/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE. You can only downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod.
-Even on 11.0, Luma3DS needs an updated arm9loaderhax.bin or Luma3DS.dat to go online. Get it here: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
-3ds.titlekeys.com/ added QR codes, allowing for games to be downloaded and installed directly from FBI

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing to run Loadiine and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>PSV
-Cobra Black-Fin will be released in the future, allowing piracy. It won't be compatible with 3.60.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!UhkgjRhZ!1UYGaMMxvqaDpMS6u475t6rh_P1aWZtl7UkinIThYIc
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-a9lh-downgrade-release-planned-on-may-22nd.426757/page-75#post-6378289
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fucking leaks when m8

leak's already here: mega.nz/#!UhkgjRhZ!1UYGaMMxvqaDpMS6u475t6rh_P1aWZtl7UkinIThYIc

how do i customize this?

You understand it's a fallacy though right? Just cut your losses and upgrade already. Easier to rip that bandaid off sooner than later.

oh, here's the webm

you can do that by getting a9lh

>Asking
>EVERY
>FUCKlNG
>THREAD

WHAT A FAGGOT

>twice ever is every thread
wew

So I've been on menuhax + emunand for ages and decided it was finally time to move to a9lh.
My emunand is at 11.0 now though. Am I able to downgrade this to 2.1?

If you don't already have a backup, you can just make a new emunand (after backing up your current one) to get a 9.2 emunand again, which can be downgraded.

Yes, the guide tells you what to do if you're on 11.0.

or just use Luma with the ntr old firmware.bin

yes, follow the guide from part 4 and you're good: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP) read EVERYTHING and don't skip a single step. some steps might seem unnecessary but, trust me, everything that guide says is absolutely necessary if you're doing this for the first time

They make this shit so easy these days I can't even keep up.

I understand it's a fallacy. I'm not a Gateway shill. The way I see it is Gateway users should ditch their shit card, no point in using paid software when the free stuff is actually better.

I've got a hard mod and backups ready anyway if I need them. I'll use this old firmware.bin now, thanks!

oh geez, is there any way to make bootntr save screenshots into a folder or something?

Wait, are you the guy with the gatepay or someone else? I'm too high for this shit.

Now that Tomodachi Life's Spotpass Import Wear items are ending today, can someone please upload all of them?

What are the best games to play when high?

honestly i only still use them because half my game library exists on that card and i'm too lazy to get the .cia for each game, dump my saves one by one, and import them into the .cia versions.

Depends on your definition of better.
I like my GW cart as .3dz are quicker and more convenient than .cias, and thus subjectively better in my eyes.
I'd love A9HL for the quicker boots and safety too, but right now I can't have that in a convenient manner so MenuHax is the best I can do to get almost the same outcome.

How do I access the Smash DLC on WiiU without buying it?

Nope. Never owned one.

That's a fair reason. I'll accept sloth over sunk cost fallacy any day of the week.

Only problem is you need a private header, which aren't terribly hard to acquire. Menuhax isn't so bad, I just got tired of it failing to boot. You have to decide for youself if the convenience is worth what it's costing you. Personally, I have the patience to wait for cias to transfer and install, because I can just leave my 3DS on at night while it installs the games.

Hold a Gamestop employee at gunpoint and demand they hand over all the eShop prepaid cards they have.

Are spellcards good enough just to threaten someone?

Electroplankton, StarFox64 3DLove StarFox, always have. No furry., Pocket Card Jockey, Pokemon sometimes, Animal Crossing's chill as fuck apparently, Kirby anything usually, warioware gba, any of the mario and luigi rpgs just look fantastic blazed. Zelda's iffy cause the best blazed zelda is windwaker. MM is fuckin scary while lit. I can only half recommend Tetris cause you'll fall into a Tetris hole and miss your bus stop.

My mistake user, I thought you were of a lower status than you were.

How did I fuck up the spoiler tags? what the fuck.

only if you look threatening and if they have spellcards too

hey i have an old ps3 sitting around. is there a decent guide to see if i can install some custom firmware on it?

how old? what firmware is it on? if it's 3.55 or lower, congratulations, you can make it a piracy machine.

kill yourself

begone, menuhax user

Just Dance. This also works if you are drunk.

but I'm not...

5.6 when?

I installed the My Nintendo Picross: Twilight Princess .cia using FunKey, and it doesn't start. I'd like to repair it through the eShop, but it doesn't appear there so I can't.

