/fog/ Fallout General

train edition

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page
[YouTube] Fallout 4 - Mods and the Creation Kit

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB (embed)

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP (embed)

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA (embed)

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh (embed)

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62 (embed)

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy (embed)

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/dfRatvDc (embed)

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD (embed)

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread (Buffscales banned from the premises)
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13929/?
youtube.com/watch?v=3y7dYKzRy6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for i'm gay!

first for space enclave DLC

Considering I stumbled across some shack in the ass-end of nowhere full of stealthboys, with a single CoA banner hanging nearby and some notes with rather kooky handwriting discussing a "new child in the old of Atom" I'm inclined to believe not supernatural at all.

Smelly Assaultron Ass

first for deep sea DLC

Did you actually join the Children? Why?

I would be really surprised if beth didn't give us both a space DLC and a lorenzo alien city DLC in saudi arabia

Gotta say, I feel bad for the person who made that image. They're so butthurt I can almost feel it myself!

Nowhere did they attempt to copy Vault 11

Is it still relevant to start a waifu discussion or has a consensus been reached already?

>I thought I heard him say something about a daughter and then something about a radio. But I could be mistaken, I'm not sure how the two would be connect.
Loving this Far Harbour dialogue so far

Should I start a new game in Far Harbor?

Can I get back without Nick/appropriate quests to get me there?

Where's a good place to CoC to?

why not all three, especially when they could reuse existing assets (vault tec/bunker tilesets for space stations and underwater cities, and the catacombs and institute tilesets for an alien city)

But who was fog mother?

Awww, sun ov a bitch.
Mine would have been first if I didn't take the time to remove the "(embed)"s.

For the last time, Jack Cabot was not talking about "aliens" he even says little green men from space are nothing but popular hysteria.

Jack Cabot was talking about Lovecraftian intelligences, since him, and everything else in that questline, was one giant nod to Lovecraft mythos

>people conversing as if Mothership Zeta is canon

The vault under the middle school. Complete with its own quest that completes when you find the ~terrible secret~ by reading yet another terminal.

ADA and Nora a best

I'm aware but let's get real: beth sees it as aliens

I was friendly with them, so I could trade with them. I also did a handful of quests for Tektus so I could get the cowl. I pretended to join them so I could get access to the memories, and I also lied to Tektus during that inquisition quest. He's certifiably insane, and all I wanted was that cool ass helmet.

*fold

That said I do think there's some sort of supernatural force indirectly tied to the Children of Atom, just that it's not The Mother and most assuredly not something they can actually commune with.

I'm just thinking about shit like the idol in the Dunwich building and those religious fanatics in the Dunwich borers and, well, whatever went down with Lorenzo Cabot.

So, more like an extradimensional alien entity. Not like zap zap "Ack Ack Ack" Mars attacks alien, more like something cthonic, unknowable, and perhaps more akin to the Colour Out of Space than anything else tangible.

Hey, what a coincidence!

Ludicrously insane theory time! Pt1

Far Harbor (as far as I know) is the first time we really get see the Children in detail. The detail I want to focus on first is the vision we had when we drank from the Spring.
We we’re able to see that with our own eyes, and it could be chalked up to as just an hallucination, if it not for the fact that the vision had been had by many other people. Seeing the Mother is documented in the Children’s history on the Island and is a common occurrence. SS never heard of the Mother until AFTER his trip, so his mind didn’t conjure it from memory. We also can’t say it was caused by a drug or something since a drug wouldn’t have that kind of re-ocuring effect, it would effect everyone differently.
So I state that the Mother is real, but what is it apart of? I want to go out on a limb here and say that radiation is not what we think it is in this world. It’s not the product of just science and elements, but rather an effect created by and Eldritch God.
Think about it, in FO3 we had the Pillar. That pillar seemingly made Ghouls at an alarming rate when in close proximity. What else can make Ghouls, the ONLY way to make Ghouls? Rads. So that Pillar had to emit some form of radiation to do such a thing. Now the Eldritch comes into play even more, asides from the towers unknown composition and appearance, is the Book from Point Lookout. The family that owned the book were extremely old, and extremely cryptic. Thats has a bit more than just Lovecraftian tones when added all together. Feels more like obscure story that can’t wait to be elaborated on.
Post to long, figures.

