Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/pYdwfntu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2MHWgPhSw0
youtube.com/watch?v=P8oclmFYpPw
youtube.com/watch?v=fQDXoMz4MAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guile a shit.

Is Vega hard to learn? I'm pretty new to fighting games, have only really played Ryu till Silver.

Learning both Claw and no claw seems tricky or is it not so bad?

>new to fighting games
>silver
fuck off

>4 days

hypothetically meeeee on the left

>less that 50000 between both consoles
Jesus, hopefully after this they step up their game, and release a fighting game that won't make me want to shoot myself when played competitively

Yamazaki is the only non shit KoF design.

shes not really the most noob friendly character but she should be too hard to learn

It's not bad, but you'll have to live with being helpless on wakeup

>Getting hit without being given the chance to react when it's how 99% of mixups work just doesn't make sense
what? most mixups are unreactable, that's what makes them mixups

if you let someone get their offense started you deserve to get put in a mixup situation that's in their favor

33h actually

It's not that bad all characters have different combos depending on the distance/opponent, Vega is a decent beginner character the real issue is that you might learn bad habits because of his great autopilot neutral.

Umm back the fuck off??

Can't wait. They just need to add bridget and revelator will be perfect.

wat

Rugal is pretty hardgay and you know that.
Still kinda cool.

Fight me

>you get one bar for free whenever one of your characters dies

comeback mechanics reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>Autopilot neutral

What?

>be lowly silver
>play ultra gold gief
>lose to them
>they mash on rematch
>body them in the rematch
>ragequits
Tell me why exactly this is allowed?

Fuck you leatherman

Not really. Be prepared to learn to use your v-reversal

>le yakuza guy who doesn't give a fuck
Perfect match for user

Why does he have suspenders if he doesn't use them to keep his pants up?

>what? most mixups are unreactable, that's what makes them mixups
Can you tell me the games you play? Because they're clearly reactable (or supposed to) in mine.
It's a mixup because it tests their reactions.

>if you let someone get their offense started you deserve to get put in a mixup situation that's in their favor
Except instant overheads are done from neutral, and a reactable mixup mid-pressure is still at the advantage of the one doing the offense, doesn't mean it should be a free hit either.
Otherwise, like I said, why not add 8f overheads?

SF4 battle designerwww

Why doesn't capcom just stop outsourcing to Koreans?

Wanna start playing in versus fighting for the first time. Is Kof14 a good game to start ? With just a ps4 controller

because they want to save money
because they don't care about the game
and neither should you

>Is Kof14 a good game

pardon me user, pure rookie here, don't get a shit about vsf

Whens that Revelator exhibition with Kazunoko?

I can't get her input for the tenko thing down. I want to play her but I suck

What games do you play where all the mix-ups are reactable?

Because it's cheaper to outsource.
If the fans don't expect a quality product, why spend the extra money when they are gonna buy it anyway?

not kusoge?

Trick question, he doesn't play games.

>Can you tell me the games you play? Because they're clearly reactable (or supposed to) in mine.
VSav, SFA2, ST, 3S

3S probably has the most reactable mixups out of all those games (a lot of overheads are fairly slow, though there are also overheads like Dudley's)

most overheads in A2 are also really slow but (afaik) throws are instant and teching doesn't nullify throw damage entirely so they're a very potent and unreactable mixup option

>Except instant overheads are done from neutral
depends on the instant overhead, and some are unsafe on hit

Such as?

rude

>kim overhead xx hd combo was really strong in xiii
>he can now do it 5 times a round in xiv

PRETTY MUCH ANY GAME THAT ISNT SHIT?

Like?

Give some examples.

He wastes meter every time it's blocked, and thus the combo he gets out of it, if it connects gets weaker every time.
Block high.

Will Alex Valle ever admit that SF5 has problems or does he have to suck capcoms dick as much as possible?

Not shit games

in how many hours is stunfest?

Valle makes a living from being "Mr. Street Fighter".

For example?

will GG shiteaters ever talk about their own game?

when you stop posting vaginas in /fgg/ is the day valle will call out capcom

What a stupid question of course he won't

I think this is like one of those trick riddles, where the answer is no game.

Soul Calibur :^)

This is wrong. It's not cheaper to outsource. South Korea has high wages aswell. It would have been cheaper to have developed it all in-house. The issue was deadline. They had their eyes set on early 2016 and therefore had to outsource to make it happen, even if it cost them more.

sf5 is literally his income right now

>people are literally defending 8 frames

at what point does it no longer become ok when capcom does it?

