Is there still money in this? Will it bottom out some day?

Is there still money in this? Will it bottom out some day?

Yes.

yes, there is still money to be made. But it's harder to get without cheating the system or having great tits. Gotta find a niche, have high production value, short hyper edited videos, topical themes, and daily uploads.
Achieve that and keep doing it for a few months and you will make money.

Youtube is to television, what television is to radio. The older medium of information will never go anywhere, but something new will always replace it in a novel way. These things just kinda get layered on top of each other so to speak. So pretty much this . First post is always best post.

>Is there still money in this
it's the second most visited website in the world behind www.google.com, i would think so lol.

Pewdiepie has an estimated net worth of $124 million dollars. he earned $12 milliion last year.

Now, if I could earn 1% of that doing Youtube, I'd be ecstatic.

Having said that I feel like the days of accomplishing steady. dependable income through advertisements are over. Yes you can game it, tailor your video titles, scripts and keywords to match the most expensive adwords.

Direct sponsorship, affiliate marketing, and using the Youtube channel as a platform to market your other businesses is how I assume a newcomer can make $$$. Thoughts?

How does the ad thing actually work?
I only watch youtube on my TV and never see any sort of ads except product placement.

For every 1000 monetised views, content creators average about a dollar, sometimes more.

> $124M net worth
Are you shitting me?!

Make quality content for a niche

how the fuck are people making so much money then

That goes without saying.
But where do I go from there? quality content is expensive to produce (not just production values, but you can't really work a day job because it takes time. Nice editing. Reworking the scripts/copy so the language is just perfect. Good, well thought out ideas, not just "lol meme trending")

If you're producing consistent, quality content, have a niche audience who are throughout into it, how do you maximize monetization?

I make money on youtube, it's mostly through sponsorship deals/referral links.

By make money I mean a few hundred $ a month. You need to force yourself to become extremely relevant to get more than that.

By "relevant" do you mean have a wider audience/exposure by being more zeitgeisty?

Yep.

Without a doubt. A guy named mundanematt makes videos talking about shit. He is unoriginal and completely boring but he focuses on topical events and has been pumping out videos forever which has solidified a small but consistent viewer base. The only probably is that he joined a network that does all of jack shit for him while taking 15% of his ad revenue.

Another example is internetaristocrat/mistermetokur. He used to make excellent quality videos and has a sort of natural charisma but doesn't monetize. If he did, he'd no doubt be making a solid bank.

i only upload a video a month and get money

what sponsorship deals and referral links?
i have 100k subs and i used g2a referral links for some time in video descriptions and header, and no fucking one ever bought shit. must be because most people on my videos are kids.

how do u even know he dosent monetize

Did your sponsors approach you, or other way around?

Do you make the cash from ads alone? How much are we talking?

For all those Youtube makers who are actually making a buck: How long is your average video? What broad category (Comedy? How to? fashion? technology?)

No ads on his videos.

I'm making 200$ a day making videos atm, its easy to be successful on youtube, you just have to be better than everyone else

"hurr what a stupid response how can you be better"

good thumbnails, good meta data, be funny, research video ideas and bam youre better than 99% of youtubers

there is more money than ever

Prove it

this, even having a few thousand subscribers instantly makes you better than half of youtube

>having great tits
Post examples or gtfo

Okay, so, how would you guys tackle starting a channel?

>Decide on Niche
>Write dotpoints/talking points
>Get filming
>Photoshop graphic elements (logo, banner, eye-flashes and transitions)
>Edit and Upload
>Shill on social media
>Write attention grabbing comments on other people's Youtube videos, NOT "hey check out my videos" just comment on the actual content of other videos and make it hilarious or controversial enough people click on your profile

Always remember:
>LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF LIGHT
>Eye contact with the camera
>Set the camera "newscaster mode" if you're a guy: slightly lower than eye level to accentuate your jaw
>Set it "Myspace mode" if you're a girl above eye level to make eyes and forehead seem larger, and maybe peer down into cleavage if you're that way include
>Smile. Don't cross your arms or appear "closed"
>If you fuck up a line, don't stop filming, just go back to the start of the sentence or the point where the intonation changes and say it again