And he's wrong. Zetans exist though

The Vault under the school is nothing like Vault 11, where the fuck did you get that idea from?

>Vault 11: people are asked to sacrifice one of their own every few years to a machine or they would all die

>Vault 75: Genetic testing Vault trying to breed super people via selective breeding and pushing human limits through constant exercise

How are either even remotely the same?

Cont.
We see more Eldritch effects in FO4 at the Bores. Here we experience flashbacks of the past, in a way that somewhat feels similar to the Trip we take in Far Harbor, at the end we can see Ghouls from the past and an Altar holding a savage weapon. What’s on both sides of the weapon? Mini-Nukes, and all their glorious radiation. We see that a raider outside the Bores had some sort of insanity, or was being manipulated, in the end killing himself surrounded by even more radiation.

I want to state that the powers of Atom is intact an Old Eldritch God, either from Pre-war times that manipulate the world into killing itself, or awakened buy the sudden explosions containing the very power it radiates and controls, Radiation.
It was there that it began to whisper, and the people who heard those whispers become the Children of Atom, receiving his blessing to resist the effects of radiation and to carry on the mission to create a world for their Master.

Since the Eldritch come from space I can work in an angle of the Zetans being this Gods enemy, but that gets even more stretched and fan-fictiony than this.

I kinda rushed through this so I can elaborate if asked.
What do you guys think?

I detonated the nuke in the sub Can I go back and loot or is everything just gone?

kek

>I detonated a nuke in an enclosed space, is everything destroyed!?
What do you think?

The experiment isn't the same, it just felt like the same atmosphere with gradually uncovering the story (instead of it immediately being apparent what happened) and the quest completing when you find the final terminal really locked it in.
Maybe "copy" was the wrong word but I just got a similar vibe

I proceeded more or less with the same mentality. My character was a snarky asshole the whole time they were helping the Children, though if ever I should do another run I suspect I may just nuke them.

It saddens me that there's no other reliable way to get ahold of marine armor or wetsuits, though, because I really want to outfit my army of settles out on the coast with them for that character (the one I'm playing right now has no settlements or ties to any settlements, funnily enough).

One cool thing though is that you've never been to visit that group of Children of Atom in the Glowing Sea you can have dialogue with them suggesting that you are one of the Faithful from the church in Far Harbor, and this affects getting information from them about Virgil accordingly.

Nah bruv, They already added the lovecraftian monstrosity in Dunwich.
I'd actually be totally fine with a DLC set around that.
Maybe throw in multiple "explanations" in the DLC as well and never reveal which one is true, like aliens, FEV mutants, psykers, or ancient monsters.
I'd like it for this to be an underlying thing in the DLC's, but not a main plot point.
Like have bits and pieces that hint to eldritch shit that the great war awakened or brought into existence, but never confirm or outright show them.

>All these spelling errors
ducking auto-correct.

I don't care about discussing realism in a game with super mutant and talking ghouls. :^)

Most Vaults in Fo3 and NV were like that

The dumb meme experiments felt more like Fallout to me and I miss them. The Enclave are cartoon bad guys and the Vaults feel off when they try to be subtle.

Far HaboUr*

stupid yanks

Don't tie it into stuff like being enemies of the zetans.
Have it be pure lovecraftian. Unknowable and horrible.
Or more wordly; have Atom be another FEV psyker monstrosity like the master, using radiation to propagate its twisted thought patterns.

No one has ever done the Eldritch right in a game so far, maybe Bethy will be the first.
HA!

neat/10

but sadly bethesda could never write something this good, more likely they'd just go "it was always little green men" and have it be MZ 2

A D A
D
A

I think it sounds good and very well thought out but too complex for Beth

>That shit
>good

vault 11 was the most mysterious
the others you just step inside and immediately know it's le drugs vault or le white noise vault or le evil plants vault

Zetans are just fucked up humans.

To be honest Dunwich borers was pretty gud.

