/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

Mickey Mouse Club edition

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
youtube.com/watch?v=f0KcoZhG3oE
cloud.mail.ru/public/JtB6/AnfubjaTq
coc.epicstalker.com/patches/Patch_Notes.txt
mega.nz/#!tIYH3Tab!QVBWW_PQN49832cWiCbhOw8xxwIngL8YN7480pB0SIE
youtube.com/watch?v=D7gYh_VgLyU
moddb.com/mods/translations/downloads/the-way-to-pripyat-english-all-in-one1),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Harpoon Knife/Alternate Flashlights for Arsenal Overhaul 3.x+
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous bread

tasty sandwich

youtube.com/watch?v=f0KcoZhG3oE
[hardbass intensifies]

It's more like I'm alternating them :v I've been neglecting warfare for weaponsoup for a good amount of time which is one reason I want to finish weaponsoup soon.

:"|||||||""""""""""""""""""""

Man I am so fucking HYPE

Clear Sky best faction

If they only looked like that in actuality.

Is there a torrent for OGSE 0.6.9.3 Final 2.0 Standalone?

Nope, but there's a nice repo up there in the OP with it.

more like dead faction lol

they just look like very fat men in game

Aha, should have checked that. Can you give me the main differences between OGSE and AMK? I've played neither, only SoC Complete (yes I know). Have however done a nice run of CoC, but I'll wait on weaponsoup and other addons before sinking more hours in to it.

Man, weaponsoup sounds so good
Would it be possible to make the flashlight unusable unless you bought and equipped it?
Maybe have flashlight attachment?

cloud.mail.ru/public/JtB6/AnfubjaTq

I wish, i hate the trousers on the cs-1. Aren't there any mods that bring the suit back?

I think originally it was based on AMK but it's changed so much over the years. It has a lot of extra content and a lot of surprises.

Is it fun?

Captcha: Romagnat STOP

It's very Slav
It also expects you to listen to everything people have to say
It starts pretty slow, so don't be surprised if you spend 5-8 hours in Cordon

yes

I'm current'y playing through OGSE right now and I can say it's fun, if not somewhat frustrating and Slavic.

Yeah it has quite the hobo stage, and you have to stay there for a while to get all the shit done anyways.

That's quite a long time. Are the enemies bullet sponges? I like it when bandits are lethal, but only if you can pack the same punch back.

OGSM

Thanks

Not to mention their stupidly large hoods.

Thanks!

If you installeret the weapon mod everything drops in a few shots
If you follower the first few quests you'll get rifles within 15 minutes, and even military guys drop to just a few rounds of 7.62x39

I wish there was a heavy monolith variant.

in cock 1.3.2, i noticed there's one particular ambient sound that plays all the fucking time, namely a dying man's scream (arrgh). it's 100% not an actual npc dying, just a random sound like the wind blowing.

i'm pretty sure it was not present in 1.3.1x. is there any way of getting rid of it? it's really fucking stupid.

There's Monolith radiation suits, and a lot of mods add exos.

I know, thats not what i meant, i meant heavier variants of the monolith suit, not exos and rad suits, tb h i hate the way the exos look.

What, you don't like the immersive sounds of wolves howling at every hour of the day and the telltale sound of someone burning their finger on a stove and screaming in pain?

thats part of the added "Shadow of Chernobyl ambient sounds"

coc.epicstalker.com/patches/Patch_Notes.txt

there a bunch of them, instead of replacing the audio files with empty ones just go into
gamedata\configs\environment\ambients.ltx

and remove all instances of "swm_shout"

or just use this
mega.nz/#!tIYH3Tab!QVBWW_PQN49832cWiCbhOw8xxwIngL8YN7480pB0SIE

read me:
this replaces the ambient shouting/screaming sounds with an empty sound file.

just merge with gamedata folder, overwrite files when asked. I have included the original packed Ambient SoC sounds, so you can decide which ones you would like to cancel out buy using the empty sound file, if not all of them.

>the telltale sound of someone burning their finger on a stove and screaming in pain

kek

>someone burning their finger on a stove
I always thought it sounded like the beginning of this
youtube.com/watch?v=D7gYh_VgLyU

Any outfit ideas?

Did someone put glue on that chair ?

raincoat + gasmask

The garbagebag suit you can't get in CoC but lots of economists run around in

A question or two about OGSE.

Is it possible to cook specific artifacts, or do you have to get lucky and find them in the field or as a quest reward? I'm trying to get a moonlight and shell for some transmutes.

What is a decent, all-round rifle and armor set? Scope-compatible would help a lot, and low repair costs would help even more.

NBC suit with your choice of helmet, much like the sunrise suit.

Seva, rad suit and exo could be something loners buy from the scientists. It explains why they aren't themed like other loner gear and saves you three suits that you have to make for ecologists.

What is this?

For what purpose?

what?

Huh?

>ripping models from SMP
Werejew, please reconsider. Mostly because:
1: some of those models look really bad
2: some CoP mods already did that. I clearly remember the MG3 being in one of them - it's that shitty story mod that has you start in Cordon, talking to a sniper from BF3 with a missing arm (The way/road to Pripyat or something like that).

>It starts pretty slow, so don't be surprised if you spend 5-8 hours in Cordon

>it has quite the hobo stage
The fuck are you guys talking about? You can leave cordon in 2 hours with 100k RU on you, and while that really isn't much in OGSE it allows you to run the SVD as primary weapon.

why are slavs so funny lol

alcohol and crippling depression

DUDE VODKA LMAO ))))))))

Why don't you just wear a coat and a gasmask?

