/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Crawl 0.18 Tourney is over! dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.18/overview.html dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.18/teams.html
>/rlg/ teams:
Algerian Curse Removal Ltd (27th place!)
WE WUZ PHARAOHS N SHIIIEEET (86th place!)

Crawl 0.18 release: crawl.develz.org/wordpress/crawl-0-18-pakellass-packrats

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yMMSL9znTmc
git.develz.org/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=23faf3b4bf32dd5bf43ef3ac02330daf07f2d1f0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I made a crappy wallpaper using that chei fanart and figured I'd share it.

I like it.

Nice.

cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum

Funny, I was just browsing /wg/ to find a replacement and just saw this. Looks good man.

New wallpaper thanks user

Cleaned up the random dark pixels that kept making me think I had dirt on my monitor.

Not him but your either your monitor is xboxhuge or you have really good eyesight because I don't see shit

youtube.com/watch?v=yMMSL9znTmc

For the user that wanted music for MuMo.

Okay found them a bit ago
Now I can't unsee them

This should be fun.

So I've never played a caster before in DCSS and I've managed to get a DrWz to L:5
I've found a bunch of spellbooks between random loot, a labyrinth, and Sif Muna gifting me a few. Problem is, I have no idea what spells I want. I don't know how a lot of these spell will play out in lategame. I currently have Magic Dart, Blink, RMsl, Mephetic Cloud, Swiftness, and Fireball memorized.

The list went too long for me to cap it, but the other spells I can memorize are Darkness, Invisibility, Statue Form, Malign Gateway, Monstrous Menagerie, Ring of Flames, Controlled Blink, Disjunction, and Glaciate.

Also current skill ranks.

The stuff that really stands out to me is Force lance, Pcloud, Ignite Poison and Orb of Destruction. Passage of Golubria is really good too, and Apportation is worth learning. You should probably learn Bolt of fire in the mean time for some extra punch.

Nice job.
mine was a really lazy effort, I just erased the cheibrados and colorfied it to match my windows theme, also tiny screen so I didn't even see the dirt.
Glad you like it.
I feel awkward posting there with /g/desktop being dead, glad you like it though.

Would Lightning Bolt be a better choice over Bolt of Fire? I'm currently lacking any hard-hitting spells that can deal with fire resistant enemies. I already had to run away from a Fire Dragon and skip out on a Volcano.

Spells that I suggest:

Force lance is a MUST, get it it's good.

Delayed fireball costs only 2 spell points and is broken as fuck. Basically you cast it and you have a free, instant (read: 0.0 time to cast it) fireball you can use by opening the abilities menu ANY time after you have casted it. This means that you cast it inbetween battles to ready up a fireball for an extra punch right away.

All the bolt spells are crazy good.

Passage of golubria is super fun.

Controlled blink is blinking scroll: the spell. This shit is SUPER good, but it does have retarded prerequisites to cast it reliaiably.

Lightning Bolt is awful for roughly the same reasons as the wand.

You don't want lightning bolt ever really. Stuff with rElec is too common for use, its LOUD as fuck, and it just doesn't pack enough punch. You can use venom bolt if you really need a non fire spell, its actually pretty decent, and very strong with ignite poison.

may your path be blessed.

>DDA
>get struck by lightning while swimming
>float vest destroyed
>drown

You can get struck by lightning?

It's happened to me twice, and I've been playing for years, so it's pretty rare

>swimming in DDA
Is there even a point to it? Is there anything you can find in watery places or underwater? I know they have swim gear, like wetsuits and fishing spearguns and stuff like that, but aside from using it to cross rivers or something is there any reason to actually go swimming?