I thought the zetans were aliens.

better than the writing in MZ

if Vault 11 was mysterious, then you are retarded, the tape at the beginning gave the entire thing away unless you were totally brain dead.

That's why I said it was stretching it even more.
What I saw was the Lorenzo's Hat gave him space blood that cured a SHIT-TON of radiation, giving an inkling to why Zetans could be underling to another Eldritch that hates Atom.
We also see them abducting people all throughout time.
Maybe they were trying to preserve shit before Atom got it's Eldritch goo all over everything in an attempt to fight back?
You should see my shit when I actually try
and aren't on the toilet...

zetans are half-alien half-human hybrids made by MJ12, as a precursor to the FEV program. It had to be done in space because it would be impossible for any test subjects to escape. This is where fallout ties into deus ex.

I JUST WANT AN ELDRITCH DLC!

ends with SS waking up on the day the bombs fell, but they don't this time and everything is fine. Making it the last Fallout ever since it never happened.

Sounds loony but entirely possible given Fallout as a series has twisted body horror, ghosts and even ESPers in its pre-Fallout 3 canon. That Fallout radiation doesn't work anything like real world radiation is also a fair indicator that its power and effects blur the line between the supernatural and science-fiction (which are essentially the same given the sort of fiction you read).

Beth loves to toy around with Eldritch stuff which is why it's even in Fallout in the first place. They did "Dark Corners of the Earth" which was a Call of Cthulhu game, and even ignoring that there's Hermaeus Mora in the Elder Scrolls series which may as well be a Great Old One or Elder Deity of some kind. In Oblivion you had an entire village of inbred freaks and lunatics with their own, non Daedric or Aedric religion and a natural hostility for outsiders, and as of Fallout 3 there are hints as to something dark and beyond the ken of the "modern" world.

Don't expect much more than hints, half-explained theories, or brief nods though, because that's the very nature of "Lovecraftian" horror.

it's clear that beth doesn't give any fucks about realism so they might as well do cool things with vaults. Also curie's vault (ie solve every disease ever) is really fucking stupid and totally unrealistic

Saying Mora is an Eldritch is like say Demo-man is subtle.
He has some of the traits looks-wise, but function wise he's nothing like it.
I get what you mean though.

Anyone with the Kalash mod find that it's invisible? What's going on?

but they had a fucking samurai on their ship don't they?

can they time travel? If not, then they have been around since before the US government

Ok lads, since everyone's a shitlord I'm just going to make my own fucking retextures for my slavshit.
>I haven't got a fucking clue what I'm doing.
>I don't understand this program

This is just a test, but I'm planning on doing a more subdued Beryozka top and Partizan-M Autumn pants.

If anyone has any tips on texturing, I'd appreciate it.

Not him but Herma-Mora is the daedric lord of knowledge, secrets, and fate.

He totally fits into the Lovecraftian mythos cliches beyond appearance

>implying time travel would be out of place in fallout

they could use a time crystal on the moon, or just rebuild people from corpses they've scanned

Mothership Zeta was part of the Operation Anchorage and/or Vault 112 simulation

You thought you left but you never did

That's why Maxson and MacCready never mention the Lone Wanderer

Just did DiMA's questline and I have to say I understand the Institute a lot better now. It's on a smaller scale, but he's just like them in practice.

Just a reminder that there were ghosts in one of the old fallouts.. Spoopy shit has always existed on the fringes of the fallout universe, eclipsed by the mad science apocalyptia aspect (and the heavy retro future aspect in beth games)

I mean it in the way how Mora sticks his dick at the DB and holds a debate with him.
In the rare instances an Eldritch shows their presence to a mortal the mortal is fucked beyond repair, not stronger than before.

I need some nice Fallout art for my desktop background. Anyone like to share?
Pic related, it's my current background

What about Mama Murphy doesn't she count as an esper in the same style as that annoying shithead kid under the overpass in NV? All her visions are right and eerily accurate even when completely cryptic.

