Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/pYdwfntu

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/011kOxA7EMGqHHJVg
youtube.com/watch?v=w0WetHkYVtw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oiiiiiiink

>"We want the casual audience and new players"
>"So heres 3 fucking charge characters lmaooo have fun learning them you fucking scrubs"

Fighting games, anyone?

Alternative discord discord.gg/011kOxA7EMGqHHJVg

>le alex is not a charge character meme
Stop familia.

Fighting games are _________.

Say it with me guys

SFV
IS

I just like posting that picture whenever someone mentions graphics

fun

good

kuso
kuso

kusoge

entertaining

So I made top 8 in Brett's Koihime tournament last night. It was fun.

Worse than new gen

erasing the pigs make this pic 100000000x better

Who?

did you beat like a whole 2 other people to get there or something?

Fun and it's hilarious seeing all the streamboars and 09ers on kappa getting so triggered by the game

>Capcom has every opportunity to show a character trailer during CPT to generate hype
>hype is guaranteed more sales
>but for some dumb reason they don't

Why?

sluggish and weird looking

Capcom doesn't like money

Maybe the next character reveal is late because they got told to release Ibuki instead of Balrog so they had to spend extra time fixing everything up for her and to make er ready

If Alex is a charge character then Dudley must be one too.

No. I think I ended up 5-2. There was 28 people.

It's called cutting their losses.

>They learned literally nothing from the Alex fiasco
It's fucking astounding how incompetent they can be sometimes.

Not really an accurate comparison. Dudley has one charge move that is borderline useless. Alex has multiple charge moves that are significant parts of his gameplan.

as a company they probably dont give a shit about this game
it has like 10000 players lol
meanwhile they have ips like dragon's dogma (also an mmo in asia) that have millions of players

>putting glasses on
I don't get it.

>Dragon's Dogma
>millions of players

lol, Dragon's Dogma Online is pretty much dead in Japan m8, maybe you're thinking of Monster Hunter, no?

dudley has one charge move in one game

He has 3 charge moves and 3 motion moves. 2 of those motion moves being an air grab and a command grab.
You can argue that he's a hybrid, but I feel like if you have to constantly think about charging, then that character is a charge character.

>Alex has multiple charge moves that are significant parts of his gameplan

Alex has more motion moves than he has charge moves, and actually stomp is pretty useless, you can't even use it to properly punish fireballs.

idk but fighting games are a very VERY small genre in the grand scheme of things, but the LOL fighter might blow things up (too bad its going to be casual as fuck and ruin the genre)

>Stomp is useless

Not in SFV it isn't.

Someone give me a good reason why Capcom needs to have 8 hour maintenance before every update

Counting headbutt feels like cheating since it only exists to replace DDT and be shittier in every way.

"we talkin bout practice."

Stomp is deceivingly good.

Alex has 6 special moves. 3 are charge. So no, he does not have more motion moves.

How do you get shittier than useless

Street fighter is probably one of the most recognized brands in video games. They'd be stupid not to at least keep that ball rolling. It's not a AAA game and it never will be.

He has 7 special moves m8, you're forgetting his CA.

Lol, headbutt is not shittier than DDT, not even close.

Yes in SFV it is.
Cant crossup, can be easily jumped.
Fuck that gay shit.
At least in 3 you could meme on knockdown.

By becoming a charge move and getting a lame animation.

No one counts CAs as specials, fucktard

what if they decide to release urien now?

>CA
>special move

I don't think the amount of moves is that important of an argument.
As I said, I feel like the main thing is when playing the character if you feel like you should be charging all the time.
For example with Necalli, you only really charge during combos or if you're actively expecting a fireball to go through.
With Alex you pretty much want to charge constantly because Elbow is a huge part of his game plan, and even his questionable air moves are pretty good to throw out from time to time.

Who knows they showed Decapre at Final Round 17 and other chars at different events(like the Poison reveal) with USIV but why the sudden change with SFV?

In 3 you get parry option selected and get a small amount of chip damage or punished

Then you'll wake up

B I S O N
U
F
F
S

>have to do motion
>not a special move

Did I miss something?

