pastebin.com/SuXCN3pf
Other useful resources
pastebin.com/TyAHmtW4

[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast (Updated every other Wednesday):
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!

Done with their part:
- RPG Maker Maker !!nHmJbtdk7T2
- Cortop !QqL8nX9URE
- Duwang !yP15zzo8dA
- MEands !!sbyw5zs4GtT
- Alexander Guy !swIUti/LTA
- salt !AOUYhrDYgU
- Double user !WAnon.pOpQ
- Crunch !I1tYcLS8Ts
- Comp !MEJ8qE/3h
- Silent Maid !ztOzYBnEEw
- Joakim Morgen !!4elh6dhvavq
- W.T.Dinner !LTqeha3bQk
- Firgof !aFqhsxkECQ

Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM

Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/x1txpv
soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/the-basement
soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/4-star-wanted-level
soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/boss-battle-futur3-wip
flickr.com/photos/limon-art/albums
mega.nz/#!LMhgQIwC!QCIycFzHAzdzoaK9GKkiJyS_Soiie1RWFbxFHd327kY
soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/battle-against-a-mighty-foe-fantay
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Making maps is the worst.

Depends on the version IMO. I like XP because I can start with building roofs/the black edges of caves and work down.

MV and VXace are a pain, because you have to start with the ground and work up.

>Currently working:
>Bubbles !u696zUYxpM

Woah, did I miss something in the last thread? When'd this charming fellow sneak in?

I asked if I could do the finale back in the last thread, what with you being quite busy and all. There didn't seem to be any objections and one guy welcomed me on board. I hope that isn't an issue.

You did miss it, then: And hey, if I recall, you said you'd have stuff to say once some people finished playing, right? Well, I finished !

bump

Best of luck, Bubbs

No objections. Just kinda surprised it got picked up so fast because I figured not a lot of folks cared anymore.

Ah yeah, the general format didn't really allow us to change the work of previous authors in a blatant way. On the other hand, the weird disconnects everywhere sort of bring it charm.

>SUCKY STUFF
If we were a coordinated team, this would've probably been not so bad. Given that everyone mostly had 2 weeks per chapter, I guess it could've worked better.

>GREAT STUFF
Agana and friends is probably the least bland among all the playable characters considering they don't have to deal so much with character inconsistencies or just being boring characters overall. (Mitch's Crew is too simple-minded, while Kashim, Nate, and Tara are played too straight.)

Chapter IX was mine~! Yeah the button lag in the non-stop debates were jank, but it was the best I could do with eventing and just one plugin. Sorry for not letting you just access the menu normally, but I wanted the chapter to feel just a bit off.

Regarding Zaria: Yeah I did want her to pop out more after she woke up again, but I couldn't keep holding onto the collab anymore. Original plan was to have her show off how ready she was to fight the Necrolith alongside the others by calling VR training dummies for her to beat up and show her moves. She was going to have a morph belt and combining weapons as skills. Then everyone else would've just begrudgingly accepted her to fight too.

While I feel like I could've done (much much) better, at least it's out there now.

Thanks. I got most of the art assets squared out, time to get to the real deal now.

Good to know. I've been keeping up with this thing for a while, so I'd like to finally pitch in.

Also, I've been meaning to ask if any of the previous chapter creators want anything special done for their characters in the epilogue, since the characters were made by you guys after all. I figure even if you're not doing the last chapter, you should get a say in it.

I left a txt file in the project way back after I finished chapter 5 with just one request: I wanted to see a boss fight against Agana (riding Jim) and her squad at some point. After chapter VIII, when her squad got even bigger, I was excited that the eventual boss fight could be even bigger too.

At this stage of the project, though, I don't think the finale sequence is a good place to have such a fight. The various parties all ended up on the same side by now, and it'd get in the way of the pacing to try to force in more conflict right after they've really started working together. So, don't do it.

Instead, for my input, I'll just say this: try to build the most satisfying conclusion you can gameplay-wise. Don't get bogged down by loose plot threads, and don't feel the need to resolve everything. You're working with a foundation that multiple people have built, but you yourself are about to become one of those people. They've had their time; now, this is your time.

