Etrian Odyssey General

>EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EOV Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
jii.moe/Vkg7ZHvGW.7z (Famitsu scans)

Previous thread:

Are nightseekers really that broken in EOIV?

>tfw nobody actually saved the Neato class guide I made
This trip is killing me I tells ya.

Yeah they are pretty broken, pretty much everything is broken in EOIV though so it doesn't really matter.

They're pretty weak until they get their tier 3 skills, but once they have those they can do huge amounts of damage without significant setup or party dependence.

>Atlus planned to have wulfgar replace Bertrand in EO2U story mode

Where did you read that?

Maxed Venom Throw DESTROYS mobs. They're also one of the best link enablers around with Swift Edge or Blade Flurry + sub Dancer Sword Dance (viceversa also works)

It like if Hexer had something to do after landing their ails, and that something is huge damage

Oh yeah, I forgot. Oops. I'll start doing that now.

Does a Counter Stance + Bush Trap + Veils party stay viable for all of 7th dragon 2020

yes

Thank you!
If I wasn't Currently across the pacific from my neet cave I'd have done it myself.

Man I hope I didn't fuck anything up

Missed where he explains the Reapers' specialties.

Reddit.

Look closer.

The enemy...

Thanks so much user.

What's a good subclass for an offensive Monk? Zodiac for Fire Mastery?

Oh fug didn't mean to quote

muh charge, muh berserker vow

Is Breakfire Fist boosted by Charge?

Offensive monk?
probably Gladiator. Charge is a horrible thing to waste, after all.
Don't forget to leave your second equipment slot empty and equip a staff at all times for maximum punch damage!

Its more of a hunch based of the opening and the fact that Atlus would have wanted to use a class different to protector in the next game.

Speaking of staves, what's a good way to get Yaggrush before Ketos?
Just grind money for all eternity, or is there an easier way of doing so?

The easier way is to not bother for most of the game and then go for it when you can pull 40000 from a single gather point

Doesn't Etheric Charge work with Breakfire Fist as well?

And since we're talking III subclasses, is Ninja the only worthwhile subclass for a Hoplite? I already have a Ninja sub and I don't want them fighting over the sixth spot.

So, what team would you make if Atlus created an Etrian Odyssey Master Quest game where you got tossed in the biggest labyrinth yet, and EVERY class was available in their most recent iteration, but with Specializations added in?
The only exception to the EVERY class rule is naturally Fafnir, as that's limited to a single character who can't be a generic.
Classes that were in multiple games will have all their skills compiled into one version (such as War Magus would have random disease, Cursecut, transfer, and ailing slash)
And they added a forest folk race that worked exactly the same as Earthrun/humans

>as that's limited to a single character who can't be a generic

Every class should have a Fafnir transformation force boost.

>The only exception to the EVERY class rule is naturally Fafnir, as that's limited to a single character who can't be a generic.

what does that mean? that all classes get one portrait each?

Wildling for primal drums, maybe shogun for endure and some buffs.

Bert is a protector, not a Fafnir, as far as game mechanics go. And Faf is the last Fafnir as well.

4 Rickys and Shiitake.

No, as in Fafnir is only playable by the main character of EOU2. Every other class is playable by generic guild members.
Every class has ALL their portraits, as well as customization.

>fafnirs in the cafe

I guess Highlander was the only Highlander then right?

I mean its not like theres been multiple Fafnirs according to the story, and its not like it was some sort of experiment either...right?

ahhh I see

then

fafnir
teach protector
red gladiator
fluffmaster
scruffy medic

Bert is also a Fafnir though. You could say he's a class-changed Fafnir.

Can't class change back.
Trust me it'd be cool to have a double Faf team, but our solo mode hero is very much the last Fafnir, after all.

No? The Highlander comes from a tribe of... well, Highlanders.

>seriously not getting the sarcasm in the post

You just love being a technicality autist don't you?

What I was trying to say is that due to Faf being only a story mode character and class, it wouldn't make sense to allow it to generics that you'd make for a classic mode only EO game! even if it allowed every other class up to that point.

>its literally mentioned in the story that Bertrand is a fucking fafnir
>no it doesn't work that way he can't class change back

Bert's existence in the plot is also an anomaly that shouldn't happen under normal circumstances.

>Highlander was a story mode character

Highlander was also made into a generic in the very next game.

>game where the artist loves to star the loli females is about a scruffy old man

You got that right.

I bet one of the unlockable classes will be the sliggish, heavy hitting fighter type

>staves
>eoiii
h-huh

maces are magical staves of the pain element

So Fafnir can't be a generic in the next game?

yes but your options will just be the same fafnir and three recolors

We don't know that yet nigga.
Plus it wouldn't make any sense at all if Fafnir became a generic in EOU3 from a storytelling standpoint. There CAN'T be any more after U2 ends.

you guys argue about the stupidest shit

Zodiac is pretty great for a monk. Etheric charge multiplies the damage by 3.0 instead of 2.6 from a gladiators charge. You also get 11% bonus damage added to breakfire fist with fire mastery, Fist mastery and Club mastery don't add bonus damage to that skill for whatever reason. Not only that, Singularity multiplies your damage done to the enemies weakness by 1.5 and it applies at the END of everything that's been calculated already.

