[4xg]4x and Stellaris General

Petty Antics Edition
>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=pYk_zkA19Nw

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/weapon-hit-formula-tested.933323/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

individualist is gay

>Dampfgruppe in the OP
FUCKING LEAVE

2rd for cmon firaxis

Yes I know. I outsped my research in expansion in my first game and ended up behind.

Optimally I found immediate mineral focus, rush a few colonies if you have good planets nearby. At this stage minerals come naturally and are usually no longer a specific thing to target. Then you concentrate on energy economy so that you can pump military and research. You'll generally be in the best spot of your AI neighbours by then and usually even surpass the advanced AI starts. Then you typically blitz your immediate neighbours. At this point you've accelerated past everyone else in the galaxy. To not fall behind you hold your expansion up against and make sure you're making as much energy/research as you can.
From then on steady controlled expansion and you'll be the strongest nation in absolutely every aspect.

Should I research arc emitters?

Would a battleship with those beat corvette spam?

Why are there no Swedish names?

Sweden isn't a relevant country

>sweden
>existing by 2200

There is more to it than that.
I say "more" but I don't really know exactly what is going on.
Typically you'll fire on the corvettes first as they move into range first, yes.
But once the rest catch up I've quite often seen my ships aiming past all the enemy corvettes and hitting their battleships.

Depends on variables.
Beat as in with reasonably fair numbers of relative strength and somewhat different tech, then yeah.
Beat as in vs a human player minmaxing corvette spam exactly equal mineral investment, then no.

Perhaps sometimes, but I wouldn't say it happens in the majority of cases. As the lucky minority isn't often trusted by his fellows.

I'm not 100% sure, and the speed difference of ships and their range and the way they move may mix things up. I'd definitely avoid having ships with zero damage output as well. 2/3 PD max in my opinion.

I've noticed that EVERY SINGLE TIME I've investigated the 'derelict ship' my science ship has died

Is this the only result of the project?

>spend entire day trying to beat 3 major factions and their vassals in head on war
>get shit pushed in every.single.time
>their forces are about 4x as large as all my shit put together
>get super frustrated and about to either cede or start a new game
>let them take my homeworld and run rampant in my empire
>proceed to clean out all of their space ports, mines, research stations, etc with my YOLO fleets
>suddenly a request for peace, with nothing to gain
>tell them to fuck off as I suddenly realize that I have now won the war
>continue to wipe them clean
>finally hit the 100% warscore and I get my three systems

Well I guess I know how to win now

>but I wouldn't say it happens in the majority of cases
It's pretty much the only way it happened until pretty recently. Social mobility was not a thing in most parts of the world until the last couple centuries. Also they never really want those types to be trusted, because that would give them too much clout and a power base to stand on, which makes them a threat. Better that they are isolated and depend entirely on the elite to maintain their position. It keeps them semi-loyal. Mainly the uplifted minority is just an excuse the elites can use to ward of claims of exclusion. They use his existence as a way to discredit the minorities and claim they are just habitual troublemakers and nothing will please them. Does any of this sound familiar? It should.

uhg, but now everyone feels threatened and they formed a new coalition. Time to stock up again

What am I meant to do with vassals? Do I need to monitor them to prevent rebellion? Can I enave their pops? Can I genetically modify them into my super soldiers? Can I harvest their resources or turn their space into my own sectors? Can I absorb their fleet?

what are the point of the void cloud thunderbolt guns?

They look cool as hell but I just unlocked the ability to research them for the first time and they deal way less damage than anything else I have, and i'm not even going for a military research start

Is there a way to change load order of mods?

>Depends on variables.
>Beat as in with reasonably fair numbers of relative strength and somewhat different tech, then yeah.
>Beat as in vs a human player minmaxing corvette spam exactly equal mineral investment, then no.
The description makes it sound like it's meant to kill large numbers of small ships, that's why I ask.

I've playet until 2300 and the bloody cultists have been sitting the entire game on that little missile in the center of the galaxy. Ihavent had anything else from that quest, nor cai i send my ships after them...
Have they actually found paradise?

No you're just getting bad luck, there's a couple of other anomalies whose crit fail will kill the ship as well outside of that one. The best way to mitigate this is by making sure your scientists are always a level or two above that of the anomaly, you could also try of scientists with the "careful" trait as that reduces the risk of failures.

holy shit it looks so fucking shit what the fuck are they doing

>Monuments are now purchased at random through microtransactions

Woah wtf, ALL the systems I just took already went back to the other empire?

