/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

I can't wait to see BL mods edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
Bannerlord will be shown at E3, maybe some siege. Until then Wait and See.
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15
youtube.com/watch?v=xdSzGoTc_ns
youtube.com/watch?v=gnGNojC8XrE
youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4

RPS Interview with Armagan : rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/28/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-interview/

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/fcmVyuQ0

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0
>Caribbean! Blood and Gold (on Steam)
snowbirdgames.com/blog/?p=1632

First for NEXT WEEK!

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

3rd for welsh pride

>hands and head are a totally different shade of green

The development hell is showing

6th for Rhodoks being cucks.

nth for Pike and shot in late 16th century when

Ssssshhh
He is "happy" with the works now. Let them finish it first.
Then we can wait until the next year for the second update.
Also
>Caring how orc shits look
>Not playing humans erryday

1st for what mod should I play? I don't really like any of the ones recommended in the OP. My favorite modpack so far was Floris Extended Troop Trees.

Try 1257.

I care plenty, as soon as i stopped cumming over furoks models i was gonna do an ork campaign

Faggot.
You should stick with native, because you are a faggot.

All the other orcs still look pretty good though. It is probably just the player's items that cause incosistencies.
>Not wearing black ork's armor

The bright green orks have dark hands and heads

The dark green orks have bright green legs

Swedish Mayonnaise
Gekonewer
Warwolf

Come on m8ty, I dont want to wait another TWO WEEKS!!!!
Lets keep it next weekend, for now.

The dude who made the models mentioned he was sick of working on warsword. Im sure he saw the issues already and just went fuck it

Fine.
Pike and shot set in late 16th century that is also not in asia or in Eastern Europe and that isn't solely made with WFAS or osp assets everyone already used.
I think I'll just wait for Bannerlord and make such a mod myself. Already got some ideas.

Are those Skavens? Dont tell me that development went to such shit that Austim Supreme Dorfus was allowed to submit his "models".

For you Warsword fans, the Crusader Kings 2 Warhammer Fantasy mod Geheimnisnacht is up to date with the latest version. They added the Skaven at some point since I last checked.

I know for sure dorfus made some models for them. Only specifics i know of are a sword for a plaguebearer

That looks sexy. Do you habe access to the test version? I cant find those screenshots on Moddb.

Ive just been keeping very close tabs on warsword for like, half a year or more jesus christ.

Anyways people working on it have leaked screenshots and ive compiled a few of the ones that stand out.

At least the new guns look nice.
Next Week!
Lets meme it to existence.

What's the hype with this mod anywa?. It looks like it was made by Sasha the Autist in a fit of turbo autism one afternoon in blender.

>they think it's I that has been ambushed

warhammer mod
lots of people like warhammer
find it boring personally but whatever

LONG MAY HE REIGN

Warhammer is an extremely old extremely popular series.

This is a warhammer mod.

Its also been dickteased like a motherfucker. Literally "release soon" for 6 months.

It SHOULD be updated next week considering theres literally no more issues to fix but one of their coders thought it was going to be released 2 months ago so you know.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
You go and make a Warhammer mod, bitch. See how it goes-

>15th century pike and shot
>With monsters
>Boring

I swear there already is one. It's based a bit on Dynasty Warriors, isn't it?

Too bad arty isnt functional.

Which is why I commented couple of lines responsible for lord defection in my copied native mod.
Works wonders.

the mod itself is boring

Warsword also had this amazing stallion of a man coding for it.

I get what you mean, its basically vanilla but with new assets but the next update is vastly changing a lot of things.

Not really sure what Warhammer is. The aesthetic is cringefully autistic tho

>Being this much of a ledditor you cant even bother to search Warhammer Fantasy on google
>Expect Warband to deliver graphic, ever.

the fact they're going to add a RNG element makes it not worth playing

Dodge can be turned off.

Its literally just fantasy. Do you find warcraft autistic too?

Or does all fantasy need to be low fantasy like LOTR? (post simillarion anyways)

Fair enough, i play the tabletop so i dont mind ward saves. You can disable those though.

Honestly between furok and the age of reckoning assets its one of the better looking warband mods out there.

>Honestly between furok and the age of reckoning assets its one of the better looking warband mods out there.
People should be grateful that there are fucking dwarves and rat people in a warband mod.
Seriously, I tried to get in mesh and item exporting and that shit was so daunting I dropped it like a hot egg. And that was just one weapon.

>Fair enough, i play the tabletop so i dont mind ward saves. You can disable those though.
M&B isn't the place for that kind of shit is the thing

i guess the heads look a little bit better than the old orcs heads. i dunno about the torsos tho. i guess theyll be 90% covered up in armor anyways once you hit the actually good troops

I've heard of it, I just don't give two fucks about it but I wonder why so many people do.

And I was referring to the Warhammer aesthetic, not just the Warband rendition.

Yes, extremely. Warcraft is the biggest load of autistic rubbish since Walt Disney. It's every bit as bad as any fantasy style with XBOXHUEG swords or stupidly proportioned characters/items. It just looks dumb to me.