And plus... Even if this is where the story ends, I don't know that I'll let the project die right away. I've been thinking for a while that it'd be fun to add in some bonus postgame content, NG+ content, or side stories. It'd be a place to put the fight against Agana's squad, or to find out where Cat ran off to, or maybe even a place to make good on the "Graff's Favour" switch that didn't end up doing much. That kind of thing. Just to always have a world to go back to when our own projects hit roadblocks, y'know? I'd like that, anyway. Hopefully others feel the same.

Coming up with a title is hard.

>The main quest is to slay a dragon, and then a dark lord
>Called "Dragon Quest"

>"We've made a bunch of stupid shit and are almost out of money"
>"Can make one last game"
>"Let's try a fantasy title"
>Final Fantasy

>It's an RPG with big-ass robots
>"But how do we make it stand out?"
>"Name it after the robots!"
>Xenogears

>"We literally have no idea for a name"
>Capitialize a letter
>SaGa

I'm having a hard time picking a name that isn't either too generic, or sounds like it's trying too hard to be unique.

Err on the unique side, pick a title that reflects your theme. Then say it to yourself, out loud, all day.
If it doesn't sound retarded by the end of the day, you're good.

>The story is about a holy sword
>"Seiken Densetsu"

>A dungeon crawler set in the world tree
>"Sekaiju no Meikyuu"

>DBZ game about the Saiyan saga
>"Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans"

JRPGs were doing the Really Direct Name Telling You Exactly What The Thing Is™ long before light novels took up the task.

Any word sounds retarded if you keep saying it out loud.

world world world world world world world

Also:
>There is a strong dragon theme in this game
>And dragons, uh... breathe fire
>Brilliant!
>Breath of Fire

The Final Fantasy thing is false though.
The real reason for the name is more stupid.

It's fine even if it sounds ridiculous. A lot of awesome titles are ridiculous.
>"Metal... Gear!?"

Use the augment slots, with a dummy chest armor sealed on char.

Time for a second round of "What's your favorite monster, god, or general figures from folklore and mythology"!

The ones I like and hadn't thought of yet have a good chance of showing up in my game, so feel free to add anything you like.

poal.me/x1txpv

What is the real reason?

They wanted to call it Fighting Fantasy, but couldn't due to copyright reasons.
They went with Final because both Final and Fighting start with an F.

Wow
This really is a stupid reason

What can I do about screen tearing in MV?

I'm trying to make an equipement system where for example you enter in slot "chest" and then it changes the window that showed the slots for another one where for example says "shirt", "tunic", "chainmail" and "armor". So before I start scripting, has anyone already done it? I am using rpg maker mv and yanfly equipement script

Tanks, the thread closed and I thought nobody saw my comment.

Bump?

>the game is about traveling through time as a cisgender white male
>"Chrono Trigger"

>chrono
>white

No problem.

Have Shiny Orb Diety revealed be the narrator.

Just kidding. Just don't have Erin/Bear/Ball assist in the final battle without some actual cost. I think we've already hit the cap on (literal) Deus ex Machinas.

soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/the-basement

Love it when the muse strikes, albeit in a disturbing way. Going for a horror vibe, figured it'd be good practice.

Also finished this the other night. Posted it but then the last thread was kill.

soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/4-star-wanted-level

Time to make sum maps.

RIP thread

Just go for something that has a good ring to it. Things like Legend Of Snowflakia aren't really memorable or gripping, no matter how unique it may be.

Speaking of which, I totally missed it, but apparently the collab game became "Necrolith Something: Something Heroes" at some point. I was kinda disappointed in the bland name.

What inspires/convinces you to actually work on your game, despite the fact that it may or may not ever be successful commercially?

I think it's practically impossible to not be commercially successful, desu. You won't be Undertale or Stardew, but you'll be able to make a comfortable living if you're not slacking off on dev time.

Commercially? Pfft. That was never part o the equation. I make games because I enjoy it.

No, it's plenty possible. Don't quit your day job.

Too late. I'm already a NEET.

Being creative is pretty much the only joy in my life.

Strong urge to express my ideas.
I suck at everything but ideas, apart from some writing abilities maybe, but even that's tough to get out of my head. But no one pays you for being an ideas guy, so what alternative is there but working on it by yourself anyway?

What do you guys think of MV?

>"Who do we name it after? Its got 108 fucking characters!"
>"The world its in?"
>"Oh, yeah. Suiko."
>Suikoden

>See also Skies of Arcadia

That's a pretty dank beat you got on that first one, man

The basement is really fucking creepy, that is the stuff that gives you nightmares. Great work user.

