/tf2g/ Team Fortress 2 General

Last Thread: >Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/RRENUArS (embed)
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz (embed)
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: trade.tf | bazaar.tf | backpack.tf | tf2outpost.com
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: trade.tf | backpack.tf
Scrapbanking: scrapbank.me | scrapwh.com | scrap.tf
Betting: saloon.tf

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ (embed) | pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB (embed)
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W (embed)

List of people looking to queue up together for matchmaking:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/htmlview

Other urls found in this thread:

tf2.gamebanana.com/scripts/3862
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=186560883
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

demoman

I haven't played in ages and I lost my old scripts so I got this one:

tf2.gamebanana.com/scripts/3862

And I put it on demoman.cfg on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\cfg

Then I made a .cfg for each class and added

" Bind mouse1 +attack Bind mouse2 +attack2 -reload "

As it said on the comments.

But it is crashing my game. Could you suggest me a similar demo script and how to install it? I completly forgot about how to do this shit.

reminder

good first post

pamphlet nooooo
don't fall for it

Switch the shortstop and the faN and that would be something I would agree with
>Solemn Vow in suspect
Is there something I'm missing here I always heard it was shit

poor ole phamph

you get to see the enemy uber % for free

When did that happen? Jeez man that changes a lot

>the third degree, a literal straight upgrade, is a straight downgrade
pyro sure is a class with balanced melee unlocks huh guys

none of these effects look good on your head, MAYBE the hearts but that's gay

unusual weapon effects however are p rad

I can sell c.heart. I can't really sell overclocked.
Had a 1/1 OC berliner's bucket for like a year :/

>the third degree, a literal straight upgrade
It would a be straight upgrade if it had a higher swing speed, all the third degree has is a meh upside and is easily outclassed by all of the pyro's other melees

DID NOT PAY THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS etc.

None of the unusual effects really went with my sets. Almost got an iso flamethrower to put the halloween flames spell on, but I passed. Then they didn't have spells out that year.

Maybe next round of unusual weapons they'll have one I like.

why don't you like dbd

eviction notice lower then GRU
Southern hospitality in UU
beggers and all 3 backpacks in UU along with backburner
basher in OU

>I have never played Comp TF2: The Post

Comp: It's Friday, so... ban Milk!

thats what i thought when seeing the sole existence of the UU category and it's circumstantial gimmick weapons

pls respond

Comp meta is different though. A strong weapon might just be underused/underpowered because of the format and other item bans.

What is everybody's stance on tf2 entertainers? Are you partial to YouTube or streaming? How do you feel about tf2 youtubers? So you think people with minimal knowledge and Adobe primer should be the gods of the game?

>weapon name based on trading

cringe compilation 2016

the b4nny v muselk mge ended the worshipping of youtubers among f2p autists

Never really cared for any of them sorta cared about Funke before he became shit

i kind of want to do tf2 youtube videos but my computer is so shit i have to run it on maxframes and no one wants to watch a sniper main miss most of his shots on 30 fps maxframes in 640x480.

>watch a sniper main miss most of his shots on 30 fps maxframes in 640x480.
Says you

so i just won by a giveaway a ticket for the mann up

shouldi try to win an australium or just get the metal ?

I think having other people be able to pick up your unusual weapons is a good thing, it means I get to see it more often.
You can only see your unusual hat when taunting or in the loadout screen.

>havent played tf2 in 2 years
>reinstall it
>the price of a key has almost doubled
what the fuck?
has there been any other big changes?

the price hasnt changed nigger there is just twice as much ref

Tf2 economy crash and recession when?

>nebula in shit
???

also i never understood why ghastly ghosts jr. and haunted phantasm jr. are so cheap when haunted ghosts is more expensive even though it's objectively worse

Nebula is shit because the hats it's attached to is shit
Which is too bad Tbh

Post nostalgia

dotsy isn't cute

>moonshot someone with sandman
>they conga taunt away

oh yeah that's true. It's a god tier effect but all the hats in the invasion update were fucking shit. Maybe the creator of this image should mention the hats play a role too to avoid confusion

His ID is in the picture. You can tell him yourself.

dotsy is also dumb

The Valvo idea of having specific crate unusuals is brilliant businesswise but not if they are only for the hats inside that crate
If they made the Nebula to be able to be found with other non invasion hats but only uncrateable from the alien crates they'd be making much more retard dosh Smh

They probably could've thought of that if it wasn't a Community update. They probably just made everything tied to the update's hats only out of principle. They probably let the unusual effect through purely because it wouldn't devalue their existing hats.

>claidhem mor
>useless

it's good to just throw on if you don't like the skullcutters speed penalty. good all round beat stick now there's no perm -15hp

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=186560883
>mfw somebody is trying this hard to sell the worst unusual hats

>Posted 17 Oct, 2013 @ 2:57pm

Did this get posted to reddit or something? Why is no one paying attention to the fact this was uploaded THREE FUCKING YEARS AGO

Why is au tf2 so popular

>they've been downloading it since 2007, and just now has it started to finish downloading for them

Prime euro hours definitely help.

getting an australium is almost impossible,just get the metal

Can anyone with a painted Rebel Rouser confirm that the paint shades are slightly different between teams
The Blu version always looks lighter in loadout.tf and I thought that was pretty neat

You need to complete a whole tour, not just one mission, to get a shot at an Australium drop.

