Any miners here? Need some advice

Any miners here? Need some advice

Just recently bought a Sapphire RX 480 8GB for my rig and it's great, making about $50-60 a month from mining ETH. Currently have about $250 to spend on another card.

Should I buy another RX 480 or is there a better hash/$ option?

Heres my rig if that matters

>Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

>CPU
AMD FX-6350
Vishera 32nm Technology

>RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (11-11-11-28)

>Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. 990FXA-UD3 (CPU 1)

>Graphics
2752 (1920x1080@60Hz)
8192MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics (ATI)

>Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-75ZF5A0 (SATA)

What was the total price for putting it together?

How much hash is it mining at?

How much did your electricity bill raise?

I built this in 2011 for about $700. Probably a lot cheaper now.

about 25 hash on ethermine
it went up around 25 bucks.

So you're making around $300-420 a year with this?

I don't want to come across as rude, but what's the point?

this...

Why not build 100 more of these machines if the one you have is profitable?

Because It's free money? I don't have to work for it and it's nice to have a bit of extra spending cash every month.

Also the idea of having many GPUs mining for me is really exciting. Perhaps it will shoot up to $500 or $1000 with enough of them.

The RX 470 is by far the best price/hash card on the market right now. It works just as well as a 480, and it costs on average about 40 dollars less.

How do I get into this? Do you have resources about mining that I can study?

could I stick one in my computer if it aleady has a 480? does it matter if the cards are different?

download an ether wallet and let it sync all day

then go on ethermine.org or any mining website and download genoli miner. Follow the instructions and for it and you're good to go.

RX 480 all day at max power
BILLS? i think 50$ only the PC
its good if you have free power

itll be fine as long as your PSU is strong enough

i thought all mining is on asic now and there is no way you can make any cash with cpu + gpu mining.

>RX 470
cost of electricity per month>???

Bitcoins, yes.

Ether and most altcoins are better mined on a regular GPU.

I get it's free money and all, but does it pay for itself and the cost of electricity?
Also, is it easy to sell bitcoins for real money you can use to pay rent/etc? Even with google searches on bitcoin i'm baffled as to why it's so valuable.

Question regarding pic:
Has USB mining gear EVER been profitable/competitive???

What is everyone's hydro rates? Look at the shit I'd have to deal with if I was to mine crypto.
Prices per kWh:
8.7 cents off-peak which is green
13.2 cents mid-peak which is yellow
18 cents on-peak which is red and the rates are going up a couple cents come November.

Hmmm...
Could you charge heavy duty batteries overnight and use them to power your setup during the day?

That's sexy OP.
Two questions:
How can I get a badass deal on a pc like this?
Is it profitable electricity wise?

Is there a program to tell/estimate how much power your PSU is pulling?

Sorry if thats a dumb question, I know they sell hardware for that but a free alternative would be nice

I'm thinking about doing this however my cpu is a AMD x3 720 (basically tri-core at 3.6 GHz) and 6GB RAM. Would I get the same effects or would I have a huge bottle neck?

UPS systems that could handle that kind of workload would be so expensive. I doubt it's really feasible to have battery backup for 12 hours of run time per day.

Back to the drawing board. Would it be feasible to power these magnificent machines with my own power from renewables such as turbines or solar panels?

that would be more feasible as long as the wind is blowing or the sun is shining.

We have about 2 weeks of sun a year here in Britain but its always windy. How big a turbine would I need?

cpu makes no differnce in hashing power. It pulls directly from your GPUs unless you command it otherwise.

Avg home owner can use a 5KW wind turbine to power their entire house, Which is what I would do if you're going to invest in a wind turbine. No point in having one installed just to power your mining rigs. You may need a bigger size than 5KW to power your entire home and your mining rigs if you plan on having a lot of rigs.
They can be installed with battery backup too if you want to complete detach yourself from the grid or alternatively you can just stay on the grid and use the grid as your backup power when the wind isn't blowing.

Also you need a yearly avg of 12+ mph wind speeds to make it worth while.