Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/pYdwfntu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hfFRhOkAUfM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>PISSS talking shit in the chat even though he dodged the tourney
lmao

Real talk, are fighting games dying again?

ummmmm?

Yeah

EXCELLENT OP

jap xrdr soon

also how much should i spend on a gaming comp?

Is there supposed to be something wrong with that image?

Probably got dq'd because he forgot this lame tourney was today.

whats the problem?

>tfw hoping Ibuki rumors are false and it's actually Juri next

pisss is too poor to afford sfv

>NiGHTS

Urien is the only dlc character worth a fuck and they're probably going to ruin him

Who's commentating on the tourney?

I think i realized why Rashid is so bad now. His punishes and checks are all terrible, on a lot of stuff he only gets cr. lk. And that crouch short goes farther than his cr. mk too

DID SOMEONE SAY GUILTY GEAR

The dark ages are coming back. Embrace it. You start building grass roots communities for your favorite games without ADHD flavor of the month faggots who play a game for a few weeks because it's new and then drop it not long after.

strifeomo, you said you wanted to play ST?

fightcade is DougFunnie, let me know

Silent and Inertia

How can a girl be so sexy and cute at the same time? Capcom pls. is it true she's only 17?

make dump vid pls

>capcom literally can't stop fucking EVERYTHING up.
>Arksys won't stop killing their games because the re-realease their games for 60 dollars every 3 months
>Mk is clunky, and still stuck in the 90s.
>New kof looks like total shit
>killer instinct is a dumb niche game in an already niche genre.
Yeah fighting games are dying.

>little kid on the mic laughing at "coonertia"

>zangief is low tier - /fgg/
lmaoooooo

dayum, watching go deer play makes me want to play gief and I fucking hate grapplers

stop fucking posting dat boi memes with xrd. its not a dead game because no one plays it on pc

On the other hand, UNIEL is the best fighting game to ever be released.

uniel is kusoj

>Arksys won't stop killing their games because the re-realease their games for 60 dollars every 3 months

Neutral game too hard for a babby like you to play?

>zangief is not low tier - /fgg/

>uniel
>neutral

better pick up smash
>smash at 16k right now and sf cant even get that

UNIEL will never die as long as there are people willing to play.
>TFW i got new people at my locals to try it out

The game is literally all neutral. No braindead setplay or gimmicks allowed, only strong fundamentals allow you to succeed.

Uniel is honestly pretty fundie based

>Capeshit movies are coming out by the hundreds, and they will only continue to grow in popularity
>Normies love for capeshit is at an all time record high
If only a new Marvel Vs Capcom could out now. That would save fighting games. Too bad Capcom is run by fucking morons.

>SF can't get 16k
Stunfest had 16~20k during pools today and it didn't even air during prime time for the US. What are you even talking about?

The truth of the matter is no one gives a shit about Toryuken, which isn't surprising. US tournaments aren't worth watching unless international players are there.

It was 40k if you count the language restreams. Place looked pretty packed too.

yes

Who are the zoners in holosseum

I actually really wanted to pick up uniel but like I said, the game I was about to buy was going to be obsolete in a month. Are they planing on doing this like 3 more times? If no, I will honestly consider picking up the game.

No that's koihime enbu

Why does nobody want to play guilty gear? Is it really that awful?

the sequel, UNIST is never coming out on console so yes it's worth a purchase.

Are you getting the PC version? I'll try it out once it comes out of PC.

your ibuki is still garbage lmao

where them webm's at doug

Just copped SFV, have only played the arcade versions and third strike.

I'm trying to play Guile on the PS4 controller, so to do his moves like Sonic Boom, I have to hold back on the analog stick for a whole second? Is there really no quicker way to do it?

yep, almost nearing RTS games levels of dead

For sure. I also have character tutorials i'm planning on making to help new players get into the game.

No other way. Thats the point.
But you can charge while crouch blocking or while your other attacks are active.

I need you Akiha

>UNIEL will never die as long as there are people willing to play.
Well, can't argue with that.

You can say that after it has been a few months since the Rev release, they know how to schedule releases so their games always get the optimal coverage.
I'm starting to think this is why they're not advertising the PC release of UNiEL more, it's in like 2 months.

>pick up melty
>mfw every single character plays the same
Why do people play this game? Because it's super easy to learn?

It's incredibly repetitive

Nah, he's a charge character, so you have to hold it down for a second for the move to come out.
Cool, I want to play that edgy kid with the two swords and the long arms guy. Are they any good?

youtube.com/watch?v=hfFRhOkAUfM

I blame how unfun SF5 is

too many lame frame traps, no chip, command throws are too strong, V reversals take no skill to execute, no unique or fun characters, massive window to tech grabs, low jab gets you out of way too much, 8 FRAMES PS4

goddamn why did it all go so wrong. I would have taken a graphical update to ultra over this

>choco cucking momochi on their stream
who the fuck is this guy

you didnt smack talk me, so meh. your guile's not that bad, i just get dumped on by pisss's guile in st so I know that MU a little bit

SFV is the only one thats actually really alive.
You gonna blame it for all other shit fighters fucking up?

