/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Koofers edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
Bannerlord will be shown at E3, maybe some siege. Until then Wait and See.
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15
youtube.com/watch?v=xdSzGoTc_ns
youtube.com/watch?v=gnGNojC8XrE
youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4

RPS Interview with Armagan : rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/28/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-interview/

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/fcmVyuQ0

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0
>Caribbean! Blood and Gold (on Steam)
snowbirdgames.com/blog/?p=1632

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RYTRsEtqKps
www89.zippyshare.com/v/hFmnVa5s/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Battania

will we survive the cold night?

Fingol mod when? I want to take back what's rightfully ours, that means most of Asia 2bh

probably not

Do you mean a steppelands mod?

are you not aware of the great finnish empire
we always do

I'm not familiar with that fantasy setting, you could try PoP.

It does get me thinking though, could you make a warband mod without set towns, the towns instead being slowly moving, incredibly large armies?

If you can create new towns (AD1257) you can certainly write a moving script.

>It does get me thinking though, could you make a warband mod without set towns, the towns instead being slowly moving, incredibly large armies?
probably, iirc everything on the map is the same sort of entity

post koofers

all I have is anti-koof

look at parties.txt

towns and villages are the same as lords, or at least the player.

m8 what were you thinking

I'm kind of late but don't bother downloading the directory folder. Open it up and download the mod. You are just downloading the mod twice + the patch.

that I'd shoot one and immediately charge the other
wall jump shots are tuff

practice makes koof

t. several thousand hours

I hate shields and 1-handers tho so I'll never make the big memes

specific weapons do not a koofer make, dear user, that power lies within yourself, waiting to be unlocked

reminder to FUCK SWADIA

How do you increase relations with any lords in 1257? None of them have any tasks ever, and a siege only increases your relations with the involved parties by 1, and a siege could be once every month in game as far as marshalls are concerned.

I'll be a nobody forever at this rate, no one is going to want to give me a castle or elect me marshall so I can enact my will on lesser peoples. Send help

help out lords in battle, keep checking for quests just incase, rescue them from prison, go to feasts, get married

>not linking the video
youtube.com/watch?v=RYTRsEtqKps

Cute!

are there any mods that let u build new forts and bridges where u want them

are there mods that let us destroy bridges or destroy forts completely

swords are boring

cavalry are more boring

maybe if they have shit stab potential

see you boyz in a week
stay safe

What mod is this?

>kill lord
>literally everyone declares war on you
holy fuck

>those empire names
Brytenwalda

considering that the player is probably literally the only entity in the world with the power to permanently end a lord's life, it's probably completely sensible of them to react in that way

>ladders AND siege towers
I like this bold "why not both?" approach

if your boys can get close enough to put up ladders what do you need any towers at all for, just put up a whole whack of ladders

personally I've never seen anyone setup a siege ladder, maybe the enemy puts them there as a show of good sportsmanship

maybe thatll be in bannerlord too, the process of actually telling your guys to carry up the ladders and put em up and shit. fucking total war games was doing it more than a decade ago

Can you ever let the AI control your siege unit deployment? Everytime I defend a siege every unit gets an instant order to follow me so even in mods where they do -start- in the right spot (archers at archer holes in the walls, melee on the ramps/gates) it doesn't matter because they all abandon it and ruin the siege, turning it into some kind of worse-terrain shitfest.

>No khergits/khuzaits in this thread

Completely disrespecting the mountains and rivers, and the wide open steppe.

wait is khuzaits mongols or huns

did sayazn ever get unfucked

think bannerlord'll have any good rape mods?

Given the historical and continuing importance of rape as a psychological aspect of war, I am surprised it has not been included as a playable feature before.

I, for one, look forward to the potential of accurately simulated sexually violent encounters in the new game engine.

Hopefully it will be a feature that the PC can use on all sections of in game society, regardless of age, race, gender, or species.

Who, of those people who worked on this mod, thought it was a good fucking idea to make the ONLY entrance to this city in the siege this single, TINY TINY door with TWO 'doors' you have to break (protip: the ai fucking sucks at breaking doors and will stand too close to it swinging but not doing damage)

It's like the people who made it have never fucking tried playing anything warband related ever because this is worse than the holocaust

By the way its the city of Thorn in 1257

well the defenders probably think its a pretty good idea to make the only entrance a tiny door, it probably makes their job a lot easier

Sieges and working, physics based, onagers when ?

>physics based siege engines
>when there are dozens of simpler ways to do it that will look indistinguishable

As long as it looks good and credibleand can also hit soldiers and walls alike I don't really care.