What shit is this?

The people living on those planets probably didn't like you too much and rebelled, should've built some defense armies on them.

we'll fix it in the next DLC :))

He's just fucking with ya, dungus.

>no energy
>no influence

what should i do?

It still looks shit.

End it now

i know its not gonna be a mobile game, i mean it looks like shit

the image is meant to bring attention to the fact that the new art style looks like a mobile game

Any recommendations as for empire type and traits for a fun play through of Stellaris?

Would Divine Mandate and Collectivist/spiritualist be fun?

Wait 3600 months and integrate them.
Then do what you like.

>Fun
ehhh

Uh something with collectivist for pure purge playthrough, slavery is kinda whack right now.

Otherwise just go fanatic materialist and get a science lead and blow fuckers up and be the god of the galaxy.

I'm currently playing fanatic spiritualist and militaristic and having a blast. G-mod your conquered into soldiers and slaves (be decadent) and just piss everyone off, it's hilarious. Currently ruling about 1/5 the galaxy and got my sights set on the entire thing.

>actually like the new civ VI graphics

Does negative ethnic divergence only prevent the divergence or does it actively change population ethnic back to the governing ethnic?

I get where you're coming from desubh, it's not like CivV was a visual masterpiece. It's the gameplay that matters.

It doesn't look bad as like an image. It looks like a poor art style for most games though.

Former.

Fucking hell. That war lasted for several decades before I finally got the upperhand by outproducing them with corvette spam. Lost too much warscore in early battles to get anything out of it, and I really wanted to end it since there were still roving enemy fleets that were destroying my stations. I sort of made up for it by killing over 20 pops and practically glassing the homeworld of the fucking fungoids who declared war on me the first place. Hopefully those shits have learned to stay down.

I just thought that civ V's artstyle was like they were trying to go for a cartoony artstyle but were too scared to alienate people so they went halfway and made it some polar express uncanny valley shit

I like civ VI's just from the trailer far more because it's actually a defined, well done cartoony style imo

>wake up
>remember that you will never be able to conquer the entire galaxy under an individualistic empire

Time to purge every living thing in the galaxy.

>have xeno problem on one planet
>get migration access with a super cuck nation
>start terraforming the xeno planet
>they all leave to the super cuck nation
just as planned

>accuracy bug
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/weapon-hit-formula-tested.933323/
can anyone make head or tail of this? some people say yes this is it, others say no these values are not bugged. Since no one actually posts what they are changing exactly and how they are testing, I don't know who is talking shit

also, even if you assume this is correct and the values need to be lowered, you still have OP corvettes because evasion is bugged, right? actually it would make corvettes even more OP?

>non-80s millenials won't get this

hope you get a ringworld start user

>all buildings destroyed
>one pop left
>it's starving
they're not coming back from that one for a while

I'm only a few hours into Stellaris, but I'm having one major question.

How do I expand somewhat efficiently? So far it seems like I gotta spam frontier outposts and shove them off on some dickwad governor. Am I missing something obvious?

haha u are fucking 0Ld. get with the timez grampz,, LM40

>Getting Fanatic Materialist Ethos
>Intelligent Trait
>Expecting a +20% flat in researchs and +25% Industry researchs.
>The bonus don't reflect or even appears in the Science tab.

So I need to pay a DLC or Season Pass to this shit getting to work? Or it's a bug?

Civ V looked like an iOS game to begin with so i don't really think VI is much of a stretch.
I'm more interested in the mechanics than how it looks.

Does Beautiful Battles cause late-game slowdowns for some reason?
I'm having a slideshow with 1.5 sec input lag 100 years into the game, which hasn't ever happened before.

i'm an oldfag, don't get it

Ok so even when I have armies on the planet they suddenly go back to the empire I got them from, is it because I am purging the population and so I have no claim on it once my genocide is complete?

All that affects is tile output.

civ2 is still the best game in the series to me, i obviously don't care about graphics

get fast breeders + nomad traits, build colony ships and build them fast

thank me later

So just let natural growth take over?

That'll most likely shit on your research.

>Haha guise check out my EPICCC anti-blobbing idea to make individualism (more like neofeudalism amirite XDDD) even more shit LOL!~!~!!~!~!~!!~~~

Do they ever get tired of this shit?

He's right though, his idea is good

Spam outposts. Create a sector with those outposts to not lose influence. Keep spamming them until you researched key stuff. Then expand.

newfag pls

in 4x, production>research

>forcing cancer
>shitposting autist
>false flagging
kys, faggot

I wouldn't mind more character and depth anywhere in the game to be honest.

