/wgg/ - Wargame genral

Netherland edition

>What the fuck is this?

A general for all the realistic wargames out there that don't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals.
Also hexposters are welcome.
pls dont die

Other urls found in this thread:

warisboring.com/whats-left-of-the-syrian-arab-air-force-6f4a426da511#.xolqt4yow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So guys what do ypu think about the netherlands, are they worth buying, are they balanced?

The faction itself isn't really that great but I'd suggest buying it if you don't want eugen to go bankrupt before they release wargame 4. Also the new dutch voices are good.

Can someone tell me what's the most meta tank at the moment?

Kyu Maru-Shiki :^)

>Wargame 4

Are there any official info that they are working on another Wargame, aside from some easter eggs in Act of Aggression

They may tell you on their homepage, that they are working on some new games, but after all who knows if it really it Wargame 4 they are working on.
Also: pls hexposters come back.

Moderna is now Meme tier.

You get 3 of them for 155. It was buffed to 10 pts cheaper. It's ridiculous now.

Also, Dutch 2A4 is a beast heavy tonk due to the high AP. Very meta.

Leos and medium tonks are not so meta anymore.

No word on whats next for Eugen, other than 'if the Netherlands sells well, we will make another nation pack'

>Every country gets at least 4 or 3 of their best ASF
>Best Germany still only gets 2 Mig-29s

Fuck do I just spam Mig-23s and Lazurs now?

>8 rpm
>sub 60% accuracy
>on a 100+ tank
lel
>leos and mediums are not meta anymore
LEL

The Moderna is good enough, 23AP and 21FAV keep it usable.

Mediums are still good however and Leopards are still the kings of medium tanks, regardless if there are a few viable mediums for other countries now. Heavy tanks are a little bit better costed now, but still suffer for being overkill to kill any non tank, while also not being able to cost effectively fight superheavy tanks.

Please don't die again

that ass

Does anyone else ever make decks as if they're the head of defense procurement for a fictional country? It's like fantasy football, but with military equipment/doctrine instead.

that's why eugen should add a totalwar-style campaign

>single player
>in a strategy game

plenty of strategy games have good singleplayer including totalwar

That's very fucking subjective user.

It is now the objective truth

My opinion > your opinion.

Hey lads, I've already got Wargame: EE but since the whole lot are on sale I've been thinking of buying another one. However I can't decide between Airland Battle and Red Dragon, which one would you fellas recommend?

red dragon has the most active multiplayer by far

be prepared to get rekt the first hundred matches or so though

Red Dragon : people are still playing it, the devs are supporting it and you get to rape Japan on a regular basis.

>tfw I aborted the post but it still sent and I didn't get any (You)'s
Anyway, I mostly play single player but I've been meaning to get into multi for a while now, so I suppose RD would be better in that aspect. Which one has better single player? and more autism?

In my opinion, AB has the best SP campaign, I find it more fluid and dynamic, with interesting strategic options and true random events. While RD has some great ideas and interesting new mechanics, campaigns remains flat and boring (and BLUFOR biaised). Great shame.
You should watch videos of both to forge your own opinion.

>nuking sweden
you've definitely perked my interest laddo, I'll have a look

wargame is really meant to be played multiplayer, you're missing out big time if you just stick to SP

I know lad but people are scary D:

just do "noobs only" matches and remember to watch the replay to see what your opponent did, especially if you got crushed

Red dragon is the only one with a semblance of player base.

how are you posting if you're dead???

post decks.

you would be surprised the amount of useful information that can come out of the shitflinging over card choices. It also keeps the general alive.

Also can help to say what your intending the deck for - ie. 2/3/4v2/3/4, 10v10, or ranked faggotry. 10v10 can and will teach you bad things, like support spam, but it's also low stress so you don't have to worry so much about getting shit on for losing your flank.

Also the AI is shitty and cheats so computer and campaign are vastly different than real battles. Also learning keybinds is helpful - Q is attack move, Z is fast move.

Lastly, there were some casted games that were from a tournament thing a couple months ago - look it up on wargame and you can see some decent plays, generally more recent videos are more relevant due to changes, but there wasn't any huge rebalances with last patch.

>keybinds
To expand on that, create your own binds for stuff like disembark, reverse, attack ground and smoke.

>post decks
how do

Like this.

>mig-25 planefu is still being flown today

feels good man

warisboring.com/whats-left-of-the-syrian-arab-air-force-6f4a426da511#.xolqt4yow

The deck for EE is displayed differently though, it's in a list, I can't screencap the whole thing.

>EE
It's time to move on, friend.

I know lad, that's why I was asking about which one to buy, but I've decided on RD.
(Me)
I stitched it all into one image anyway, see if any of that is worth r8ing. Order is left to right, top to bottom.

the deck is named after firestarter because I took it from him I've made quite a few changes

>wheeled transports for 5 points

you should exploit the fuck out of this

>3 cv
>15pts btr when you could get 10pts ones
>tube arty
>any chonma oh ever
>no type 63
>no to-55
>no atgm plane

how so?

cv
pts btr when you could get 10pts ones
muh 14.5mm
>>tube arty
muh snipes
>>any chonma oh ever
you may have a point
>>no type 63
not sure if still meta after the nerf
>>no to-55
too situational
>>no atgm plane
q-5d sorta fills this role

cheapness and wheels are the best traits in APCs
you can have both

in red dragon wheeled APCs are always 10 points minimum

that being said I disobey myself this rule by picking the pricier KPV option on some of my transports

So what do you use them against, APCs are generally inferior to tonks aren't they?

