/mcg/ - Minecraft General

Flamingo edition
Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, mods, modding drama, projects, seeds, building ideas, modding drama...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

btm.asie.pl
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/238891-dynamic-surroundings
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wew

2nd for bugs.
And accidentally making a second ded.

Minecraft is kill

how come the modded game gets less than 60 fps with i5 3570K, 16GB ram, and GTX 770 4gb?

>Java.
>Notch was a genius coder apparently, but bumbled his way through it.
>modern mojang doesn't know what the fuck they're doing and is just trying to scrub notch from minecraft
>modders just stealing each other's code instead of bothering to learn how the forge API works.
>forge not having that much in the way of documentation.
etc.

spaghetti incompetent dev code topped with amateur dev code meatballs

page ten already lmao

now here's a system that's impossible to work with, IC2's steam turbine.

you either have to be an engineer to get it to work or fucking be rainman.

From the BTM16 preparations in December 2015.

badly coded mods?
I'm on a FX6300/20GB ram/GTX 660 2GB and the gpu never have to go lower than P5 to push out 120 fps

stay away from mods that try to make up for their lack of substance with large animated multiblocks and such, and you'll be fine

what is BTM?

id rather have a multiblock structure that adds a bit of depth and promotes big building than building huge rooms and have nothing to fill them with

are there and mods that add only music? i like c418, rotoarycraft adds some good music but i dont want to add another tech mod

An in-game convention in Minecraft about modding. btm.asie.pl

>multiblocks
>not the best thing ever

_animated_ multiblocks
minecraft does not seem to be very good at efficiently swapping out textures quickly, nor at animating models

Animated multiblocks really don't cause any more lag than a carpenter block mate

I was thinking about how to make multiple "characters" on the same single player world sort of like an rpg.
For example I would do thaumcraft with one character, and then have another character follow some other mod and have their builds and actions still be there in the same world.
Is there any safe and reliable way to do this?

the sync mod sort of works i guess.

What is the point of this? Not like there's stats in this game to develop separate characters

I just think it's fun to make up different characters. Like "this character lives in this town and he's a wizard and this other character lives somewhere else and he's a technology man".
There really isn't any point or in game gain from it, I just enjoy making up characters in my head.

>playing on skyfactory 2.5 serb
>working on a big big reactor
>struggling to get the niter for cryotheum
>almost finish getting some niter crops
>server dies
>come back
>finish crops
>have to gather by hand because no power
>start to make cryotheum and magma crucible it
>serb dies again

>actually playing skyfactory

It's like you people will play any plate of shit put in front of you just because it's new and from FTB.

They're really putting FMP into Forge. They really fucking did it. 1.8 and 1.9 are the most bloated versions ever but hey let's just ram some more shit right up its ass to make it even worse.

It was a nice run, but modded Minecraft is as good as dead.

put fluid ejector upgrades on the condenser, and turbines to direct the distilled water flow

>Implying we play it just because FTB
I'm not him, but i've been waiting for it before they switched from ATLauncher to FTB.
Also
>Stop liking what I don't like

meh, if done right (aka. not by King Neckbeard himself) it may be the best solution

I just hope it's based on Chisel&Bits

>that disgusting smug face
honestly i think she was shit person and she deserved what she got

You were waiting to play a Bacon Donut modpack before FTB picked it up? Do you think this somehow makes you sound better than if you played it for being FTB?

I hope you didn't pay money for it, Bacon likes to charge for mods he didn't make.

The best solution is *no microparts*. People forgot how to play without them. They're always going to run poorly compared to static blocks. No exceptions.

All packs i've seen released were free. Besides, the pack was supposedly ready for release over a month ago, and once they decided to go with FTB, it was released in a week. Don't know what grudge you got against FTB, and I don't really care. I just play the packs for the fun, it doesn't matter whose name it was released under.

Floor 1 is done

So far, nothing but a 2 high TC smelter and an IE coke oven, but I've left plenty of room for piping/IE conveyors when the ability comes

I do need more bricks for some of the back walls, though

Playing anything from FTB is like buying a new Windows PC. You have to strip out all of the extra garbage and custom shit they preinstalled to get a decent experience. But at that point FTB refuses to support the pack if you have any problems, so why bother?

>Yeah, I removed the resource intensive HATS, but I ran into a crash when doing "X", any ideas?
>Fuck you, HATS was an important addition to our pack, figure it out yourself

muh hats
muh natura

you shouldn't be using anything slowpoke is associated with anyway. don't support the faggot.

