/ssbg/ - Super Smash Bros. General

> News

- Update 1.1.6 Now available for download!

- 1.1.6 Balance Patch Notes: smashboards.com/threads/436806/

- Update 1.1.5 balance patch notes: smashboards.com/threads/433162/

> Resources and Guides
pastebin.com/TD8zsDJ1

Last Thread:

Dubs

good games m8, you can try hosting if you wanna play more

if not, anyone else wanna play

3DS dubs. We need one more person.

Post mains

1v1 anyone?

Sure, I can play for a few. Its Koopa.

Tell all these shitposters that you mean business!

you're talking to you brah

>maining Kirby

Will do!

Apparently it doesn't.

wah
what are we gonna do on the bed?

hopefully make hitboxes work correctly

Daily reminder:

Do not reply to these players

>Hoody
>Fishy
>Macfag
>Chazo

They just keep tripfagging, shitposting, false flagging and derailing the thread.

Start filtering them

Ggs Jman. Thanks for the set.

how retarded are you mootykinz

geegee

Not enough to know that this connected.

anyone up for some video games? want to test my theories for my new control scheme
NNID TheListerMister

What part of "The Z-axis exists" did you not understand? Smash hitboxes exist on a 3D plane. The parts of Bayonetta's model "overlapping" with the Fair are very clearly in the background.

Not him but give it up user it should've hit.

>The parts of Bayonetta's model "overlapping" with the Fair are very clearly in the background.
That is not the case here. Both the idle animation and the fair are overlapping. This has become even worse since the nerf where they changed the hitbox but not the animation, but even pre-nerf it would still whiff randomly.

>Using 2 dimensional hitboxes in a 2 dimensional game

why you gotta get my hopes up man

Why are we dead?

oops

meant for We can play later tonight if you're still on

depends if i'm outside or not then
who you?

I guess Bowser is made of paper then. I dunno how much bigger I can go man.

You hit well beyond the active frames

please stop shitposting. you are clearly showing the attack being finished so of course it won't hit fucking idiot

Who are the best 3ds ness/lucas for both singles and dubs on this board? List them all if you want.

Not in all of them, actually. But you do bring up another issue, the fact that the active frames and attack animation effects don't match up.

How do I get good at punishment and defense? I swear sometimes it feels like I can't punish anything and that eveything has priority over my spotdodge

And sheild never wants to go by when I want it to

>But you do bring up another issue, the fact that the active frames and attack animation effects don't match up.
That's something you should learn to deal with as a sheik main. Everyone has to deal with their characters having deceptive active frames(weapon trails in this game tend to be REALLY bad), but very few continue falling for the whiff bait past a few hours with their main.

What? Even top level players get confused with hitboxes connecting when they shouldn't have or not connecting when they should have. Has nothing to do with skill or time spent or anything like that.

If you're talking about online then don't even bother, you can't punish things on reaction really outside of whiffed smash attacks or super laggy moves. In person it is all about experience. You should consider all of the options your opponent has. For instance a Falcon might tend to jab a lot after tilts / grabs, once you expect it then you can play around it with a SH aerial or the like. Experience matters the most of all.

Depends who you use but punishing also involves good spacing. running near and shielding and waiting for an opponent to hit your shield can work ocassionally but you need to ensure that you also maintain a certain space between you and the opponent which should be done by walking or running backwards. Jumping too can work. Also short hop retreating air attacks can work wonders.

Well I am talking online, and I have a hard time punishing whiffed smash attacks as well.

What character do you main?

>What? Even top level players get confused with hitboxes connecting when they shouldn't have or not connecting when they should have. Has nothing to do with skill or time spent or anything like that.
How a hit box functions is not unknowable. Not even top level players have perfect knowledge of the game.
>Learn that you have to use Sheik's arm and not the weapon trail to gauge hitbox placement
>Never have an excuse for whiffing again

Online you usually have to powershield a smash attack to get in a punish, depending on if they charge it or not it may or may not be impossible to do on reaction. Some smash attacks come out too fast for online delay, you can't shield or spot dodge on reaction. Mario's smashes for instance can't really be punished online, I mean you can try but you are really playing with fire there.

Don't worry about fucking up online. Really the best thing you can do is just throw out a lot of hitboxes.

I know how the move works and where to position yourself. I have nearly 20k Sheik games. That doesn't mean the attack trail should be retarded.

>hurr muh frames
shut the fuck up and just play better nerds

Welcome to fightan games

You pretty much have to guess and be ready for it. For instance a lot of wifi warrior Marios like to roll around and d-smash at kill percents. If you see a Mario doing this, position yourself accordingly.

