/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization, Endless & 4X Strategy

More time discussing Stellaris than playing it Edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

previous thread:

>no individualism
Sounds like you need to get liberated

Right in my fucking territory too
Fuck

Asking again from last thread,

Is there a cap on Leader lifespans, need to know for The Tree quest reward

How is the netherlands? or is it polynesia?
Can you go after them instead of maya?

With that military size might b fucked
Haven't encountered the Unbidden yet, had the Prethoryn Scourge twice though which is boring after the first time

Okay so something just ain't right.
Early in the game I genetically modified my entire founder species so for the past 200 years I didn't have them anymore.

I never had a migration treaty, I never lost a planet with them on it and now suddenly out of fucking nowhere I have 2 original members of my species in my empire.

I want the Democratic Crusaders to leave

I'm hoping I can make a suicide run at their portal and destroy the thing quick. My fleets are only only one jump away from that System.
Pray for me

I don't know and hope not.

>people who think continental preference should make all planets equally habitable
remind me how many people live in the middle of the desert

Why is anything but corvettes so god damn awful.
They hardly want to engage their targets, they just sit there in sloth while the corvettes do all of the pew pew.

glhf
I saw someone do a timelapse with an AI game where Unbidden started from one side of the map and Scourge on the other. Looked like the Unbidden did a hell of a lot better by comparison, while Prethoryn scourge barely expanded. They need to be buffed up

>why is paradox incompetent

>image
beautiful

Oh come on why can't you make fleets prioritize a target?

>wanting more micro

>that energy deficit
>2 idle colony ships
>3 idle constructors

>implying there's a lot of micro out side of checking if surfaces are well

>that pic
Saved

>fleet under attack
>send another fleet to help them out
>appear on the opposite side of the system
>fleet starts moving towards the battle
>gets distracted by all the mining stations on the way
>battle is over before they get there

How do you upgrade individual units in a fleet without splitting them all?

>using cruisers and destroyers at all
wew

>tfw been at war for nearly sixty straight years

Space Turtles will CONQUER EVERYTHING

That is what happens when you let the AI run your shit

I've been looking for the SVN version of C2C but I haven't found it, does anyone here have a link to the repository?

So the less colonies I have the faster my scientific progress goes right?

fewer*

>want to make human empire
>mushrooms look cool
baka

Oh wow I actually won.
Was pretty easy actually.

I'm kind of distracted at the moment.

>4 primitive civilizations surrounding my homeworld system
Ha ha, time for society!

Not exactly no

Any balancing mods that are actually good right now?

>conquer primitives
>their pops are completely useless for decades

Why not?

Why would a primitive anti-alien supranational organization tell the media what they are doing

Is it fucked up if you breed conformity within your vassal races so they'll just stop whining about "MUH RIGHTS!"?

So, I don't get sectors? Can I just have one massive sector and feed it all my frontier outposts and have no repercussions or should I limit them to 2-3 per sector.
I had them divided and it seems theyve already built up planetary administrations so I cant identify whether or not their own influence gain is tanking or not.

Do they also take a malus for going over than 5 planets per sector or can I equally just feed them all into one pseudo client state

There shouldn't be.

Leaders have a increasing % chance after a certain age, I would assume that anything that increases lifespan just shifts that age up.

You should take the 15% happiness though, leader dying really doesn't matter much at all and 15% happiness is the best bonus you can get.

Destroyers deal with Corvettes pretty well. I still dont know the point of cruisers tho.

systems in a sector must all be neighbours so you usually can't connect to far distant colonies

>tiny fuckbutt ally declares war on the guys I literally just liberated
>he doesn't even have a fleet that I can see
>fuck you I'm not helping, plus I just downsized my fleet so I could rebuild it but better
>go looking for his fleet out of curiosity
>find this

Don't Colony ships drain energy like fucking crazy?

Yes
I do too

Cryogenics

Yep.

Yes but they are halfway through industrial and DoFed anyways.

The reason I'm kind of interested in Maya is because him and I are the main religious players, I converted my own empires and ottomans in the bottom left which is now a self-sustaining jewinsula. If I can inquisitor Palenque, and use a great prophet, that's 1350 faith and I'll likely flip pretty much all of the northern cities.

cruisers are just battleships that do less damage and die faster, and destroyers are just corvettes with less evasion so they also die faster

cruisers would be useful if point defence could shoot down missiles aimed at other ships, but it can't so they're not

destroyers would be useful if evasion wasn't so OP, but it is so they're not

tl;dr paradox is incompetent as always

>spec max in science
>maximize research placement and influence
>50% study rate on all scientists
>wreaking havoc in combat for study
>everyone still has equal or greater tech

I need to change my starting traits and gubment because this is just an effort in futility

Every pop you have after 10 adds a tiny % to your technologys cost.

You are still better off with more pops though, its a really minor penalty and you get way more science as long as you use labs.

Here's a decent shot of the religious situation although Novgorod got flipped neutral.

Jewinsula to the bottom left, my cities to top right. Idea is to flip maya/romes cities so ottomans/top 3 city states autoflip to the word of the jew.

If I'm lucky england and netherlands will continue to knock eachother out religiously.

It's only 50% of your output per station.

So if you have a research station producing 3 social or whatever, it'd produce 4.5 social research. It's not like it tallies it all up then increases it by 50%.

Stuff like that only becomes truly relevant when you have entire research planets and shit later.

It's not like

yeah battleships get lances or other weapons with 60 range only, otherwise they don't do crap

IF you kill your enemies then they cannot research

use bigger fleets as defensive tanks

Point defense can shoot down missiles aimed at other ships just fine.