>You have to strip out all of the extra garbage and custom shit they preinstalled to get a decent experience
That sounds like a personal opinion. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe, just maybe, not everyone thinks the same way as you?
If you really can't figure out how to remove mods without fucking shit up, that's your own fault.

It's not a matter of opinion.
FTB packs are often poorly configured, have inter-mod compatibility problems, have poor mod choices that result in lag, etc, etc.
t. not him.

FTB is cancerous and responsible for a considerable portion of the shittiness in the western modding scene, the mass selling-out to curse, and such. and faggots like you who stick their head in the sand are why things have gotten as fucked as they have.

You don't understand the issue here, mate. FTB installs shit to modify mods, recipes, and do things that normally don't happen. Then mod developers have to explain to people that this stuff isn't their fault, or that the recipe didn't change, FTB just changed it.

FTB is a cancer.

>yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man!
spot the shill with no arguments to make.

fug

That's normal iron bro, it's not a fug

Go play DF for a week or so

You'll know all the TFC metals like you were born with the knowledge

>have inter-mod compatibility problems, have poor mod choices that result in lag
I've ran into little to no compatibility issues, and even when I get end game level, I don't lag that bad.
You're acting like i'm some drone defending FTB for whatever they do. I just play modpacks, nothing more, nothing less.
>mod developers have to explain to people that this stuff isn't their fault, or that the recipe didn't change, FTB just changed it
Yes, that is how modpacks are made. People should have the common sense to know that not everything is compatible by default, or that expert mode is not the same as a normal pack.
Meanwhile, you can continue to ignore the point where I mention lacking the ability to alter modpacks is your own fault.

>I just eat what I'm fed.

Okay, up to you.

are there any mods that add aesthetic and ambient sounds to the background?

Plenty

ooh helpful picture thank you.
the wiki is not very useful. it says a lot of words, but doesn't explain anything.

to pick on Hats mod some more, its pretty bloaty. Might be entertaining for a lively server, but for SSP world its the first to go.

>ftb modifies mods etc
yeah, using Minetweaker and Modtweaker. NEI is a staple mod so pointing out changed recipes is a moot point when you can check how to build everything.

Mod mechanics on the other hand rarely change. Mods that change other mods--IguanaTweaks--may or may not be added to FTB packs. But other than that? No, actually, things happen the way they are supposed to.

Look at infinity expert mode. its designed from the ground-up to be a completely different playstyle, by modifying how everything is crafted. mechanics are the same--infusion for example operates EXACTLY the same way, but the recipes are different.

People being too stupid to figure things out is not the fault of the mod dev or pack assembler. Look at my dumb ass, I couldn't figure out IC2's steam turbine, but another user has a compact motherfucker in a screenshot.

Dynamic Surroundings mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/238891-dynamic-surroundings

what mods/modpack are you using? I like that UI hud

>this guy again

I think thats wurmcraft

>remember seeing some guy on youtube bring the ender dragon into the overworld using a combination of the openblocks crane, mariculture magnets, and enhanced portals
>I will never have the autism to try something like that.

the thing was that it was all open to the surface, didn't mine any of it since I live under an overhang atm

You can mine just the ores and shit won't collapse.

thats TFC (terrafirmacraft) just a single mod, not a pack.

Dorf bases are for uncreative people.

the loot recycler from enderio addons looked promising, given that it can can take random armor pieces and get some of the materials, as well as enchantmennts from them in an easily automatable way. however, it does absolutely nothing for items with even a single point of damage. there was not a config option to change it. does anyone know how to manually change that or a good alternative for getting rid of all my damaged enchanted armor?

repair it using thaumic tinkerer then recycle?

And at some point, some retard will place his poor implementation of microblocks (FMPcaust all over again) as a hard dependency

might as well get a decent version in the deal

>Only way to get steel with tcon only is to melt down chainmail
>doesn't work if it's damaged

Reeee

i don't really like using easy ways to repair stuff, the idea is just to get rid of useless inventory clogging damaged armor while getting back some materials they were based on and either enchanted books or exp based on how much durability it had left. it really upsets me that the loot recycler won't work, it seems perfect except for that one flaw. i was thinking i could find a way to disable it, i know nothing about coding but logically there must be something saying "only full durability items" that could be changed

>surface layer is chalk where I am
>find two small spots of sphalerite
>running out of tetrahedrite quick as fuck
>XBOX silver and bismuthine veins
>coal is clouding up my prospecting projects

should've made a bloomery and looked for iron ores.