>Unironically wanting to literally get fucked in the behind during a war

t. DarNak

First... then are shit things to get.
Second... why Paradox don't put its only for Tiles?
Third... fuck.

Ebin.

More POPs shit on your research rate really bad. You want a fuckton of minerals early and to get out colonies fairly quickly, yes. But you don't need that much growth as depending on the planets only so many tiles are going to be worth it.

Wouldn't that work only when you have some colonies already maxed out?

>reddit

Veeky Forums was found by a redditor.

A fucking parrot with glass helmet. I sort of want to rid the galaxy of these abominations but I'm fanatic pacifist.

>I am so fucking new and also retarded

homeworld already starts with a nice pop so it's still good early game, it's just broken when you have a pair of colonies maxed out as your new colonies will literally get full pop in 2-3 years when combined with the -0,10% food of collectivist and the land of opportunity edict.

getting yourself the best spots and the largest influence sphere and building labs will put you ahead of research anyway in this game

Should purging be done gradually? like replace them one at a time to quietly kill them off

>expecting a working or accurate documentation ofr a paradox game in 1.0

I mean, do any of you guys even rmember the first two HoI or EU?
Those had manuals that were just plain wrong, were generally only playable in v1.2 and became great through the mods that made them classics that are still good over a decade later.

The correct way to enjoy a Paradox game is to pirate it on day 1, buy it after half a year or so in a steam sale, and then play the mods.

if anything waring against aliens would probably be the best way to keep peace at home

The bird with a fishbowl is so stupid that it's funny again.

>dude irony lmao

That's retarded.

All at once minimizes relationship penalties with other empires. Then switch your policy back for the next ten years and go about like nothing happened.

Of course, if there was any depth to this game there could be more gradual methods of population control, like sterilization or something, that would be slower than purging but have a smaller effect on happiness and diplomatic relations.

There's a genocide mod that lets you sterilize pops and they die off after a certain number of years.

the helmet is to prevent them from pecking out your delicious eyeballs

Is there any reason to play pacifist or xenophile?

Feels like you're just shooting yourself in the foot by not being able to colonize/conquer primitives.

so taking off that helmet would be extremely painful for me?

just vassalize them once they grow up.

>there are people who bought Stellaris
I feel really sorry for them. Paying full price to be a glorified beta tester. I would be really furious if i had to buy several DLCs only to get the basic game

Can you do that for stone age primitives too?

>feeling bad for people having fun

I have a very specific and strange moral code when it comes to vidya.

If you're going to play it, buy the base game. They put in effort to make it and a lot of money, so not buying it is depriving them of money for their work i.e. stealing. However when they add DLC that clearly should have been in the base game/absolutely no effort was put into making it then it's wrong to buy DLC, because you're encouraging their bad behaviour. you should pirate it. some would say I'm a turbo autist and I have to agree

That's how it is for all modern games desu senpai.

You're fucking right lad

I would do the same if i had disposable income.
But since i am a poor student, I just pirate all games, with very rare exceptions (Witcher 3)

Does anyone know if it's possible to spawn in the core of the galaxy if you have galaxy cores modded in?
Or do the spawning conditions make that impossible?

Fucking why? They just went huddle away from the enemy and got shat on by missles, even though they have point defense

what the fuck Paradox?

Because 20 years from now Sweden will be named Saudiea.

I made a fix for myself that fix it and also nerf bonus to evade from Computers(to percentage not a flat increase).
Anyone interesting?

there is, they're just kind of rare. pic related is the names in the file directory, they appear much less than standard names.

you know what i'm pissed off about? not the DLC model, but the paradox model. Ok, fucking every new game ever that isn't indie churns out 2-4 dlcs that should have been in the base game for like 15 dollars a pop. it's just to be expected at this point, and if you like the game go ahead and grab the dlc

but paradox doesn't release 4 dlcs for like 15 dollars each, they release 30 dlcs for 5 dollars each. It's fucking jewery to make you think that you're getting a better deal, and it makes you need to get every one because they're all connected to eachother in how they're balanced. Not only that, but it makes each one less special because it's just one extra race or a tiny feature rather than something like brave new world that literally added a second half to the game.

That being said, I still bought stellaris. I know, i'm part of the problem- but I have a steady income so I just say fuck it and buy things instead of buying them and having less features, even if it's for a greater cause. Fuck me.

i hope they go more cities skylines type mini expansions than their previous games for this release