>Pastebin FAQs
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Attila mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications

>Warhammer
Kholek Suneater Chaos vs Dwarfs (Dwarf POV) -- youtube.com/watch?v=aAMKJzUAX_M
Battle Magic Spotlight -- youtube.com/watch?v=B1p7d_nVBS8
Chaos Warriors Campaign Walkthrough -- youtube.com/watch?v=VKv4A0GA3Qw
First 15 Minutes of the Greenskins Campaign, SPOILERS INSIDE -- youtube.com/watch?v=5et0A5sDwtY
Modding Officially supported -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Modding_Details
Campaign Gameplay Streams (Greenskins, Dwarfs, Empire, Vampire Counts) -- twitchDOTtv/totalwarofficial/profile

Other urls found in this thread:

twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?617756-Want-40-units-fighting-under-one-General-Here-is-how!
vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammerfb/images/c/c7/Warhammer_olde_world_map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130917163104
youtube.com/watch?v=anrvBD4aTGY)
whenc.totalwar.com/#/techs/wh_main_dwf_dwarfs
imgur.com/a/aSFTC#xfkxpH9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So it's basically confirmed that

FreeLC - Bretonnia (Already done, just disabled)
1st DLC - Kislev (Basically done, just disabled)
2nd DLC - Wood Elves

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

Xth for Dwarf spaghetti line armies

IF OUR DAIMYO IS TO BECOME SHOGUN
*bones rattling*
MILITARY RULER OF ALL JAPAN

Reminder that only the popularity of streamers has inflated the views for the game on youtube and Twitch and that it stands to sell worse than Rome II.

Anyone willing to give me a quick guide for the optmal town/city buildings when playing as romans?

When I play germanic factions I do it like this:

Town:

Town building
Sanitation
Fields
trade harbor/resource/artisan

City:

city building
church
Hall of elders
food storage
port/resource/artisan

This works pretty well, but now that I'm trying WRE I'm kinda overwhelmed and I want something similar.

SECRET BRETONNIAN ENCYCLOPAEDIA LINKS:
Also First expansion map outline seen in Encyclopaedia and multiplayer campaign selection ingame and showing Araby,Land of the Dead and Darklands.

Is the white raven adviser guy that shows up in all the cutscense supposed to be the player manipulating things from behind the scenes?

>/v/ is overwhelmingly positive about the game
that is realyl fucking surprising actually. what about Veeky Forums?

>Wood Elves
people itt have been talking about a Wood elves vs Beastemen mini campaign like Ceasar in Gaul

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Is anyone else fairly excited for the fact that the locations for several quest battles are really far away from the associated faction's start position?

I really like the idea of monting an expedition to distant lands to find mythical artifacts, marching through other people's lands and battling distant foes.

Very fantasy.

>Kislev (Basically done, just disabled)

Source? It seems really unlikely that they'd be DLC, especially with Darren lecturing during his stream that giving them content would be a waste of time with other races about (considering he knows the full DLC schedule, his words are heavy).

In my opinion, it's going to go like this in terms of racial DLC:

Bretonnia FreeLC
Beastmen Race Pack
Wood Elves Campaign Pack

That's easy enough.

Kislev isn't done at all. The page has changed it just says "Place holder" now.

Bretonnia is the free faction and I predict a late July release at the latest. Wood Elves in a campaign pack will be after it probably around Christmas time.

Yes

Where are those places supposed to be on the map?

I'm assuming Araby is south of the Southern Badlands

>All those total war youtubers playing TWW with each other, having let's play, random battles
>Getting lots of views even small one with not much subscribers
>PoM get tww copy too
>nobody play with him
>his videos barely get any views even though he have almost 150k subs

KEK

No that's Nekehara where the Tomb Kings are, Araby is west of that

Goddamn Veeky Forums has a CSI team tracking down secrets of Warhammer. I expect a full analysis and updates of the encyclopaedia with every patch post launch at this rate.

PoM?

is this the birth of some dank new me-me?

Kislev has had no work put into it, it uses the same roster as the Empire.

Wait for mods, mods will do the work and let us put in units beyond the official stuff (like actual bear cavalry).

people will probably dig around the game files and find more shit

best mod,41 units per army mod. Will be amazing for TWW
twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?617756-Want-40-units-fighting-under-one-General-Here-is-how!

works for Attila too

Why is this a big deal?

It's probably his mod

Prince of macedon

Anyone tried BotET?

I'm playing as chaos undivided, I think I'm gonna conquer the rest of Norsca, that's probably a good idea.

>Logically, the Dwarfs have more technologies to unlock than any other race, but their tech tree is also the most rigid, as Dwarfs have their own stubborn traditional ways of doing things and are generally wary of progress.
I like it

>Bretonnia FreeLC
Definitely 100%
>Beastmen Race Pack
See below
>Wood Elves Campaign Pack
Yes, I see them as the third faction added(CW are DLC remember) and the second paid for(other than CW). An historical campaign on an enlarged map of Athel Loren facing an AI limited Beastmen roster would make sense. Beastmen as an AI faction would then be added to the basegame with a racepack purchase after it. Wood elves are obviously added to the grand campaign in a 3-4 region Athel Loren which as of launch is a high attrition zone with no conquerable territories.

