/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Previous dream: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

VILEBLOODS OUT

anyone wanna help a bro with defiled pthumeru?

It would have been pretty cool if Hemwick looked exactly like that.

Give me a pass, friend, I will try to help.

pass: friend

The tower in the stars, hidden now from sight... Ah, the wheel, of course!

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm going off of, like, five-year-old memories of this shit.

>Twin princes

Mah nigga, favorite boss fight in Dark Souls 3. But still, 5 out of 19 bosses being gimmicks is a lot.

Is the Orphan kin?

It kind of does. That view is almost exactly the one from the first lamp, but it's more black than brown ingame.

no.

kin are great one hybrids or ascended humans

orphan of kos is a great one, therefore not kin nor beast

I am ringing at the layer one lamp!

why not just SRRC?

How would a fire whirlymeme and bolt saif be to compliment an arcane wheel/hmls build?

Both have pretty good arcane scaling so go for it.

depends on if it's pvp or pve

saif for pvp
whirlygig for pve

Well I figured having a fire pizza cutter would be nice simply cause it's the best beast destroying weapon in the game. And a bolt saif just to mix it up with a smaller, fast weapon.

Okay, I was do shite dmg thought it was gems that reduce dmg to Kin but I guess Orphan is a motherfucker.

I just happen to have it open

yeah.

he's especially tough from NG+ onwards.
i had trouble in NG, but in NG+ that shit was ridiculous

google search someone's open chalice glyphs and create one at an altar, no ritual mats required and you can farm the chalice again

first day of fighting kos (ng+ for first time in dlc)
he doesn't seem as hard as i though
>first 3 tries dying at 50% (first using all flasks , second with 12 flasks , third with 18 flask
now i was just dying randomly to stupid shit for getting cocky
best tries dying at 15%

OoK user, did you get him?

I wish Upper Cathedral Ward was bigger and had some unique enemies. The spooky atmosphere with the music and the buildup as you go over the bridge at the start are both perfect.

thanks bro, you're welcome to come to the next layers if you're interested

What hat/hood is this hunter wearing?

yharnam hunter cap.

Yharnam Hunter. Blood covered and half obscured by the Tomb Prospector chest's collar.

so, guys, what weapon should i get to +10 next?

so far i got the Holy Moonlight Sword, the Burial Blade, the Tonitrus and the Saw Cleaver.

it's a mild arcane build

It's the collar that threw me off, it looked like Henryk's set

>Amygdala is kin

What does it mean?

So is the Rom in the chalice dungeon just reused for gameplay reasons or is there a story behind it?

It's not, though.

Any of those save the tonitrus. I always get the cleaver and Holy Moonlight Sword to +10 happens every playthrough

Is there anyway at all to get the Shhh! gesture or am I fucked completely?

I just got the Approval gesture for saving this fucking Crow, but I reset my file because I didn't get a gesture from Old Yharnam.

Fuck.
Fucking Crow. Bitch is standing right in front of me and all she talks about is hunting hunters.

no, i allready have all of those to +10

i'm thinking beast hunter saif.

Shhh! is given when you speak to eileen in the cathedral ward prior to engaging henryk.

There's more than one Rom, just like there are multiple Amygdalas.
You can find another one in the altar of despair.

Anybody wanna help me with ludwig on NG+? my first time on the DLC.
Pass is beebeeg

Basically I'm fucked?
Fantastic

You shouldn't be able to get Approval without getting Shhh!

If you save-scummed and it glitched into getting you to the point where you can get Approval without getting Shhh!, then yes you've fucked it and will have to wait until NG+

that's a statue.

there's only one Rom. and Rom is kin because it's an ascended human, not a great one.

amygdala isn't kin

Oh duh, sorry about my reading comprehension today.

I like that, do that

>that's a statue
It's not, you can even see tomb mould growing on its surface.

wtf killed you?

FUCKING TRAPS

coming

maybe it's a failed rom, since Rom is an experiment from byrgenwerth.

