/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE. You can only downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod.
-Even on 11.0, Luma3DS needs an updated arm9loaderhax.bin or Luma3DS.dat to go online. Get it here: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing to run Loadiine and more.

-PSV
Cobra Black-Fin will be released in the future. It won't be compatible with 3.60.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiiuiso.com/archive/
isup.me/http://www.wiiuiso.com/
cobra-blackfin.com/
pastebin.com/tkbEMP91
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

where do you guys dl your loadiine-ready games (besides the pastebin)? i see a few on iptorrents but is there anywhere better?

Anyone?

wiiuiso usually has a ton

Is converting a physical 3ds game that I own into a good .cia a hard process? I'm considering it if it's not too much trouble.

wiiuiso is shit though

Please?

You asked, and I answered your question shitbird

Read the OP, your answer is there.

It's easy, just dump them and then use simple cia converter

Guys!
I downgraded to 2.1.0, dumped OTP and restored sysNAND back to 9.2.
What are chances of something going wrong at this point?

why? it has the games you ask for

Anyone know this?

About to redo preparatory work on my aureinand to update it to luma and I think that will work.

But would I just reinject FBI or be better off just CIA installing the new version?

you're in the clear. if anything goes wrong its your fault

is the site down?

i get a database error
wiiuiso.com/archive/

Spoonfeed me a guide for switching from RxTools to whatever I should be using instead? Have yet to update to the most recent firmware on my emunand.

Is it really that easy? Where do all these "bad" cias that I hear of come from then? Is there a way to test if it's "good" or not?

update.gif

isup.me/http://www.wiiuiso.com/

>guide tells me to update to latest firmware
That doesn't sound right, if I update to 11 I'll be stuck.

Not if you grabbed the firmware.bin like it told you to. It's only your RedNAND being updated anyway. You're going to be on 11.0 in the end.

just fucking install a9lh now and you will be clear from all software errors

Just ignore it. Downgraded two 3DS w/o updating to latest firmware and everything went fine. Both were in 10.7

SOMEBODY CALL THE FUCKING FBI, YOU FOUND THE MAJOR FLAW IN THIS GUIDE TONS OF PEOPLE HAVE USED WITHOUT ANY TROUBLE

The reason you're following a guide is because you have no idea what you're doing, don't try to question it

>i know more than the guide xD

>i like to shitpost on Veeky Forums xD

Just started having this happen to me today and I've been getting this 'update required' prompt even though I'm up to date. I can't play online or do other things because of it. Had a hacked 3DS for a while and want to know how to fix this.

>I'm too cool to read the OP

>i can't read XD

Was /hbg/ a mistake?

>all questions that can be answered are in the guides
>more obscure questions are never answered because barely anyone experiences that obscure problem

What's even the point of /hbg/?

To make fun of gatewayfags since they hurt our feelings for years

Shitpost about which CFW people think is best despite them all being the same.

Why does KTH post his Sm4sh mods but doesn't upload them? What's the point?
That being said, is there any good tutorials to import models yourself?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

jnustool

wiiuiso

calm down

hello austronautlevel2 and co
how is your anus

How do I get mk8 updates working on loadiine?

>Download updates directly from Nintendo from that homebrew program I can't remember the name of
>Add "Update" folder to MK8 on the SD card
>Change Loadiine game options to boot the update too

Ok, so I've installed a9lh and restored my 10.5 emunand, since I don't want to go full sysnand pirate mode yet.
Is this it, am I done? Should I install Luma 1.2.0 update .cia on this emunand?

>tfw densetsu died

>it crashes

>Ok, so I've installed a9lh and restored my 10.5 emunand, since I don't want to go full sysnand pirate mode yet.
What? Why? The point of a9lh is so you don't need EmuNAND anymore.

Anyone know where I can download Dragon Quest X?
>WiiUiso search
Not there

why don't you want to go sysnand yet? It's literally just backup emunand > load decrypt9 > restore sysnand with the keep a9lh option on. I don't see the point for an emunand here, user.
You don't need to pirate on sysnand, just saying

What CFW are you running? If it's luma, I guess the update cia may come in handy

I'm just the paranoid type.

Updated Aurei to Luma with no issues

How would I go about updating injected FBI?

