/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro/tree/master/glide2gl
retrocollect.com/News/perspective-correction-comes-to-sony-playstation-emulation-via-pcsxr-pgxp.html
github.com/Drenn1/GameYob/issues/51
bgb.bircd.org/
github.com/punesemu/puNES/issues/2
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4kr8bl/zsnes_on_dos/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Real thread:

What's the context for the Lioncash quote?

When Dolphindev IRC was asked about the rumor that mGBA was being abandoned

I kek'd.

First for

* The RetroArch user interface is horrible
* RetroArch input mapping is broken
* RA fans are secretly shader fetish homo lords

Gillian Anderson remembers x-files season 9

New Thread::

You forgot
*RetroArch will geotag you
*RetroArch will fuck your mother

What, why?

>this op was made first but got deleted

You posted it early, also

It's actually a young Lera, grey-scaled, pixilated, and then ran through the GB shader.

1st for turtlegod

Favorite Palette?

>saving the plebbit reupload
>not the original that was literally created in the last thread
Anyways, consumer of FCEUX-15 for me

>why?
Really, you have to ask?
Complete fucking cancer.

or*

bmf v2 or unsaturated v5

this is standard /emugen/-fare, new friend

It wasn't always, shitposter-kun.

Your thread would have had the same calibre of posting. Why are you so fucking thirsty to be the OP?

I've never messed with MAME before; is it (or anything else) capable of emulating late 2000s and current cabs?

About to play OoT for the first time, rate my controller setup.

Guess I had hope this general wasn't literal shit yet, but I guess this is /emugen/ now. A collection of retards whose sole purpose is to annoy and incite others, and try to come up with the next completely humorless dank meme.

>Be linucks
>AMD graphics card
>Open source drivers because modern kernel
>Try literally every single last hardware-accelerated n64 video plugin on the face of the planet
>Every single one of them manages to fuck up in a completely unique way
>GLideN64 is so unstable that it literally manages to take down my system by crashing the scheduler
>Glide64mk2 has jittering textures on partially-onscreen geometry
>Rice's just got updated to modern GL and basically refuses to store more than two textures for the whole frame because they did it wrong
>If I roll Rice's back to primitive GL then TMEM is broken because someone broke it before mupen64plus forked it
>Arachnoid has literally no textures at all
>ziggy's has geometry near the edges of the screen randomly disappear for a frame every five frames or so
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

This general has to sustain itself when emulation news is slow. The general wouldn't survive

>WAHHH, WHY WON'T MY FREE TECH SUPPORT THREAD STAY CIVIL

It would help to know what buttons correspond to your controller's buttons.

>Glide64mk2 has jittering textures on partially-onscreen geometry

Not a problem if you use RetroArch's fork. To date it's still the only emulator with a version of Glide64 that solves this problem. I think Project64's fork only solved it partially.

What emu?

Project 64, maybe.

github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro/tree/master/glide2gl
The hell do I build this?

Uh, you don't. You download/build RetroArch, download/build its Mupen64plus core, and play using its Glide64 plugin.

Okay, well, I'm not using retroarch.

Too bad then. Enjoy using an inferior emulator over one that solves your problem.

Retroarch is not an emulator, retroarch is an interface standard.

You forgot to interject first.

Just like I remember it

>interface standard
>standard
for what lerberto?
thanks but no thanks.
I prefer regular.

Looks like PAL master race did not have the purple bricks problem. :^)

But PAL used RGB

Damn it's like I'm a kid again

>this thread

what shader is this?

Pls respond

MAME is capable of emulating everything you'd want to play.

Older one is prone on the floor of page 10.

I like FCEUX-13 and 15. I've stuck 13 in as my custom on NEStopia.

Nice shader but I remember it more like this.

me too. i had a 53 inch tv when i was 8.

Better that what?
Keep in mind it is 640x480 scene unlike most of gameplay.

Mednafen is too fucking hard to configure. Said fuck it and bought an old PS1 off Ebay.

One's antialiased, the other isn't

PlayStation is a picture which gets texture filtered. The text at the bottom is actual text and treated however the BIOS treats displayed text.

Are you sure about this?

I hope you understand that Mednafen means Retroarch?

robopon - anyone know why I can't save with this game? tried vba and vba-m, tried setting flash value, tried save types, nothing seems to "stick"

also trying to figure out why the menus are so goddamn slow in this game, but I think I just didn't realize it when I was younger and I played it on real hardware

That's because retroarch doesn't actually use Glide64. It uses a horrible frankenstein of Glide64 against glN64. All the actual presentation work is done by glN64 code.

LOL you are a retard. none of what you say makes any sense.

