/wgg/ Wargames General

New DLC revives thread edition
>What is this?
A general for all strategic, operational, and tactical war games that can't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals. ARMA need not apply.

>Old thread

>Attention Grabbing tags:
/wgg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Wargame: Red Dragon
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Theatre of War
Men of War
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Beasts
Steel Panthers MBT
CMANO

>Graviteam DLC:
pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h (embed)

>Interesting history links:
Cold War military technology ads:
vintageadbrowser.com/military-ads-1980s
/wgg/ misc Cold War literature:
mediafire.com/download/zfm69f0k91pmf0y/wgg-lit-v1.3.rar
The Soviet Army: troops, organization & equipment
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm100-2-3.pdf
USMC intelligence North Korea handbook:
fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nkor.pdf
Everything there is to know about the T-62:
thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.my/2015/12/t-62.html

>Steamgroups:
/wgg/ old group
steamcommunity.com/groups/VG-Wargamers
/wgg/ new group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dedgamededthread
Uralmod official group
steamcommunity.com/groups/Uralgraznomod
/wgg/ Men of War / Call to Arms Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/ReReaGa

>Teamspeak server
uralmod.typefrag.com:7495

>Legacy Wargame General pasta and game-info repository:
pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m (embed)
dropbox.com/s/lon0cgmjfqwq1oi/WargameRD_Hidden_Knowledge_Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1UvBiH3lrCFzLYnRzNzF49yVtaNHYLfi7dgMpNE517RM/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BOV_(APC)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BVP_M-80
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OT_M-60
plays.tv/video/5740982bdc47236452/-wargamereddragon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

do you think they'll ever make a wargame thats not shit?

probably

this thread is doomed to fail most people that used to post have moved on

guess it will always be ded

Oh shit, look whats back

anyone have the dutch dlc?
i saw the lance missile and it looks powerful

I'll bump this thread for a bit, see if anyone shows up.

>tfw wargame freezes and lags then bluescreens my computer

a3g is back and better than ever

Wargame games are on sale on steam currently and I've always wanted to try them out, which one should I get if I want to play solo?

Can you hear that? its the sound of PACT players crying.

European Escalation. It has the best single-player. If you ever want to play multiplayer, get Red Dragon or whatever the most recent one is.

Some steam review for EE are worrying as they say the campaign got hit hard by patches and is near impossible.
Are they exaggerating or is it accurate?

Just bought the Dutch DLC, what am I in for?

anyone /ogame/ here?

That missile suppresses everything ever everywhere.

You can have a calm elite tank a city block away that will get stunned from that thing's impact.

best SF in game. Top tier airforce. Top tier tanks. Top tier shocktroops. 1925m Anti-Infantry missile troops. Non Radar Ihawk. Apache gunship and Apache [SA] Hellfire choppers.

Also Dutch-German Armored is nutso. You lose the SF and tactical missile, but you've got stootroopen and panzergrens, and 4 Leopard 2A5, the dutch Leo 2A4 is awesome. The recon Leo the dutch get is a very good optic, medium stealth Leopard 1A5. Also the SEAD whole the dutch have gets filled by the Tornado ECR, and you can swap the F-16 block 5 iron bomber for the IDS, 10 pt inc., 10% ecm

I thought Eugen gave out free DLC
I thought that was their saving grace
Why?

So what decks get access to super missle? Just support and combined?
Also how much supply is it per a shot?

Look how much free support they gave the game, buying the new faction is totally optional, and you can still play in the same game as it without buying it. I have no issues with spending 6$ to support a game I like

It not impossible gameplay wise, it's a decent campaign. The only problem it has is it lags hard for some reason. Out of nowhere the game decided to needs to have 1-4 second delays to select units and issue orders. And once units start moving they stop for 1 second, then move for 2 seconds then stop again like a student driver learning standard transmission.

I can only imagine how those 10v10 tactical matches will go now.