Well, at least the ones that were intended, I doubt they expected Merkava's safejump or DFC's assist crossups that were later fixed.
UNiEL, DFC, I'm pretty sure every grounded overhead in SFV are reactable (or would be if 8f delay wasn't a thing) but shitty devs tend to be fond of shitty outdated shit like crossups, Persona maybe? I don't have the framedata here but they did nerf the overheads that were too fast like Chie's.
Command grabs are a specific case, since you can jump them and so have a 1f escape
VSAV2 and ST don't have that so yeah pure trash etc etc.
You can really only look at grounded high/lows because that's the only ones that you are sure as intended, unless there's something like Baiken's air special that no one could have thought wouldn't be used as an instant overhead.

ST is trash, VSAV that one is a given (and also an example of why we can only look at grounded overheads, is BBHood's instant j.MP intended? Then why does it whiff on QBee?), but yeah otherwise overheads are clearly slower than other moves. They can't be slower "just because", if it's to let you mash, what's the difference with making them punishable on block? Both are "guess right>punish".

>All this [LOUD FRENCH NOISES]
>All this ghetto stream

Tbf Valle plays the based PC version

Not sure where these other guys are coming from but I think vega is one of the harder characters to play in SFV by a fair margin. I don't really lose to vega's very much at all, and I usually beat a couple of super platinum vega's whenever I see them in ranked or lobbies. When they win it's usually because they did a random ex-walldive and I fucked up avoiding it or hitting them in the air (in other words, they do dumb gimmicks like cross-up ex slash that every vega did in SF4).

His anti-air game is weak as well, to the point that you're better off doing air-to-airs rather than trying to get into just the right spot to land an anti-air HK or cr.HP.

Just my opinion though.

If capcom abandoned SF4 for SFxT instead of trying to keep both alive at the same time would we all be playing SFxT right now and paying for 1/32 meter autoblock gems?

youtube.com/watch?v=c2MHWgPhSw0
youtube.com/watch?v=P8oclmFYpPw

How do I react to these? I'm not a computer.

PC version still needs to force off the vsync through an ini and I doubt Valle does that.

He did mention the PS4 version felt laggy after FR19 too, but he's shut up about it since then.

They do, WNF has v-sync off

Is Hilda just Nu?

Source?

I'm sure it was said somewhere that he does turn it off.

Although doing anything about v-sync if you're a tourney player will just hurt you.

>Gief is bad

My favorite meme

I'm pretty sure Snake Eyez mentioned it on stream

will try find something more definitive

gief would be alright if he could build enough meter for super every round.

Someone mentioned infil and poongko aren't attending to stunfest because there's some Esport event happening in Korea this weekend but there's no sfv crash afaik. Do you guys know what esports event is happening in korea?

You actually read my post instead of memeing.

what makes an anime picture sniffable?

Would be nice to know for sure.

stop responding to him idiot

>Can you tell me the games you play? Because they're clearly reactable (or supposed to) in mine.
It's a mixup because it tests their reactions.

What did the cross-dressing idiot mean by this?

Stop responding to him idiot.

Ibuki/Balrog trailer on stream today?

>Well, at least the ones that were intended, I doubt they expected Merkava's safejump or DFC's assist crossups that were later fixed.
>You can really only look at grounded high/lows because that's the only ones that you are sure as intended, unless there's something like Baiken's air special that no one could have thought wouldn't be used as an instant overhead.

How did you expect to know by only reading half of my post?

These are my favorite fighting game characters, ______ and _______ from ____________

they haven't shown off characters at any event yet
they don't give a fuck, it'll be out whenever they feel like it

Tuesday to attract away 5 people from Overwatch

youtube.com/watch?v=fQDXoMz4MAQ

Snake mentions it here but that's all I can find

Valle definitely turned V-sync off in USFIV so I'd imagine he did the same with V

Ryu and Ken from fighting street

So you can react to every mixup by changing the definition of mixup to only contain stuff you want to count and by leaving unreactable stuff outside of it?

The Granblue crossover is the best thing ever.

Paul Phoenix and Eddy Gordo from Tekken

>gran and gran
What did he mean by this

Will Overwatch really be that good?
I got into the closed beta and it was a lot of fun for one week but it became really repetitive afterwards.

more sniffs

The crazy thing about the v-sync on PC versus console is that you could even notice the difference between xbox360 and PC versions for SF4, and that difference was pretty minor. If I remember correctly, there was only a 2 frame difference between xbox and forced off v-sync on PC, but I could still feel it, and it really messed up my timing on anti-airs and links. I had to fiddle with the PC version to get something that was almost the same as xbox so I could play both without having to readjust constantly.

get a few m8s together in mumble and run a 6 lucio team

By only counting stuff that I can be sure was inended by the devs.
Shoul we analize the imlications of the SFV corners giving different results? Nah, because it's clearly not intended.

Clesta is my favorite footsies artist

if you're a tourney player you need to have the PS4 version, I'm pretty sure PC with v-sync on has more input delay than PS4

Does lucio's power stack?