/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization, Endless & 4X Strategy

bumb limit bug edition, bravo paradox

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685233391&searchtext=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Previous Thread:

Which racial traits are most suitable for based shroom of migrant doom?

hullo

What is the most dangerous endgame crisis? Unbidden, zerg or skynet?

5th for S I N G L E C O R E

top is arid, bot is desert

What determines the number of pre-FTL civs?

To any other fellow file diggers: where exactly are the triggers for the scourge to spawn? The other crises specify mtths and shit, the file for the scourge only says that an empire must exist.
Wiki claims it has a 25% chance of never actually firing and various other chances at various times.

Unfunny and Forced.

If I gene mod my species, will it "change" my primary species, or will the new ones count as xenos?

I'd say any combination of adaptive, rapid breeders and nomadic. In case you pick the adaptive you'll also need to throw in a random negative trait.

Given the way the hyperlanes work it could make for an interesting game if you restricted FTL to hyperlanes since there are entire "continents" in space created by the choke points of hyperlanes, but in a game where warp and wormhole are also available the hyperlanes just fuck your shit up

Of course I assume if I was playing hyperlanes on a map with all types enabled I would probably construct my empire around the hyperlanes instead of the free and easy expansion the wormholes grant

Actually the hyperlane mapping makes it easy to see which systems you should place frontier outposts in to get like 5 star systems under one outpost for maximum profit

But both of those are Tatooine

How about slavery? Do we accept it in the shroom empire or no?

Unbidden in theory.
AI spawns with 14k in fleet power total, you can just stomp it as soon as it appears.
Zerg break their own AI and tries landing troops on gas giants, after using the initial infestors they send constructors through five empires and get slaughtered by defenses. Then they're left with a bunch of fleets hanging around random systems.
Unbiddens may or may not break their own AI as well, but it seems it's less likely to do so.

>marvelous
there is a fallen right next to me
fleet less than 2k
pls dont rape my face

I Imagine desert to be more Tatooine and arid to be more like the levant or sicily or southern california

there's still a lot of green and scrub

Doesn't work considering arid borders tundra and desert borders tropical on the habitability wheel.

Arid is dry and hot, desert is hot and dry

There u go

Nice screenshot, I like the part where we can see the fallen empire and their traits

>Trying to summon the Unbidden
>Just noticed there are 20 synths in the Galaxy now
>They are probably all in the large Slaving empire to the west of me

Somehow I never noticed that file.
Thanks user.

strangely it didnt pissed them off

>Holy Guardians
They only care if you colonize the worlds that have "sacred world" modifier

Because they don't give a fuck about Gaia worlds. They care about holy Gaia worlds and tomb worlds.
Also -40 isn't exactly peachy. Take them to -75, come on.

Should New Worlds Protocol always be researched first?

In Stellaris, Desert is like Arrakis.

Arid is supposed to be the colder variant of that. I guess their idea was 'imagine mars, but with a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere'

Where do I put the GNP folder? I don't want to play Niggaz in Sirius.

Stellaris fixed and cheaper when?

>Make a glorious human Monarchy
>Two jumps away, Sol
>Go there
>Mechanical age humans

How do I address this issue? I'm leaning towards purging these dopplegangers.

People play these games for the offline mode right?

I mean, I dont want to feel like a weirdo when I see all of your pictures about battles and empires and shit and think you guys are playing on multiplayer or some shit

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685233391&searchtext=

What do people think of this mod? It lets you start out on a ringworld, albeit with massive penalties.

And tomb worlds.

>find a early space-age feline race on a planet on the very edge of the galaxy
>said area is wedged finely between me and only nearby empire with equal naval power this side of galaxy
>at the same time several terraforming projects complete and forget them as I proceed to busy myself colonizing planets
>skip forward 30 years as I notice the cats enter the space-empire phase
>imagine their disappointment as they realize they are stuck in a tiny crevice between the most powerful empires in the galaxy with their own territory being limited to three systems
>not even ten years pass as they end nearly in the middle of the main scourge invasion path

Most of us play single player.

>No game mode where you start at 200 year developed game. Objective: Survive.

Just boost Advanced AI start and start with only them.

Literally everyone in this thread is playing one big multiplayer game, and you're not invited

>Start playing
>After an hour people start trickling out because its a long ass game

Stellaris is a single player game as far as I'm concerned.

