/aog/- Attorney Online General

No drama edition

IMPORTANT: docs.google.com/forms/d/1EeykqoaHiarujoRmc_WNAyimx_H63Y-ShPUaPEyntJU/viewform
Please vote on the survey format of future updates!

>What is this?
Ace Attorney Online! Allowing anons to unite to talk, shitpost, perform AA-like trials and have fun overall.
Our server is Attorney Online Vidya, come join us!

>How to download this?
The following document has all download links and information:
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit

>FAQ & Tricks
docs.google.com/document/d/18cYwIzZDNQafru7k4Kif5uUTc2f0_j7lWpxFDMfVuAY/edit

>Gameplay footage WHERE?
Streams are almost always running. Ask in the thread!

>My client keeps crashing, what do I do?
Check the FAQ & Tricks document for help.

>[music/character] when?
docs.google.com/document/d/1mOUWhMcUVk8l0kJj1fEbmzsDa6-wQ6NdHV8NsQoJD1c/edit

>Strawpoll document
docs.google.com/document/d/1YDlzipx6h8Dkuh8GtK2LqPfpSPA3QJqD8UAMFcjpcyU

>How do I play [x] role?
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>WIKI
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/

>TEMPLATE LIBRARY
docs.google.com/document/d/14gc38VJu0igrVgVW92QWj3DJnrwZrntmpjLxah7Udck/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>HOW TO GET STARTED
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1uQgJmNKQZsPKR8qArZWiUHyygSb2qiTsc3xgXDSCfLQ/edit#heading=h.a4bu8pzie27r
docs.google.com/document/d/1i2edPa3OUqc9ixP63DW3uBWdGtId9T91UCbFgYDRsDY/edit?pref=2&pli=1
strawpoll.me/10268332
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Forget drama post funny screencaps

New type of case: Logic Battle
docs.google.com/document/d/1uQgJmNKQZsPKR8qArZWiUHyygSb2qiTsc3xgXDSCfLQ/edit#heading=h.a4bu8pzie27r

Beta testing this format.

No, why don't we have an actual conversation about why some people are unhappy with recent changes instead of trying to force us to comply by saying any and all criticism is "drama."

>unhappy with recent changes
Is this another way of saying "bitch about Rise for five threads"? If so, please don't.

>FE IS LITTERALLY SHIT
>LUCINA WILL RUIN THE GAME
>REEEEEEEEEEE

>not drama

Ace Attorney is a visual novel series about trials and investigations.

Danganronpa is a visual novel series about trials and investigations.

Ghost Trick is a game about investigation.

999 is a room escape visual novel.

Professor Layton is a riddle solving puzzle game.

>I don't care about the community! My waifu and husbando are finally in the game! Now I wish I could just strawman all criticism to death!

Case building in area 3

Remember how we officially removed him?

>I don't care about the community!
Bitching is good for the community?

>My waifu and husbando are finally in the game
This is your only 'argument' and it's getting really stale.

Did anybody bitch about Zetta Slow?

I honestly believe that the yelling should start if lucina and chrom become actual problems.
Ive seen people yell about waifuism in generals way too often only too see it didnt change shit to actually believe this is bad,

Layton had a crossover though so he can stay.

He was in the game from the start, before AOV.

Wait, Sho got removed?

He got removed from the CSS at a time when removal from the CSS actually meant something.

Moderation and server staff, I would like to point out the following.

From our official server rules document:
docs.google.com/document/d/1i2edPa3OUqc9ixP63DW3uBWdGtId9T91UCbFgYDRsDY/edit?pref=2&pli=1

Said minimum quality standards involve the following for characters:
>Correctly cropped, polished character sprites with fluid animations;
>Art style at least remotely similar to the Ace Attorney style;
>Characters suggested must preferably be at least loosely related to the Ace Attorney environment, as in related to crimes, investigations, etc;

For non-official content or content unrelated to Ace Attorney, it must be put to a poll and get at least 60% approval;
>The poll’s results will only be considered on the update day;

Thank you, and have a good day.

