plasmagamesblog.wordpress.com/
blendswap.com/blends/view/72816
funwari-chan.bandcamp.com/track/xxvii
funwari-chan.bandcamp.com/track/basement-40
funwari-chan.bandcamp.com/track/primary-battery
omicron.itch.io/placid-trip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can I just say something?

Sourcefam really is the worst person I've ever seen on the internet. He's not a bad person in the same way people on other boards are, like posting mutilated animals or anything. He's just rotten to the core, negative, and a bad person. He's a failure and he can't stop telling us about it all the time, and if it's wrong for us to point this out, then just ban us I guess?

It would honestly be a favor. Because lately it seems this place is an illusion where supposedly it's for gamedev but 80% of the posts belong to the same raving lunatic. It is hard to keep pouring positive energy into a place that is haunted by this person.

Anyway, that's my only input on the matter.

Fuck you, reek. You're shit and you know it. I hope something comes to you that removes you from the internet for good. I really do. You're so overdue for it.

can someone explain this source meme to me?

Post waifu jam games. Everybody except the furfag.

Oh and to be clear, what makes him definitively the worse person I've ever seen on the internet is how he has dedicated months and months (from what I've seen) to being a horrible person in one particular board.

I know he's been caught shitposting in other boards when he started wearing the birdmath trip but it goes beyond that. He has decided that AGDG is his victim and that he'll never let it go.

Someone like this can only be "helped" by having something tragic happen to them in real life, and I don't wish bad things on other people usually but Sourcefam, honestly dude. Your time is coming and you're going to regret how many hours and nights, months and years you've spent torturing this community.

I wish you nothing but the worst in life, because it's truly all you deserve. Good riddance to you and your entire genetic lineage. You are scum that when removed from the human race, will leave a vaccuum for far more worthy people to fill. Goodbye.

Devs. Disregard this until it's deleted or we're banned, do whatever. Best of luck to you.

low poly best poly

Don't bully him.

just rangeban him

reposting cos last thread died

What's a good language to learn alongside C#? I was considering learning Lua and making a project with Love2D alongside my unity projects. Any recommendations?

Or maybe I should stick to one language? I've been learning C# for about a month.

====WEEKLY RECAP MONDAY====
If you want to be in this week's recap, reply to this post using the format below.
The scraper works better with rectangular PNGs, but feel free to use whatever you want.
If you stray from the format and use quotes/markup, the program might not pick your game up properly.

I'll try to make the scraper work with this post as well.

By all means, keep working on your project. Was merely pointing out that the scraper wouldn't work with your fields as is.

====Recap Format====
Game Name:
Dev Name:
Tools Used:
Website(s):
Progress:
(+ For positive progress)
(- For negative progress)

hugable/20

learn to ignore that shit.
I simply go back to unity when he starts having his shit.

Indeed.

How do I make things like this please

Just look at this. Does it look like it belongs in this general? It's nodev filth from a Full Sail Shitposter. The only worse thing is he keeps giving out his garbage nodev """"""""advice"""""""", as if anyone cares.

Just in case, repost:

>Game Name: VitoMiom
>Dev Name: Deppressed Trap Dev
>Tools Used: GML, FLStudio, Notepad++
>Website(s): Look, a flying unicorn!
>Progress:
+ Added rules on what can be touched: for all the thing that the player can get to, only what's colored can be touched.
+ Started mapping the demo...
+ Muh ball sound effect, gonna post webm when finished
= I need some other people opinions on my colors (because of some sort of colour-blindness)
- Jojo prevent me from posting progress...
- I have the feeling that all the work I do change nothing
(-- Fuck oestrus.)

I agree.

Yeah, I had some on old shareware CDs. I'll try to find the names for you.

Learn concepts, not languages :^)

>sourcefam gets caught tripfagging as birdmath in both agdg and /ic/
>is now spamming bob ross and /ic/ shit
man
just
LEAVE
fuck
you might be the worst presence on any Veeky Forums board and that's not an exaggeration

Xen Assault - Taking the high ground!

>random chromatic abberation
>those fuckawful animations

youtube.com/user/MrLasla/playlists

he has indepth tutorials

If you find one, I'd love to learn more about them.

these must be so old to be shareware

>bullying
>2015

I'm done talking about it. But sourcefam will never stop shit posting. It's disturbing to the point that it's actually scary when you see it in it's totality. If you check through archives almost a year old you'll see him doing the same thing he's doing now and even posting the same images.
In other words agdg is harboring one of the most mentally unstable people on Veeky Forums, which means he's one of the most mentally unstable people on the internet.

i think that the artist simply draws everything in photoshop, i tried it and its way easier than drawing in 3d because it doesn't have all the features a drawing program have

Man, turns out making boss fights interesting is hard. This thing's gonna need something more.