I found 7 chunks of rich tetrahedrite, and the vein now says trace, plus it will be ass to excavate since there's a silver vein directly on top of it

Anyone know a decent RPG factiosn server? The ones with classes and races ya know?

>factions

what did you put in the fuelwood heater that caused that anyways?

anybody have a good recommendation for a chunk loader mod? i hear chickenchucks sucks but no reason as to why.
not looking for a mod thats going to add tons of shit, preferably, just a chunk loader

Theres something satisfying about blowing up walls with a tnt canon and killing all the people inside every once in awhile. With RPG plugins its actually kinda fun

>not factions
it's literally the only plugin that lets you own land, take over land, and wont fuck up and break shit

dimensional anchors

why the fuck is my wheat and hemp (From better with mods) growing so damn slow?
literally, not a single help is at full growth, and i took a 10 minute shower and only 5 of 25 wheat grew.
i have pams installed but i thought her mod didnt effect growth rates

Aeternalis fuel blocks.
One block has a burn time equal to 576 peices of coal.
At first I thought it was a problem with that massive burn time.
But I managed to replicate it with wood.
It's a bug with heat transfer.
Put 4 active fuelwood heaters next to 4 inactive ones (maybe more). Increase the amount of inactive ones to increase the range it flicks between. Destroy all the inactive ones. If you got the timing right, the temp should now be MAX_INT yotta kelvins. If you got it wrong it'll be MIN_INT yotta kelvins.

Eloraam's game is so late to the party. There's half a dozen direct Minecraft clones that look as good or better than hers, and then half a dozen more which go further than Minecraft into their own thing.

are you on 9.0.0? I'm using 9.0.1 and I'm not seeing it. maybe I just need more heaters.

I'm probably on 9.0.0.
I downloaded it as soon as I found out it came out.

>Going through adfly on almost every mod I download
>Without fail, they open to really sketchy pages while the download opens in another tab

Holy shit modders, switch to something trustworthy
I can't imagine how many credit cards have been stolen because you want that nickel for each download

This is basically a lie because the majority of mods are on Curse.

I poked through Mek's issue page. That got fixed for 9.0.1.

pretty neat bug tho

get mods from curse instead, yo.

Modders insist on getting access to raw OpenGL calls. A modern game like DOOM renders a whole frame with less than a dozen OGL function calls; a single frame in modded Minecraft may make a thousand calls.

Mekanism's dev is really, really bad at coping with integer over/underflow.

he likes big numbers. its really WAILA that has problems, since it isn't expecting scale of what its trying to read so it overflows.

probably

In that particular screenshot it is a genuine overflow problem. The cable network isn't nearly big enough to have that much power, and any power that goes into it simply vanishes.

I'm more surprised that mekanism can process yotta units.
Seriously.
Why the fuck would you need to be able to do a septillion of anything?

How are you supposed to keep sapling counts up in a tree farm? If you bonemeal the trees they regrow into the old leaves and the leaves never decay until you turn it off.

harvest the wood then chill out for ten fucking seconds. or dont bonemeal.

that might explain why I kept having power vanish in my mek energy pipes in the past.

you can get the induction matrix, at max size, pretty well into the trillions of storage. I think I saw someone get it into hundreds of trillions.

I have a new goal now.

I'm trying to automate it. If I don't have an AA doing bonemeal at all it takes forever, and if I do I run out of saplings.

Install FastLeafDecay, or use Botania's Drum of the Canopy to clear all of the leaves.

All depends on what other mods you have installed.

i went into the end with decent armor and a matter overdrive plasma shotgun as my weapon. apparently the gun does no damage to the ender dragon.
why.

Ugh, I might have to just use Forestry, but those are so boring. I hate the diamond enforced shape but I hate installing random mods for one thing even more

Fucking (((Modders)))

the shape isn't enforced. you can change that in the config to square.

Up to floor 2, decided since I had a 4x4 free space in the center I'd make a lava spire for nostalgia reasons

Ran out of spruce wood, though, and I'm kind of lazy and don't want to go chop down another because I haven't configured veinminer for trees that tall

The back left corner is a bit funky because that's how tall I'm going to expand my smelter to