>no emulator news
retrocollect.com/News/perspective-correction-comes-to-sony-playstation-emulation-via-pcsxr-pgxp.html

>At the same time while this is going on, I am busy consolidating all of the various graphics plugins in Mupen64 libretro so that we can arrive at a hybrid renderer solution. Most of the code in these HLE RDP plugins is about 80 to 90% copy pasta so it should not prove too hard unifying Rice/GLN64/Glide64/Gliden64 and arriving at one video renderer that combines the best of all of them. We could then allow for several different code paths (some meant for performance, others meant for accuracy) instead of requiring users to have to switch between graphics plugins and restarting Mupen64 again.

you are misunderstanding what he said. check the actual source instead to see how wrong you are.

I think you're confusing Glide64 with GLideN64, mate. Glide64 (glide2gl) now piggybacks off of glN64 (gles2n64).

There's no "text" support on the PS1 GPU anyway, it's only textures so regardless of what the BIOS does it still would scale the same way.

The only difference her is that the PlayStation text has anti-aliasing while the license text is not. The problem with anti-aliasing is that it looks like shit when it's upscaled since normally you'd want to make it resolution-dependant.

Try your iGPU

None of what you say makes any sense.

Anyway, keep at it, bench coder.

>unsaturated v5

Purple bricks? Really?

What would the Wii VC Palette look like if the brightness were turned up to normal? Or the 3DS one with saturation turned down a bit? That would probably be perfect.

That's old news though

Like consumer probably

It very likely IS consumer. They just looked at emulators, found what they liked, then tweaked it.

I've always heard that game is a bitch to emulate.
Can you get random encounters? last I heard was you can't either save or get random encounters, but I heard that long ago, so I don't know if anything has changed.

I think it's due that the game had something that could use tv remote signals for some of it's features.

If saving is your only problem you could just use save state.
My apologies for not being much help.

>Robopon cartridges have an Infrared panel on their top edge that allows them to trade information using waves much like a TV or VCR remote, allowing the cartridge to react to different objects. For example, pointing a remote control at the cartridges and pressing a button might boost the Robopon's stats, or open a chest within the games. This feature was called the "GB Kiss".

Neato

Didn't GBC already have an infrared receptor? Why did they need an other one?

oh fuck that's why the basement was so easy... yeah, zero random encounters, too, son of a bitch

I have been using save states to progress, but now that I think of it I had a version of VBA some time ago that at least let me get random encounters...

apparently it changes something with the save data because it needs additional allocation for sensor data? so an old fix was to change the save type

I can't seem to change the renderer in Mednafen PSX on the latest builbot build, that's normal or is there something wrong I'm doing?

>inb4 why would you want to use it at all

Maybe the GBC sensor couldn't handle all this bullshit at once. Sounds like this game is constantly utilizing IR, if my understanding that it uses it to determine encounter rates is correct

Update the RA itself.

Not him, but can we as a general agree to refer to the liberto core as beetle and standalone as mednafen to avoid confusion?

Shouldn't "Consumer" be the default in most emulators? It is much better than YUV.

After more digging around, apparently the save bug is caused not by the sensor but the memory controller, as it uses Hudson Controller 3 (HUC3).

github.com/Drenn1/GameYob/issues/51

It seems Gameyob supports HUC3 but its an emu for the DS itself. After more digging, I found this emu that says it supports HUC3:
bgb.bircd.org/

Hope it helps.

>that guy who requests HD tile replacement on every emulator

why

github.com/punesemu/puNES/issues/2

Because it's an original GB game.

Or rather a dual gbc/gb game.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4kr8bl/zsnes_on_dos/

After a bunch of issues it workshad to manually update the core info after finding out that the GL renderer enabled beetle is a separate core even though the normal one has the option (I assume for when the GL renderer is ready) and that the core info isn't included in the small RA builds

Also note to self, restart doesn't mean using restart core but closing it and relaunching it for some reason.

radius wanted it like that.

I'll take a look at bgb, thanks; seems the random encounter problem was fixed by changing the clock away from hours greater than 24 (it was like 34:07 in mine) and reloading while the save is still in memory for vba, but the no actual reloadable save thing would be nice to not have to worryv about...

Can I emulate 3DS so I can play Fire Emblem with weeaboo voices?

At this rate you probably could in less than a year. For now, get a 3ds with a firmware that'll let you install CFW for dual audio patching

I have a 3DS and the game already, I'm not playing it because of the english voices.

I looked on how to do it with CFW but sadly I'm on the latest version of 3DS, and the only way to do it is through Ocarina of Time 3DS?

And I'm not buying that because the game is trash.

>modern FE fan
>wants weeb voices he probably can't understand
>OoT is trash
Like pottery

It's not really about the Japanese voices being good.

It's about the English voices being shit, and I can't understand the Japanese ones so even if they're shit I wouldn't know.

Bump

My SSX on PCSX2 had graphical issues so I switched to software mode, but can't get 100% speed even with more rendering threads and MTVU, without fucking up the audio badly.

One of those games that just can't be run good?

Got Nvidia? Use OpenGL backend. Don't got Nvidia? Shit son, you're out of luck. Simple as that.

OpenGL in software? Does it give better speed without fucking with MTVU?