/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 23rd:
1430 – Joan of Arc is captured and raped by the Burgundians while leading an army to raise the Siege of Compiègne.
1618 – The Second Defenestration of Prague precipitates the Thirty Years' War.
1844 – Declaration of the Báb the evening before the 23rd: A merchant of Shiraz announces that he is a Prophet and founds a religious movement that would later be brutally crushed by the Persian government. He is considered to be a forerunner of the Bahá'í Faith, and Bahá'ís celebrate the day as a holy day.
1915 – World War I: Italy joins the Allies, fulfilling its part of the Treaty of London.

>News
HoI4 DD56 - Bits and Pieces
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-56-bits-pieces.930457/

EU4 DD May 12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-12th-of-may-2016.929369/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/kdmabox0ohgmvz1/geheimnisnacht_0.13.2.zip
mediafire.com/?ihvha395z0q87oc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2nd for communist /gsg/

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

HPM REKT BY COMMUNISTS

I managed to get Qing in my sphere. Is that good? Do I get dibs on all their shit now?

New ck2 DD when

no, that's not good

reminder to report and ignore "reminder to report and ignore shitposting" shitposting

pls donate to my patreon so I can buy new teeth.

>tfw johan isn't getting the pre-orders in

FUCKING JOHAN

what the fuck is happening

What are some good Ck2 mods? And where can I get them that isn't the official forum?

Can anyone upload some mods?

A war of baltic control over congress poland

should've donated to my patreon

you're playing liquoria
you willing to play the patch before horselords lad?

Gross Germania attacks again.

I got my ck2 from the mega thing in the general, so if there's any way to downgrade - sure.

>Joan of Arc is captured and raped by the Burgundians
HOT

I have a bunch of mods for 2.4.5

warhammer meme mod
mediafire.com/download/kdmabox0ohgmvz1/geheimnisnacht_0.13.2.zip
my favority mod that's updated
mediafire.com/?ihvha395z0q87oc

you sure? I'm pretty sure I get cheap goods out of it. Should I build railroads for them?

On 5 February 1913, while Russian forces were still returning to their positions inside the massive nation, Napoleon IV issued a demand for Russia to cease recognizing the Treaty of Lublin--which recognized their occupation of Masovia and legalized their seizure of West Galicia--and to vacate all occupied Polish territory in that same territory. In the event of a failure to comply, Napoleon made it clear that force would be used.

Nicholas II had been twice-humiliated on the national stage, once against barbaric Asiatics and once against a weakened German state practically in the midst of a civil war; he knew that, if he acknowledged the demand, Russia would never be taken seriously as a power again. He also knew that France had the largest army in the world, but what could he do?

"If the Bonapartes seek to break Russia," he is reported as saying, "then they must fight for it. We broke one Napoleon before; I do not doubt we might do it again. We need only patience, skill, and total dedication to our fight."

When Eugene received word that Nicholas II flatly refused to cease recognition of the treaty--and, indeed, that he actually demanded that France evacuate all her positions in Poland--the last chance for peace slipped away.

"I know we are weary of war," Eugene told the Assembly, "I, too, am weary of it. But Russia not only dishonors the house of Bonaparte with its occupation of the natural lands of Poland, it threatens her with constant war on the horizon. War with Sweden, or war with Japan once again over the Kuril isles, or war with Poland herself; France is not safe whilst Russia remains a power in her own right.

"I do not undertake this lightly, that I swear to you. But it is my duty to announce to the Assembly that, as of today, a state of war exists between France and her allies and the Tsardom of Russia."

post spheremap

Is anyone interested in a MuvLuv mod for Hearts of Iron 4, with new resources, TSF's, experimental weapons and cold war setting?

>is anyone interested in a good mod
Of course not.

>MuvLuv
What

If you make it for III

>weebshit
yeah go back to your steam group LOL

Just because i'd start on it wouldn't make it good. I'm looking for idea's, and will have to do event scripters, maybe even map modifcations... And adding G-elements and Super Carbon as resources

>implying those two aren't mutually exclusive
Reporting something is not ignoring it

I think hearts of iron IV would be better because Hearts of iron III AI is clinically retarded and doesn't have the custom faction mechanic, or the ability to have more then 3 factions to begin with.

Fuck off reddit

>cropping
die

If you make it.

Sure.

I also have Colombia, Mexico, and Brazil sphered and allied in the New World.

Could be interesting

There was one for HoI 3, or maybe it was HoI2, but it died early on.

It'd be easier to mod for HoI4 too.

That said I haven't been following HoI4 too much lately, hopefully the game isn't as dumbed down on features as it looks.

Essentially the hearts of iron 2 alien invasion cheatcode that gives humans the ability to fight back using these.

very rude

When forming Toucoulours, it is worth starting as Sokoto for having Hausa as accepted or should I stick with Massina?