When did Kokujin become a crip

Seth is glass cannon tier and merkava is all around solid but a little awkward to play at first

more like you dont know what is going on.

>Cool, I want to play that edgy kid with the two swords
He takes a lot of work but he has a lot of cool setups including unblockables and is very very fast, if you like being sanic all the time, mixing people up, and have good execution he'll be great for you.

>long arms guy
Either the best or second best character in the game depending on who you talk to, amazing buttons, high damage, a divekick, a virtually safe on block reversal, can play lame or rush you the fuck down, he pretty much has it all.

did tsumuji beat prlprl?

/fgg/ How do I punish a jump in after blocking it in 3s? When I play other people and I get my jump ins blocked I get thrown immediately. But I don't know how to do this... what's the timing like? Do I just mash throw the second I block? Is there something more to it/?

1 hit into the same exact combo every time even goofy goob is more varied than that

it depends on what button you press and how deep the jumpin hits

is this a serious question

some of you guys are alright
don't go to /fgg/vo

Yes.

if it's ibuki instead of balrog this week then there's no doubt capcom is racist

alive or not, its a shadow of a game compared to ultra

Maybe I just need to give it time for updates, balance, and new characters but in its current state, its average as fuck

not mention how boring it is to watch lame characters like mika karin and nash

Yeah thats true if you use the babby combos. I like how you left out everything but the combos, as if combos are what define how a character plays.

That sounds cool. I really respect the amount of work you are willing to put in to keep your game alive. What's your youtube I want to sub

>SF4 babby dickriders actually exist

stuff the jump pussy, dont let them bully you by blocking

>throw out normal
>limb clearly on their character model
>doesn't count lol

nice game SFVTARDS!

What kinda chars are Chaos, Wald, and Vatista

>I'm starting to think this is why they're not advertising the PC release of UNiEL more, it's in like 2 months.
sauce
also they've given no word on unist release and the shit has been out since last May.

what happened senpai
i believed in you

SFxT [spoilers]pc[/spoilers] any1?

>stuff the jump
>parry fighter 3

Melty neutral consists of trying to jump higher than your opponent that's it

double jumps

my match in winners was really laggy but the guy just went 2-1 with nomad so i guess that wasn't all of it
In losers i lost to a d+k x2 rekka followup and a fucking lp ressenha in neutral
both my fault but I'm still p butthurt

sorry you're still bad at the game, xenozip.

neetlife is hard

>is this a serious question
Well yeah
Say ken or something jumps in with a j.mk and I block it, is there any way to throw the opponent right away so that they can't do anything else? That's what happens to me whenever I jump in and its blocked.

well I can anti air or parry the jump in sometimes but sometimes i end up blocking

Are you saying 5 is better than ultra?

go play more fighting games child

he keeps going

Reminder that anime shitters rival smash fags in being the most obnoxious group of people that have any relations to the FGC.

how come I can play footsies and win with guile, but when i play footsies with alex i dont win?

>massive window to tech grabs
>no chip
>V reversals take no skill to execute

This is the kind of stuff that gets praised, you're not looking at the right things.

They fucked over the new playerbase by not doing enough to adapt to the 2010 standards, they fucked over the casual playerbase by the lack of single player content, and they fucked over the rest with the constant close-range mashing that is even farther away from what people think about when they imagine SF than SF4.

Don't forget Merkava actually having better mixups than Seth because of his safejump.
I feel like I should hate that but I don't, Merkava is too honest for that.

Chaos is the puppet character with the fakest setups but interesting neutral. Way more legit than the majority of the other low/mid characters imo.
Wald is the momentum brute, stupidly fast and big normals, rules the air game, but loses hard if you let your opponent start their game, that can be getting knocked down or just them getting in their optimal range.
Vatista is the high execution charge char that spams crystals as a blockstring, get to do stupid stuff like safe dps in neutral and somehow got oki with her divekick.
If you play her you pretty much can't pick anyone else because of how much work she requires.

There has been quite a lot of teasing at least, FB saying they were releasing something in 2016 and I read on twitter that their latest blog post was mentioning a "change" that was coming.

Alright bed time.

Chaos is a puppet character. He can summon his lizard/wolf thing to attack seperate from himself and is one of the few characters with a crossup albeit kind of gimmicky. in all honesty he kind of sucks, he's a puppet character with no mixup and 6C is his only good button

Waldstein is the grappler of the game. There are two kinds of Walds, ones that will try to gimmick you out to land his gorilla 360s and ones that will use his retardedly good normals for pressure. Please be the latter.

Vatista is a charge character who also has reverse charges and button charges, she's probably the hardest character in the game. She's a dedicated zoner through and through but has some good oki with her crystals and a good overhead with [8]2.

This gay memer FGG tourney is kinda entertaining despite nobody being really good
A few of the matches were cool to watch

>nobody being really good

>Chaos is the only char I'm interested in
>he sucks
I hate fighting games