Maybe the church was trying to emulate it

Got the platinum in Dark Souls 3 so decided to go back to Bloodborne for a bit until the DLC Comes out and HOLY SHIT! I Forgot how much i loved this game. BB is my favourite game of all time with DaS3 behind it but there's a pretty big power gap between them.

The Music, level design, bosses, the weapons, THE FUCKING COMBAT all fucking stellar.

Do not expect the world to grasp our work. But remember, the confederates will always have my blessing. And each other. Always.

I just bought a PS4 just for bloodborne! I hope I get to play with you guys. Any way to increase the framerate?

Pthumerians did for the first time everything that Byrgenwerth and the Church achieved later, they even had their own celestial emissaries.
It's possible that they also had their own Rom(s).

Reposting because I'm dumb.

>There's more than one Rom, just like there are multiple Amygdalas

The corpse of a Rom-like creature (who could be the actual Rom's corpse for all we know) does not mean Rom comes in multitudes like Amygdala does.

It definitely does.

Impossible. Rom became what she became because of Kos, according to Micolash, and we learn through the DLC how Byrgenwerth acquired the knowledge to turn Rom into a Great One directly from Kos. Or from the scooped out remains of people she affected.

this is actually not that bad with fire resist gear

Why does Micolash worship Kos? Does he not know she's dead?

Rom isn't a great one. She is kin. She ascended, but is not a fully fledged great one, since she is vacuous.

The Pthumerians were the first ones who came in contact with the great ones.
They have their own kin and their own Rom.
Rom can even reproduce and create smaller spiders similar to it, it's not a unique creature.

I have seven bloodborne threads open on /v/ alone
Such insight is rather rapturous

What does it take for you to 'foul' a note?

>Why does Micolash worship Kos? Does he not know she's dead?
Are we sure she is though?

You'll have to tell us what kind of character you want to play, or which weapons you used that you really liked.

When people post rude stuff near the characters I like.

She's classed as a Great One, kin or no, just like Ebrietas is. She's not an original recipe ascended Great One, no, but she can alter reality and hold back Moon Presence from doing his thing and she's called a Great One in as many respects as any other Great One is called a Great One so let's stop being pedantic.

Coming into contact with the Great Ones does not mean they knew and met every single Great One, user. Creating smaller spiders similar to it is not the same as creating full-fledged clones. Rom is a unique being created via Byrgenwerth's research into Kos.

If we follow your logic there are multiple Ebrietases and multiple humans-turned-slug Great Ones made via consuming cords and killing multiple other Great Ones. Your logic is retarded.

>When the carcass of Kos washed up on the coast, its insides were teeming with tiny parasites, unlike any found in humans.
She ded

Not really sure which character to play, I was thinking I'd try out bloodtinge, seems neat. But my last build was pretty much just saw cleaver and Hunter's axe. Ludwings Holy Sword/Blades of mercy are pretty dank too. It would be cool if there was a way to get the scythe without beating the game first.

>Coming into contact with the Great Ones does not mean they knew and met every single Great One, user
Nothing implies that they didn't know about Kos.
>Rom is a unique being
So unique that you can find other specimen in chalice dungeons and other levels in the game.
You're ignoring clear, irrefutable evidence to force your headcanon in the game.

heh, couldn't finish the dog

I've got to go but when I get back I can post some builds for bloodtinge. Also you can get the burial blade without going into NG+ by triggering the moon presence fight and using a bold hunter's mark after killing Gherman and getting his badge.

She is no more a great one than the celestial emissaries.

And if think those are great ones, well...

Yes they are, the trophy confirms.

We see what happens when humans come into contact with Kos at the Fishing Hamlet. Nothing in the Pthumerian ruins holds any resemblance to anything found in the Fishing Hamlet.

Therefore, they did not come into contact with Kos.

