/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy

Stellaris "O"ST edition.

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=82yaUEL9awg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Patch fucking when?

So we can all agree that under developed worlds are annoying and serve no real purpose right?

>civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know
Avoid it

help these assholes already took over 2 empries

Can i go Individualist/Fanatic Materialist and build a jewish plutocracy using slaves and robots as main resources?
I don't care for happines penalties, as long as i can actually fill the world with robots and slaves.

>barely 20 hours into the game and already know how to blob into the galaxy and be unbeatable
>decide to tamper and eventually break the game like any other paracucks game
>observe
>go to a fallen empire capital planet
>see this

>move slaves into world
>Ignore all tile resources except food
>Turn everything else into minerals.
>Build a slave processing plant on world
>Trade excess minerals to other nations for energy
>Compensate by turning mineral nodes into research nodes on non slave worlds

Its doable.

Is there a peaceful way to win this game, or do you have to go full conquest?

Check the other planets. You're missing a couple of fleets.

You either own half the colonizable worlds in the galaxy or you start building alliances until there are no longer any nations outside of your alliance

War is the only option

There's only conquest so far.

Paradox said they are going to add new victory conditions later.

Still, you can win by creating a mega Federation with half of the galaxy. You still need to wage war(Some people will never join), but at least it's not pure conquest.

I asked mainly because Individualist doesn't allow slavery nor purging. Or are they "unlocked" later on in some way even for individualists?

>Peace
>While the glory of mankind isn't written with blood on the empty shells of the burned xeno-capitals and the galaxy is not purged of their very memory
This isn't the game for you

Check the Update Log.

Paradox has never really made a grand strategy game with victory conditions, so I'm not sure they know how to do it.

I wish Paracucks would fix the god damn Scourge already.

Shits annoying when I have to abandon a save because I was unable to kill al the infestors before they could shit stuff up.

Hello, /4xg/, can I ask you few questions?

1) Does the fact that Stellaris is here and not in grand strategy general means that this game is more of 4x than grand strat?

2) I saw the aprt of Stellaris EULA claiming that game scans user PC and gathers data. Does this happen all the time or only when you connect it with Paradox Account?

3) How is the Beyond Earth with expansion? Still just as bad, worse or playable?

4) I heard that devs of pandora made their AI impossible cheating device even on lowest possible difficulty settings, because "lol AI needs to be competitive, players should face CHALLANGE". Is it true or they patched AI to give some breath? I wanted to play some sci-fi 4x, being tired of SMAC already, but I always liked to play comfortable, having fun with just building stuff rather than trying to beat AI on highest possible level and handful of cheats.

Thank you for all replies.

Does vassalisation count?

>1) Does the fact that Stellaris is here and not in grand strategy general means that this game is more of 4x than grand strat?
Yes. It is a "mix" between GS and 4x while being mostly 4x.

Stellaris is here and not in /gsg/ because it triggered the autists over there.

That event doesn't do anything. It's just a randomly occurring early game exploration quest, like the xeno hunt and habitable worlds survey. I got it my first game but was unable to complete it because I was in a crowded sector of space and traded space charts, and 200 years in nothing had come of it.

>4x than grand strat?

It's a mix of both. Truth be told, it's more GS than 4x since it's in real time.

yes
all the time, enjoy your botnet
still shit
no idea

Liquor lads couldn't handle the xenos.

Stellaris is a 4x through and through

Yep.

nth for PURGE/ENSLAVE ANY AND ALL XENO HERETICS

can that kind user reupload the beautiful battles + rangefinder mod that he made?

i haven't seen it anywhere except here

>3) How is the Beyond Earth with expansion? Still just as bad, worse or playable?
I would still consider that game to be unplayable. With the Civ 6 announcement, it feels like even Firaxis have abandoned it as a failed mistake.

1)Yes, the GS elements are almost nonexistant.
2)Yes
3)Still terrible, but thats my opinion
4)Yes Paradox does do that but the AI in this game is terrible on all difficulty settings.

how do i atttack planets?
i fucked up their space station

Right click planet to bombard.

If you want to claim planet, land troops.

You bomb it with your fleet and then send ground troops

Select your fleet and right-click the planet to start bombardment. You'll need to send in an assault army if you want to occupy it, though.

Right click on the planet with your fleet.

I just got pissed and spent the last of my neetbux on stellaris.
I hope it was a good investment.

Damn, people confirm my fears about Stellaris being botnet. And I hoped for cool game to play...

Yes to what - the cheating AI that makes comfortable game impossible or the patched AI that let casuals enjoy the game too?

>can't spend influence to redraw techs
why

Can presentients have negative traits?

Haven't seen them with any yet.

I want super adaptive cockroaches

>buying Sterllris

Nigga just pirate it, Paradox doesn't believe in DRM.

is there something more awesome than xenomorphs riding xenobeasts?

>How is the Beyond Earth with expansion? Still just as bad, worse or playable?

Pros:
Hybrid affinities are neat
Oceans are now relevant

Cons:
Would still rather play Alpha Centauri

Titanic Xenos riding Xenobeasts, supported by Robots and Xenomorphs riding Xenobeasts.

Is something wrong with me intrinsically? I'm a liberal but when I play Stellaris, I try so hard to keep my species pure of non-similar humanoids. Purging and removing all other species that attempt to settle within my empire.

How do you get titanic xenos event
Other than having titanic xenos modifier ofc

Genemod warriors with psykers backing them up

>I just got pissed and spent the last of my neetbux on stellaris
user, I have bad news for you...

The game is shit, unfinished, bugged to death and casual as fuck

I just settled a planet with Titanic Xenos on it and that event popped up after a bit.