Game Name: SpeedStorm
Dev Name: Plasma
Tools Used: C++, SFML, OpenGL
Website(s): plasmagamesblog.wordpress.com/ (Nothing there yet though)
Progress:
+ More fog parameters
+ New Sewer level with stop/go gimmick
+ New Construction level
- Not sure how I want to design my particle system
- I feel like my game is missing something

it's possible to rig and animate models inside unity and then make such animations+rigs be shared among models?

Something will happen. No matter how cushy and sheltered someone is they can't keep up behavior like this forever. He's already far past his expiration date here. Real life is going to catch up with either him or his mom and he'll be forced to focus on something else besides agdg.
And then agdg will be free. For the first time since it's conception.

I would also like to know this.

I'm having a really hard time deciding what sort of graphical direction I should go in. Is there some sort of place where I can look at all sorts of games (specifically 3D games) without needing to know the names so I can get some inspiration?

Isn't this basically copter?

stop, sourcefam.
just stop.
the scariest thing about you is your complete inability to look at yourself and always
always
bringing up other people
the sad thing is that you blame actual devs for your behavior
you are a known faildev because you keep blogposting to us about how you couldnt even make a basic garrys mod map without upsetting people who gave you a chance

no... unless you just swap textures. if you know how to weight paint you can adjust the weight to another model

Do you mean the textures? That's pretty much how everyone does it. Usually people will make some very basic texture in the 3D program with texture paint just to get the basic shape there then go into photoshop or whatever to clean it up and detail it properly.

the problem with ignoring him is he starts to lash out at random devs because he craves people paying attention to him

Pinterest. Go look for "3d game" boards and download every picture with jDownloader.

Kouotsu's art is so good.

>yet more garbage """""""""""""advice""""""""""""" from someone who doesn't even have a game

REPORT THIS POST SPECIFICALLY.

REPORT THIS POST SPECIFICALLY!

Please get this person banned right away.

Thank you, I forgot about jdownloader.

yeah i mean its so much better, despite the more work you have to put it and be more careful with the UV's

see

the mods NEED to range ban him

sourcefam was obnoxious even before people attacked him

This

that's all high poly tho

blendswap.com/blends/view/72816

same progress as yesterday, added multi threading and finished the particle engines

what do you look for in a 2D game framework /agdg/? access to shaders? gui tools? performance?

>Game Name:
Spaceship Crew Self-Defense Simulator (working title)
>Dev Name:
Anonymous
>Tools Used:
GameMaker
>Website(s):
>Progress:
+Resumed work on project
+NPCs will now face the direction they're walking towards or face the player
+fixed a bunch of bugs
-didn't as much as I would have liked
+gonna work harder this week

shaders would be nice

I didn't bully him. Life did when it made him mentally ill.

Game Name: Rat Ellipses
Dev Name: Koizap
Tools Used: Unity3d, Blender, Paint Tool Sai
Website(s): koizap.tumblr.com, @koiZap3d
Synopsis of Game: 3d Platforming Adventure Shooter, inspired by PS2 era games like Jak,Ratchet and Clank and Sly Cooper.
Progress: +Breakables now work.
+New Melee attack animation re done
+Home Level layout sketch done.
+Sketched more gun concepts
-I still cant find a way to update .blend files without wiping all my animation clip events.

This art is shitty but is so fucking cozy

oops forgot webm

I might do a stream tonight dealing with basic music principles. Anyone into that? I can do some basic Q and A too. My theory isnt so good but I can show you guys how to do basic stuff with synthesizers.

Added a shake to the y coords, and now it looks even better.

I want you to do your best today, Aggy Daggy!

I'd be interested in that. I don't know fucking anything about music but I would love to learn how to emulate a style of an artist I like.

the cutting edge of fashion

Not sure its worthwhile putting in some sort of lighting. (torches and the like)
I think for a dark cave, there is sufficient light.

It could be a trash can with a $ sign on it. That's pretty evocative.

Dragon's head should stay longer in the air and its rear legs should fall over as well. It looks like it's crouching right now.

WEAKEN THAT SHIT, jesus.

This is pretty badass. I'm excited to see what it'll look like with full graphics.

What artist?

I'm really late to post here but I strongly don't recommend any Gamemaker books. Why? It's because what those books simply take existing information from the already free in-program manual and just regurgitate that information. Gamemaker is like a giant canvas with a ton of tools. If you don't know your tools than how will you ever use them?

