/fog/ Fallout General

"Take the fucking hint" Edition

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page
[YouTube] Fallout 4 - Mods and the Creation Kit

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB (embed)

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP (embed)

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA (embed)

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh (embed)

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62 (embed)

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy (embed)

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/dfRatvDc (embed)

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD (embed)

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread (Buffscales banned from the premises)
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/496881136902430869/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9710/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

based trips have spoken

G2a 26$ season pass y/n?

Why do the strings for Full Dialogue Interface not work anymore? What happened between the last two updates that caused it to break?

First for Pipboy replacement mod when?

PA arms are surprisingly difficult.

I never knew I could hate a Synth much as I hate Dima, he is the embodiment everything the Institute was right about Synths being dangerous.

You answered your own question, the game updated, so mods need to be up to date aswell.

BoS comes in and wipes these Synth abominations of the map, right?

Forgot pic

Since all the dlc that was announced is out what is the chance Bethseda will back track on their words and fuck over the player by requiring them to buy a new dlc pass for further dlc?

Anyone technically minded help me out?

Sometimes when I'm walking I'll have stutter from loading in new areas. Not sure how to fix it. I've got 12gig ram so not sure what's causing it.

Also I'll reach a town and the buildings/street will not be loaded in yet. Sometimes it will crash the system.

Anyone know what's causing it?

0.000000000000000000000000000000001%

>All the Warhammer 40k space marine power armor mods are just paint schemes

Why do I crash when entering the Prydwen, /fog/?

I took line wanderer perk on my survival playtrough. When you are traveling with forced companions does the perk still apply?

>friend starts messaging me about fallout 4 since i'm playing it
>says he cant believe the NPC faces havent changed since fo3
how can someone be so stupid?

probably read/write speeds of your HDD, some people say install to an SSD, but I don't really think bethseda put that much headroom in optimizing for it.

but for things not loading in, you need to keep in mind that the engine was designed around fast travel to load/unload cells, which frankly beth shot themselves in the foot with the survival update.

if we're going to pin the tail on the donkey we're going to need some detailed specs: ram speed/clocks, processor speed, HDD model, etc. There's a number of things that can be bottlenecking, or it can just be the fact it's a 15 year old nigger-rigged to shit engine.

When are they going to fix this bullshit? Hard to enjoy such a cool gun when it does this.

Literally never, it's Bethesda

>Anyone know what's causing it?
Bethesda

Thanks dude. Here's my speccy. The cards are twin 5870's in crossfire. Also even though it says 3 screens I only run one.

I would love to install this on my ssd but since it's steam I guess I'd have to reinstall steam on it too and it's not a big ssd.

>000 bullets in weapon
Your silly webm doesn't even show the bug.You need to have 004 chambered, but the outcome you put 5 back into it is the same.

Sorry for the nitpick, but that is half assed.

When you establish contact or trade rout, what ever it's called, between settlements do they share everything in workbench storage?

essentially, yes
the workshops have separate inventories, but for the sake of crafting, have shared inventories

What are the best mods if I want to be a murderhobo?
The radstorm increase is a must, but I'm looking for difficulty mods and more weapons/upgrade mods.

You can make separate directories for games in Steam
Settings/Downloads/Content Libraries

Dunno about the rest, doesn't seem like much VRAM, maybe ENBoost could help there

I don't know how to make webms and its the only one I saw posted in a fallout thread.

It is kinda unbelievable

like dogmeat in Reunions and Danse in the arcjet shit?

You can't tell them to carry shit for you or order them around, so they're not technically companions. Lone Wanderer still applies

So what are your musthave mods?

It's 2gb vram in crossfire. I'm running the latest enb series at the moment. Still having trouble with pop in.

Thing is everything else is fine. When I'm in an area either outside or in I get great frame rates.

But if anything needs loading in as I move around the frame rate drops like a stone as it all gets crammed in.

Thanks for the advice though. I'll try cramming it on the SSD and see what happens.

It's probably more of a symptom of Beth games being consistently three-five years behind everyone else graphically, even if each one does introduce big improvements

ask again in a year

I'll note it down.

What did she mean by raiders can get rough?

>Virtual puzzles

Well that was "fun." Mod to remove it so I never have to play it ever again when?

Is there anyway to get Gilda's hat? I don't remember seeing any other summer hats like hers in the game.

I solved my problem. I installed the interface .swf files to the wrong folder, it works correctly now

Is Two Bears dead yet

I have this issue where physic enabled ponytails spas out and act like i'm running 100mph, also when I drag bodies the physics is jittering and flicking insane amounts of time per second, I thought this was a vsync issue but even at and under 60 the issue persists.

secondly you'll want to enable logging

steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/496881136902430869/

you'll be amazed over the shit FO4 crashes over, I checked the log after a crash while building a skyscrapper, and it appeared that the script for ambient birds fired 20 times before crashing the game because 'it couldn't find the 3dspace', ironically they'll clip right through settlement walls, and I've seen it happen at warwick.

as for specs, that HDD isn't even named, so I'm placing bets on an old tumbler of a drive there, and 12 GB @668MHz is nothing impressive, you got space, but not speed. 2GB VRAM is kinda paltry for installing texture mods, 2K textures should be fine enough, but anything over will be busting the GPU's nuts, and I'm not even sure if FO4 can support crossfire VRAM handling.

