/maag/ - Marvel Avengers Academy General

All hail our new waifu overlord edition

>What is this?
A mobile city builder/tap-and-wait game where you build up your campus and "educate" your students, and wonder why they spend so much time "relaxing". It's basically waifubait and the most entertaining dialogue done by Marvel this side of Damage Control.

>Is it free?
Yes, although there's a lot of waiting unless you wanna fork over your shekels.

>Official trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=AergY6ijsfI

>Current event:
"Civil War has come to Avengers Academy for a limited time! Captain America and Iron Man's opposing views on how to keep the Academy safe divide the Super Heroes, but Hydra threatens them all. Can Captain America and Iron Man put aside their differences to defend the Academy?"
Sif is here, but the arc reactors have left the academy

Old thread:

So, as I was asking in the last thread. I have level 6 minions and level 5, 6, and 7 thugs wondering around. I should fight one level 7 of each type, then keep two shotting level 6's till I can upgrade, right?

Why aren't you bullying Jan right now?

Jan IS the bully.

see: Crossbones

It's a gamble based on what resources you think you need the most of, particularly when you have zero visibility into what the future cost is.

Your idea is good enough though.

I really hate this event, its too much for this type of game.

That's what I'm doing.

This should net you more belts and comms but less daggers and files. If your main goal is getting to 7 this should be good, just not sure about the battle plans.

Doing the math real quick you get more or less 1 reactor and 1 plan every two hours. With twelve plans a day, you can make 6 agents. If you use your twelve robots on level 5 thugs you can make another 6 agents. If you use them on level 6 thugs, you get just 3 more.
Considering level 5 thugs drop 3 mats and level 6 drop 8, you get for robots:
3x12=36 belts or 8x6 = 48 belts
For agents you get
3x12=36 comms or 8x4,5=36 comms, 4.5 being the numbers of lvl 6 thugs you can beat with 9 agents, but obviously beating 4 one day and 5 on the other.
Even accounting for the loss of battle plans, beating lvl 6 thugs is still better.

Thanks math-san. That's basically what I came up with too. The unreliability of drops from the mission board has me doubting every decision in this game. Just needed someone to confirm it for me.

I forgot to mention you could also do robots 5 for 3x12=36 belts while getting battle plans and agents 6 for 8x6 = 48. Basically you can get 36/48 or 48/36 (or 36/36 if you stick with lvl 5 dudes)

Yeah, getting 4 battle plans every 8 hours is pretty straightforward but reactors might need a bit of babysitting since it tops off at 3 even for 8 hour heroics, and you can get just one for some 4 hour missions.

I have 503 shards left and there are still 12 items in the gold crates one of them being giant-man should I risk it?

Absolutely not, buy a waifu instead. Wouldn't you rather have a guaranteed character than a small chance a costume that you won't even use that often after the event.

I'm getting 2 arc reactors on 4 hour missions. That's the only way to break even. Any other mission and you're getting less than you need for constant production. Every time I have to refresh the board for a half hour to get one, or sleep through the night, I fall behind on them.

Question, why is Veeky Forums flashing blank every other second on my browser? Is Veeky Forums X fucking up again?

And bump.

how much bad taste do you have to have for sif, quake or fucking spiderwoman to be your waifu

Personally, I'd go with waifu first. Also, it depends on if the shard awards are still in there.

are you talking shit about my waifus?

you're waifus are shit

Quake and spiderwoman are shit, But Sif is grade A+ waifu material.

i bought sif almost instantly plus i would keep giant-man long after the event

Giant man's costume doesn't have a task timer reduction on it like other premium costumes. Its only useful for this event. Another character means more tasks on the mission boards from now on.

is anyone else having problems with the game? I can't get it to open at all

Wait, does giant man do ANYTHING for the event?

OH... we All have problems with this game alright

ya he looks cool

So I just did the math on getting both agents/robots to level 7, and it turns out I won't have both until Tuesday, morning for Agents, night for Robots. What are other peoples estimates on getting level 7s?

what is the highest we can upgrade our mooks now? 7?

yeah man but I can't even get the game to work at all, its stuck at the marvel screen

Waifu incoming

i just keep restarting it until it starts

>Wanting a known criminal as a waifu
Though I suppose that's not as bad as people who waifu a genocidal maniac; luckily she'll never get into the game.

Who are they /maag/?

Sif and Nick Fury, it says so right on the image there.

The only pack of werewolves I can remember is from when the Exiles came to 616 and had something to partially deal with a pack of werewolves and Havoc. Soul Broker makes me immediately think of Mephisto.

Two swamp monsters are Man-Thing and Manphibian

>Werewolves
Warwolf, Werewolf by Night, Man-Wolf
>Swamp Monsters
Man-thing and Manphibian

That's all I got

>level 1 Mimi, level 3 mixed, level 5 Songbird

pls

Bump

Isn't Madame Hydra being added? She's cray-cray.