Think of it like this: there's only so many things your opponent can do in any given situation. If you are center stage and they are between you and the ledge, they can either: roll forward, roll backward, jump, spot dodge, or attack. Their habits should narrow that down more for you. Wait for the roll, then pivot grab. etc.

Smarter players will try to fake you out and constantly switch up their game. Online this just becomes a mess.

I'll play ya senpai, I think I have you added to,

nnid:arcelperez24

so what do the tiers look like now?

Its all speculation still as of now but Sheik, Diddy, Cloud and Rosalina are top tier. Bayo is probably going to be upper mid. If Mac can repeat his performance like Alpha did for him in GoML then he may rise up to upper mid tier or bottom high tier if they can push further. Rest are around the same.

sure thing
you host

Sheik is top tier but she is not up there with Diddy / Cloud / Rosa anymore. She is more around Fox / Pika. Good but not the best.

Round 1 vs cobol

God damn cfl is rough.

Interesting. I haven't played in a while, cool to see how much things shift around.

Waiting senpai

>main back down to D tier
>mfw

Knew this day would come. Time to train hard again.

Convince me to play smash when overwatch is out

I've had fun playing in this hellhole for the last couple of weeks but ready to leave now

>that delay plus me accidentally trying to grab with the wrong button
wew this is tricky

>back down to D tier
Nigga, Ganon has been D / F tier since this game was released. There is no "back down".

The most notable difference is Mewtwo going from low tier to top tier and winning a national.

Little laggy, wanna continue?

>tfw forglory lags less
Fucking why

most matches on FG are less laggy for me yeah, downside is i keep getting fucking japs that autoleave as soon as they see i'm not a nip
if you want we can stop

3DS dubs. Two people.

>Mewtwo, Corrin, Megaman that high

>Lucas, Olimar, Bowser that low

Lets play a few more then i'll go into training mode to optimize my greninja

Feels bad man

>Bowser that low

Between lack of reps, results and a lot of his old pro players going casual, its likely he's going to end up there anyway.

alright then
gotta grind the old button habits out of me anyway

what the FUCK do you want

Shame tho, I had fun

Double G's 10/10 would friendlies with at a local

>somehow tapped the cstick for a nair before i upb
goddamnit
least we gave it a go though

anyone else wanna play? NNID TheListerMister

nothing

You lag with everyone, weird australian person who I've never played with

>replays are from a different version and must be deleted
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

do you have any dope lowtier shit

that's not true
it's just that the people i don't lag with stopped playing wiiu for one reason or another or just plain stopped playing

good job posting a webm where a mid tier gets shit on in a 9:1 matchup

General consensus is it's 40:60

like this?

Not him but is Pher not even good enough that he can't place well with his Bowser?

maybe once he stops dairing all the time

gimme some aggressive Marth inspiration

where do you guys go to get good? Just natural practice or do you watch videos and read smashboards?

maybe but there are two things stopping him from doing so

>1. he's not very competitive, never has been. not a fan of playing in tourneys
>2. for the love of god stop dairing so much jesus i punish you literally every time

He plays on anthers doesn't he? That's a competitive thing. He must have some ambition in him if he learned to play so well.

Play offline vs humans as much as possible, watch videos of pros, SB is best as a resource for frame data and combos/edgeguards.

I was thinkin more like mario and below but this is neat too

Also, consensus among who? It's nigh impossible to get in on marth and the entire matchup is doc praying he doesn't get grabbed and being unable to approach, especially since he doesn't have the speed to get around marth's disgusting range+disjoint, or the tools to force him into shield.

Anyone up for games?

You have to use pills to force your way in or force a commitment by Marth some other way, but once inside Doc has plenty of combo tools to finish the job in addition to the cape, which fucks up dolphin slash. The consensus I'm going by is the one on Smashboards, particularly the old dogysamich guide. It's out of date but still pretty accurate overall.

>Olimar that low
Explain
I have a hard time believing he has a worse MU spread than most of D

he does but never ranked, only friendlies
he has been playing bowser since melee so i guess it's more an experience thing, also explains why dairspam is such an ingrained thing with him

F air for your life

this is bad

The dogysamich MU ratios are fucked but other than that yeah good guide

Also Marth cuts through pills like a hot knife through butter

Chazo- Nicholas Osborne
Falkore- Ryan Mcleod
Langston- Eric Mahoney
Wau- Nat Vergara
Chad- Ian Mack
Noah- Noah Tudor
Penta- Frank Paredes
Alice- Alice Sawyer

Pills aren't too helpful imo, especially considering marth can just fair through them. The neutral aspect is just so overwhelming. Marth controls space so effortlessly against him, so I'm having a hard time seeing how the matchup is anywhere near 40:60. Besides, while doc may have a decent punish game, marth rapes him twice as hard whenever he's in a bad position.

Its probably 35:65