One channel revealed that he makes $40 a day (almost 200K subscribers). I've heard that CPM depends a lot the type of client you attract. The garbage content that the kids watch (Pewdiepie, h3h3, etc) generally has a low CPM while content that attracts a more mature audience (education, business, etc) has a high CPM. Of course, click-bait reaction videos also get 100x the views so make far more money.

how often do you upload?

i make videos where im not on the video or even talk

lol at becoming famous. its about being rich and anonymous. brb rich but fanbase is kids so u cant fuck hookers since u are at risk of getting recorded if u get legit famous.

>its about being rich and anonymous.
MUSIC TO MY EARS!!

I have a successful chanel with mostly kids watching, cpm is low but i get millions of views which add cache. even if cpm is lower, having tons of subs may be more attractive for brands to want to be advertised.

personally i dont know what i will do. im anonymous and will never go on cam, so well see how i can increase $$

also dont get excited, cpm is low and my views are mostly from brazil and spanish speakers, i make around 500$

i really need to start thinking how to get global views from NA and EU

does anyone know if the IP you upload from has an impact on the positioning of the videos? I have around 50 vpn servers so i could try to upload from an american vpn

Yeah, man, i've got 123 subscribers for doing the worst shit possible it's easy if you're talented or have no qualms about shilling and seeming intolerable to anyone above the age of 12.

Would it be easier just to make 1 viral video and put ads on?

wouldn't it be easier just to write 1 best-selling novel and get a movie deal?

18 year old here who just received his British passport today. Is there some way to use this to my advantage or do I have better opportunities here in Straya?

Sorry please ignore i'll create a new thread

Thoughts on having youtube livestreams of popular YouTuber sub count. NFKRZ made a video about this, and it seem profitable. Just put every popular YouTuber in the titlr, and your video will show up almost first since it is livestream. Very nice way to get views by scheming youtube algorithm

OF COURSE, are you kidding me?

I don't know what's their secret, i sincerely can't tell you how. Here in Brazil "youtuber" became a big thing, the frontpage of youtube is full of thumbnails of people making retarded faces and their videos with clickbait titles in all caps, and they all have hundreds of thousands, sometimes millions of views.

Right now the "trending" tag has dozens upon dozens of videos of youtubers recording themselves playing Pokémon GO (released here just a few days ago) while being random and overreacting over dumb stuff, people eat this shit up like it's candy.
Some time ago one of the most popular "youtubers" here made a video that was literally titled "I THREW MY TOASTER IN MY POOL" making a ":P" face in the thumbnail, it had nearly 2 million within the first few days.

>Pic related
This guy is the most popular "youtuber" right now in Brazil, he makes videos talking about completely random stuff and movies he watched, started to make parodies of popular videoclips now. He averages 6~8 million views per video, with his less popular videos having up 4 million and some having more than 10 million, his most popular has 33 million.

He was poor as fuck before youtube fame, nearly homeless, now he's set for life and has made millions.

>Pewdiepie
He got an Illuminati tattoo recently

Maybe now they will take him seriously.

>He was poor as fuck before youtube fame, nearly homeless, now he's set for life and has made millions.

It's just about control lol

what is viral?
i can make my videos reach 1 million once they peak and they still get views but they are "pasive views"

my idea is to have like a collection of 100 original viral videos i own so no copyright bullshit, and once i have 100 videos i could live off those videos for life, of course i will keep upload monthly but thats hthe idea
fuck a 33 million view video will get a decent amount of views for life

what pisses me off is that my videos require a week of work while some dumbass makes a video in a hour playing some shitty game

You are retarded for watching that fat 17 year old talentless hack.
People like you watching Leafy and shit like that are the reason Youtube content is SHIT.
Thanks for wasting my time with another teen kid commentating using someone else's opinion and having a generic ass gameplay video in the background.

>a week of work

Why? Can't you find a way to work less for each video?

Is there any genres you project being the next BIG thing on youtube?

not really... well its the niche that is giving me the views and subs