Wow, I just realized you need a USB card reader to use an SD card for external storage. What a piece of shit this system is.

>updating injected FBI
Just install the new FBI.cia via the old injected one to launch it add it to home menu separately.

Why would you download an MMO you can't go online with?

just re-inject the new version using the Universal Injector then put it in using Decrypt9

>Can't go online
sure...

but you can't

ignore and follow
like you did with the old fbi
don't waste a menu icon out of laziness.
as long as the program is smaller than H&S, you're fine.

俺のヒーロアカデミアバトルフォーオール WHEN?

Looks shit

>BnHA
That series is shit.

Has anyone hacked their Vita? I have one sitting on 3.55 and the things you can do with it seem so limited that it doesn't even seem worth it.

Is there even a small chance that we'll be able to get pirated Vita games on it ever?

k

Blackfin
cobra-blackfin.com/

Do I look like I give a shit?

I haven't even watched the anime, much less read the manga. I just want games.

honestly, go for it. a9lh is great and I can only recommend it
The only regret I have is that I can't use my brickway anymore

For now

come on,did this not happen to anyone else?

IOSU when?

This is exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks

I fear that they'll release an a9lh payload that either directly injects into NAND or their installer doesn't allow normal a9lh payloads to be used/their payload can't be used with a9lh's current implementation

when we bail him out

Following the guide right now, can I just use Reinand for part 5 instead of switching over to Lumas?

use Luma to finish the guide, then just replace the a9lh payloads

sure fuck the guide you do you

Realistically, the code will be stolen or at least very based on the current stuff already available so it should all be compatible with each other.

i'm trying to make smash bros nu3banks but i am running into a problem
i typed in the python command for converting the idsp into a nus3bank but it just spits out this error. what do i do?
i am following this guide pastebin.com/tkbEMP91

We can't help if you censor part of the cmd window, friend

I sure as fuck hope so, user.

that's just the path, that doesn't matter

Can't help if we can't see if the error is from the path, sorry.

i have an O3DS XL, is it worth upgrading to a N3DS or nah?

but the error says it's an issue with the script itself, doesn't it? i don't think the path matters

He just wants your name.

Unless you're autistic, nah.

Sorry can't help if you don't give all the information, good luck on your own!

>Read the OP, your answer is there.
But it only says something about Luma, not cakes

yes o3ds users be mad these days

figures. but for what purpose?

>another Proto-poster

Sup, Bro?

HOW DO I LAUNCH LOADIINE WITH SMASH BROS? HOYL SHIT I ONLY WANT TO PLAY ON 200CC ON MK8, FUCKING MIIS

Why don't you just fucking try it?

Just make a nand backup before you update.

for le ebin ddos

I think I have successfully downgraded from 10.7 to 9.2, however when I try to launch the HBL from OoThax the 3ds hangs up and shows up a screen asking to reboot. Is this normal?

yep because it still has the 10.7 payload, use browserhax like the guide says

I'm on aureinand and I wanted to update to luma.

I don't want to mess anything up but I'm not sure if I'm doing this right because of how the guide on updating Aureinand is written.

>Move contents of Aurei to luma
>Remove all things but payloads from luma

It would end up looking like pic related
Wouldn't I need a firmware.bin?

So just replace my arm9loaderhax.bin with an updated one? I just don't want to fuck this up

there's nothing risky about it, this is what youre supposed to do

Get the new firmware.bin from the latest luma. Then get luma updater.cia

Firmware.bin is no longer necessary unless you want to load a specific firmware (ie 10.2 for NTR support).

>People are still using Hamcha's updater

Pic related

So I have been trying to setup A9LH, and I'm on the part where I injected 2.1 unbricked (N3DS) into my SysNAND, but I closed my 3DS on the 2.1 browser screen while I went to go take a shower (~20 min) and the screen was black when I came back. Now whenever I start up my system, I get "an error has occurred, please turn off the power" immediately as I boot. No luck trying to get into recovery mode, hangs at a black screen, screen turns on, but is pitch black. I've tried removing my SD when booting, but no luck there either. Is this recoverable or is a hardmod needed to restore a nand backup?

i updated wiiu firmware from 5.3 to 5.5.1 just now
i know i can still use homebrew but did i goof?