Don't bother if you only have one ticket and aren't about to finish a tour.

What do yuro times have to do with aussies playing TF2? Are you saying that they play with each other despite the massive ping differences? That's retarded.

It's probably just because of the fact that it's the only game where Australia is a global power.

Do you think valve will do another wave of festivizers or should i hold onto my 2015 smissmass gift for a year and sell it for a shitload?

its called 2015 so they probly gonna make a nother one for 2016 so I'd hold it until like a week or two before christmas 2016 and sell it then

maybe november. I have a couple so i'll probably sell half and then keep them in my backpack for as long as i can and maybe if i'm lucky some retarded collector will buy them for outrageous prices

Thought you were referring to the OzF final that's on right now. But fair enough, Australia has the best TF2 environment.

It's probably actually the Koreans playing on AUS servers more than the AUS players themselves keeping it alive over there.

Nah, the asians tend to keep to themselves.

>Top the scoreboard because I keep backstabbing this dude over and over
>2 shitters on my team go spy
>He switches to pyro and kills both
>"wow your spies really suck"
>Comes around the corner after typing this and I backstab him again
wew

>2016
>there are still hats in team fortress 2 that aren't all class

Jr.s are disgustingly ugly

let me guess, they have medic crosses on them?

did you record that sounds hilarious

>last video posted on 19th april 2016

Is SiN finally dead?

You can't ever hope someone dies, except degenerates, but I sure hope he can never make videos again if he started GEWP and GEWH

I was more referring to the channel than the actual youtuber seeing that there are some decent videos on there but i honestly wonder what happened to him

No, but i honestly wouldn't mind an all class mountain cap, that hat is sexy

You can't ever hope someone dies, except Visa, but I sure hope he can never make videos again if he started GEWP and GEWH

Yeah, I'm more of a MasterCard guy myself

LOL

>There are people who don't uncase or uncrate

I did for my birthday gift to myself, and I got an Unusual

Never again, though

>tfw a f2p scout with a gibus, pyrovision goggles and an achievement FaN dominates you

FaN nerf when

>some random f2p hitting lucky shots with an unlock = unlock is broken
good logic

Its a constant thing though. f2p holds down the fire button and either sends you off a cliff or just flat out kills you. The extra pellets make it so they hardly have to aim

one guy being consistant with a weapon doesnt make a weapon good either
i do agree that the knockback on the FaN is a bit too strong but in terms of DM the weapon is way harder and limited to use compared to stock
go play on nospread servers

is this a good loadout /tf2g/?

No it isn't because it removes one of scouts most important abilities, his mobility. You can't shoot while in midair without dealing with knockback, making midair combat nearly impossible, limiting your mobility to the ground most of the time. The limited 2 shots per clip also prevents it from being used effectively as a mid range weapon too.

It's a situational weapon at best and gimmicky at worst

No it isn't because it removes one of scouts most important abilities, his mobility. You can't shoot while in midair without dealing with knockback, making midair combat nearly impossible, limiting your mobility to the ground most of the time. The limited 2 shots per clip also prevents it from being used effectively as a mid range weapon too.

It's a situational weapon at best and gimmicky at worst

A Slowpoke and Slowbro?

Egh

What r u insinuating chuckleheads?

I'm making fun of for double posting with .

I'm insinuating that he's stupid.

Okay

i didnt double post, my good retarded nigger
was some other goy in response to some guy talking about FaN
was my post in relation to the pokaman team

remember: always look before you post

I love jokes

why did the spy cross the road?
he never really was on your side

why did demo steal heavy's sandvich?
sandvich is a loose cannon

>play TF2 since 2007 on and off
>never really care for the meta, just whore my Medic to be kredit to teem
>originally Syringe/Medigun/Ubersaw, recently mostly Syringe/Quickfix/Ubersaw
>come here
>see meta
>mfw
So what are the ebin meems I've been missing out on guys? Anything I should know?

Don't bother.

Not much to change for medic.

Just swap out the syringe gun for the crossbow.

>snowycoast
who thought making pl_spawncamp an official rotation map was a good idea?

Crossbow never agreed with me. I like how you can wreck sentries with the syringe gun if you get the chance.

crossbow is objectively better than syringe sadly
vaccinator is fun if you have some competent teammates and are competent yourself
pomson (an engineer weapon) can drain uber because ebin
qf is probably going to get a nerf sometime soon so dont get too used to it

keep at it then, hopefully syringe gun will get a buff when the comp updates in a month or so

there are way worse maps that are valve themselves have made, snowycoast is far from the worst (and definitely not the worst in terms of spawncamping either)

>It's another "wait half a year for the first big update" years

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

valve knows that if they pull that again tf2 is going to take a huge hit in players
they can't afford to lose this much profit that quickly

I know they won't be doing anything until at least a month after overwatch is released but even just one shitty community update would have been enough to hold me over

Hey guys, check out my golden pan that I just brought.

Jelly much?