What do?

IOSUhax when?

niggerhax when?

Hey faggots is this region locked? I would assume no, but it's Nintendo. I'mttalking about the accessory, not the game

Change to GW master race.

>accessory
>region locked
FUCKING RETARDED

>not getting the huge hori one

and if it is above?

Then most likely ________________________LOL.

L M A O

O ;_;

like clockwork

Is there a guide for going from 11.0 cakes/9.2 sysnand to a9lh luma?

part 4 to the end: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

Thanks.

Can Decrypt9 read the gateway emunand?

how would i block nintendo's wii u updates with MAC address filtering? people mention self hosting files would work but i can't access them for some reason

do you have any idea how networking works

no, i'm just a guy who blindly believes everything i'm told

im on the last part of plialects guide where i just deleted the sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin from my sd card but now when i try to boot up the system just shuts itself off. what do?

You can't block Nintendo updates via MAC filtering, because Nintendo's servers don't send their MAC address to you. To block Nintendo's updates, you have to use a DNS server that redirects your 3DS's or Wii's attempts to access Nintendo's servers to nothing.

read the guide again, because you either skipped steps because you thought they were optional, or because you didn't do some steps correctly.

F

No arm9loaderhax.bin on sd card root

Just copy the Luma3ds files to the root of the SD card its because you donĀ“t have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root and now the 3ds boot into that file

Im on the Part 4 Section II of Plailect guide wish me luck

I hope you brick

Can't you hardmod PS3's above 3.55?

On that subject though I really should try and find a hackable PS3, I'm sure I could find one if I dug around in some shops around here

Luck is for mediocres, I wish you success.

yes, but hardmodding can be a biiiiitch, especially on old phats. If you want to find someone to downgrade it for you, then by all means go for it.

Please stop reminding me how I updated my PS3 for no reason after giving up on cfw ever being made for it literally days before the huge security leak happened

don't worry, it's not like PS3 has any games anyway.

Pros of installing a9lh?
I'm pretty fine the way my emunand works but I want to know more.

haha r-right

Yes of course. The term emuNAND refers to Gateway emuNAND. Only redNAND is different.

So, it's Monday and Nintendo servers are under maintenance. Should we be scared?

easy gba install
fast boots

12.0 browserhax when

does anyone have the monster hunter x ntr cheat plugin? i tried getting it from speedfly but the site is a pain in a half

A question about browserhax: When you're retrying that fucking slider, do you have to initialize the browser each time?

Why? Userland is kill, and without that (and in addition to the new security checks) we have no way of downgrading. Updating to lastest just fucks retards like it always has, it probably won't effect anyone who already has cfw.

working on it now, famalam

Luma3ds files from the luma zip or from the luna folder in my sd card? Also everything is fine now and my system is booting normally again. I've got the homebrew launcher and luma updater installed. A while back when I was on part 3 of plialect's guide and would use Rednand, I had a bunch of games installed but now my home menu is themeless and all the games are gone. Is that normal?

gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-a9lh-downgrade-release-planned-on-may-22nd.426757/page-75#post-6378289
This is fucking comedy gold, Gateway "devs" confirmed for clueless shits

How smug does Nintendo feel right now about killing downgrading?

shut the fuck up dude gateway is master race

Kek GBATemp is such a great place to go to for a laugh

Wow, they couldn't even steal code properly.

Niggers

so how do I get snes and non-eshop gb, gba and nes games onto my 3ds now?

It's in the op

You can't play snes games on o3DS though

You don't understand how a master race thinks, is all part of the Keikaku!

VITA CFW WHEN

So I think it might have to be because of installing smash through a qr code, but I can't connect to friends' lobbies at all. I either get an error, or the friend won't show as being online at all. I can play online, just not in lobby's of friends. Why is this? I'm getting an error code, 006-0401, that can't even be found on the Nintendo error code lookup

MASTER RACE IN ACTION

N3DS/Luma/A9LH Masterrace

Good lord all that shit is convoluted as fuck, thanks though.

I didnt see what to do for nes and gb games though

Im trying to hack my n3ds, i already got far enough to the cfw but ive tried lumacfw and reinand but both blackscreen. what do

Oh my ass that's just asking for a fucking brick, holy shit. Hurry up Gateway fags, use a regular a9lh already and ditch the brickway.

You can, though not as much as on a N3DS.

As far as I know, blargsnes works well enough for most games on the o3ds.

It's the same for all of them

Help