/ps2g/ - Planetside 2 general

Rocklet Rifle Edition
--
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-5-5.240448/
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-5-3.240391/
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-update-4-30.240301/
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-4-28.240178/#post-3389244
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-4-27.240151/#post-3388875
--
>What is this game?
pastebin.com/baxwRMDg (embed)
>How do I play?
pastebin.com/CWn3VQJD (embed)
>How do I play? (advanced)
pastebin.com/p0ZwzqSu (embed)
>Tweaks and optimizations
pastebin.com/MEqFBUut (embed)
>Weapon stats and vehicle weapons
pastebin.com/341Dv7Y6 (embed)
>Weapons chart some user made
i.imgur.com/HOdhWox.png (embed)
>How does the construction system work?
planetside2.com/news/construction-system-guide-ps2-2016

Previously

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DBGpatchnotes/comments/4kbkom/ps2pts_20160520_unofficial_patch_notes_new/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reddit.com/r/DBGpatchnotes/comments/4kbkom/ps2pts_20160520_unofficial_patch_notes_new/
>added "Sparrow/Flak Rocklets", "The NC's Sparrow anti-vehicle munitions are laser-guided from the hip; this rocklet type is also equipped with Flak rounds. Sparrows expends two ammunition per shot.

Press Aim Down Sights to fire alternate ammo."
">CRAG/Flak Rocklets", "The TR's Close Range Anti-Ground munitions are chain-fired anti-vehicle explosives which scatter over a small area; this Rocklet also has access to Flak capabilities. CRAG shots consume the remaining magazine. (...)"
>"Starfall/Flak Rocklets", "Slow moving VS Starfall munitions deal considerable damage to enemy vehicles; this Rocklet is also armed with Flak capabilities. Starfall consumes two ammo per shot. (...)"
oooooooH

If canister was realistic it would be the absolute best direct anti-infantry option. They developed IRL canister rounds in case North Korea decides to invade its neighbors with 'human wave' attacks.

Wrel elaborated
>Sparrow/Flak - 3 round burst, laser guided anti-armor rounds, more precision than standard AP, less damage, NC only.
>Starfall/Flak - 2 pellet, two round burst, higher total damage than AP, less range and precision, VS only.
>CRAG/Flak - 6 pellet, 6 round burst, highest total damage, anti-armor, closest required range to maximize damage, TR only.

so
>mini raven somehow fires 3 rockets with 2 ammo
>mini comets that will probably be the slowest and have drop
>magdump that, surprise, deals the most damage per mag

Sparrows are actually hilariously useless, the only thing they can actually damage right now is INFANTRY!

well that's probably about the only thing TR's going to use theirs on

it's because tr is underpowered

>cool ass lib cosmetics that would go pretty good on valks

valks get no love.

no theirs will be objectively the best of the 3 but they will still only use it to fire on infantry blobs or occasionally into the butt of the tank they just c4 fairied
NC's will be changed until it's got the same damage as the ravens but only one rocket per shot so it'll be slightly UP but still almost as good as a rocket launcher
VS's will be called the best even if it was complete garbage that never hit anything

I agree, i was just joking.

>NO
>VALKYRIE
>CHANGES
??????????????????????????????
I THOUGHT THIS WAS AN """"""""""""""""""AIR"""""""""""""""""" REWORK?

No, just the usual skyknights where were always out cheesing in libs, esf's, gals.

How many smedbux do i have to pay to get rear view mirrors on vehicles?

First for briggs
are we dead again

Enough to buy a copy of ARMA 3

>double XP, sub and two heroics
>can't find the will to log in
>haven't played since sunday

Exact same here, logged in last night during what should be primetime on a friday. Found about 5 fights total on the servers I have characters on. Stuck with some BR20something alt, got ~500 certs in 20 minutes in a full retard meatgrinder and logged out.

construction saved le game amirite

Weren't canister rounds invended during '800?

What the fuck is wrong with the T1a unity?

zotz north has been remodeled since i last spawned there, i see

Is there any straight upgrade from the HA TR default rocket launcher?
I like it and i use it on both inf and tanks, so i wouldn't mind to keep it

Oh my god, it's full of stars.

Decimator

thank you senpai

marauder harrasser perched above 2 AMSes sure does make a lot of certs

why does your game look like its from 2003

dx8 mode for ~max fps~

what fps you getting in big battles?