>Yes, extremely. Warcraft is the biggest load of autistic rubbish since Walt Disney. It's every bit as bad as any fantasy style with XBOXHUEG swords or stupidly proportioned characters/items. It just looks dumb to me.
>

warhammer was dorky warcraft looking shit before warcraft came by and out-dorked it

saving rolls are fine for tabletop, but i dont think it will translate well at all into a realtime action game like this

is Sayazyn dead?

Jacob is still working on it IIRC.

So what's so fun about it? Is it the neckbeard or the never getting laid part?

i agree with you on the look, it looks retarded
stuff like is a lot better
it seems earlier fantasy media didn't go as retarded with design as current fantasy media

>Playing anything other than LoL, ASSFAGGOT and not donating to twitch whores
>Not a virgin
:^)

I for one love the dramatization. The huge pauldrons, the super human men, armour with spikes, that sort of thing.

Its interesting. Its fantastical.

>says the user posting on a laocean knitting forum
>in a thread for an ugly, outdated and unpopular VIDEOGAME

>i guess the heads look a little bit better

Fuck LoL, Dota, WoW (Which is what I thought "Warcraft") infact fuck all MMO with a hammer. They're all just a means of milking neetbux from dumb sheep who aren't pretty enough to play with the other dumb sheep.

>Says the faggot posting from a laocean in a thread for an ugly, outdated videogame to point out that I'm posting on a knitting forum to point out that I am posting.

I'm going to have to ask you to step away from the keyboard sir and come with me to the station. Your autism is a danger to everyone in your postcode.

That deserves a smug anime

Did you just walk in from /soc/ or something?

don't be such a fag
i'm an autistic virgin and i'm not a fan of that over-exaggerated fantasy shit either

>I'm going to have to ask you to step away from the keyboard sir and come with me to the station. Your autism is a danger to everyone in your postcode.
>Sir
>Complain about autism
>Sir

Guys, please stop arguing with the retard and keep it M&B.

>all those soldiers just for one shieldless, unarmed regiment
just charge in with the cavalry, senpai

>it seems earlier fantasy media didn't go as retarded with design as current fantasy media

you really shouldnt make these kinds of generalizations, every era of fantasy art and design has its ups and downs, sometimes alongside the artists themselves developing their own styles, but also reflected in the bizarre or imaginative ways artists of any skill level may interpret the descriptive source material

is it wrong that I play exactly like that Image? I always feel like there are better tactics and I'm just a noob despite having known the game for about three years

most fantasy today is copying off of the same generic shit

"high" fantasy is pretty oddball stuff

Nope, it's actually pretty much optimal tactics. Just add in waiting for the enemy infantry/cavalry to engage your infantry and lead your cavalry around to either attack the enemy archers or hit the side/back of those engaged with your infantry and that's about as advanced as it's worth getting.

the ai in native and most mods is moronic and only knows to either charge or retreat with no thought for tactics, so even the most basic tactics will put you ahead of the game. you only really need to worry if your troops are badly outnumbered, outleveled, or in a bad matchup ie trying to fight against cav in the open with mostly infantry

Ive played M&B some 300 odds hours and ive done nothing amass heavy cavalry and charge

>trying to fight against cav in the open with mostly infantry

Put them in a tight enough formation and even this is super easy unless your troops are badly outleveled.

even if you're in the open there can be rocks and shit
if you put your infantry by obstacles it'll fuck up cavalry like sitting on a hill would

Some of it. But i was mostly talking about standard fantasy. less D&D more witcher

>tfw no based user to make big mods like this and not sperg about whiners and beggars

I'd say realism is far more interesting, but hey! I despise ultra high fantasy so that isn't news.

The main modders for Geko, Native Expansion, & Silverstag were alright folks as far as I remember

What fantasy settings do you enjoy then?

You wouldnt specify "ultra-high" if you didnt like some fantasy.

How do I get into making a mod?
I can code a bit and know how to use morghs, but not much else.

is gsanders ok. why he talk about "the last months of his life" is he dying

I'm not familiar with the Geko or Native expansion modders (though I've only ever heard good things about the Geko dev here) but I can confirm that the main Silverstag dev is top notch. Releases source code and encourages people to make their own versions. The main request he has for people who do make their own versions of Silverstag is that they let him know about it so he can promote it for them. He's also really responsive to feedback (and not in the cozur way of "fuck off, it's not a bug, it's a feature").

>first actual image of vampire counts models
>cant see shit

this serves as one of the many reminders to anyone who wants to do modding or game dev
Don't actively read forums and interact with people who post there if you're a socially retarded beta who explodes when facing negative feedback (deserved or otherwise)

Well then, things should be fine for the most part as long as most modders aren't socially retarded betas.

Oh wait.

That wasnt even his worst

the "who explodes when facing negative feedback" is very important

Whoops

>a broken TV remote
>overly complex maths

leave this poor man alone

i don't understand this image

It's really sad that so few people have coding ability. I bet GS isn't even that good at coding, he's just the only option available to them because nobody with real talent wants to waste their time on it.

Maybe he's used to playing games where weapons are classified as:
>Fast stabby
>Medium stabby
>Slow stabby
So he's not used to numbers

but there's hardly any numbers in M&B

but literally all you need to know is
>bigger numbers = better