I never realized how strong Brothers in Arms was
Whenever something that I can't sneak by or safely tab appears I just press the button and the summon guts it in 2-3 turns

The only enemy I've found which I couldn't deal with by walking away, berserking or Brothers In Arms was a death yak, and that was mostly because I didn't want to waste the piety to kill a sleeping enemy

This makes a lot of my Berserker splats in less handicapped races look silly. I had the "no screw you take 2 berserked iron trolls to the face" button in my nose all along and never used it to get out of tight spots

My little kitty heart can't handle all this loot
Send help

Wait, I just remembered I'm a cat, I cannot use that shit
In any case I got a manual of Stealth, an artifact ring and 3 rods I'll never be able to use

Hydra sure is underwhelming.

Seven blows! That does 100 damage if the monster resists poison (hint: they resist poison)
No AC
No idea how you get endgame speed, so I hope they continue to get a lot for evolving
Actually helmet and amulet items are kind of poor in general (though maybe randarts helps here)

Hopefully the other early artifact hats show up sometime soon.

Farm 555 until old age and wear 10 berserker amulets

This game, man. Stumbled down a cave and met this guy and a few of his followers down on a small level on depth 3. Surrounded by a bunch of apes.
In a game in which drinking water is the currency they use it to worship their god.
And I'll have to find a way to somehow kill them, I want his mask.
Sun and moon, outlander.

Yeah. It's probably the most important tool other than high stealth/dodging as a FeBe. I had to switch over to using BoB's in Zot on mine, but the Evo is obviously well worth it anyway.

>Gearhead is dead

Okay I made it /rlg/-related now, you guys better appreciate this.

>3 rods I'll never be able to use
You can use wands but not rods? That seems pretty bullshit.

there are some good standart helms (

Any of you niggas played Cogmind?

The free version back in the days, yeah. I've been following the development of the new one as well, and while it looks fucking fantastic and the gameplay sounds like great fun, the presentation is just so incredibly busy. It's visual overload pure. Plus, it's not easily playable with just your keyboard anymore, it basically needs a mouse. Which isn't fun for roguelikes, really.

I played it a few times and it was boring shit.

Would be willing to try it again if the developer didn't charge me the price of 3 much better games, or a music show for an unfinished game.

that shit looks fly tho

So you can post about how swimming killed you on /rlg/

This will never cease to make me chuckle.

fffffffffuck Gachapin

Jesus this floor was intense. This is the furthest I've ever been, and I'm afraid I'm gonna fuck up soon.

Good job!
Now make your way to the slime pits

>find a helmet on D:1
>Are you helping me now, RNGesus?
>this happens

Nice trick, RNGesus. I'll never let my guard down again.

I need a suggestion for a fun character to play in PCB. My favorite runs so far were an android mauler an imp ninja, both splatted in 70+ of Angband.

>143205779
No, no. Bad user. You can't just give badvice to other anons like that, no more (you)'s for you!

Killing uniques in that game is always fun.

Almost every run I'll take some time off from the quests to hunt down snapjaw uniques or find lairs.

>MuMo
>Wearing armor
HERESY

Not sure if you knew this but you can actually fight their godhe's the strongest enemy in the game but you get a sweet cudgel for killing him.

>a helmet
>armor

git.develz.org/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=23faf3b4bf32dd5bf43ef3ac02330daf07f2d1f0
Opinions?

It increases arnmor class so it's armor
Shut up i keep forgetting that aux slots are halal

Looks like some unholy combination of Oka and Xom.

>just finished an awful Ce attempt
WHy does this game taunt me so?

Tonberry ninja.

Android Rune Knight

Ce is pretty easy. Pick a sidearm, put some levels into it and fighting to improve early survivability, then just rotate between your ranged weapon and FIghting. Kill popcorn on melee, keep your ammo for tough stuff. Since most early uniques are normal speed you can walk away from them and resume shooting. Once you're satisfied with your delay and damage, start adding some dodging into the mix, hopefully on or a bit before Lair. You can keep doing that until endgame, though you'll want some stuff like Portal Projectile if you see it.