>fps
>implying

like 20-30 in 96+v96+, my computer is poop

it's certainly not for an advantage, it makes it basically impossible to see enemies indoors because everything is so dark and they blend in with no shading

Is there actually a faction that is underpowered, or is that just a massive meme and they're all on a kind of even footing.

unfortunately Vanu wear their spandex so tight it cuts off circulation to the brain

Vanu Sovereignty gets worse infantry guns than their enemies.

An argument can be made that TR equipment gets worse as the relative skill level of the game's players gets higher. For example, the prowler and TR MAX have abilities that immobilize them. While not a big deal at low skill level, as you get better you realize what a huge deal mobility is, and these abilities become much less attractive to use.

NC has the best tank for most scenarios, best alpha damage in general (!!!) and perhaps the best aircav (highest afterburner speed.) It doesn't have any good armor secondary weapons though.

I'd say NC is best in general because 200/500 guns are retarded and the vanguard is just a monster with lots of hidden bonuses nobody even realizes, like added C4 resistance compared to other tanks.

NC is underpowered (and stats reflect this) in the sense that 12 year olds tend to choose to play Coolguy McFreedom, leading to one faction on average having less skilled players.
Other than that, cross-faction balance is pretty decent.

>that warpath of blueberries

Goddamn lmao

Too bad NC has zero good pilots.

"Let's place ourselves inbetween TR and the NC!"
"By Vanu, that is a good idea! We'll be able to farm both enemy factions at once!"

I can't tell if this bait or if you are legitimately retarded

>"Let's place ourselves inbetween TR and the NC!"
>"By Vanu, that is a good idea! We'll be able to fellate both enemy factions at once!"
ftfy

>this whole post

There's also something to be said for general tactics and skill of a factions players. From best to worst:
TR
VS
NC

whats the difference between 400 dpi and 800 dpi?

one number is higher than the other

I don't really get this, it was this order in Planetside 1 as well. The best outfit in the game was TRx and it wasn't even close, they would win 10v50 fights.

>Sparrow/Flak - 3 round burst, laser guided anti-armor rounds, more precision than standard AP, less damage, NC only.
>Starfall/Flak - 2 pellet, two round burst, higher total damage than AP, less range and precision, VS only.
>CRAG/Flak - 6 pellet, 6 round burst, highest total damage, anti-armor, closest required range to maximize damage, TR only.
Is it just me, or is Wrel just randomly throwing faction traits around?

Not when it comes to anti-armor. Counting ES anti-armor only, it is right on point. TR has no good long range option.

have to agree
TR > VS > powergap > NC

800 DPI is apparently more even for driver math to process, thus why pros use it and just adjust ingame sens

I actually saw this from a video a logitech coder made

>VS weapon has the least accuracy
What's Vanu's strength again?

Spineless communists join TR and actually read command chats.
Cheese master extraordinaries join VS.
Solo rambo play 4 fun join NC.

Note: I hate playing NC but I've done it since the beginning. Somehow now it;s worse than Woodman.

>NC is underpowered (and stats reflect this) in the sense that 12 year olds tend to choose to play Coolguy McFreedom

This phenomenon is also present in War Thunder, a WW2 airplanes & tanks game. Americans lose essentially every match and japs are known for winning almost every one, to the point where the Zero was uptiered to face postwar jets at one point.

Gatekeeper? Fractures? Instagib locked down prowlers?

>that one guy using the intellimouse among all the steelseries shilling
a hero among men

400 dpi

:^)

no bullet drop and sparklier projectiles with annoying pewpew sounds

DPI is the sensitivity of your mouse. A mouse with 400 dpi and 1.5 ingame sens will have the same sensitivity as a mouse with 800 and 0.75 ingame sens

I have heard some of them use gutted mice using other companies' sensor and their sponsor's casing

>max out harasser
>instantly lose will to play more

welp

I spent three + years in /wtg/, tell me about it
The problem is that generally, the more advanced fighters are, the faster and "less turny" they are
So the zero gets an advantage by being overtiered
Even the Thunderbolt gets downtiered because retards keep turnfighting in it and as result it clubs nearly everything it meets

>negative input delays

wat

or is g300 the control

>mouse knows what you're going to do before you move it
holy shit, spooky

>those resolutions
They autistically stuck in the 00's or something?