This has to be the most worthless weapon to use on far harbor.

give it to strong and put him in your raider/gunner arena

I'd find a survival rebalance that focuses on equal damage - 1:1, 2:2, they can kill you as easy as you kill them, then go the way of doom and get more spawns - it'll add up to 4 thousand more enemies around the map. I wade in the blood of enemies as a psychojet packing man and a half.

post recent screenshots

You don't want equal damage, that doesn't unbalances things in your favor. You want the enemies to do higher damage than you because you'll often have much higher DR than them.

How come I can't assign robits to scavenging stations?

Most recent

Dude I one-shotted a fucking legendary enraged fog crawler with that. Did you even try using it?

T H I C C

How did you get just the shoulderpad? I keep trying to figure out how to seperate armor parts

How does it work on a fog crawler? Aren't mutated creatures immune to radiation?

>Finish fah habor
>Return to the commonwealth
>Immediately feel a sort of relief and warm homecoming to be able to see further than 100ft

I really hope nuka world won't send us to another hellhole.

>not a ghoulslaying radium rifle
absolutely useless

>there are people in this general that don't make jun the settlement tax man, with a clean suit and shades, packing an engraved golden deagle brand deagle.

that's why you get More Spawns, nimwit. shooting one enemy for 30 seconds is nowhere near as fun as shooting 30 enemies for 30 seconds, and each one of them is just as able to kill you, as you could them. The shear amount of molotovs can and probably will eviscerate you.

Level scaling was a mistake, and whoever keeps coding it in at bethseda NEEDS to be fired.

go the way of doom

Oh, I guess I should add that I have all ranks in Nuclear Physicist so that probably upped its damage considerably.

Like fuck it is, if you did a melee build that thing destroys armies.

Is there a fix for your character sometimes not taking out their weapon when you equip it?

I saw someone with a factory of robots on scavenging stations and I was looking to do something similar, but whenever I try and assign them to the station, they say no. Do I need to modify them in any way?

... no.

Shit thinking back I also used it to seriously fuck up that Mirelurk Queen that shows up during the Captain's Dance. So, no, mirelurks aren't immune to it either. I don't know if it's because it's "concentrated" radiation damage or what but there is damn near nothing in this game that is actually immune to or instead healed by radiation, not that I've found. Even ghouls will die to the radium rifle, because that rad damage is almost like a bleeding effect but instead of causing 25 points of damage over time it's like 10% off their healthbar instantly.

People that say "lol this weapon is useless" should consider, you know, trying it before stamping it as such due to hearsay.

"Fallout" 4 is the worst game of all time. Period. It's simply no debate. Not just the worst game of all time, but the worst piece of digital media. A broken product in every definition of the word. If a shady street dealer sold me a disc that just had the words "FUCK YOU" spin in red circles on the screen, that would be less offensive and more fulfilling than the absolute travesty and insult that was the product with the venerable "Fallout" brand brazenly tapered to it without thought.
Bethesda has completely trashed a beloved franchise with their terrible games. There is no debate. They gutted everything that made it a unique series and stripped it down to the bare minimum for profit. This series is no longer an true, decent RPG series. Just a dumb shooter and Waifu generator for perverted dumbed down garbage to be modded to.
They have replaced comedic qualities in the series that are both equally dark, creative, and original with half baked terrible garbage that the masses will chew up like pig slop, stuffing their faces with garbage. In it's place, is a Fallout-shaped shell.
The Fallout series is dead. DEAD. It's been replaced with utter unworthy garbage that further sullies and destroys the lore and legacy of the Fallout series. Only absolute idiots, fools of the highest order even consider playing this piece of garbage. This is a rape, a full absolute sexual ruination of a pure virgin series. Bethesda has absolutely ruined something sacred to the world. They are absolute scoundrels that deserve to be spat and mocked until the end of time for their disgusting act of depravity and greed.

>Level scaling was a mistake, and whoever keeps coding it in at bethseda NEEDS to be fired.

Duh. The best I've seen it done in recent years was in fucking Nehrim. Fuck those wolves in the beginning were brutal, as dangerous as wolves actually should be.

This.

All I want is a shield to go with it. Considering that when in power armor you don't use the regular pipboy hud and one-hand all melee weapons I wonder why no one was introduced a cosmetic shield yet.

Fallout 4 is pretty shit, desu

Hermit crab best new enemy. Surprised me and made me laugh at the same time.