It would be completely non functioning if it didn't since stuff just gets targeted one by one and it would have to take down an entire fleets worth of missiles on its own.

Put a shield capacitor and as much evasion as you can, and you can chew through corvettes with destroyers

What mod should I use if I don't want space blacks?

>Point defense can shoot down missiles aimed at other ships just fine.
wew I just looked it up and I think /4xg/ lied to me

I stand by destroyers being useless though, they're literally just corvettes but more expensive and worse
looking forward to the patch though when all the muh corvette cucks get btfo

Is there a mod for 4x+ speed? 3 doesn't seem to cut the hurry up and wait aspect

I use them to carry around medium PD and SD on the front lines

No. They only drain energy when they're actually setting up a colony, not when they're floating in space.

>looking forward to the patch
>he doesnt have destroyers and cruisers stacked for the upcoming patch

synths were a mistake

Get the happiness. My race has no points in enduring or venerable and by the midgame my leaders were living to be 140+ without ever having encountered that tree.

medium PD?

PD and medium SD(shield disruptors), my bad

pls

Also is anyone having problems with not being able to see any borders? I have almost the whole galaxy visible but I just have the grey empire emblems and no coloured borders.

I would be if we actually knew when it was coming out, but since it's paradox "before the end of may" probably means "we'll release it in june, it'll break everything and the game won't be playable until july"

It's a range thing. As both fleets move closer together the bigger ships will start fighting too.
So, for a more balanced fleet, make sure to give your bigger ships a couple of long range weapons.

both point defense and fighters shoot down missiles
if your fleet is small enough, just move them around the stations. If it's too big, stations melt in seconds anyway

Combat AI settings and your choice of commander is as close as you get.
You're in charge of an entire empire, leave the fighting to your admirals and generals.

stop being autistic

>about to bombard a planet
>suddenly see a pathetic fleet coming for me
>maybe their last ditch effort
>suddenly the game goes full cinematic experience mode
>confused since I had bigger fights that didn't produce any lag
>zoom out
>see this

Should I retreat?

I have rangefinder so I fill them up with SDs and Fighter Wings and then set them to knife range to go in with the weapon carrying corvettes
SD models are cheap and have that extra hull points to stay alive until their job is over

Just build science stations and labs. The labs especially after a one or two upgrades will more then make up for the loss.

Fallen Empires need to be more crazy.

Like battleships with lasers which cut your planets in half

Fight to the death, never surrender to the xenos scum.

>autistic

Or bring in your other fleet too and crash this computer with no survivors

My other fleets are fighting the more powerful empire in the alliance in my territory
That entire bullshit is the fleet of the second most powerful member of the alliance.

>surrender

Fight to the last man, do not yield to xenos filth.

How do you go from Desert to Arctic? Feels like that's missing a step.

Research agreements probably. Build more labs, make your own research agreements, or do what I do;
go to war, blow up a lot of their stations, then research the wreckage. If they've got a tech you don't there's a chance it'll be in the wreckage and once you get even a single piece it'll become a permanent research subject.

Any idea how I might fix this so I can see borders? Just reinstalled.

>Fanatic Militarist Fallen Empire
>Starts moving their fully operational planet destroying battle station towards your homeworld in case you build droids on a desert planet

lube up your asshole. Xenos gonna push your shit in

Here's how you fix the combat system.

>max evasion of 60/40/20/10% for C/DD/Cr/BB
>reduce Corvette health by 20 for the tough modules and 40 for the weak ones
>increase DD health by 20 for weak and 60 for tough slots
>Corvettes can't mount Medium weapons
>DD can't mount large weapons but can mount 3 medium size weapons
>Cruisers can mount 6 medium weapons

Now, here's the main way this works.
>medium weapons do more overall damage than small or large
Hear me out, this sounds madman, but basically make medium weapons do good, consistent, damage while small weapons fire a lot but don't do much damage and large weapons do a lot of damage but fire really really slowly.
This means that because DD and Cruisers would be the most cost effective weapon platforms, they'd be very viable.

Make medium and large weapons have the same range too, barring the large only weapons.
And remove the Battleship's ability to mount small hardpoints, medium, large and XL only.

Mass drivers should have 30 range for small and 40 for medium and large, while lasers would have 25 range for small and 30 for medium-large.
Missiles would have 40 range for small and 50 range for medium and large.

Also here's an idea. Instead of armor being a % damage reduction, make it its own health bar like shields. The difference being it doesn't regenerate after a battle like shields, and takes reduced damage from kinetic weapons (they'd do 75%of their damage to armor) and missiles/torpedoes (60% damage to armor) while lasers would do 150% damage to armor and plasma would do 200% damage. Also, lasers should only do 80% damage to shields and plasma 70%.

>tfw culture victory as autocracy Bismarck
god damn that was boring

>mfw I keep starting over after 100 years

>>DD can't mount large weapons
This triggers me. Destroyers should have the largest weapon type, it's the entire point of the class.

>open console
>type 'tweakergui draw.dust'
>click option off
>type 'tweakergui borders.usemesh'
>click option off

might make borders appear but it doesn't look as good as it should.

What do you mean user? That's how the game is suppose to look

t.Mitsuru Ushijima

If I liberate a bunch of planets from an empire, and then go back and liberate some more will they form a second nation or join the first?

so tropical best

Is there any reason not to aggressively research primitives? Do they die from your mengele tampering eventually? Or is it just a policy lock that makes it harder to do