I've maxed out my vulcan harrasser but I won't rest until I've maxed out all types of harrasser. A marauder harrasser with surger to get up on hills and farm, kiting harrasser with racer and gatekeeper, etc.

It's because 4:3 makes heads easier to hit due to proportion stretching

nope, mouse sensitivity in forgelight isn't linear

>my mouse is 0.4
neat
g502

Every faction is really good at one thing right?

I assume NC is really good with heavy arms weapons right?

The tanks and AV weapons are the most prominent differences

Gatekeeper isnt a pure AV weapon, and Fractures suck at long range combat compared to their counterparts. Prowlers with lockdown are food for both NC and VS long range AV, and LAs or engineers kitted out with mines and C-4. Unless you are sitting atleast one hex away with your prowler, lockdown is usually a deathtrap. I'll grant you they are very efficiant when left alone, but how often does that happen?

>NC has lower damage and better accuracy
>VS has higher damage, but worse velocity and worse accuracy
>TR is basically a shotgun
oh shit nigger what the fuck are you doing

also
are they really gonna give these to LAs? why the fuck?

Allright, reinstalling to see what shit's changed.

Has the game gotten worse?

No, the only significant differences are MBTs (and harasser top guns), skillsuits, A2G ESF guns.
Everything else is copypasted across factions, with a couple of numbers changed.

is T1 Cycler the best gun in the game?

That's not how you spell Gauss Rifle Burst.

I don't understand the 'prowlers are good at long range!' meme, you can't just kill someone at long range before they notice you shooting and move behind cover, plus the shell velocity is shit ever since awful lib players complained about dying to prowlers and got the lockdown velocity nerfed

TRAP is unironically the best gun in planetside desu. A 3-round burst that instakills to the head.

>be VS, used to fear prowlers whenever I was in the air
>now I dread titan AP instead

VS maxes are busted as fuck anymore.

Other than that, everything's the same really.

So NC has the best MAX, right? No contest? The Aegis Shield is fucking awesome. If you have a ton of people down you can plug a doorway with the shield while a medic brings everyone back.

That's not how you spell CME

Oh, they are good alright... if the target is sitting still on a large plain without anything to hide behind.

The libpocolypse is over.

Yes, and MAX shotguns with slugs have retarded range and instakill. They also have the best AV weapon.

How were they even nerfed, I see still one farting around every fight instagibbing things

>give the lockdown ability to the MBT with the highest top speed
I never understood the design philosophy behind this

Oh yeah nothing changed, I think people just got bored of it or something.

Zoom to position, fire, zoom away. you know, like real life mobile artillery.

>not giving infantry fewer weapons to take down tanks and also making it much harder for tanks to kill mans without equipping for it
I wanted to advance towards the next hex sheltering behind a bulwark of impenetrable friendly vehicles

>deactivate lockdown
>wait
>wait
>zoom to next firing position

>VS MBT doesn't have to deal with friction
>not the fastest

I've never understood this.

most of the engine output probably goes towards holding a heavy vehicle a couple of feet off the ground

>Join a cool platoon on Indar
>Fighting for the Crown
>We're all having a good time
>Suddenly tryhard platoon fucks log on
>Immediate lockdown on all fun, can't talk in platoon chat only squad and only the squad leaders can talk in platoon chat
>I notice a bunch of filthy conglomerate scum flanking us
>I try to talk to the squad leader but hes afk or some shit
>I move up into the platoon chat to try to warn them and the tryhards blow the fuck up in autistic child rage and ban me from the platoon asap
>I watch as the guys I spent the past 5 hours having fun with die because a bunch of fuckers took a game too seriously

fuck everything

>VB
eww

>joining platoons
>not going no fun allowed lonewolf, basejumping and raping every enemy sundie you see, instantly ending the otherwise enjoyable fights

We can make a funsquad of our own if you're vanu

I just wish I could get a little shoulder drone to pop out and repair my MAX when using it.

I understand PS2 is supposed to be about team play, but I like a degree of self-sustainability.

They have that, it's called an engineer.

Not always an option. You can't rely on players in multiplayer games to fit the team. Especially an uncoordinated shit show like PS2 where you have a pub of a pub of a pub when it comes to players.

I'm not saying super fast repair, either. Maybe just one bar repair, and maybe very slow repair.