/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension:chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension:addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing
- Booru:booru.splatoon.ink

>News
- Team Fancy has won the first Global Splatfest!
- New Amiibo have been announced for the Squid Sisters, as well as recolored versions of the previous Amiibo lineup, coming in July!
- A new weapon has been announced, the 'Corocoro Roller', a Splat Roller equipped with Splash Walls and Inkzooka. More details about it will be released in time.

> FAQ
-pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
-pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr :
-splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki:
-splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats:
-splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0dZpaQB1mwbFwwPP
discord.gg/0hRffD2svs3XWdZm
youtube.com/watch?v=htDrZGakmko
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oh man now thats a good OP pic

Callie is not smart!

>tfw make new thread but have trouble getting the link
>only get it after this gets posted
>you cannot delete this post
why

That's not very nice.

I know the feel. Just ignore it and it'll slip away.
Also that thread still had that troll video in the OP

Where's that discord link

leaked weapon??

In universe I can see there being matches featuring multiple teams. All you'd need is a bigger arena and more respawn pads

Well she isn't; a recurring notion is that she's a sweet yet ditzy little klutz.
Forgetting things, prone to accidents, lack of common knowledge...
Even accidentally blowing her and Marie's cover as Agents.

they've all expired

Would it be nice if I announced all your regretted and yet true flaws?

here's a fresh one sorry
discord.gg/0dZpaQB1mwbFwwPP

Annie!

Callie's faults only serve to make her even cuter.

but that post doesn't say that.
i don't see how that affects it.

expired

discord.gg/0hRffD2svs3XWdZm

Seems Callie will never stop getting Bomb Rush art.

This one has been confirmed to be expired

Ink Link Ling Magic

In case Discord is not some sort of boogeyman, you can use discord.me to create links that don't expire and have a cool URL

Now I finally get it. Thanks.

no you are banned

Also Splatfest is completely different. Now players are divided by Rank rather than just being randomly shuffled together. Some see this as a good thing, since now they're met with an actual challenge and worthy opponents, others see it as a bad thing since they can't bully noobs anymore.

Also it seems they may be deliberating merging the regions to have larger, single Splatfests.

Anybody want to squad next rotation

Walleye/Port Zones

NNID Yulwei

plan to play for an hour or 2

How do I create an invite to the specific discord? I don't see it in settings.

>Splat Zones
No, thank you.

Reminder that Callie and Marie squids are pink and green, not black and white

The OG Ranked mode
The most balanced
The most skill based

let me just say that i think this is the most embarrassing mistake i have ever made translating
i have made a couple of translations featuring moyashi's characters, moyashi herself and ikakochan
and thus the notion that moyashichan (who i thought up to this point to be ikakochan) was a childish character who was referring to themselves in the third person is false
instead it turns out that the REAL ikakochan does this (at least i think so but with the "revelation" i just had i can't be sure)
i don't know how i made this mistake but uhhhhh here's a comic

Just goes to show how much more control adult inklings have over their form and colour that they can have a base colour and just have their ink colour as a highlight/accent

black and white are too boring.

If a twin is fine until you get more, added. Probably won't play for an hour though.

No, their INK is pink and green. Their Squids are assumedly black and white, same as their dominant color.

Twin is fine with me.

Accepted and squad up

That would make sense

No they're really pink and green.
youtube.com/watch?v=htDrZGakmko

The new Super Mario Maker update shows their squid forms are pink/green respectively.

Post more glorious leader please

How would that make any sense
fuck off

Kill octoscum

die

Black and White are too boring a colour to give their two popular characters.

Now we have
Red: Callie
Yellow: Woomy (Orange)
Blue: Yebbi
Green: Marie

>callie red
>woomy even close to yellow

>Two unique colors available to no other squid
>Boring

s/hot/spicy/g
s/fire/wasabi/g

I honestly can't tell if ya'll are just memeing at me or actually feel this strongly about it

I highly doubt the Mario Maker team has a definitive say on Splatoon's canon.
I'm gonna wait for Spla2n to give us a final answer.