>sleepy and want to call it a day
>need to wait an hour for the next heroic to finish so I can start another one

Worst feeling

No Madame Hydra tonight?

Wait til 9 pst

>need 50 coms to upgrade robots
>need 25 to upgrade 13
>plans barely trickling in
Fucking jew

HOLY SHIT! That red skull art is tarrafing

Got my Wards/Robot upgrade to 6 started and will have them ready tomorrow. I hope Madame drops soon since these will help

This just in: Sif rank 3 unlocks big head mode.

N64 golden eye style

Weird

Think of a filename /maag/.

>when u nut but she keep suckin

>when you want to destroy the academy, but Bucky keeps making Steve Rogers poems.

Strainingtoresistthejew.swf

>they gave in to the jew

>I want that booty hole NOW

Perfect

>might have BP3 by lunchtime tomorrow

neat.jpg

Whoa what the fuck is this shit

Also is Sif a priority purchase? I don't get paid for another week and a half

I want the Rank 3 Embassy, but I'll feel like a fucking idiot if I need daggers out the ass for some reason later.

Is Rank 7 worth it right now?

Not really, only if you like her. Unless she REALLY helps to unlock WS, but we won't know that for at least a week.

You're already caught up with the event, so probably not a priority.

remove Veeky Forums x and reinstall

>tfw 12/20 nigger necklaces to unloack mandingo rank 3
I have fucked up this event hard

Right now? No. Just get your characters upgraded, get Wakanda up to level 3, then worry about Rank 7. That shit needs way too many level 6's to fight the level 7's.

I'm not estimating until I get Optimus next thursday.

Do not listen to this. Increasing your rate of resource income should always be your highest priority unless it's conflicting with a deadline.

So according to facebook, the game is broken, so after the 2 quests with Optimums Prime iron man you just get stuck in a loading loop whenever you launch the game. So I guess just unlock him , do his first quest , the wait for tinyco to become a competent company.

you'll be waiting a very long time

Well, luckily tomorrows Monday.

Can confirm. Your only option is not to finish the quest otherwise it keeps glitching. It's the same as the Crossbones/Wasp quest from last week

How to trigger lvl 7 thugs to come to your campus? I heared you shoud defeat some lvl 6 fuckers first?

I had to kill 3 level 6 thugs with robots and troops each before the level 7s started showing up

What's the order for things at the moment then? I've built the cap statue for A13, should I go for Capbuster or level 6 robots/recruits?

I'd go robots and recruits first. Level 7 robots require capbuster, and agents require agent 13 rank 3, so you might as well prepare yourself to be able to unlock level 7 as soon as possible after getting Capbuster and rank 3 for agent 13

Nice. Thanks

Pepper is a cute

>tfw joined the day after the GOTG event started and will never get Pepper

Chances are she'll be back eventually as a premium character.

If people have managed to crack the game to change timers, I can't imagine why you couldn't be able to change the Pepper store slot, and any previous character/item, to allow her to be bought. I imagine it'd just be changing the "false" trigger in her line to "true"

I would be forced to do it

Anyone else not getting sanctions anymore?

i still get them

>tfw you wake up in the morning and realize you didn't send everyone out on their 8-hour heroic missions before bed

I bet the bug comes from Madame Hydra being in the code. We will probably get her when they fix it since her questline not being implimented fully is causing the bug

Capbuster? More like gamebuster

What the Hell! wonder man rank two cost 3k

3 more pies, 2 more sparklers and I have the capbuster. Also I need 5 more field communicators for A13 Rank 4. After that I'll care about Crossbones's next ranks.

I started doing normal missions to raise exp for the next level (level 31 but that is never going to happen)

Reminder to only unlock Capbuster and don't do anything else with it since it will shit your game

I don't think so they'll just start making you need green belts or whatever.

I've somehow hit a shortage of Arc Reactors

Gee whiz Cap it sure would be nice if you returned the favour from all the battle plans Tony's team keeps slipping you

I have 5 more but I already payed for 3 robots. I just need to make more. I hope I can make more.

We have no idea what you are talking about we have never taken any under the table surplus from the competition

And any more of this type of bullying would be considered slander

How so?

I still don't have the BP bobblehead.

So? They are useless and ugly

So I'm Rank 5 now with the bots and gays, and just have one more sparkler for Capbuster. (BP is Rank 3, Sif, Wondy, Crossbones and 13 are all Rank 2)

When I upgrade, are the numbers still off? So I should continue to grind on the Rank 5 goons?

I bought it. I have no idea why. Many daggers to spend I guess.

man i hate how lv6 mooks and onwards require multiple to defeat thugs of the same level. it is making it hard to keep production up

R8 my campus /Maag/

Pretty good.