Well, not entirely. Consider that Mora has a tendency to cause insanity in any that peer into his realm in search of knowledge, and that most mages that do this end up as bodily-altered spooks forever wandering the halls of a vast library containing knowledge of both the past and the future.

His holiest relic is a book that bestows great power IF a person has the strength of will to understand it and the willingness to sacrifice the weakest aspect of themselves.

There's also the suggestion that you can never truly see Mora in his entirety lest your brain burn out entirely, so you only ever get to see a splinter of his being.

Also his worldly servants tend to consist of deep-one looking fishmen motherfuckers that lie in wait in murky, black pools of water.

Good luck Zone vet.

the best

I only pointed out their existence pre Fallout 3 to indicate that Beth isn't really introducing anything "new" to Fallout by suggesting the presence of the supernatural so much as expanding on it. And it's decidedly an X-Files sort of supernatural as opposed to a Supernatural sort of supernatural.

The Dragonborn isn't a mortal though, he/she is an aspect of Lokhan/Shor

Not him but, so is everything else basically.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13929/?

Hmm, alright I guess.

Wat was the weakest part we gave up in Skyrim?

was this ever explained, other than bethesda being lazy and using stock 3d models?

Assuming that either of the Dragonborn Mora comes into contact with are mere mortals is your undoing here. TES lore is shallow on the surface but reasonably deep if you look a little further than just the surface, and there's ample evidence to suggest that not only are these Dragonborn likened unto gods in their own right, but are all essentially the same person.

>people actually believe aliens are not canon to fallout

it's mostly just salty fanboys

Something doesn't seem right here.

Is the Radium Rifle supposed to have such a crazy high fire rate? This is faster than a rapid minigun. I'm not running any mods right now for this DLC.

They're both based off of the same church in California

mods only you enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=3y7dYKzRy6M

The ability to use your hands for anything but swinging axes and spewing fire out of your hands

I think it's because people really want Fallout to just be The Road or Mad Max when it has very little to do with either of those. That fucked up Bakshi movie "Wizards" was even on the viewing list for one of those parties Bethesda had in celebration of Fallout 3's release and that should be a fair indicator they're keen on going balls to the wall crazy with their post-apocalypse at the drop of a pin.

aliens aren't canon but they are also not not canon

in other words it's left vague to allow for sidequests but also not interfere with the main plot arcs bethesda "writes"

Reminder

The radium rifle is a godly weapon and that one being explosive makes it even moreso. The rapid automatic receiver you stuck on it probably helps a lot though, you know.

I've never seen a fucking mirelurk queen die so quickly as when I used one on her.

But 374 fire rate? That sounds bugged.

There is no way they made it fire faster than a modded minigun. I'm checking online now...I think the fastest it is supposed to shoot is 110. Maybe my UI is being fucky with the stats?

My favorite part in Skyrim is when you show up to Shor's party hall and you can't find him there event though everyone swears he's there (because you're Shor)

I don't think you're understanding how gimped the minigun is and how amazing the radium rifle is

I liked it when you reached Sovengarde only to find Tsun guarding the WHALEbone bridge, the whale being one of the Nordic totem animals, specifically the one belonging to Tsun, who is said to have died defending Shor from foreign gods.

Hes literally defending a bridge made of his own corpse

Nah, I just want New Vegas and ruling government politics.

Yep, I just confirmed. Holy shit, that Kiloton rifle is so OP.

I haven't even used it yet, perhaps I should...and finally retire my assault rifle.

does the rad damage affect anything besides humans?

Starting 3rd playthrough. No idea what to do.

What stats?
What roleplay?

Skyrim had a lot of fun little moments like those. People say it pissed on the TES lore in ways Oblivion couldn't even approach but I think they were just subtle enough about it not to scare away the normies while still putting in enough nods to it to make old Kirkbride fanboys like myself smirk and nod.

That's usually how it goes. 90% of the game looks like generic fantasy and then you find SOMETHING that just makes you say "wow, that's pretty cool".

Prime example of that right here. I still remember how many people just wrote this off because it wasn't as overt about what it was doing differently as other games at the time like Wizardry.

Pretty much everything besides humans.

he's got a car.
why don't you??? :^)