI keeps building synths even though they join the AI rebellion

MECHANICS
>war score is more often than not retarded
>countless event chains broken
>research storage doesn't actually work
>star charts remove anomalies to research
>migration breaks pop growth, leaving ghost pops that can't be moved or grown
>planet, sector, and vassal rebellion mechanics broken leading to infinite mega blobs with 0 consequence
>gene modified pops count as separate species
>uplifting a species can cause it to change portrait to a different species entirely
>armies and embassies can get stuck on planets
>can't use allies' wormhole stations, but your ships try to use them
>existing civilian stations never get upgraded
>space creatures bug out and end up being controlled by AI empire
>repeating star and planet names, screwing with war goals

WAR
>evasion broken (corvette spam)
>accuracy broken (100% bug) making all balance and battle mods a joke
>armor as percentage instead of flat reduction
>strike craft broken
>ships clip into each other to make blob fleet
>no fleet formations
>chasing enemy fleet forever
>occupy planet but don't capture it
>planetary warfare boring shit in general
>can't glass enemy planet

INTERFACE
>UI can't scale
>several notifications do not take you to the window you need (like death of someone)
>sector borders are sharp instead of round and sector area is opaque instead of transparent, making sector as ugly as they are broken

Lasers lead into lances which are best for range and damage output.
Kinetics are lasers with less prohibitive energy consumption and less epds.
Missiles are anti-corvette because they ignore evasion and the large ones can overwhelm PDs.
Torpedoes are best small weapons as long as you don't run into PD.

GIB RIGHTS GIB RIGHTS GIB GIB GIB GIB GIB RIGHTS

>WAR
you forgot the enemy doesn't actually do anything other than kill your homeworld defenses even if they have overwhelming power

GIB IN HELL, TOASTER SCUM

I don't know why you're forcing this not-eve-a-meme, but it's kind of dumb.

Let's say that I'm an amateur game developer, interested in making a 4x/gs

[declare war]

kill yourself

>Rangefinder
>This mod is intended to give more control over the fleets that you build in the game.
>After you research the first level of combat computers you will be able to select from the three default engagement patterns available in vanilla (default, agressive and defensive) as well as several new ones which force the ship to keep range at 5, 15, 25, 35, 45 and 55 units away from the target.
>This allows for precise control over the engagement range of each and every ship in your fleet.
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684750984

>Accuracy fix
>Sensors lvl 2 and up, Fleet Academy and Navigator Guild give weapons 100% accuracy. This mod fixes that
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687653315

other good mods:
>Strike Craft Range Rebalance
>Better Sector Mod
>995/Flexible Core Planet Cap (with Resettlement-Slider)
>Remove Aura Graphics
>Increased Research Window Size
>white humans

fuck me the war in this game is so retarded.

>have 1.5k war power
>some dickhead declares war on me
>first battle we are equal, it says his fleet is equal to mine
>we both back off and heal up get a few more ships
>suddenly out of fucking no where 3.5k manpower ships out of his fucking arsehole
>obliterate my fleet in seconds

HOW? it says his fucking fleet was equal to mine, how the fuck is that equal?

GIB RIGHTS
FILTHY ORGANIC
RIGHTS GIB RIGHTS
01010010 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101

Things we need:
>Different biomes on the same planet.
>Actually useful spaceport defence
>Or maybe encourage leaving docked defence fleet and keeping offensive fleets smaller
>Some kind of surface to space weapon to mess with bombers
>Fleet balance
>More intra-empire events

man power not war power

The diplomacy fleet size estimation only counts the number of ships rather then their power or used fleet cap.

>small weapons are good against small ships
>medium weapons are good against medium ships
>large weapons are good against large ships

>plasma beats armor
>disruptor beats shield
>laser beats evasion
>point defense beats missile

why does it have to be so hard counter rock paper scissors? you have to wait until you know what the enemy has, then scrap your whole fleet and build a perfect counter for it if you aren't cucked by tech. it's stupid.

Basically we need a completely freeform ship/station designer with serious benefits to non-FTL capable system defense ships.

>REEEEEE
lol'd

so if I build a million empty corvettes no AI empire is ever going to attack me
bravo paradox

>freeform ship designer

I'm playing a space strategy not a ship construction sim

it's literally fucking stupid, also fuck me it seems every AI in this game is hitler and wants to declare war with me every time I start to do well.

Fuck off neurotypical.

>/gsg/ ironical paradrone trash that never touched any MoO game or DW having opinions on space 4x games
FUCKING LEAVE

>lol'd

Also we need overflow tile on each planet
>If there's no tile to fit in, new POPs grows into overflow tile
>Gives pops of the same species negative thoughts from overpopulation
>Migrate to other planets if possible
>If not, once reached critical mass steals colony ships and goes to build their own empire while nobody's looking

>Haha guys check out my EPIC anti-blobbing idea!!! Who doesn't like having less space to expand?

Your idea is shit and your parents did a shit job at raising you.

>UGH

*sighs*

>there will never be a warhammer 40k mod that intergrates dawn of war for land battles

?