I love the openness of it. If I need to, I can rewrite, rip out, or replace any part of the engine, or even make my own editors to better handle data specific to my game. To be honest, I haven't really delved into the editor yet.

Same. Primarily everything I've been doing has nothing to do with RPGMaker, really.

It's barely an "RPG Maker" if you don't want it to be.

Thanks man. Glad you liked it.

Thank ye. Sufficient spoopy success then I guess. I'm getting better at some stuff, I think I'd like making a living doing the music thing if the game doesn't pan out.
The music silly. Plus I want to give back to a hobby that has given me so much.

soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/boss-battle-futur3-wip

I'm no Jake Kaufman but it isn't something I think I'd mind getting really gud at. Then I could go bandcamp or something.

I like it. Got VX Ace right before and made a shitty tech demo. It's bad. So the jump wasn't such a big deal, figured I'd start fresh.

My only complaint so far is that some of the audio is laggy, and some animations too. But that is commonplace I think. Is there a way to rectify it does anyone know?

I know that feel, still don't have one for mine yet. It'll come at somepoint though I'm sure.

Weighing commercial success too heavily, what "the market wants" over what you actually want to do and trying to chase trends as an end goal can really just fuck your shit up, so by trying not to think that hard about it.

Not to say I'm successful at doing that but I'm busy with other things anyway. Still, whatever you're creating, ideally you put the passion first and create your own audience. Commercial success will come par for the course on your visible effort, passion and quality as or more assuredly than trying to appeal to some lucrative denominator.

I'm making a game that isn't shit. If it isn't great out the doors, I'll rub a tiny bit on advertising and see how it goes.

It's got problems, I hate the dumbass 'intuitive layers/mapping' where you have to start at the ground up, but the multi-platform and javascript makes up for it imo.
Also Yanfly.

So after a break of anywhere from a couple weeks to a month (I have no idea), I've realized that hiatuses are awful for development. Who'da thought?

So I'm gonna grit my teeth and finish working on the plot outline and flesh it out (hardest part for me). Wish me luck ;_;

>what "the market wants" over what you actually want to do and trying to chase trends as an end goal can really just fuck your shit up

Yeah, just look at all the failed MMORPGS or DotA clones chasing the trend, and how many of them are still alive and profitable.
And yet all the big companies keep doing it...

In an ideal world, you make the game you'd want to play and people will come to you, because they can see your passion and effort.

In the real world, this might not happen so readily.
But as you're playing games and judging their worthiness of your time, you build up a certain baseline of standard for yourself, so making a game you'd want to play will draw from that standard. That's already solid enough for some people.

Besides, offering people things they didn't know they wanted is far easier to do than ticking their preformed boxes, as they change constantly (and they don't even know what they want).

Or something like that.

Good luck Music user!

>tfw you will never be able to come up with surreal monsters like these:
flickr.com/photos/limon-art/albums

;_;

Oh well. At least I can try.

Is there any artist you guys wish you could mimic?

Any of the stupid sexy musicians here. I can draw, sprite, whatever. But music? Fuck no.

Thanks user!

So as I'm writing, I'm getting a good feel of turning some common ideas on their heads to catch the player off guard.

Any of you guys playing with the idea of turning cliches around for more clever plot twists? Don't need to spoil anything if you don't want to, just curious.

We excuuuuuse me. Feel free to change it to something else. I just slapped it on there at a whim.

MV's barely an upgrade over Ace. The only main advantages it has innately are larger resolution support, innate mouse support, and online support. As an engine, everything is cookie cutter that you can hardly call it an upgrade. It feels like all they did was slap on a sideview battle system and called it a day. However, Yanfly is (still) supporting MV and if you've used any of the previous RPG makers, you know that's a big deal. He/she already has over a hundred plugins made for it...

Yeah, I think big name companies can at least afford to not be number one, balance out the investment into franchises and cut losses without going under. On a more independent level it's much more all in dead or die, so I can understand hedging bets to a 'safe' trend, but banking too hard outside what you actually want can stagger and stop that creative drive, and might not pay off anyway.

>But as you're playing games and judging their worthiness of your time, you build up a certain baseline of standard for yourself, so making a game you'd want to play will draw from that standard.
That's really key, yeah. Especially with RPG Maker stuff I'll go through it really analytically for sense of scale and design, what could have been done better, what can be done and what can be done better.