It could work as a garbagebag prototype or something

So the SGM heavy sunrise with more pockets?

I'll see if I can find a CS/CoP model of the alpha exo I can't get the fucking SDK working

Literally nothing

Are there any mods that add a lot of armors, preferably for CoC I've not seen half the shit in in-game.

>It could work as a garbagebag prototype or something
Isn't that suit supposed to be high tier?

No clue. The models were added in a patch without any info iirc.

They do look less advanced than the eggbags imo

While that is true that suit seems to be worn mostly by unique characters.

Oh, and is that you, Werejew?

Yes, I've paused weaponsoup to work on suits.

At least one idiot will fall for this.

Oh shit. Are those all of the suits you're planning to have in the first release?

Never played SMP; if they are that bad then alright no big deal, I'm not trying to add a bunch of low quality weapons.

haha nah, though I do hope that someone makes a nice suit overhaul. saves me the effort of fucking with things there...

On a side note, I'm probably just going to use the ak105 model for the ak9 again; it looks closer than the ak105 with an sr3m mag... Plus saves some time I guess.

Those look great. Are those in CoC? I loved the eggheads in SGM mod, the ones that merged artifacts, i wish i knew if those suits exist.

They're used by the Mercenaries that guard the base in Yantar.

>if they are that bad
From what I remember they aren't THAT bad, it's that it's kind of like AO3 in the sense that there are a lot of really bad models among some good ones. And as I already said you could just rip them from "the Way to Pripyat" (moddb.com/mods/translations/downloads/the-way-to-pripyat-english-all-in-one1), that'd save you a bit of time.

cool, downloading now. I'll check it out.

Cool thanks, are they based on real world models? And does anyone know if pic related are?

It just looks like a generic CBRN suit with a SCBA tank and mask. Probably something by either MSA or Scott.

Hatred against /mu/tants is not exactly exclusive to this general, or board, user.

Werejew, are you going to do Nimble-versions of some of your weapons?
I just tried using nimble with STCoP installed and he cucked me out of my money hardcore, giving me normal weapons

please god somehow make a CS exo
I see NPCs wearing them

wait, there's not? not him but I just edited a file called wpn_hand_exo_cs.ogf.

Gonna test getting in the tavor animations. not going to import the gun just yet (gonna wait for the update), but if this works then i can get a few guns from that "the way to pripyat" mod and some more from taz/misery.

oh, and probably not at first just because I don't want to push this back any further really. But as I've said before, its going to follow a warfare like path - I'll be adding on to it over time and making it better as time progresses. Some things I'll tweak faster than others; I expect to modify all of the weapon stats based on what people say pretty early on (recoil etc)

Speaking of warfare, you might want to tweak the NPC kill reward. Right now on a clean install with a x1 multiplier I'm getting ~2k rubles per kill.

Probably some NPCs with a freak rank (are you fighting clear sky by chance? I noticed that with them a lot which is why they steamrolled in early versions of warfare).

Either way, I'll make it dependent on starting squad power instead. That'd be a much better number to go on.

I don't think so, it's too consistent. I can shoot up a bunch of zombies and get rich just as easily as I can killing mercs.

FUCK WARFARE
THE MERCS MAN, THEY NEVER END

Help?

Alright, I'll change it up.

You can tweak warfare to be whatever you want really. If you don't want endless waves make the mercs spawn much less, set expansion aggression super low, and set random patrols high if you want to see squads cycle throughout the zone.
Ended up saying fuck it since I already appended the tavor animations to all the arm files, so I guess theres a tavor now. Not gonna add any scopes to it yet though, and its lacking a normal map and specular map for a short period of time. Not the best model, but meh.

upload weaponsoup
ree

nimble only exists to give shitters their, unique to player only, OP weapons

yeah i shouldn't have fucked with the tavor but doing that taught me how to get really any fucking weapon from any cs / cop mod by just appending their animations to arms instead of overwriting other ones. Back to finishing it up~

>appended the tavor animations to all the arm files
what are you doing, you only append it to one

well shit. just saw the animation defs in all the arm files and figured they did that for a reason i guess.

topkek

Just tested it, you need it in every file it seems. I had it in 2/37 or whatever, made sure they were loading, and it crashed saying it was unable to find the animation.

Where is Figa in OGSE?

Yantar, hangar on the left from the entrance, failing on the right side. He doesn't show up on the minimap and the bioradar, and I think his quest is mandatory if you want the good ending.

you get a hand mesh append all your animations to it and export it to omf, once you're done you're always done. nobody can break shit, short of deleting your animation file. now with your method suit modder or anyone else will break your shit by adding a single new suit that has arm meshes that aren't yours

want to add more anims? just do one file again and you're done. with your method, 37 files again.

Werejew, since you're here, how hard would it be for you to
1: make exos disadvantageous to use, such as making shittons of noise when moving , also lower sprinting speed even with servomotors
2. make exos "attachable" a la OGSE?

I think I found the truck cemetery.

>select all images with commercial trucks.

imo there should be several types of top tier suits along the exo, i always hated how the exo was the best and there was little choice in the end game.

The choice is not to wear one you casual. Leather jackets are where the real endgame is.

That's what I'm getting at, it's so good to the point that every suit that it makes obsolete every other suit save for maybe the red garbage bag if you want to fetch artifacts from thermal/chemical anomalies.

Le self imposed challenge isn't an answer for shit being way too good.

Dear Werejew could you please make it so rifles are worse than pistols because otherwise nobody will ever use pistols and it's unbalanced.
Thanks.

>actually being retarded