>So unique that you can find other specimen in chalice dungeons and other levels in the game.
Outside of chalice dungeons you find a corpse that could even be hers in the Altair of Despair and Rom in Moonside Lake. That's it.

Inside the Chalice Dungeons you find multiple cases of enemies repeating where it doesn't make any sense for them to be, such as Ebrietas, who is referenced repeatedly as a unique entity. Are you suggesting Ebrietas is one of many as well?

You're the one ignoring clear and irrefutable evidence.

Also I'm sure there are other people here who can post BT builds in my steed.

So I know if I go to Djura from the darkbeast Paarl lamp he'll be friendly, but the only way to get the bag guys to start showing up is to kill blood-starved beast?

Kin cannot be great ones. The few confirmed great ones (moon presence, orphan, ebby, amygdala) are not kin.

Kin are either hybrids or ascended, through the use of great one blood and insight. However, since they aren't great ones, they're vunerable to kin damage.

Rom can alter reality and has enough power to hold back the influence of Moon Presence, a true Great One. Rom is much more powerful than the Celestial Emissary.

But if you want to be pedantic about this, then yes, the Celestial Emissary is a Great One as well.

>Nothing in the Pthumerian ruins holds any resemblance to anything found in the Fishing Hamlet
Because in that case it wasn't communion, Kos completely changed their environment, and it's implied that they consumed her parasites (you can find thousands of them in their nets).
>you find a corpse that could even be hers
There's zero evidence that it's her corpse.
>Are you suggesting Ebrietas is one of many as well?
No, it's the same Ebrietas that the Choir found for the first time in the Dungeons.
You find her for the same same reason why you meet pregnant queen Yharnam; you're in the nightmare realm, seeing events from the past.

Ebrietas is kin, genius. That's why she was abandoned and didn't ascend with the others.

And lo and behold, she's a confirmed Great One.

The trophies state that both Rom and emissary are great ones.

beat Kos's orphan yesterday and have Eileen, Gehrman, and maybe the MP to fight, do I really need to do the chalice dungeons before going into NG+?

Chalice Dungeons carry over into NG+ you can do them literally whenever you want.

You can do them whenever you want, dungeons are not affected by NG cycles.

>There's zero evidence that it's her corpse
And there's zero evidence that it isn't.

>You find her for the same same reason why you meet pregnant queen Yharnam; you're in the nightmare realm, seeing events from the past.
There is zero evidence that dungeon crawling takes place in a Nightmare Realm seeing events from the past. Stop inserting your headcanon.

Kill blood starved beast without killing Djura
get kidnapped
go kill darkbeast
enter old yharnam through the big door after the darkbeast
get to djura and talk to him

i know that they carry over, just wondering if it matters if i do them before NG+

>And there's zero evidence that it isn't
That's what Occam's Razor is for.

>There is zero evidence that dungeon crawling takes place in a Nightmare Realm seeing events from the pas
Yharnam is still pregnant with Mergo.

Why wouldn't that be her corpse? Seeing as the ORPHAN of KOS is pretty much birthed from it.

Yes. You need to run past him and kill BSB, then sneak up behind him after Paarl afterwards, without killing any beasts along the way.

Djura has a short memory.

The orphan of Kos came out of Rom's body?

You can get a scythe from Chalice Dungeons before beating the game but by the point you get it from one, you've almost beaten the game anyway.

Yeah, the blood covering the dress right around her stomach and vagina really screams still pregnant.

You're misunderstanding the conversation, user.

I should clarify, without killing any beasts between Paarl and Djura. Before that you can go nuts.

Her big, round belly and the screams of Mergo that come from it do.

fuck that dog

Well, DS3 was meh so I just came back to BB.
What does the future look like for BB? I've seen the Miyazaki interview but is there any hope at all for BB2 or even a SotFS type release for the Neo?

Not at all, they're basically entirely separate things.

>That's what Occam's Razor is for.

The Altair of Despair brings the dead back to life. You have to have killed Rom before reaching the Altair of Despair.

Occam's Razor.