Pretty much if you put a good head and heart into it, the rest will come naturally enough. Probably.

I'm trying to write a mystery murder game so yes, I have to take the player's expectations and then do something completely unpredictable and different.

>mystery murder game

If you can, post progress every once in a while. That shit's right up my alley.

Lol cosigned, I've only got the prologue written out.

Good luck man!

Any of the artfags here. I'm like the exact opposite of I do have a few ideas, not gonna go too nuts though. Will probably come off more as a "heh, that was kinda funny" rather that the lulzfest that plays out in my head.

That sounds pretty cool actually, mines gonna be in the more traditional sense because I'm a weak weak weak man and don't want to be too creative.

Anything in particular I need to know about RPGM2003?

There's no scripting and very low resolution.

>As an engine, everything is cookie cutter that you can hardly call it an upgrade.
At least it's way more extensible than Ace. I really, really prefer Ruby over JS, but Ace's implementation was pretty shit.

Just try to keep it from feeling like you're being unpredictable for the sake of being unpredictable. Build up the player's assumptions, then break them with something equally logical.
Good luck, user. Hoping someday I can play your game.

Thank you Anons, I'm currently working on the characters (and trying to improve my drawing skills alongside it) and the progress is slow but steady.
At first I wanted to make a very dynamic game with randomized murderers/victims every time but the narrative would suffer from that and it would be pretty much a Cluedo game then.
So I'm going for a more linear approach with multiple scenarios instead. I'll make sure to post some things when I actually have something to present.

bjmp

Where can i get the Time Fantasy pack for free, i really wanted it but i'm a poorfag and i don't think i'm going to use it commercially, so paying for it wouldn't be worth. Where can i get it?

It is amazing, the tiles and char resolution isn't shitty, it has an awesome battle system and you can actually make RPGs with it.

The HUMBLE BUNDLE 2 resource pack died... Anybody got a mirror to that? Mega took it down.

Uh, was that in the 1 dollar bundle back then?

In the art resources link in the OP, it's this one with a shitton of stuff.

mega.nz/#!LMhgQIwC!QCIycFzHAzdzoaK9GKkiJyS_Soiie1RWFbxFHd327kY

Thanks man

You are working on your game, yes?

I was. But drawing kids proved to be much more difficult than drawing adults., so I quit t and went back to playing SNES RPG ROMs.

I have a game?

I've just been sketching random anime grills. Considering offering to draw people's characters for them in the form of profile pictures, but i'm too tired at the moment.

I'm actually working on another track right now. May post it in a bit.

Bump

Nope, sorry. Okay, back into MV.

Examples? Ever done commissions for game assets?

it hurts

soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/battle-against-a-mighty-foe-fantay

Annnnnnd done. Whew, most content I've actually finished in a day. Feeling accomplished.

I like it and the beginning reminded me of LISA but it ends somehow abrupt, I was expecting the song to grow more intense right there.

What distribution platforms are you planning to sell your game on? What are the Pros and Cons of them.

Underground Mongolian blackmarket sites

Desktop only for the current project. Future ones will be mobile viable, though.

Veeky Forums, for free

Thank you, haven't played LISA so the comparsion is lost on me but I've heard its bretty gud. I know it ends abruptly, mostly cause I didn't fade it out, it's supposed to loop. I may add another section though, so consider it a WIP for now.

I have a hard time judging when to end a song sometimes, don't wanna overstay my welcome but I don't want to leave people hanging either. I think I need to practice scales some more.

LISA has a very unique soundtrack, you should listen to it sometime.
Not sure how to put it but I am someone who likes long songs in general. It's hard to get enthralled by something when it's over too soon.

Noted, will listen to it tomrrow.

I too prefer longer songs, I'm just not good at stretching out melodies. Most of my crap is around the 2 1/2 minute mark, only a couple are longer than that. I'm gettin better though, so it'll come in time. I hope at least.

Don't undersell yourself, I don't think that you are bad by any means. You are improving with every song you make and you can only get better.
I would be honored to have some songs made by you for my project when I am that far.
So keep it up user and most importantly remember to have fun.

Thanks. You're a pretty cool dude.

>I'm so sad user... can I get a hug?

Also another portrait.
Good night /rpgmg/

Good night, cute robutt.

Why is it so hard to find someone to make a comissioned plugin? I'm not even looking for something free, but there's just a few people making plugins for MV.