Do it with Prussia

>Started as Imperial Japan
>3 provinces, two produce tea and one produces grain
>At ~1838 got event converting my grain province to precious metals
>Got a fuckton of money
>No food source to fulfill life needs
>My ratings are 0 and food is in high demand, so my POPs can't buy it
>Even if I don't tax them and set tariffs to negative, there is just not enough grain and stuff out there to buy
So I just set all taxes and tariffs on max and let my people die from hunger. By the time I united Japan I lost ~100k in population and amassed 1m in gold, with which I kickstarted the industry. Still, it was painful to watch people die.

haha fuck you kid weebshit should be banned outside of /a/ and /pol/ that's where garbage like you belong

Not much you can do, but I believe lowering taxes/tariffs means they can buy goods easier

Napoleon IV was not lying when he stated that he did not undertake the war with Russia lightly; he called in almost the entire continent of Europe to assist him with the fighting. He even forced Mindaugas II, Duke of Lithuania--who, by treaty, could not even raise forces--to declare war on Russia as a "show of moral support to French troops operating out of Memel." The geographic breadth of the conflict would gain it the popular moniker the "Great War," although later historians often jokingly referred to it as merely "the prelude."

For Russia and her allies it certainly cannot be said that the Great War opened with optimism. With 84,000 French troops in Korea, three French armies in Scandinavia in addition to local Scandinavian forces, and 10 full French armies operating along the Poland/Lithuania front, the chances of Russia being able to repel her invaders quickly was miniscule. She could only hope that her European allies--the weakened Bavaria and surrounded Romania--could stall the French long enough for her to begin mobilizing for the conflict. Unfortunately, Russia's rail system was incredibly outdated; it would take her a long time to mobilize, time that she quite possibly did not possess.

Ok, modding it in, should I loose German as excepted if I make the decision?

You could have break from the puppet status and conquer some place.

>1430 – Joan of Arc is captured and raped by the Burgundians while leading an army to raise the Siege of Compiègne.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
How dare you mock my godess punk

Nah, mod it so all of Africa is of German culture

There was not enough food on the marked and I had 0 in score, so I was last to buy. Screenshot it from somewhat latter, when I got some prestige so they could occasionally buy something.
No you cant, there is no CB against the Shogunate until Meji come to the throne, and then it's DOW by event.

14680 is your friend

Here's a list of "features" i have thought of.

Initial features:

-Grey Elements and Super Carbon on map as resources in centers of industry/hives
-Cold war map starting in 1971.
-BETA invasion starting 1973
-Dynamic and "Historical" invasion mode (2 random states are effected or only kashgar/athabasca)
-When the initial invasion grows to a certain size it wipes out most infrastructure and all industry and permanently damages resources. Then puppets the new area with a capital hive. Hive has intense defense values in its capital and when (if) taken back "Breaks" the puppet and makes it surrender.
-If the war goes bad enough for BETA or a certain date is reached or certain technologies are researched by humans "world tension" increases. When it hits 100%, all BETA puppets are vassalized by the superior and unless the original hives can be taken, humanity will lose fast.
-TSF's taking the place of plane tech (but are buildable ground units) (or can be added to army groups?) if no tech can be added
-BETA units like laser class with hilarious air defense power.

Wanted optional features:

-Unlimited (Think gotterdammerung) start date
-The Day After (Think post apocalypse with map mod) start date
-lots of lore events to make the world feel alive
-custom TSF tech portraits and fluff stuff.

This completely fucks up the economy if you overdo it

t. A guy who has overdone it a million of times, it's just too much fun

can you even mod in additional resources?
can you fix the shitty tech tree to be able to build structures that boost research??
can you make player able to carpetbomb single provinces?

>cheating

Yes
Maybe
Yes

it might actually be playable then. please make it so!

After strong early successes and mounting confidence in the French General Staff about the chances for victory, Napoleon IV, with support from the Hungarians, issue a demand for Romania to return all contested lands to the Hungarian state. This demand will, naturally, be enforced during the peace conference at the completion of the war.

REVISE TRIANON

Actually, the third one may be difficult... But I think that you are referring to carpet bombing hives, which could be done by modding strategic bombing to do extra collateral damage, since it only affects the provinces with industry within the hive puppet to begin with.

How did you get Egypt without the Sinai?

Good frog

What flag mod are you using?

While I wasn't paying attention, my heir somehow got his hands on a duchy that's bigger than my entire republic. Now he can't be my heir anymore, but he became my vassal... somehow. He also hates me.

no i meant doing all air operations in single provinces, base game only lets you do it in the whole area (you cannot specify a specific province for operations).

Ottomans beat them in the Oriental Crisis, took back the Levant, and puppeted them. I built the Suez canal, then they fell to reactionary rebels and broke puppet status with the Ottomans, at which point the Ottomans occupied them, re-puppeted them, and took the rest of the Sinai for... some reason.

It was weird.

Just normal HPM.

Rate my Germany, I'll post my goal after this (got another 30 years)

That flag looks like it has kind of a wavy effect though, like pic related. Were flags like this in HPM? I don't remember it being that way

Flags in HPM were vanilla-tier.

It'll be hard getting all of the Ottoman and Russian territory I want, but the rest I think I can manage.

Also I want to Germanise as much land as possible (the primary goal of this run was to merge Europe and Africa, inspired by Eurafrica

Well, air operations dont really take place in the ML setting so it doesn't matter too much. TSF's wont be handled as airplanes but as ground units with extremely high maneuverability and speed.