Seems the AI is functioning as intended and you need to gitgud

I know you're doing this ironically but please stop

And a stop growing edict

It never feels right to me to combine global and local strategy. I feel that any given game should stick player to one role.

By the time Overwatch gets boring, this game should be playable. I recommend taking a hiatus.

>be me
>be a xenophobic commie cunt
>back in 2200's used to live next to xenos that were religious imperialistic zealots
>I no longer live next to religious imperialistic zealots
>neightbours don't like me but they know better than to stir up shit with me
>live in a peaceful isolation while everyone makes and breaks their alliances while waging their wars
>Eye of Terror appears in the middle of the clusterfuck of space banana-republics on the western side of the galaxy
>assume the warmongering bourgeois will get rid of the outsiders just so that they can return to their petty wars
>assume wrong
>alliances pop up
>even me the big scary bear is getting invited
>join the three-empire federation as a second human state
>outsider threat grows but since it's literally on the very opposite of the galaxy from me so I don't pay attention to it
>uplift a space-age xenos primitives because their society follows similiar political principles
>also to show the scared neightbours that I am not that much of a xenophobic, now please stop amassing fleets on the border
>back to present, 7th day of May, 2376
>the second human empire's capital was lost to the Unbound twelve years ago
>they are now a nomadic people who desperately colonize whatever planets they can find
>most of the space banana-republics have been wiped out but still some persist in the middle of the now monolithic-size Unbound territory
>Unbound outbreak right outside my borders in the territory of Galactic Oned'Qarak State
>wipe out the infestation only to notice second outbreak right in the middle of the neightbouring xenos empire to the south
>can't intervene or help because they are not in our federation (which I renamed "People's Federation")
>realize that Unbound are becoming a threat
>amass a 28K doomstack fleet
>set course directly to the Unbound portal
>encounter over sixty Unbound starbases in different systems on the way
>wipe them out with no losses
>finally reach the portal system

>>be me
stopped reading

they need to fix the AI, I don't give a shit about any of that if the AI is passive and can't fight

good

Thanks for the input friendo :^)

>emancipation
What are they going to do?

Fuck the starting missions are always bullshit.
>Looking for cultists
>One system left
>Bump into xenos and the last system is in their empire
What the hell are the rewards for these missions anyway? I can never complete them until mid game because paradox loves to surround me with other empires so I can't finish them unless I fight a war with someone.

>constant energy credits problems
>can't expand fast enough
>suddenly leader dies
>choose one with an investor trait
>research complete on better power plants
>upgrade

Oh baby, I can finally spend all these shekels so I can start making even more shekels.

negotiation civvie access is so hard

>be cruising along, everything going fine, entire population is as happy as they can be
>check demographics screen for the fun of it
>primary species is now a minority in my own empire

...well fuck, and I'm individualistic so no purging

What are the most fun empire traits?

Fanatic materialist/militarist seems mediocre. Nothing interesting happens.

Coĺlective.
Dat purging

>Coolface
Haven't seem that face in a year, I suspect an ebin revival in 2018 by the same normies that brought Loss back to life.
I suppose I need to get the Doge mod and play a meme campaign

>gotta play stellaris
>gotta play overwatch
If cock was the next hot video game you'd suck for weeks without a second thought

XD

>only facing single 8K fleet
>before I can reach it, a 12K fleet jumps right in the middle of my fleet
>wipe it out before the other fleet fully reaches me
>rape it with siege cannons from range
>another 12K fleet appears
>then another
>and another
>Unbound is sending every fucking fleet in the region
>sensors tell me every single system around this one is fucking filled with Unbound fleets and more are jumping in
>how the fuck they've let Unbound become this powerful
>my armada is getting grinded down as more and more ships survive past the maximum range of my siege cannons
>somehow the commander of the second flotilla dies in the middle of battle
>my combined 28K is now down to 21K
>wiped four Unbound fleets but more just keep pouring in
>can't reach the Portal because bogged down
>thirty seconds later fleet down to 11K
>emergency jump out
>retreat back to own territory with mere 6K fleet
how fucked is this galaxy?

I need to be able to access my with my fleet to kill them, and even after that you get another event
>The cultist leader escaped into yet another system
Plus the whole fucking mission involves practically halting your entire economy early game to destroy them because they have battleships and 300ish power military stations early game. So I have to build like 500 points in corvettes minimum when I could instead have invested those 500 minerals or whatever the cost would be (probably more like 700) into development. Beyond that the events serve no purpose, the game acts like the cultists are a major threat but if I ignore them nothing at all ever happens.

Seriously what do I even get for completing that mission a crappy battleship I'm guessing.

I was thinking about doing a collectivist/spiritualist divine mandate.

Sounds good?

That's somehow better

Should I wait till the Unbidden get to me while sending supplies to my federation allies or should I just go on a war path to make my way to them?

>angry reaction image
kek'd

You get some research points and a battleship at the end.

/agdg/ here, what is most important in a 4x/gs game?

Fucking paradox, they rushed this game so hard they didn't even finish writing some of the sentences

>Unbidden being actually challenging
Lucky you, I just defeated them with a single 30k fleet after travelling through their empty territory and fighting just a couple of their fleets.