>Damn, people confirm my fears about Stellaris being botnet
You don't actually believe that, right?

>having to claim the universe 4 planets at a time
>10 years of peace after each war

HOLY FUCK PARADOX WHY.

>Damn, people confirm my fears about Stellaris being botnet. And I hoped for cool game to play...

Never trust Swedes

If they are in an alliance just declare on the ally.

>And I hoped for cool game to play...
Welp.

Are the mods listed in the OP compatible with 1.3? I've been trying to enable them and although they are selectable in the launcher, there are no in-game changes.

Defeated as soon as I got into the game.
Next level difficulty setting, gg paradox.

>Damn, people confirm my fears about Stellaris being botnet.
Haven't you wondered while the cucked sweden have given you so much opportunity to be an asshole? Everytime you press "purge" or "enslave" the NSA gets a message

But you just said I should! ;_;

Out
Fucking
Skilled

Since the Swarm has already arrived, it's safe to research sentient AI, right?

Outskilled by Xenos. They visited you and exterminated you before Space Age.

Yeah but that clarke patch, though.
plsbuy

t.Johan

Yeah and they probably create a map of potential dictators, fanatics and such.

Cant a man just play his vidya games anymore?

It's only natural to want to keep your nation pure

Not in an age where fighting terrorism has the same UI as any flight simulator

>Is something wrong with doing the right thing
Like, among ourselves we may have disagreements. But we all agree that aliens should be treated as they are, dirt.

Things to spend energy on when

>he doesn't play as a Dark Eldar-like race
>he doesn't enslave the lesser races of the galaxy so that they may be used as playthings
youtube.com/watch?v=82yaUEL9awg

Sentient ai isn't actually dangerous. Synth tech is, and only if you build synths or you have robutts built when you research synth tech.
Sentient ai just angers mat FEs and gives you that nice research boost.

If you don't have mods, yes. There can only be a single galactic disaster in a game, and when one triggers it prevents the other two from happening.

It also means if you get the Scourge, that jump drives are safe.

:^)

>Kino
Leave you fucking German

Actually, you can just run a command in the console to remove the crisis flag. Or edit the crisis files to not add the flag in the first place.

>Chapie
>Gravity

>had enough with being peaceful
>declare on my nearest neighbors that already hate me
>throw my full force: 31 corvettes, 11 dessies
>reaches the max forcelimits
>destroy their doomstack of equal power
>suddenly another doomstack of the same size comes at me

How to gitgud at combat?

>Despite similar requests for custom nation designer in EU4, Paradox still hasn't just implemented an RGB color picker
Ah well, relying on mods it is.

And other things that I haven't seen other people mention
>See the systems covered by a single specific wormhole station
>More galaxy setup/generation options
>Reworking ground warfare/invasions
>The ability to change order of things in the outliner (I want my construction ships and science ships grouped, not in order of when built)
>Option to add a warning message when you can upgrade a planet's Ship Shelter/Administration/Planetary Capital
>Option to "Upgrade to max"
>Option to show sector names when zoomed out

How do you not outnumber yourself?

Wait, why is Stellaris here instead of with those shitters overs in /gsg/? I mean I guess it's nice that it's propping up /civ4xg/ but wait a minute this isn't even called /civ4xg/ any more YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING IT ALL UP I'M CALLING THE COPS

>dessies

I just woke up. What do you mean?

Stellaris isn't Grand Strategy

Didn't know you can remove it with a console command, but I did modify all my crisis files so they no longer drop the global crisis tag so that I could get all three in a game. It's pretty fun, the base game should really operate like that.

That's what you're actually asking.

Remember the days where they tried to post civ in /gsg/ ? This is payback.

Still not making sense.

Avatar was basically a purge that turned into a rebellion
Starship Troopers just human militarist xenophobe vs collectivist bugs

>Strong gives +20% army damage and +5% minerals
>Weak just gives -20% army damage and not -5% minerals
Reeeeee

A conversation is a two way street, user.

Are using mods?
I updated to 1.0.3(pirated one) buts till used older mods and have some retarded things happen to me(especially on random starts). Like AI spawning one on each other or on barren/frozen planets, losing game at start etc.
So I take new define and other files from updated game and rewrite mod and it help.

So if anyone ever comes across a situation where the computer has decided that you really need to die and sends 5x your fleet strength in a massive coalition against you, just let them in and send your fleets into their space

Proceed to ravage every single system, leaving not even a single observation post

They will eventually start suing for peace, don't stop there, now you have them

Keep going, they will have turned their fleets around to come protect themselves now.

After dodging their forces and raping their homelands you will beat their warscore with no problem and bam, insurmountable odds turn into free systems for you

fascism is collectivist too

What does outnumbering oneself mean?

Human's in Starship troopers are clearly individuals. You dont see the bugs fleeing in terror (except the brain bug)

effect remove_global_flag = galactic_crisis_happened
They didn't put a direct command to remove flags this time so you have to work around it.
It also gives no confirmation if it worked or not, just save and trigger another crisis via console, it will show whether the flag is set or not.

Also may not work for triggering the scourge, wiki claims it just has a random chance every x years and may actually not happen after a certain date. The files actually don't even specify what the trigger is.

>declare war on some cucks
>send my main fleet to fuck up the next system
>their new fleet comes to a system i was just in
>get my shit kicked in
>all of sudden some bros come in and help
>my fleet gets destroyed but bros hfinished off the enemy
love this game

fascism is militarist :^)

You put yourself in a position where you were outnumbered, then asked how to get better at fighting. But the problem wasn't the quality of your fighting, it was your strategic mistake.

:^)