How do I get over my fear of cold calling?

So, I started a window cleaning service this summer. I'm very good at it, I have good equipment, etc. But, my advertising budget is exactly $0, and things like facebook, craigslist, etc., haven't exactly been a goldmine for customers.

I know that I'm going to have to go around to businesses in person and give them a sales pitch. Problem, I always puss out and I haven't been able to do it. Fear of rejection I guess. Is there any way to get over that fear?

Masturbate, smoke crack

Start doing it with no intention of making a sale. Just call random people and talk to them about random shit.

drive around
find places with dirty windoze
>ding dong
"oh hi, I just finished doing windoze nearby. Since I am here, doing windoze at discount"
get sale
When done, if customer is happy
"please review le google, angie's list, yelp, whatever"
tell your friends
gib bizcard
kthxbai

I have my sales pitch, it's getting my ass in the door that's the hard part.

door to door
seems better than cold calling
for window cleaning

Yeah, I should have specified that I was using "calling" in the 18th century fashion of "calling" on a business, in person, not over the phone.

I know it's August, but winter is fast approaching and I want to build up some business clients to get me through the cold months. I'm talking store fronts, car dealerships, etc.

I know if I could just get in their and clean their windows, they'd be happy with the results, but I turn into such a pussy when I try to actually walk into a business.

Is there anyway to get over that fear?

Repetition
Come up with a script. Force yourself to do it.
Only experience will reduce that fear.

Plus it's not as bad as you think. What's the worst that's going to happen? They say no? They already have a guy? Get some intel if you can and keep doing it.

Just do it. Now. Get off /biz and go walk into some businesses.

Go make that money

This.
The first secret of success in life is doing what needs to be done and not waiting until you feel like it.
The second secret is planning for success. Like user said, make a script and improve it with experience.

I figured there was no magic to it. I guess I already knew that. Tomorrow, I have my first commercial client. (I've done a few residential places thanks for word of mouth.)

I managed to land them because I actually needed there services and I was just BS'ing with the guy and told him I'd started a window cleaning service. He was like, "Oh, we've been looking for someone to do ours for awhile!" And boom, just like that, I had the account.

So tomorrow, once I get that sweet first commercial check, I'm hoping I'll be pumped up to go out and get more.

You won't be. Do it anyway!

Look up S.P.I.N. sales method. the startup company I work at uses it. I've been in sales for years.
Amazing method.
There's also straight line persuasion selling.

I'm in the same boat OP.

Flyers + Door to Door.

Door to door is simple. Knock. Apologize if they seem pissed.

"Hey just wanted to hand you a flyer for my window cleaning business. I'm _______ and have cleaned windows all around town. Thanks".

It's that simple. Then walk away. The goal is not to sell them. If they are interested they'll tell you.

Do this 200x per week and you'll have some customers in no time.

As for the fear, it's like everything else in life. Just do it a few times and it becomes comfortable. Fear only goes away after experience. Just the way it is.

Don't cold call. It doesn't work and will especially not work in your type of business.

dont. dont cold call. its annoying and makes you a detriment to society

Stalk ex-gfs for practice

The best advice is: just do it.

When you get atychiphobia or in normal english fear of failure, one way to counteract it is to put yourself in the situation where you need to act before you give yourself the chance to know what is happening. Skip the anxious part.
If you need to give someone a sales pitch, just go up to them to say hi without ever having the idea of having a sales pitch, then when they notice you, your instincts should kick in and the sales pitch should come on its own.

There is a chance you may fail your sales pitch, but then just consider it practice and do it again. Just don't try it on a really important business connection or something like that.

This is what usually works for me.

unfortunately the only way to get over your fear is to face your fear repeatedly until it becomes natural.

that, or do it drunk/high..

>Straight Line
Bro can you please share your experiences with it, I've heard that the script + tonality info is killer.

Most I've gotten from straight line is mastering tonality. Even if your speaking skills is shit, tonality is what will save the day. I recommend torrenting from PirBy. And practicing it. Record yourself selling if you can. And improve. Like everyone else has said, repeat your script until it's fucking burned into your skull.

It took me about 2 months to get the hang of it, but once I did my commissions checks started showing $$$

This was me in daily commissions once I had tonality locked down.

snort zoloft

what website is this?

I hate cold calling people but I've found ironically that making up a small amount of bullshit helps me get into character and out of my own head, say you've been doing this for 5 years, pretend you have a pricing model per window normally but you are switching to a flat cost model, just garbage that they'll tune out but puts you in character.

Buy books on selling and just bite the bullet and do it, eventually you will get better

Its not my choice but I have been given breast cancer charity as my account. Its harder when its a charity because the target has nothing to gain. If you try and guilt trip them they tell you to fuck off. Any tips?

What do you do mate?