>PACT spams SF in the forests
>Dutch missile removes the entire forest and the villages next to it
>4 PACT players quit

>enjoy playing support so I can create a vast AAA/SAM network to help dominate the airspace so my recce/SF forces can spot targets for allies airstrikes and help with an offensive while keeping them supplied at all times
>tfw every shitter in the game plays support and just sits back with their artillery and pisses away all their supplies and then quits.

Support is suffering, good thing Commonwealth motorized decks are fun.

Is the user who uploads GT Mius to google drive here?

Turn off your supply until you are using it.

It's not the supply thieves that piss me off, its the idiots who only play support to spam artillery and do nothing else all game that piss me off.

How do i start getting into Wargame ?
EE > Airland> RedDragon then jump into multiplayer?
Which multiplayer mode is the most alive? Red dragon?

I would say just jump into rd and get your ass kicked then watch the replays of what other people do, or watch replays on YouTube and then try to use what you learn from there.
Honestly the players are toxic as fuck mostly so don't expect help from them.
Last game I played some sperg on my team sat and contently held the line well the other team controlled more points in conquest and insulted everyone else on the team, at end of match he had least kills and most deaths on team.
So in otherwords expect other players to suck hate you insult you and just do your best and try to get better.

Support, Motorized. I think it's included in some other categories but dutch/german can only have mech/moto/armored/support.

Dunno about supply cost on missile yet, haven't had time to do real testing. I imagine similar to ATACMS.

I believe aim time is 10s, but don't quote me on that. The missile travels just as fast as the atacms missile, but I haven't done a comparison of the two just yet.

Also you get 2 lances per card in dutch only AND dutch/german, and you get two cards in both.

It's a bit pricey but I really like having a gunship apache. That thing will murder exposed infantry and IFV. Unlike the old DAP which only had 1km range on the miniguns, the main gun is 1575m so it doesn't have to get too close to do maximum damage. It's not the most efficient, but I like it.

>they actually added a tactical ballistic missile
The absolute madmen.

So how much of the Netherlands is new and how much of it is clones?

New models? probably just the lance, maybe the f-84.

A lot of stuff is same model with different or improved stats. Korps marine are elite marine 90, stootroopen are 10 man marine 90, Cheetah is a gepard without stabilizer, HEOS ihawk is the EOTS iHawk. F-16s out the wazzoo but with very good loadouts - you can pick anything but sead. Apache is... an apache but theres a gunship variant and a hellfire slinging variant (arguably better since it won't try and fuck around with rocketpods like US apache). Also their super dragon teams have 2 HE meaning they can target infantry )))))))

Any more content planned for WarGame?

Nation DLCs.
Map packs.

I'm pretty fucking pisssed they porked the map packs by making them asian, I really wanted to see a remastered EE map. They could totally turn red dragon into their flagship for sometime.

You know, Eugene is ingenious. They make updates and tweaks to the game the polarizes the community and really gives it that, "cold war," kinda feel.

Ah, well, maybe down the line eventually. Do you know what nations are planned?

probalby the most wanted ones like israel or yugoslavia. more pact nations would be nice
>you will never remove rice as serbia

Honestly with the work required to rebuild the ee assets it may have just been too expensive for a free dlc,and releasing a paid dlc like that would split the community.

But then you have an awesome classic like the highway map which is unrecognizable from of all it's traits in european escalation beyond the highway itself. A lot of it's gameplay was charactized by the terrain, with all the gulches and valleys. Red Dragon's campaigns really lacked the niceness from EE.

They said it was a possibility, but more then likely wat he said. Yugoslavia wouldn't surprize me.

B?

M?

Ded thread already?

Yugo DLC fucking when

It's been two years and three free dlcs. This dlc is well worth the money.

What would the JNP have to offer?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BOV_(APC)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BVP_M-80
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OT_M-60

Not to mention Zastava armaments and combination of both PACT and NATO equipment.

I half expect them to add Turkey at some point. Really surprised they left out the second biggest NATO army this long actually.

Turkey wouldn't make much sense, it'd be more fitting in a desert orientated game.