Some xeno shits just declared war on my and are attacking one of my planets right now. They demand that I cede all my planets.
Their ships are 50% stronger than mine and twice as big as mine.
Can I somehow win???

I got a 35K fleet bombarding a infested world, how long it takes for the planet to turn arid?

Turtle up until you can make a white peace. Learn from your mistakes and dont let this happen again

>Sentient AI
I don't have any robots.
Does that mean I'm safe with researching it?

Barren, not arid.
Also unless you're on hotfix 1.0.3, roughly until the heat death of the universe. Otherwise, as soon as fortifications go down to zero.

Good job being a blind retard and not noticing their empire building up their fleet fuckface.

Yes. If you don't have robutts it's a free 10% research boost.
If you have mat FEs they might not be all that happy though.

Cool then I'll get it I guess.

Only 2 xenophobic FE and 1 spiritualist.

Perfectly safe then. It also gives you access to the best combat computers in the game, by the way.

>Perfectly safe then.
Makes me wary, but if I fall to AI I'll just claim that I was roleplaying fanatic materialists.

>start as peacful
>2 FE near me
>spot i could colonize get bordercreeped by blue advanced started guy
>other spot get station built on it by brown birds
>fuck it
>take out the station
>free ship anomaly, take over the brown dude compleately with his spaceport intact
>blue dude goes to war to his green neighbour
>kill his backup and station,bombard his homeworld, and land on one of his plantes thats been cleared of fortifications by the greens
>he surrenders to me
>with the leftover army take out the weakened green, that has just started colonizing a planet
>with the ball rolling, eye 2 other inferior/pathetic neighbours that are still not in the forming federation

"peaceful"

My tech is rock bottom, i cant even clear any tile blockers, and have like 3 research stations.
But i moved 2 deferent gas entities to other places, and have access to all zoo specimens at least.

Lmao you went as 'peaceful' as Islam

Doppelgangers are a huge immersion killer for me is the a way to prevent the game reusing portraits?

Nah, really. AI revolt can only happen if you have synths in your empire.
The AI uprising only checks for synth presence, sentient AI and the tech for creating synths just anger materialist FEs.
The only dangerous techs that can trigger crises just by researching them are the two jump drives.

That they looked like me isn't that bad.
Duplicate Sol systems bother me more.

Is it possible to play a Militarist Civ without being a bloodthirsty fuck?

>didn't research tile clearing techs
>researched xenopets instead

Good priorities

>There are 4 fucking versions of democracy
>The only way to get a monarchy is to be a pacifist cuck

Why is this allowed?

Damnit.
My psionic researcher got elected chancellor.

I got the first tech done though.

I've never even managed to put the xenopets thing to proper use. I usually just research it for an EZ one of the other two techs are trash and cost more time.

317 years in this playthrough and the only things I killed so far are spess monsters.

Desert is hot and dry, Arid is cold and dry.
At least that's what they're going for I think.

I'm pretty sure these little bitches have been at war for half a century now. How the hell are they not annexed/liberated/whatever yet?

I usually come in peace shoot to kill, Scotty beam me up.

Jokes aside I conquer on sight

Influence from rivalry isn't really bloodthirsty and is useful.
Army Damage could be used in defense.

I guess the major thing you lose out on is the happiness bonus from war.

I was thinking you could do something with edicts/influence, but then you'd be better of as pacifist with enlightened monarchy.

Try adding the materialist ethic and act like an isolationist.

AI is retarded. Can't into invasion.

I actually compleately forgot that these things stop proper research. That explains a lot actually.
Also, what do they even do? the farthest i got with them on an another playthrough was helping them colonize an another gas giant after their orgies.

What do you call a biome that's cold and moist?

Tag over to them. Chances are the attackers have 200 warscore but one of the wargoals was taken by another empire and one side won't surrender while the other won't accept not taking that neutral planet. Force peace or arrange something by tagging around.