Should have mentionned that I am asking "when" when talking about Bannerlord. I don't care much about warband anymore.
Also : Dead

LONG MAY HE REIGN.

K H E R G I T S
H
U
Z
A
I
T
S

>play acok
>All westerosi factions have identical troop trees with a handful of deviations in tier 5
>Essos factions are somewhat varied but ultimately aren't significantly different

Why do mod makers do this? Did they miss the memo that each faction should have different strategies that play to their home turf?

I don't know the ASOIAF setting but sometime you can't really do otherwise if you want to stay a bit credible (like Gekokujo for example)

Reminder

>play a mod
>faction has light cavalry in tier 3

Feels good man

I wish to put myself to cryogenic sleep until E3, how should I go about that, /mbg/.

The circle in the first one is obviously time of day
The party icon probably shown the amount of troops you have and the amount that are fighting capable
>V4.2
>still shit

perhaps you could contact the mod maker with your criticism and give them your ideas for unique faction troops/upgrade lines

i like the warband buttons that have the actual words on them, not weeny little vague icons, but i guess youd get used to em soon enough

>Cozur
>listening
Top kek

>The first mod for Bannerlord that comes out is a mod that replaces the map with a map more like the warband one

the warband map is a generic blobby landmass, the bannerlord map is a generic blobby landmass, i dont really see why anyone would bother

He's too busy adding arming sword models and making copy-paste armors to revamp anything.

I remember in version 1.9 or something he removed the essos troop trees entirely and replaced them with identical mercenaries, then in the next update added back the troop trees, but only had one unit per faction that could just be upgraded into veterans.

cozur is a fucking retard, and I have no idea how his mod was almost MOTY

Should have fixed the modded 1257 mesh error

>Added Diplomacy modded
>Fixed the 1257 female armours

www89.zippyshare.com/v/hFmnVa5s/file.html

>check /twg/ after WHTW gets released
>full of shitters
it'll be 100 times worse for bannerlord release

at least there will be people playing at all

Does WHTW have magically appearing siege ladders, or was that just in the beta?

/twg/ has always been /gsg/-lite though.
I think the worst we'll get will be trolls and shitposters from these two generals. The occasionnal /v/ poster.
Its mostly okay when you consider only 150 or so people post here and about half of that do it frequently.
Now if people stopped falling for samefags and shitposters like what happened in August that would be gr8.

>only 150 or so people post here
1 reddok-hating v*egir-loving sarranid cuck fetishist, 2-3 horsefucking khergit lovers, the regular swadian butterposters, Cao Cao poster nr.3, the nord poster and the few rhodok posters and redditors that stumble in here do not make up 150 people

i lurk for warsword

hi yes I'm not on your list senpai

Oops sorry m8, you're on it now.

Okay, we're about 20-30 regular poster

Shitposting. Piontless post that adds noting to the discussion.

Here is version 1.0 btw.

Constructive reply which stimulates discussion of the game.

Me too btw. I wonder if there will be tooltips.

>Me too btw. I wonder if there will be tooltips.
Not the one you're replying to but to be honest I think I'll just keep using hotkeys

I don't really know who am i fighting with but this just suddenly popped up
Should i be spooked?

Yes.

you probably have 0-man enemy lord armies zipping around looting your villages, so i suppose that is indeed something to be spooked about

I-I wont the ghost fight it seems

You should have tried autoresolve to see if you took casualties

>order your troops to attack while you stay back
>20 killed, 50 wounded

fug, you were faster with the same idea

>the warband map is a generic blobby landmass,
It's anatolia you dumbass

lel

Never gets old.

>tfw I just realized they made Calradia look like Anatolia because the devs are Turks
Calradia = Turkey confirmed

what is that feel

enlightenment

>weeb troops are nothing but pikemen and gunners
>"barbarian" troops
>pikemen, gunners, archers, officers, halberdiers, swashies and rodeleros, fucking goddamn inquisitors

Based gekonewer modder proving weebs are trash

top kek

>archers
Well there aren't any archers but my point still stands.

Bows are dumb anyway.

villages give only spearmen and skirmishers, if you want swordsmen, officers, mounted samurai, you can recruit in cities rather than villages

ded

Page 10

If only wedge would put my shitters up front to die and not my trusted veterans.

This reminds me that we actually need to be able to mod more than 2 choices of upgrade per troops.

where would you really need more than two upgrades though?

picking between cavalry, archers, crossbowboys, gunboys, spearboys, sword+shieldboys, etc. etc. all at one branching point rather than them needing various branching points at various spots along the upgrade tree