Fallout 4 is utter and complete garbage. Absolutely pure liquid shit. Along with being the worst looking, worst playing, absolutely broken game to come out in years. Anyone who enjoys this is a tasteless disgusting idiot. Anyone who mods it equally so. You cannot improve pure SHIT.
If you enjoy Rapeout 4: The Search for More Money - Franchise Rape Edition, you are an idiot. No matter what country or creed. You are worse than even terrorists, for you're promoting the further and further desecration of the corpse of a cultural icon that once inspired hundreds of impassioned fans, and is now twisted and perverted into a tool for making capital with no significant symbolism or talent involved in it's existance in any way whatsoever.

I much prefer the comfy atmosphere of Far Harbor to be honest.

(You)

MODS WILL FIX IT, R-RIGHT?

Were father's robes always able to be upgraded with Balistic weave or is this something new?

pls

Fallout 4 is garbage trash poop money rape stupid greed ugly broken rape franchise lore dumb poop shit stupid rape CASUALS!!! money greed stupid bethesda garbage CASUALS!!! evil consoles take money greed D U M B D O W N greed money stupid rape CASUALS!!! evil dumb bethesdrones evil dumb creatively bankrupt gimmick ugly stupid RPG dumb money greed stupid poop trash want trash garbage vomit trash useless stupid series rape RAPE stupid RAPE

homemaker lights are shit

Should have gotten the console version. Mine works fine.

oh boy, more retard anons from CodexNiggs and NMAFaggots

do yourself a favor and go for northland diggers, it lets you assign dedicated resources: aluminum, concrete, circuitry, copper, etc. It's far better than making 40 scavenging stations and praying to atom you get enough ceramic, when all they're picking up is wood and steel.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9710/?

but assigning robots to stations is probably one of a number of 'automatron expanded' type mods.

can you not? we've already discussed this for the 35,143th time, we get it. Nobody is going to change their opinion over some shitposting faggot on an anonymous cantonese fisherman's board

Has trainwiz updated his throwing weapons mod yet?

Rolled a new character to be a wasteland melee ninja edgelord but I think the damage scaling on them is broken.

Why does every other mod site that isn't nexus have to be terribly sorted and impossible to navigate.

Fah Hahbah is a scary place indeed.

>you can pick all of them in sequence
>Valentine disliked me not judging them when I say I'm BoS

because nexus has been at it extensively enough to learn how to make it better?

he said it was an alpha-stage mod, understand the risks that come with basing a play through around a single untested mod.

I have Northland Diggers but I can't assign any robutts to any of them. I also can't assign them to scav stations or even crops anymore :/

just pirate it

There are people in this thread who didn't side with DiMA no matter the sacrifices.

Yeah but that's sorta the point innit? With the nexus as a reference, why can't other sites figure out a decent layout?

"Nexus has categories and filters for released mods with a picture reference at the top... Lets just throw all of ours into a huge unsorted subforum of vaguely titled threads with no pictures."

Is anyone working on porting items from F3/NV into F4? Especially the weapons. Im getting real tired of the randomly generated borderlands tier pipe shit being what everyone has.

I know theirs a lot of weapons on nexus, but its all single ones and only for your character. No weapon packs or ones that add them to the level list.

I swear every time I use stimpack character gets thirsty, hungry or sleepy

I like how like half of the new perks added in Far Harbor dont work right

-Rad resistance rank 4 gives you +10, but removes the first three ranks so you only get +10 total, instead of +40 total

-Action Boy rank 3 sets you action point refresh to base values

-Night Person Rank 3 isnt giving the +30HP as described

I found him lads, Shipbreaker.
Francis E. Dec reference?

Can i join the Minuteman and BoS?

>Sentry with dual fatmans, explosive miniguns for hands, and fully armored with warmonger plates

The game basically plays itself at this point.

but then again what are you speccing in? I think he mentioned it being based off of explosive perks, since they use assets from explosives 'throwing animations', but then again I was hella drunk that night, you'll probably have to wait til he shows up.

I don't even remember if assigning them to resources was a vanilla thing, I think it was something modded, after all since most robutts you build are purpose based to begin with. I guess I'll try seeing if I can, since I haven't touched any of those kinds of mods, I do know that I have codsworth as a posted guard, but he's technically a unique entity.

you can always try tipping constructive criticism, just don't expect it to take off overnight.

complete lack of oversight and proper play testing, just look at FO4 unofficial patch notes, for awhile bear roast gave you an insane damage multiplier instead of the moddest x7 it claimed.

Yes, this is by design. Stimpaks dehydrate your character a bit. Medicines generally cause hunger, and all chems cause one or the other.

Were laser weapons buffed? The damage on righteous authority fully upgraded is higher than any plasma rifle I can find.

You can have all factions available to you until the final part of the storyline.
If you want all the faction you have to go against the institute.

>complete lack of oversight and proper play testing,
Not really.

> just look at FO4 unofficial patch notes
You mean the patch made by the same guy who has constantly defended Bethesda's buggy games as being the natural result of them being so large?

Shipbreaker absolutely wrecked my asshole until I realized that Harpoon guns fucking destroy him.
Even my best weapons barely scratched him, but dem harpoons man. He can't deal with it.