>He was in the game from the start, before AOV.
And Rise is in the (\client\base\misc\DemoThings) files as well.

So now we can have Rise.

It was an emergency solution to people rigging characters they don't like.

It's understandable.

Still a work in progress but it is pretty legit when it comes together, a shame the test today didn't reach the end.

My only problem with the two FE characters we got is that their sprites look very unfitting in the court.

Need people in area 3, case is done building.
We need a det, 2 wit, a steno and a copro

Images for Dante made, just need to create an .ini now.

Don't ask for lipflap, it's not happening.

>their sprites look very unfitting in the court.
Just saw them in game, the fit fine.

>Lucina's closeup has the barrier over her face
why dis

>womanlet
>blurry lineart
>awkward lipflaps
Not sure what standard you're judging them on.

This doesn't look fine to me.

The standard of "quality doesn't matter so long as my characters get in."

>Small characters have to be big?
>he hasn't seen any DGS ripped chars
>he hasn't seen any OC
I don't see what your stand for judging them is on.

Probably >REEEEEEE WAIFUS

Ok. It looks fine to me.

No it's "The standard of quality ONLY exists if it's a female character people want in, REEEEEEE"

She's significantly smaller than "small" characters, though. Hell, I'm sitting in the Breakroom right now and you can see the clear difference between her and someone like Vera.

Also, she was even a normal, medium height in the FE games, why is she suddenly small just because the person who made the set made her too small?

And again we're back to
>because this low-quality thing is ingame, this other low-quality thing should also be ingame

>She's significantly smaller than "small" characters, though
She's small.

>And again we're back to
That's how discussions work user. Shouting "REEEEE I hate waifu's" does not win you an argument.

Of course since there were only 5 portraits available from the site I went ahead and made Defense and Pro sides for him.

>Lucina deserves to be in
>Rise doesn't for some reason
>DR characters who have no fluid animation or lipflaps are still in the game anyways

Let's be honest, that standard of quality hasn't meant anything for months and things aren't going to get in the game if Lupa doesn't want them in.

Most people don't like OCs, so I don't know why you are using that as an example, but I'd argue sprites like Hawk's fit in more than fucking Lucina's, since they are actually modeled after AA characters.

And about the DGS characters, that's the current rips we have of them, I'm not sure what else we can do right now? The might not look very good but it's the only thing we have, and they are AA related.

I'm pretty sure the only one shouting that is you, user.

This animation wasn't in the sample link for him though. If it was, I would have voted no, or at least said something about it. The rest of the sprite look good and which is why many people vote him in, but new ones getted added without screening and we end up with this.

>Most people don't like OCs
Nice opinion, polls say otherwise.

>A-and about the DGS characters, w-w-we will update them!
Ok. They're in now.

>only argument that is used by anti-Rise posters is "Y-your Waifu"
>I-I'm pretty sure the only one shouting that is you
ok

This post needs the "How to argue on /v/" image.

wew

>The rest of the sprite look good and which is why many people vote him in
And people majority voted FOR Rise/Lucina etc until people rigged the votes.
Why are we discussing this?

>points out baseless statement is counter to facts (polls)
>points out the attempt to deflect to the future instead of the present
I agree but for different reasons user.

Because unlike Rise, she didn't meet the quality standards that are required before a poll can even be made.

I admit some OCs were voted while some were added without an strawpoll I believe, such as Brisbane (?) and Hawk.

Bottom point, I still think some of them look more fitting than the FE characters.

>A-and about the DGS characters, w-w-we will update them!

I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Those are the rips we have right now, there isn't much we can do about them, if we could I'm sure we wouldn't have them at this quality.

>People call a poll rigged when something they don't like got added

How people like you work in real life? Must be hard during the presidential election.

I'm on the ''Now that they are in, let's wait and see how it goes'' side. Let's just see how they do in case before complaining now. especially since it will change nothing

I am not argued against you. This sprite I voted yes on, the other one I didn't because it look bad. Same goes with Lucina, she look fine in her sample and we need more characters for variety so I voted yes too.