>I want all my battles to be massive clusterfucks

BIG ARMIES

So CoW Beginning of End Times is out. Suddenly.

Fucking nobody thought of putting the mod into a torrent, the stupid google drive download doesn't work and it takes 12 hours to download it from modb and it's getting interrupted. Thanks whoever told me to wait for this mod.

I WANT CA TO ADD SOMETHING NEW TO BATTLES

its so formulaic and easy with 20 units and it feels outdated
>war is nice and pretty

The Mega downloaded in less than an hour for me

Try MEGA.

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING >tfw not pretty enough for Sigvald's love

M2 Defense Sieges in a Nutshell: Elves Edition.

Google worked fine for me.

Oh yeah, I remember watching him.

He should really market himself more, I've completely forgotten about him after he stopped doing Men of War and Empire/Napoopan stuff

to each his own, thats why we have mods I guess

hope you have fun (and a good pc) with your 40 stack armies user

So how about them warhammers

Reposting

1920×1080

The DirectX 11 build averaged about 45 frames per second on the R9 290 at 1080p. The framerate dropped to 38 to 42 when the camera was taken close to the ground to inspect a group of soldiers and reached a maximum of 51 when pulled out. Meanwhile, the DirectX 12 benchmark averaged 74.8 frames per second. That’s a stunning 66.22% increase. The minimum for the DX12 benchmark was 68.5 frames with a maximum of 81, 30 frames higher than what we were getting in the DX11 custom battles.

2560×1440

The DirectX 11 build saw an average of 32 frames per second on the R9 290 at 1440p. When zoomed out, the framerate ranged between 32 and 37 frames per second. Zooming in to the thick of battle brought it down to the mid to high 20s, with a minimum of around 26 frames per second. Not surprisingly, the DirectX 12 benchmark once again presented a substantial boost to performance. It gave an average of 52.5 frames per second, a 64.06% increase. The minimum hovered at 48 and the maximum reached 54 frames per second.

3440×1440

The 3440×1440 resolution is a spectacular aspect ratio for video games, especially for the 4X/strategy genre. The extra width allows for a broader view of the battlefield and campaign map. There’s something special about having your empire encompass fill your vision. However, all those extra pixels are much harder to drive. The R9 290 struggled to keep up during the DirectX 11 battles, averaging around 25 frames per second. The minimum dropped to 17 frames per second when the camera was moved closer to the action. A maximum of 32 was only possible by bringing it well above the clashes below. The DirectX 12 benchmark was quite a bit more stable. Its average was 41.0 frames per second, a 64% increase, and only varied slightly from that for the minimum and maximum values (39 and 42 respectively).

How do I finally become the Warhammer?

TLDR DX12 increases performance? I thought it would drain your system more?

From what I read of the tabletop the lore of metal which Balthasar Gelt is big in is also a real "fuck you" to any armor heavy army.

It's big among 'normies' from what I've seen. Overwatch is poised to challenge its predominance though.

Those lil islands at the very south-west part of the map are the sorcery islands next to the bay of corsairs. The map is kinda fucked up though with how shallow Araby's coastline juts out. But look at how Albion is presented as right next to the Norscans

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammerfb/images/c/c7/Warhammer_olde_world_map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130917163104
Kislev has placeholders on the wiki. They seem poised to be a FreeLC or some such as you could do them cheaply and quickly compared to a whole new race.

Are you stupid?

We're not disagreeing with the beastmen stuff. It'd make more sense though for the beastmen to be a DLC first, and then for the Athel Loren campaign pack they could be featured, since all the work is already done.

gameranx com/updates/id/54685/article/total-war-warhammer-directx-12-benchmarks/

DirectX 12 sounds nice, but that means I'd have to upgrade to Windows 10

Attila or Rome2?

Is DirectX 12 the saviour of TW?

DirectX12 is an API that allows developers to work closer to the hardware and not rely that much on drivers anymore, basically allowing them to offshot most of the workload on traditionally CPU heavy titles on the GPU (like Vulkan, but Vulkan hasn't taken off yet, here's a video of Vulkan youtube.com/watch?v=anrvBD4aTGY)

Of course they also bring some graphical enhancements, the downside of DX12 is that it requires Windows 10 while Vulkan does not

>mfw r9 290

This is gonna be good

No, I'm uninformed. Hence why I asked.

>download cow
>select race
>game crashes
>restart
>get ingame
>tab out during a loading screen
>game crashes

Nice mod

This.

And we actually have to wait for the dx12 patch aswell.

attila

But wait, the r9 290 has no support for dx12 though

Only the newer cards support it

>you can figure out how many towns a faction has left by opening the diplomacy menu with them and asking for a settlement
Lmao

m2, best total war game :^)

They said shortly after launch, so I remain hopeful

>AND ONLY WHEN THIS IS DONE, WHEN OUR NATION HAS HEALED, SHALL I TAKE UP THE WARHAMMER:TOTAL WAR™ PREORDER NOW FOR WARRIORS OF CHAOS™ DLC

Araby is west of the Land of the Dead also known as Nekehara and is the home of the Tomb Kings. Darklands is beyond the Worlds edge mountains and Skaven(well they live all over),Chaos Dwarfs,Ogres and Greenskins live there.