EX stomp is fast enough to punish most fireballs, plus fucking 3 on block that leads into a mix-up on block, an untechable hard knockdown that can be followed up with literally any set-up you want and even if you miss it recovers so fast that you can usually literally AA them if they jumped to dodge it and can be aimed literally anywhere on the screen.

Stomp is not shit. Stomp is really good.

put hyde in sf5

Rather eat a parry OS than a full neutral jump punish.

Then why are normals classified as super cancellable and/or special cancellable?

it's defined as a separate entity from special moves in the game itself

Only the EX one.

>LOL fighter
I love how retards think big name guarantees success, mojang made a shitty game, blizzard made many shitty irrelevant games. Riot made ONE GAME and is successful because of their timing.

Fighting games is not a profitable genre and never will be, dota-like games are pretty casual while still having decent skill ceiling it's not the case for fighting games and since you can't blame your team..

Case in point: youtube.com/watch?v=w0WetHkYVtw

Yeah, and it's really fucking good.

but in terms of players the genre is VERY small.
mmos, fps and mobas are a huge market whereas fighting games playerbase is counted in the thousands as opposed to millions
and companies are in the business to make money so hopefully we'll get something more from smaller developers like skull girls

it's a cutscene that requires full meter, as opposed to something that can be done with no meter at any time. The game's command list doesn't even put them on the same page. Supers have always been set apart due to their unusual requirements.

Is in need of more bara

kys barafag

so was robot ryu actually broken or is the guy a huge shitter?

1v1 games don't appeal to casuals these days. They just want a team game to play with their friends that has a match-making system that forces a 50% winrate on them so they can feel like they're good without ever having to improve.

There is no big 1v1 competitive game, SFV might honestly be the biggest one these days. SC is dead as fuck outside Korea and that is the only real contender.

LMAO, riots the literal masters of the casual crowd the lol fighter is going to be a success they arent morons

How do people even get to platinum with all this ragequitting? 3 times in a row now it's happened to me, this is ridiculous

i was between being asleep and awake and i just had a vision that the new trend is going to be showing a lot of ass cleavage

did they say anything about balrog or nah

>SC is dead as fuck outside Korea and that is the only real contender.

Yeah, pretty sad watching all of the pros that made SC fun leave.

It's blizzard's fault to be honest. It really amazes me that they managed to kill Starcraft, that takes effort. It's literally a competitive monopoly and they fucked up. I don't even care about SC but damn.

One, you're like a dream come true.
Two, Just wanna be with you

SC2 being dead is more about Blizzard's incompetence than anything else.
They listened to the forum warriors instead of having a vision of what the game should be.
They also both killed BW and didn't push SC2 enough.

>tfw it takes atleast 10 matches for me to start playing the best I can
>Burned out at that point

More like IBURNki

You can't really call a move good if the only good version needs meter.

>mfw I just found out you can do ia teleports with a 270

Wow dhalsim

her hair is going to clip through literally everything

see me in beasts fury

I do hope this is her actual costume. I think it has potential to look really good.

L O W
E N E R G Y

So you only now figured out how to TK something
Fuck this gay general

You act like meter is hard to come by

>implying her hair isnt going to be rock solid like all of the females tits

Yes you can. Even regardless of the fact that you have meter for 90% of any match in SFV. You shit meter in this game. 1 bar far a mix-up on hit and block from anywhere on the screen and even a decent chance of not getting punished even when they have a read on it is very good.

she was ok. Cute voice too

>Missing the point this hard

I was always going dp+upf or upf+dp and fucking it up constantly. I didn't even know it was real until I thought about it

Sorry for not touching sim until yesterday

What point? The move is good.

I kinda miss rising thunder. Rushing dummies down with Korean edgemaster borg was fun

No I full understood what you meant by having to spend resources. I was just pointing out it comes fast but it doesn't help you too much round 1 start.

The move is not good, one specific version of the move is good.

>scissor kick is bad because only the lk version is good

Are there any inputs where you should actually ride the gate?