>I admit some OCs were voted
Ok.

>I still think some of them look more fitting than the FE characters
That's an opinion. People voting seem to disagree.

>I'm not sure what you're arguing here
In the present they are at a lower quality and it is NOT an issue by anyone involved. Nobody is going "Don't use those until we have better rips!"

>over 300 different character options
>we need more characters for variety

>implying your votes matter in the Presidential Election

Your votes go through delegates who are held accountable by absolutely fucking no one. They can fudge the votes if they want and no one will know.

Lupa is our delegate. And at the end of the day only his vote matters.

>over 300 different character options
[Citation Needed]

>That's an opinion.

Lets leave it at that then.

>and it is NOT an issue by anyone involved.

How so? I am pretty sure most people wish for better rips for most of the 3Ds characters. But there is still no other way to play Ryu without his shitty rips.

>most people wish
Ok, sure.

But it doesn't seem to have any effect on case quality or user enjoyment.

>there is still no other way to play Ryu without his shitty rips
Right, and there is no way to play Rise/Lucina (who both have large amounts of people wanting to play them) but with the sprites provided.

It's actually 282 and at least 50 of those are variations of the same thing.

Apparently we don't have the Kurain bg? I just happened to have the complete folder for it.
I'll add it to the suggestion doc.
On a related note, the suggestion doc hasn't been cleared yet despite the update.

>52 posts, 11 posters
Can we just agree that whoever is complaining is a samefag and that the strawpoll shows that most people in the server are OK with the new content? She doesn't even look so bad.

Yes, but on the other hand you have multi-character files like Itami_Muto and Bikini & Elise.

Well over 200, the point still stands.

>Well over 200
[Citation needed]

Have you, you know, looked at that flashy little "characters" folder in your game files?

Have you looked at your mom's flashy little anus?

Area 3 needs people for a case
we need some pros, a det and our witnesses

>Have you, you know, looked at that flashy little "characters" folder in your game files?
I'm looking right now, that's why I'm confused, you seem to have filled yours with unofficial characters not supported by this server.

>>But it doesn't seem to have any effect on case quality or user enjoyment.

I'd argue that it would effect user enjoyement.

>Right, and there is no way to play Rise/Lucina (who both have large amounts of people wanting to play them) but with the sprites provided.

Fair enough, I can't argue against the majority.

and a steno

I just downloaded the main game with all updates via torrent, plus the new updates since then. This user has 282, I have 257. Both well over 200, and all of those characters, you know, exist.

>I'd argue that it would effect user enjoyement.
I said 'it doesn't seem', but we can poll this.
strawpoll.me/10268332

>riggedpoll.meme

Just counted. There are approximatively 165 character. Without ANY variation.

165 unique character.

Actually, lipflap may just be possible.

This work?

>wow you have over 300 options why do you want more
>I-I mean, over 200... my point stands!

You faggot, you just made me count.

From those 282, exactly 100 (yes, a round number) are either variations of the same thing or empty folders/ponies. This means there are only 182 characters in practice. And we do not have 9 double characters to get to 200.

What are you going to do now? Reduce your arbitrary judgement to "b-but we have over 180... so stop asking for more content"

God those sprites are so fucking ugly
I swear to God if he gets added I'm going to meme cases half way to Hell to ruin his reputation.
Same shit I'm gonna do with Chrom and Lucina. Ruin their reputation to further piss people off.

I mean, you think 180 possible characters to choose from is a low number? You think that isn't a good 3x more than any other game you can possibly find out there?

>165 unique character.
Now, we need to go further. Break them down into boys, young men, old men, girls, young women and old women.

It is not near enough for a game that is all about the character you pick. Not to mention I only feel like using a small amount of them.

Also, you are a legit faggot, remember that. You started your argument with 300, backpedaled to 200, now you are backpedaling to 180 and moving goalposts.

>I swear to God if he gets added I'm going to meme cases half way to Hell to ruin his reputation.
>Same shit I'm gonna do with Chrom and Lucina. Ruin their reputation to further piss people off.
Like you did with Krieger, oh wait.