Country and goal

preorder

Oh, that's just Big Flag Frames, it's an effect of the increased flag size possible with the mod. The flags themselves are the same, it's just that you can see the larger versions AFPguy does.

>14680 six gorillion times as Qing

what the fuck

Check'd, Alaska, take all of Canada, also wheres Quebec?

Joined Canada right afterwards

I started a game of this a few days ago, this is the pop growth you get the first month. Didn't have the time to continue it though, I'll do it sometime

I did, it basically doesn't go above 700k

ok den

78th for a united Hummah in EUIV.

I might just cheat for jingoism so I can get this done.. it doesn't seem too cheatey anyway

Also come on someone, rate my aesthetic borders, cmon

fuck off

Unfortunately, in spite of perceived Bavarian weakness, it appears that the armies of Otto I have not been entirely disorganized by their run-in with Drexler. They have proven easily capable of running through the Czechs, and now threaten Prague itself.

Thankfully, the French General Staff remembers the lessons of Franz's Gambit well. During the Istrian War, France's victory was threatened by stiff Austro-Hungarian resistance near Silesia, and the lack of French reinforcements in the area nearly proved fatal. To avoid a similar mistake, Marshall Gallieni advised Napoleon IV to leave at least 50% of France's armies in reserve, for redeployment to other theaters if necessary. Eugene refused to leave half of his forces uncommitted, but did agree to leave six full groups in France, for border defense of the Rhine and potential redeployment.

Now, such a decision has proven fruitful. After very brief talks with Drexler, the dictator has agreed to allow French troops passage through the Federation to strike at Bavaria from the rear. Both Napoleon IV and Napoleon-Joseph are confused about his willingness to assist (even Napoleon IV, with the knowledge that he clandestinely supplied Drexler with funds during the Bavarian war, is confused about why he would assist them), but whatever his reasons, Drexler's help is fortuitous. With six full French armies ready to strike Bavaria from the undefended rear, the General Staff anticipates that it will be possible to capture Munich before the Bavarians are capable of disengaging from the Czech territories, and, without resupply or reinforcements from their homeland, they might then be easily wiped out in the fields of Bavaria.

>Supreme Ruler
>play as Egypt

>have 100% war motive toward USA
>ISRAEL attacks with no motives wahtsoever

What V2 countries can reach number 1 without blobbing(or imperialisming across africa)?
>Britain
>France
>Germany
>Russia
>Japan
>'merica

Are there any others? China is shit and boring for 70 years so I ignored it.

Can't see a religious subforum. Hummah is a religious concept. As Tunis I can grab south mediterranean sea.

HUMMAH GOES FROM MAROC TO IRAN.

Some images include eastern coasts of Persian Gulf. But hoenstly I'll leave Persians alone.

If retaking your cores is not blobbing then the PLC.

Are HiP or CK2+ good or should I just stay with vanilla?

fuck off to /PoL/ urseslf neo-nazi lol

germans are trash garbage that killed 6 million innocent jews, all germans MUST die

They're both better than vanilla that's for sure

t. Winston Churchill

How do you even succeed at PLC? The only polish nation at the start is krakow and they get sphered by russia, who NEVER joins them against austria. Austria is a shit ally and would never beat prussia or russia. Prussia just does not care about you.

Just release Poland or Lithuania and stay as tum

Yes, I did. Just git gud, m8.

I'm pretty sure contrarians and edgy kids would love Churchill if he wasn't so mainstream.

>start to think hoi iv will actually be good
>remember that one meme general will lead an entire army with no command structure
>remember there will be three dumbed down parties so americans don't have to think too hard
>remember that the map up close will look like a civ game

Well, that makes for a pretty border. Gib Sinaï to Israël!

As French troops cross the Rhine into Bavaria, chaos breaks out in Austria. In the aftermath of the dismantlement of Austria-Hungary and their brutal defeat in the Eisenstadt War, Austria is a poor nation with almost no support for the government. This support has been eroded even more following Anton Drexler's seizure of power in Germany, for local NSDAP members in Austria--by-and-large, men who volunteered for service under Otto I during the National War, like Adolf Hitler and Horst Remmele--have been stirring up discontent and fomenting revolution, with the goal of toppling the horribly unpopular Franz III and joining the territory of Austria with the North German Federation under Drexler.

Now, with Bavaria invaded, Franz III's refusal to send any assistance to his "fellow German brethren" appears to be the final straw for discontented German pan-nationalists in Austria; they have risen up in incredible numbers throughout the country, with 60,000 militia in Vienna alone, to "smash the archaic Austrian state and forge, with her land, a greater destiny." Ardent monarchist and General Horst Steeb is attempting to throw them back at least long enough to give Franz III time to flee the city, but it appears that their numbers may be so overwhelming as to block any escape for the Kaiser.

What will happen to the situation in Germany if Remmele and his fellows succeed remains to be seen, and is a matter of grave concern for Napoleon IV and Napoleon-Joseph both.

IS IT HABBENING? I didn't even have to do anything!