>callie squishing her tentacles like that
oh ffffffffuck

Both.

Given their amiibo ink is pink and green is would make sense and I assume the splatoon team had some input on how they would feature in mario maker too.

Although that's all speculation and nothings clear until it's confirmed.

no one likes octolings
not sure if you know this but they're both made by the same company and work off of official merchandise

>memeing

I love this artist

We KNOW their default ink color is pink and green, but that doesn't reflect what their squids would look like.
If you look at the colors they assume during each Splatfest, the end of their tentacles change color while the main body remains the same. Their sign of an active color is the opposite of the other Inklings.
Therefore it makes sense that their squid forms are also mainly black and white, with the ends of their tentacles pink and green, same as normal.
But as you say, all unconfirmed speculation.

>Nintendo game shows Callie and Marie's squid forms
>No no no they're wrong we don't really know
The fuck?

>All Nintendo games are made by the same people
Really dude?

>No no no they're wrong we don't really know
Let's dream until the very end.

callies tentacles are so perfect

Has about as much merit as Smash Bros influences canon in their respective games.

You're free to have your headcanon.

Reply to this post with images of squids you want me to thicken.

the only part of the woomy that matters is the tentacles

(You)

Wait a minute. Please refrain from posting (You). I'm expecting replies.

Get your agree-to-disagree cancer out of here.

>pick the longest long-range weapon
>shoot at the zones
>win

I prefer RM and even TC.

>agree-to-disagree cancer

samefagging HARD

Sure thing m8.

it's ok user, i like octavio too

They're both by Nintendo EAD. I will concede that they are not both made by the same software development group of EAD; however, they're very closely related.
I'd give you the argument if you had any sort of counter-evidence proving that Callie and Marie have black and white tentacles, but your only refutation is that my evidence doesn't count as evidence because they're not by the same people.
I don't recall Smash Brothers ever adding any new facts to the lore of their contestants that couldn't be refuted with actual evidence.
In addition, many inconsistencies can be chalked up to making the characters fit for a fighting game, i.e. from a gameplay standpoint. What possible purpose could it serve for Nintendo to make the Squid Sisters' squid forms the wrong color?

Can I play?

>counter-evidence proving that Callie and Marie have black and white tentacles
kek
Do you even play, bro?

Pretty much this. It's no longer an issue of White Kirby,

I dunno. Time will tell.
As it stands, I have a few reasons for why it would at least make sense for them to be Black with Pink/White with Green and not Pink with Black/Green with Black. As of now, there is no 'wrong color'. I will stand that it seems like an undecided trait by all parties as opposed to something the Mario Maker crew directly sought approval for.
None of the official Splatfest art has shown them as Squids either, although there were many opportunities for it. It just seems like an aspect to their design that was never concluded, and I don't consider this final.

Need one more Tri = Die

Whoops. That their SQUIDS have black and white tentacles; sorry about that.
What actually is correct overshadows what seems correct. Just because they SHOULD have black and white squid forms by your logic by no means refutes real, "photographic" evidence that they're pink and green.

Last game. GGs

Added

do people still even play this game ?

for some reason I find this game so boring after a couple matches

Black and White Squids might have a hard time hiding in Pink and Green Ink.

You may think poor evidence is better than no evidence, but I'll still refute it.

that is simply not true

Same. The race to level 20 was good.
There was too much time between being level 20 and the patch to level 50 that I already bought and upgraded all the gear and weapons as well as maxed out the Aerospray RG.

The Squid Sisters are masters of their forms; achieving their fully-'human' states in early childhood are proof of that. I wouldn't be surprised if their qualities were unique.

Tri is fine. As long my rank doesn't derank.

You probably shouldn't be Squadding if you're below S Rank for that reason.

let's post favorite maps and abilities and try to guess our favorite weapon
>dome
>swim speed
>damage up

Whoop Whoop

Quad Squad is up. I think we may wind up being 1 short again

Are you out because there's enough for a quad with you

I know that. S+ reporting.

Best charger for this rotation is definutely the kelp

That's a cool OP.