Your autism only flares for certain characters.

>I disagree with X character because I think they will ruin the game so I will play as X character and ruin the game so people hate them

>that is all about the characters you pick

and I thought it was about spotting contradiction and improv all this time!
you really opened my eyes!

>Not to mention I only feel like using a small amount of them.

And whose fault is that?

Plus, I love it how when someone doesn't stubbornly adhere to something when factual information comes out to correct them, that's suddenly considered "moving goalposts." I based 300 on memory, well over 200 on the fact that I went and counted the total character folders in my game files, and when you decided character variants suddenly don't count I rolled with you because even a number like 180 entirely stands valid with my point.

>180 possible characters to choose from is a low number
You mean 165?

~60 of which are from AA1-3
~20 are from AJ

We've had a great need to expand and nobody can say 'NOW we have enough'

Don't add non-AA or AA-related characters and I won't do this

Holy fuck this sounds cool, might get back into this game if the format pans out.

>Don't add non-AA
We've added all 80ish characters from AA1-4, are in the midst of adding more from DGS/DD and SoJ isn't out.

We need more variety.

We need more variety in cases, not in characters.

We have characters that fill just about every role imaginable, and even then most people don't strictly play characters to their in-series persona in the first place.

Adding characters like Lucina and Chrom doesn't do much of anything for long-term variety, it just adds a different face for the same typical thing.

Okay, here's an idea.

Someone makes an AA-pure patch that replaces all non-AA with AA sprites.

There. Problem solved.

Then add characters from a fucking
Visual Novel/Crime/ Court/puzzle related thing
If we can just have ANY video game character then I fucking want Kirby back

>I AM HOLDING THE GAME HOSTAGE
>YOU HAVE TO AGREE WITH ME
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

On a scale of 1 to chicken tendies
how entitled do you think you are?
Who do you think you are? Do you think throwing a tantrum will make people agree with you?
I refuse to beleive a fonctioning member of society thinks like that.
Have you never had a class about philosophy in your life? How can your reasoning be so shit.
This is tumblr level of acting stupid

Haha, it's awful.

Whatever though. We officially have no standards so voting no on it would be hypocritical of you at this point.

You don't have the balls to do it faggot

Kill yourself
You don't think I will?
Prepare the storm faggot.

>We need more variety in cases, not in characters.
We need more variety in characters, but we can have both.

>We have characters that fill just about every role imaginable
That's an interesting opinion, I disagree with this however. If you want to play as Edgeworth there is a lot of variety however.

>Adding characters like Lucina and Chrom doesn't do much of anything for long-term variety
It's actually quite good for future Barnham-fantasy cases.

Barnham is from the high fantasy. Adding more high fantasy makes perfectly legitimate sense.

>If we can just have ANY video game character then I fucking want Kirby back
Interesting, what kind of case do you have in mind?

Nice rebutal faggot
I bet you're fun to play with.

No one can be that dedicated to destroy a character's reputation, you won't do it

>lewdton will never permaban the autists like ruining AO
Why Lewdton?

>he hasn't seen Adachi or Komeada players

>tfw want to case but it's 2:30AM

Only when I'm not playing with retards who want to play as their shitty waifu and husbando
Try me faggot. Tomorrow you better prepare yourself for memes out the ass.
I'm saving AO you faggot

>I bet you're fun to play with.
He just said he will continuously shitpost as at least two characters in cases until we associate them with his shitposting.

I can only hope the mods do there job and ban him.

>saving AO
>by disrupting cases, wide spread shitposting and ruining this thread so new players don't want to play
Ok.

Can we be friendly?

What new players
Until we go to Reddit we won't get any new players
Veeky Forums is fucking dead loser
Also I'm saving this game by letting people know their stupid little waifu is bullshit and doesn't belong in this community

Clearly this is a quality character that has no reason to not be in the game.

Not like hes actually going to do it.
At this point hes obviously just trolling.
Nobody is that stupid really.

>muh hope