Pic related map of the world.

surprisingly the game doesn't implode with 40 stack armies

im just trying to let more people know that they have the option of making bigger stacks

You're mistaken, current R9 AMD card can support things like Async compute (Nvidia doesn't, supposedly the 1080 and 1070 coming out soon will) which is a big part of the whole "offload calculations to the GPU"

What is true is that no currenct card supports EVERY functionality of DirectX12

Very nice. I like what they did with the tech tree aswell. I wonder if they will get a civil category similar to Dwarf tech tree due to the fact Bretonnia is all feudal and chivalry system based

PoM is a very hostile guy. He bans people for correcting him and cannot take any criticism.
No wonder that no one wants to play with him.

He recently had a shit fit on the forums about losing to Indypride and ragequit during a warhammer game

That tree is outdated compared to the official encyclopaedia here:
whenc.totalwar.com/#/techs/wh_main_dwf_dwarfs

They've moved things around and edited descriptions.

>get the game early for the purpose of testing and promoting it
>ragequits
I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike him any more than I already did, what a fucking loser.

most filipino-americans I know (admittedly few) are the most chill guys. Perhaps he's pissed that his niche had been eroded by other youtubers now he lost so many by refusing to play shogun 2 etc which is when Heir got popular. Heir seems to be decent at warhammer so seems like Shogun is the closest approximation to it.

Tried that, crashes the moment you select the model in tweak.

>1st DLC - Kislev (Basically done, just disabled)
No, Kislev use Empire units. As does every human faction except Bretonnia and Norsca obviously.

Hey Chinabros how true is this?

imgur.com/a/aSFTC#xfkxpH9

That encyclopedia is so fucking bad, you have to go to every single page to read a single line.

>its so formulaic and easy with 20 units and it feels outdated
You can go over 20 unit battles in Warhammer

Any links? i really want to see that

It will be denied of course, what do you expect.
They never tricked me on ebay though

you can but the stack sizes are what is the alluring part, I mean we can play a game of stack glue or we can just allow a natural evolution of total war by giving more units in a stack for more tactical experience

Good thing it's not CoW. You downloaded the wrong mod senpai.

Kislev aren't going to be any iteration of the game. They confirmed just the 16 factions with army books.

Daemons
Beastmen
Warriors of Chaos
Skaven
High Elves
Dark Elves
Ogre kingdoms
Lizardmen
Empire
Dwarfs
Wood Elves
Bretonnia
Vampire Counts
Tomb Kings
Orcs and Goblins
Chaos Dwarfs

you really think CA has the balls to release a mini campaign with beastmen and then sell them later as a race pack?

>more tactical experience

Adding more units does not make it more tactical, it just turns it into a clusterfuck if you don't abuse the hell out off the pause button.

When the game data finally unpacks and installs there's an offline copy in the game folder.

>>ragequits
he did?!

Not sure about Veeky Forums boviously they don't discuss vidya much but generally there's a lot of optimism in /whfbg/ especially for the final product. I think the rng elements are popular like gambling for winds of magic and how the skills and items are all from the game.

so battles of 5 and 10 are as tactical as 20 right? numbers dont matter!

as long as combat isnt super fast paced you can use normal speed or half-speed just fine

They don't conform anything they just say planning to have all 16 main faction in game
It doesn't mean they not playing to add not main faction too

>he can't controll 40 units
are you new to TW, how can someone suck that bad? it's literally just another stack. it's not hard

>Orcs
>Vamps

Decide for me, Veeky Forums

Nah m8 20 is a good number for what people can reasonably control at once while maintaining tactical cohesion without pausing / slow-mo which you can't do in MP.

Chaos

not him but
>just cuz they didn't say anything about it doesn't mean they won't
they said 16 main factions, word for word. There are 16 factions with rulebooks in 8th edition which is the last edition before age of sigmar. kislev is not one of them sorry bruv. Don't worry I'm sure modders will mod kislev in sooner or l8r

Does arty have ammo? I prefer wen it is unlimited like in Napoopan

Orcs. smash stunties

Vamps. Make the Empire great again.

Yeah. Historical campaign similar to Caesar in Gaul in an enlarged Athel Loren as the Wood Elves and introducing another cool one as AI only with a smaller roster like Chaos Warriors?

That's a good way of making people go "Well...fuck I really want to play them. Here's the $10".

For all we know they might actually wait on Beastmen until the second expansion so they have 4 races per expansion with a landmass similar in size to the base game. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Just upgraded to Windows 10 for those dx12 boosts.

Are you proud of me /g/?

Yea it has ammo but it lasts a while, same for missile units

the point is the battle should get out of hand, you should be caught off guard if I micro better

thats why 40 stacks are better in a tactical sense, youre on your toes like a general would be in the time to break their line or flank

>Yea it has ammo
damn

>but it lasts a while
good