You also get more flexibility as opposed to a gladiator because you don't need to spend a turn buffing yourself and an ally healing/guarding you while you do it.

>Fafnir was an experiment
So how did your autism come up with that logic?

Fafnir exists for a very specific reason, how could there be more when there can't be anymore after EOU2?

I read that with Bertrand's voice, you cheeky cunt.

You're all fucking retarded, Fafnir is already in EO5 reclassed as this coffin class.

since eo3 force system is different, it can just be a spellsword class with his base skills

That's clearly just Matt mercer showing his Elven heritage and power level.

>he doesn't remember his old allies

WAIT A MINUTE
That belt buckle...

Does Second Sword only effect the damage your second attacks do, or does it boost other stuff?

One of everyone. Or 2 if there are specializations. Atlus better fucking give me more than 30 slots.

deep

Just your second katana.
It also allows you to DOOL WEELD so you need to main class Shogun if you're using anything that involves double weapons.
Unless you're using the Monk trick, at least.

5 Ring Sword uses the second katana, doesn't it?
>Monk trick
What

What would your main party be though?
I mean surely you have a dream party in mind.

Have you guys seen Male Necromancers recolor?

>There are people who do not swap party members whenever they feel like it/for the sake of headcanon/for the situation
I always have rotating members in every EO.

Monks have a bit of an oversight where if you leave the second equipment slot blank and you use a mace/staff/whatever the fuck, they use unarmed damage calculations in addition to their mace damage calculations.
You actually do more damage with Unarmed Mastery capped while doing this. Plus you get both your weapon skill trees available at all times.
Really nifty if you want an offensive monk.

It also cranks monk damage up so high it's possible to outpace some damage classes, specifically due to how unarmed mastery diddles with your damage output.

I prefer to have one main party and one gathering party. It makes it a little easier to make up their personalities for me.

Does it only work with a Monk main, or could you sub a Gladiator as Monk and get the same effect?

That one I don't know. I never really tested with it, truth be told, I just had a really potent healer who could get some damn good lumps in in exchange for an equipment slot.
I still don't understand equipment type bonuses. Is there much for difference between choosing boots, hats, or gloves over each other? Or should you just go for the one with the most defense?

But user! Wasting time to make like 30+ character plots not including other games is perfectly fun!send help this is mentally excruciating and i can't stop

Your armor type determines how fast your turn speed is. Boots usually increase your turn speed while stuff like heavy armor/shields reduce it. Your weapon also effects your turn speed, daggers are usually faster while heavy weapons like maces make you slower.

Interconnect them. Make some mercs.
In this thread we just got a clue that Mercermancer might be connected to blue Alchemist, for example.

I'm planning to have an old man character die when I fight chimera in EOU and pass the leadership to shota gunner, but I don't know what portrait to use. Old man gunner I can't use and no old man WM either

HighMander

That's not a bad idea at all. I kinda wanna use shiitake so I can make him be her father or something

chimera has enough kills, let helloin do it

actually you gave me a idea. I'll use him and kill him at Hellion or Scylla, then replace him with Shiitake.

Thanks user.

I can even pretend the Overlord made him into the Colossus.

Do it user.
Leave a legacy in Shota gunner plowing the shit out of Shiitake too.
Leave seven children who scatter across the series as they grow up.

I've thought of doing that but I like making every member unique and having no overlap. It pains me mentally to have to not make new characters. It's an addiction.

>you will never get /ss/ed by Shiitake
Now this is suffering.

Alright user.
Let me give you some cheap help.
>two siblings that wanted to go for adventure but looked into different schools of war and this is their first time seeing each other since they separated.
>doomed hometown refugees
>Midgard Library
>avenging family
>family honor
>disgraced noble
>just some guy looking for adventure
>only in it for the money
>researcher wanting to catalogue everything
>wants to write stories of adventure
>seeking fame
>Runaway slave who loves the party
>another character's stalker they don't know about
>someone's mom
>in the case of Bronie herbalist dude, LITERALLY CERIC
>blood knight honeymoon
>secretly a Millenom girl
>returning heroes

Sorry user, but shota gunner is already for mediko. I do like when suffering and one sided romances, though, so I'll make shiitake fall for shota gunner but get ntr'd by Mediko

Shiitake is only for farmboy!
Degenerates!!!

>returning heroes

>tfw so attached to my EOU party that I wanna bring them back to EOU2, but I still wanna use new classes

U2 is confirmed in story mode to take place one year after U1
So go nuts.

She only wants him for the sheep.

I know that, but I stll wanna use new classes/portraits.

I might make them comeback for post game, I guess

>So Fafnir can't be a generic in the next game?
No, unless they change Limits to Breaks.
And literally "FUCK YOU" if you want Break over Lucky Hammer, Second Wind and Regroup Tactic.

I want to put Missy's tits to work as the best milk producers in Armoroad!

>Transform can't be made into a skill

You faggots are worse than /vp/'s tendency to follow "muh patterns".

Fucking seriously.

Did you know that analysis got turned from a skill to alchemist's force in EO2U?

Who gives a shit about Pokemon?