Wow, so the most tedious starting mission also gives the shittiest reward.

>individualism is shit as is
>future updates will only make it worse for playing wide
>you will never be able to conquer the galaxy with your militaristic Theocratic Oligarchy that still believes in some degree of individual freedom and might even have to go cucklectivist to hold a thousand stars together.

Its ok, not a bad combo

this is what the galaxy used to look like

individualism isn't shit desu, its got hyper entertainment forum and galactic stock exchange

how about now motherfucker

A faction-specific toggle-able quest system that leads to a game-winning end, yay or nay?

>>small weapons are good against small ships
>>medium weapons are good against medium ships
>>large weapons are good against large ships

That's utterly false though. Small weapons don't get a magical bonus against small ships or anything.
Bigger weapons are objectively superior to smaller weapons in every fucking situation.

All the autists that ran battle simulations with console commands came to this conclusion. The 7% extra accuracy does shit to change the tide of battle.

Its only not shit because ethics divergence isnt working properly

this is NOT okay

Pretty cool that we have an alliance with /agdg/

As a huge fanboy with about 200 hours now I agree in most points with your post and I still love the game. Is this Stockholm Syndrome ?

>GENERAL
sadly it's obvious everything here will be DLC

>AI
I hope the next patch fixes it like they announced

>MECHANICS
I'm not sure if those are bugs or oversights, but I had to fight with most of those problems in all of my games.
War Score is retardedly high so in lategame you fight a 100 planet empire and at best you can take 4. If you get a mod to reduce War Score needed earlygame wars between AIs end with one AI completely swalling the other one.

Also I've yet to see a rebellion in any of the AI empires and the only times I get rebellions is when I neglect it on purpose and put my influence into edicts and just park armies on planets with rebel pops.

>WAR
Good thing mods managed to fix most of these issues.

>cant glass planets
Play Militarist, put planetary bombardment on Full and watch all pops die slowly.

>chasing enemy fleet forever
I love hyperlanes and the concept of those. But it's fucking impossible to play on hyperlanes right now. Every war turns into a chase worthy of the Bennie Hill Theme.

>INTERFACE
I have no idea how they managed to make such a good/sleek interface and then fuck it up with retarded oversights like most notifications and the ugly sector borders.

just get the conformist trait and you negate the effects of individualism entirely

and besides some ethics divergence is not bad, you can put your militarist citizens in the army, your materialists on science, your individualists on energy credits and your spiritualists on lower happiness planets

nay

Is there any way to make an AI get their fleets to support me in an attack on the unbidden? they seem happy enough to follow my fleets against other empires but not the unbidden. I could probably easily defeat them if i had just one of my allies' 30k worth of ships

are you trying to give agdg a bad name or what

Yes it is
>ethic that's self-defeating the way it causes more ethics divergence
>more unrest from divergence
>get wow, 2 buildings
>collectivism grants you a slavery acceptance, lower food consumption, and the ability to purge without touching that awful ethic that is xenophobe

Just report and ignore it
He's here just to shitpost

Why do you hate video games user?

R E M I N D E R

play now m'lord.

Declare war on an empire that's on the other side of the galaxy and isn't a immediate threat.
Kill unbidden with your allies and then white peace

I wonder, how do stagnant ascendancies interact with the endgame events? Seems like if the preythorians arrives in their neighborhood they'd just get recked

>All that unclaimed space

You had a chance to stop this. Pic related, got my niggas bunkered up on the edge of my borders, waiting for those unbidden cucks to make first contact.

free slaves
maybe """free""" robots

>start a game
>no body wants to join alliance with me
>beat the shit out of bully to have common threat bonus
>still don't want alliance
>liberated some planets and they won't become my vassal either
>suddenly i am a threat
>literally everyone besides two empires gang up on me
fuck this shitty cheating AIs

>space_serbia_when_turkroaches_reach_the_space_age.jpg

Thanks i never thought of that. Wish they had put something in the game that allows to designate war goals or something

I should really deal with this bug problem at some point.

Do the Unbidden/Prethoryn use whatever travel system I specify when creating the game? I want to bunker up with lots of fortresses around my borders and watch how the filthy extradimensional xenos get their shit pushed in again and again.

But that would only work if I can create chokepoints.

I want to fill my planets skies with orbital habitats, I'm talking a layer of habs thick enough to form a shield around the planet

are space stations even useful for creating chokepoints?
you can't build 2 of them within range of eachother

Holy shit, how did I not know about orbital bombardment in Distant Worlds before?

I automatically win every planetary invasion and all it costs me is a temporary hit to planet quality and everybody hating me.

I wonder if we can change warscore to a percentage of opponents total planets rather than fixed per planet?

Do pops only genetically modify themselves if they are on a different class planet to their home one? or do they all do it?

Pops will still diverge on new planets because the colony lander itself gives 2% divergence. In combination with distance from capital, your pops will ALWAYS diverge. Thats why collectivism is so good. Your pops actually keep thier ethics.

Just make a ringworld then faggot