I'm playing a passive militarist empire
>Have small as fuck navy
>Compact empire but colonized almost every world in my empire and fully built them up
>Some multi headed lizard people declare war on me
>Hastily assemble a giant navy by building ships in every space port I have
>Destroy their navy, destroy all of their mining and research stations
>Bombard multiple worlds
>Invade and conquer worlds, conquer like 4 worlds in peace treaty
>Set about genociding their population on the new worlds making sure to have at least one robot on each world

>30ish years later they declare war on me again
>Repeat as I did in the last war, overcome their initially larger navy with better tech and production
>Extend the war so I can keep destroying shit and researching the wreckage
>Claim their homeworld for the peace terms
>Try to be nice to the new population and don't genocide them
>They revolt, get like 4 battleships
>Drive off my tiny standing navy (literally 1 battleship, 2 cruisers, and 1 destroyer)
>Rebuild my navy far more than I probably needed to (like 3 battleships, 1 cruiser, 4 destroyers, and 10 corvettes)
>Rape their navy bombard their world
>Invade with some robots, forced to retreat
>Invade with like 18 droid armies
>Defeat the rebellion
>Proceed to genocide them

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice everyone dies.

>We are pleased to hear from you, Human friends.

Do you ever hesitate to declare war?

arctic grandma

>pleased to hear from you
>pleased
>not terrified panic
You're doing it wrong.

Cold and wet would add up to an Arctic world.

canine thermoregulation occurs via respiration not perspiration.

>>not terrified panic
Even with 1000 threat I've never seen that.

So many little bugs that should have been fixed before release.
For example I sent down troops to free one of my planets from occupation, and I got notifications for successful invasion and failed invasion simultaneously.

What are you talking about negro? You can be fanatic materialist and get the best kind of monarchy- the star empire.

r8 my autism
Every type can colonize everything that's either in its row or column at -40% (native is -20%), everything at most one column/row away at -60% and two columns/rows away at -80%.
This system is still imbalanced but every type will see the same number of tier I and II planets so there's no early game disparity.

The AI is always in the negative relations with me anyway so they never greet me warmly

Except the fallen empires, but I always do the right things to piss them off anyway once it is time to cut back the dead brush

>get capcha for ice cream
>select all the food instead

Why did I do that?

>Be materialist
>Be intelligent
>AI rebellion spreading across the galaxy
>Should probably outlaw AI then
>Fedoras flying everywhere as my rational race complains about it

Considering the first DLC will probably be released in august or september and break everything all over again it doesn't really matter what bugs they fix as long as paradox has their policy of letting buggy shit get released in the first place because they rush their games and DLC so Johan can build up his swiss bank account for when sweden collapses and paradox relocates to the cayman islands

Autism always gets a zero unless it is actually useful

So you get a zero

>planets only have one climate

That's what my first game was like. But I recently started a second where I went for early aggression, conquered one 3 planet race and had a big alliance breathing down my neck.

This time I decided to go more slowly until I reached critical mass.

Best way to go for a full-robot empire? I was thinking Technocracy (the one with +1 alternate researches), but i don't know the optimal research order (on average of course, since it's random) to get Synthethics ASAP, nor the best ethics either.
Also, Is there a way to intentionally cause a crisis before sentient AI, to be sure that the AI rebellion will not happen?

Therea nothing wrong with the ring, just the planets in it.

Is SotS1 a good alternative if I want a 4x that also has ship combat like Battlefleet Gothic Armada but my rig is too shit to play the latter?

>research synthetics
>unhappy due to no rights
>dont want to give rights for rp reasons but test anyway
>still have the -10 unhappy modifier to everything
>try enslaving them
>all my collectivist pops unhappy due to alien slavery in close proximity
fucking hell, johan. where is my patch?

There's no actual terrified dialogue unfortunately. If they feel threatened they reuse wary/neutral lines.

>taking a game slowly so that the AI can be more challenging later on.
>biggest fleet is 4k, 12 cruisers or something
> ally has a 12k fleet and is fighting a huge war with a federation
> see his homeworld getting pummeled, ai just seems to ignore it
> go and defend, win somehow
> my allies fleet just follows me around after that like I'm their commander in chief

Worst paradox ai or best I really can't figure it out

>marsh planet

Sounds manky as fuck. I like it.

"just right" should be "temperate" though

>throwing out professional jargon

Its like i said my neighbor died from air-conditioned acute lead poisoning

My understanding is that you should not ever research synthetics.

Huh.
THAT never happened before.

>not leaving them as droids

It doesnt matter how many research stations and Labs I have and upgrade, I will always get +%5 from administrative administration right?

Does anyone actually use the
WAR ECONOMY, JACK

>Using energy weapons.
>Teldar mining research pops up
>Kinetics boost, ignore it
>Eventually end up researching it when there's nothing else of interest.
>It adds a +10% empire wide happiness building that's not included in the research description.