How does the Nordic countries make sense in China? I don't think Eugen care all that much about the historical chances of use. Plus parts of Turkey are forested and hilly as fuck.

I'm aware and I had the thought you'd reply like this, most of the middle east is has various terrains which go from snowy mountains to forested hills. An appropiate counter point would have actually been that turkey hasn't been in any international assistance or NATO operations, scandinavia on the other hand has so nordic decks make relative sense especially in setting where there's apparently no nuclear bombs and the cold war is quite hot.

Sweden was never a part of NATO though.

Neither was australia, you don't have to be directly in it to operate in JTFs.
Sweden has operated many times in NATO operations, so has norg and denmark, especially denmark considering it's contributions to antipiracy.

There's a legitimate argument to nordics being in red dragon. Turkey just wouldnt' make much sense with it's lack of contribution to western operations.

Has anyone played Call to Arms?

>All the reviews are basically "Waah why do I have to earn things"
If there's a problem with balancing, just put newbs against each other. Can't imagine it'd be that hard. War Thunder does it greatly.

Haven't played the game in many months, what's happening with the meta now? I hear tanks are the backbone of combat again?

Public servers are awful, clan/private is the only way to play, chat is filled with /pol/ and it's still pratically all the same shit.

>page 10
not on my watch.

It still seers my blood to this day why bohemia didn't add turrets to the hunters alike this image.

bump

I cant fucking get a game as blufor so I cant use my 6 dollar meme missile, but at least I can play games fast as redfor. how are the dutch working out for you all?

More likely Yugoslavia and/or Finland for REDFOR next.

Turkey was really really shit during the cold war, they have developed alot as a military since then.

You know Turkey came to Korea the first time, yes?

>hear about the new wargame stuff
>search in the catalog
>find this

Are we back guys? How have you been doing? Where is Bob?

I have been doing well, yourself?

Just browsed them a little in the armory and yeah, they look pretty pay to win, if I didn't know it's just eugen balancing I'd think they wanted to make us pay for op stuff.

>Extremely good infantry
>good tanks
>non radar hawk
>not lacking stuff like mortars
>"ok, at least they'll have some weaker stuff in the air"
>apache gunship

Pretty good, settled for a while in /twg/ but sadly no wargames played for quite a while. So desperate I might try blackice for HOI3.

is osa-akm worth taking over the ak in your guys opinion?

No one thinks the AH-64A for US is even good, so why would anyone think the AH-64 TD is all that great for Netherlands?

Because that's still better than not having a gunship at all?

My PC has a hard time running CoH, would I be able to run any of the Wargames series?

If you PC struggles with a ten year old game, its time to upgrade.

So did almost every member of the UN.

They also got some the best F-16's in the game.

Only the ASF one is even close to best in class, both the bombers are outdone by a variety of other aircraft, and the Block 15OCU is objectively worse than the Danish MLU.

New DLC? Really? Is it the rest of EU?

They add a single faction, of course blufor. By this time though I question the wisdom of having a single faction dlc cost as much as half of the whole game during the discount. How is it being received?

Pathetic. This is some new level jewery.

To be fair they added all the other DLCs up till now for free, but yeah for that price they should have given at least a faction for each side

so at this point they basically have no way of getting out of adding Yugoslavia and Italy right?

>objectively

explain how its worse.

Yugoslavia and Finland seem to be the current front-runners, but Italy is third on the list. Whether they go ahead with more or not depends on how well the first one sells.

>Italy

I can see it now, units that constantly route and fail in assaults even with vastly superior numbers.

>drinking monty's koolaid

Col Moschin did some cool stuff like telling the enemy to surrender large weaponry but keeping the small one and leave bases. Garibaldi Battallion archived objectives without fighting most of the time.
I mean, you can give them a lot of shit for their conflicts except WW1, but not in the Serbo-Bosnian scenario.

Good evening comrades.

MLU has 4 amraams, Block 15 has 2, they have otherwise the same stats and the same price.

BMP-ing for great justice.

plays.tv/video/5740982bdc47236452/-wargamereddragon

wew

Testing this AMD thing.