>generally
always, but that isn't their role

their role is to move your infantry to the front line, and then maybe do some firesupport against infantry

There is no situation where an instantaneous giant wall of flame is not useful.

Wait wait wait, are you saying infantry is actually useful in RD? Because it always seemed fucking useless in EE unless you were lucky enough to ambush the enemy. Or maybe I just used it wrong, who knows.

Infantry is essential in RD. You could win by using only infantry, but you couldn't if you didn't use infantry.

use your infantry inside forests and towns (use attack-move (Q))

they generally rape vehicles inside these environments provided they have a decent launcher

even the shittiest launchers will harm a tank though, so cheap infantry doing its role is always good

How so? Teach me your ways senpai

Do tracks have an advantage over wheels?

I thought maybe they had less chance of a debuff when moving or something.

Make every bush have a high AP rpg or two in it and every other bush have an atgm. The only way to counter that is by investing a disproportionate amount of micro into mortar-smoke-coordinate infantry plus infantry killers-mortar-suppress every square inch of cover.
Additionally, there's so much forest on the current maps that you can sneak a whole battalion pretty much everywhere.

>less chance of a debuff when moving
Yes, in forests, and they move there at half-speed instead of at a third of their offroad speed.

interesting, thank-you

Thanks for the help lad

Glad to help.

that ass

not quite, feel free to test it yourself.

My memory could be faulty as I haven't played for a couple of months, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct.

bmp

i think it's clear we need to discuss the best nation for the next nation pack

Its obviously Romania

No no no, we clearly need more blufor nations.

Yugoslavia, WAAAY more indigenous equipment than Romania.

webm this

>hurr durr add israel and a bunch of useless arabs with knockoff T55s and T62s.

BOOMp

3 chaps

oh shit nigga what are you even doing like how do you fuck that up like they are F&F and have 500m range on the mi-28.

They were driving down a road, the enemy player did not start microing them until 2 were dead and the last one panicked. On the other hand the Javelin G/Ls were nothing but luck, they surprised me, poped 3 missiles off into the clear blue sky and then I gave em the S-12s.

don't die

Ah I figured those were popped in a carrier like the grizzly or it wasn't displayed.

Man I've been unable to play recently but managed to watch a couple streams and 90% of what I've seen is shit play. A couple streams are major generals which are good play, but also ranked faggotry.

Doubled up OSAs and tors are fine, but when you see people with quad stacked AA like buks it hurts. Hell even infantry should only rarely be in quads because they just become artillery or bomb bait.

Back when RD first came out/was in beta tho, those two cards of fascistjaeger 90 in quad stacks was the most ungodly rape machines. Those were simpler times, when you had burritos in vehicle tab and more longbows n things.

>Play first match on Wargame in nearly a year
>My VDV win all their infantrys battles but get BTFO by unbelievable arty/bomb spam

Do the Dutch get like a long reload ultimate one shot HE rocket arty unit bc that thing was endlessly just hitting whatever town block it wanted

Was an ok game though, only person on my team to get over 1000 points at ~2000/3000, the next highest went 700/5000

>play a 4v4 after someone quits out
>three netherlands players left
>they just start firing off the strategic missiles left and right

JUST

Yes, yes they do.

And it has 2-3 availability from what I know.

The lance comes in 2 cards of 2 trained 1 upvetted (but who the fuck uses that)

The thing with is that while it has dispersion, it's still fairly accurate, and the real killer is the suppression that will stunlock anything in practically the same city. (It's 20 HE, I believe a few things have 30 HE)

I'm still hoping someone will figure out reload time/exact aim time/supply cost and post it on the thread at some point - I don't have access to game atm or I would.

Playing dutch or dutch-german you just gotta be real careful and expect to get god nuked. If he's got 4 of them though thats 480 pts he didn't put into tanks/infantry/planes that might be actively fighting so you can sometimes make a good push. Spread out, poke with recon/armor, move shit around.

the lance has a 30s aimtime, 800 supply cost, 2 minute time between shots

what's some of the good play?

Yeah my airbourne deck isn't great at pushing on open ground and he was backed up by a Commonwealth deck at the same time, didn't realise the 38th perpendicular existed, makes it harder since I was expecting some cross river skirmishes

I got pretty fucked by those guys, worst thing about the Lance was that it was already way into the air when I spotted it had fired so I could never tell where the unit was

Thank you friend

ya, airborne is about taking territory first and fast then being a cunt to deal with after from helis/air strikes. In airborne decks it's also fairly useful to get a napalm plane to deny a chokepoint early, sometimes they'll throw an ASF at it, sometimes not. I really enjoy throwing napalm/asf/sead out because your bound to get something good out of it, especially at the start when they likely won't have turned their radar off yet or it's moving and won't shoot/has less accuracy.

Also pact heli starts are great because you get mi8 MTV with delicious 122mm rockets. pure russia gets nona-svk in airborne and I believe also grads. Panicking enemy troops before a push works wonders even if they don't necessarily kill. A grad strike before you throw in sead planes or bombers greatly increases the likelihood of those planes coming back out in one piece.

What would he have? A survival rifle? A MP5K?
A Skorpion?

A fat rebate when you get them to a FOB?

That's not a bad idea.

I'd play for that.

>tfw stomping enemies with north korea

>check changelog
>WZ-550 buffed again
Do we really need more unicorn units?

>he doesn't want to spew three ATGMs into a tank before it can even get in range to return fire

ded

>Irwin

So which country's FOB is the best?

US America, duh.