What it sounds like is you need to learn some programming first. These are the basic building blocks that many people need to know. I strongly recommend Codecadamy's python tutorial. This will teach you the basics of how to write code. You don't have to do all of it but you really should do as much as you can. Study each lesson. Understand why you are doing certain functions. Dedicate a week or two just doing python. It will help you understand GML so much better if you have this understanding.

Once you do finish the tutorial. Look up a youtuber with GML. Some great mentions in this thread. I personally like Shaun Spalding. He is the one who immediately jumps into GML and offers some solid advice for writing GML. You will find that with your new Python knowledge and his tutorials will actually set you up to make ANY kind of game. You will realize just how vital the F1 help manual really is.

Of course, if you want to buy a book you can but honestly I've tried books before in learning code. It just doesn't work out. Most of the time these books just dump a ton of concepts and very little examples. What you need is experience.

>2015
>not wearing potted pants and a myrtle neck

>Game Maker books
I'm surprised these are even a thing.

I hope you're only using that effect with, say, boss death explosions. Otherwise we're going to have a problem.
That aside, glad you're no longer slapping random images and textures together. These generic tiles are easier on the eye.

Looks unique! Good luck, user.

>tfw used to do this
>worm crawled out of my backpack
never again

I made this
Am I a real gamedev again?

Just a small artist called Funwari-chan. Here are some example tracks.
funwari-chan.bandcamp.com/track/xxvii
funwari-chan.bandcamp.com/track/basement-40
funwari-chan.bandcamp.com/track/primary-battery
I'd love creating music similar to this someday, it'd fit perfectly with the sort of game I want to make. I tried messing around in LSDJ for fun a while back and even with a tutorial I didn't understand shit.

puu,sh/p2AqE/2c2d69f9d4.txt

Thank you! I hope the originality of my game will help to make it interesting. I really want to share people a little message: there's a lot of kind of game to do in 2d that we don't even know about

What's the general ratio human:average wall:average tree? My graphic skills suck and I want to do a rational preview

Took this from OpenGameArt. I think I'll just put it near the player's start position in the first map to indicate how they arrived.

anyone know where i can find a complete link to the past sprite sheet? i need some place holder shit while i shop around for artists

Have a box collider above the boss. If player is there boss does a spin and drops the player under him and lazers his ass.

better than Thomas Was Alone

or any 8-directional movement game with attacking for that matter

Kinda, there's no gravity and hitting horizontal walls won't hurt you.
You can also control you speed to go slower/faster. I definitely want to prevent the game feeling samey the whole way through, so I've added gimmicks and powerups to certain stages. Already thinking about having one rely on lighting

How do you manage your time between deving and playing games and other hobbys?

I found a golden ratio of 1:40 on a daily basis is just the right amount to feel like shit

I'm also wondering this. I always manage to fuck things like this up.

excessive breathing anyone?

here's a tip, enable front-face culling when drawing to your shadow map
also are you just subtracting/multiplying the frag colour when it's in a shadow?
An optimization would be just not adding the light to fragments if it's in shadow, that way you also save time by not calculating the light in shadows.

Found it it only took 2:20

sketchfab is pretty cool

>Game Name: Placid Trip
>Dev Name: PlacidTripDev
>Tools Used: Unity3d, C#
>Website(s): omicron.itch.io/placid-trip
>Synopsis of Game: You got lost in Mojave desert on your journey to/from Las Vegas. And there's nothing but mescaline cacti around.
>Progress: Hell yeah Voronoi Noise!

Guys, post examples of nice RPG inventories please?

For me, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I will dev, I try to dev for at least a few hours those days. I just have to force myself to do it if I don't want to.
On other days I'll sometimes dev, but not always. If I want to play a game I usually try to dev for an hour before playing. My only other hobby is gardening and bonsai, which is just watering on most days so it doesn't interfere with gamedev.

Unfortunately I bought Overwatch so I'm just gonna nodev all week.

Better quality

So a few iterations ago i had an armature in blender and now i'm trying to use pose mode and the bones won't respond

This is me trying to rotate the bone and it just won't move

has this happened to anybody before? any suggestions?

>tfw mecha jam failed

fUCK OFF SOURCEFAM

why is source even allowed here still ffs

>tfw had two ideas
>one for boat jam
>one for mecha jam
>had to choose one idea because some idiot made both themes one jam, instead of two jams

I'll still make a mecha game one day though.

Did you parent the mesh to the armature? Usually when you do it it will come with options like apply automatic weights.

nobody had art honestly
same applies to waifu jam

You had your chance to make the jam page

name one waifu jam game that has no art

Not calculating the light (in this case a lightmap texture) would just produce a solid color shadow, which isn't what I want.

I'll look into front-face culling, though.

Mine. It also has no code, music, writing or idea behind it.

not a game
try again

you don't add ambient constantly?