Possessor
Jelly
Weaponmasters are a bit mauler-like, in that they have weapon restrictions and get some neat moves
Tonberry monk is a meme combo but it's funny

I haven't been here since that Nethack update was released, what has happened since?

crawl overtook the general
get out while you can

>Ukayaw: ***** ability, Grand Finale

>This power lets you blink to a monster's location and kill the monster,
>potentially sending flying chunks everywhere. Any targetable monster (one
>with emotions) is instantly killed by this ability, even uniques, pan lords,
>etc.

wtf???
Whats next a god that gives you the orb at 6* piety?

Crawl has always been the most popular game in the general

We get like a month or two per year where people get sick of crawl and talk about other stuff but crawl has always been king. Last year was an anomaly in how we went through about 4 months of that, with being /elonagen/ and /cdda/ before setting into /pcbg/.

Passing on the ninja, too soon to repeat that, though it is fun. Decided to combine both of these recommendations.

Wondering if random artifacts wouldn't have been the better option here though.

That god only has any piety when you're actively fighting stuff. The longer you fight, the more DBZ the powers get, but stop tabbing for a second and it's all gone. At least that was the concept.

>tfw can't be a tonberry mauler anymore
muh synergy
muh 0 blows

When will crawl get a skeleton player race

>worships ape god
>ape fur hat
???

Randarts only is my favorite except for spellcast-y types (since randarts never seen to get the +spellpower or +mana you find on standarts)

>undead resists
>no hunger
>no MR
>perma-slow, not just movespeed
>no aptitudes because your brain has long rotted away without embalmed bandages to preserve it
wew lad

never
i think they're on their way to gutting some races out of the game rather than adding them

you need to wield rods to use them

and felids can only wield their own adorable kitty-cat paws

>Forgot to post image with my character

But i just want a normal tab undead race

You are going to have to pump the fuck out of dex to not end up with

Ukayaw piety isn't real piety

you go down to 0 out of combat and build it up by doing damage

so you need a long fight to be able to use that

i think he also paralyses everything in sight each time you hit *****

Gh?

that's ghoul

the chunk thing isn't really much of a weird hunger conduct, unless you go 15rune and you have to deal with corpseless branches

basically it's just faster regen between fights but only if you mash cecece

worthless trash thanks to their 4 dex

>clear outer area of final floor
>stab a couple slimes blocking my way into the center structure
>turn corner and see TRJ sleeping like a baby
>shadow step in and nothin personnel him
>he bursts into treats (like, a fuckton of treats)
>evoke blink on my ring
>kill the "treats" one by one from the corridor till there's nothing left
2ez. Now to just dig these walls and claim my prizes.

FUCKING PISS DICK SHITCOCK

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

the fuck is that sword to the topright

Flaming Death, unrand scimitar.

why didn't you just drink it as soon as you picked it up

The golden one? Pic related.

Q. Why are Gh so bad at stats?
A. Probably because they are so good at everything else.
t. elliptic

Can't quaff in the arena. It got destroyed the step after I picked it up.

oh yeah i forgot about that

>below average aptitudes
>good at everything else
Their only strength is rTorment which doesnt even matter for 90% of the playerbase
Not to mention that everything shits out dispel undead in extended now, which kind of makes it into a weakness instead of strength
>1 greater mummy spamming torment vs 8 anubis guards spamming dispel undead
geez thanks

They have a free built in heal, heal always costs a lot in roguelikes

they're weaker, undead-er trolls

- claws
- bad at every apt
- heal fast between fights
- negative 10 base int

What if we simply rename humans into skeletons

"Gauze Joe" is my favorite nickname for MuMos.

Also, damn Vikhor. Only one time he and his Raicho buddies didn't Shrek me and my demons within a few turns.

Are Mummies going to be buffed now that crawl devs are more and more removing hunger from the game?

no

they will probably be nerfed by reducing some of the possible hungerless cheese strats

VIkhor is shrek or be shrekt: the unique
Like you have to have a really diesel combo or spam consumables to be able to take him down fast enough to not die

Is it worth training weapon skill past min. delay? I'm using a broad axe with shield and i'm already at min delay. I've been training my defensive skills but i'm starting to question myself when is enough.