BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY EDITION

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Launch Trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=YSBWwnOHvM8
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old World

>Running rough shot across the mountains with me Boys in a big hefty WAAAGH!!!
>Smashing up some stunties
>The pansies try and pay me off for peace
>Laugh in their bearded faces and keep stompin' their stupid 'eads in.
WAAAAAGH!!!

Friendly reminder to check the stances of your lords. You might be raiding your own homes by accident and instilling rebellion.

Attila wasn't even that hard, but because the map was already well established it led to huge doomstacks and kinds of shit running around instead of the slow progression most people were used to.

>implying that is not part of my master plan

Are you dumb, the game even tells you

Yes but for MOST people ak plebs it was hard

t. Grimgor Casualhide

If you put attila mechanics and shit in place of Romes, it would have been just fine.

I wouldnt trust steam reviews on a CA game if I was paid to

There is still so much salt over R2

Why do you guys treat simplified buildings as a con? Isn't more focus on combat a good thing?

HEY GUYS WHERE YA GOIN?

CAN I COME?

The city/dynasty management still massively simplified.

At least they kept the public office shit I guess.

yeah I love how they stripped away siege maps, removed formations and the pathetic empire roster is just fucking great, I love it

>there are people that unironically thought this game was going to be good

3 hours till I can play this. Is online working?

Attilas system was based around min-maxing to deal with food which was a bit of a bore.

But it is? I'm really liking it

Well it kind of makes the campaign map management trivial.

Can you really not turn off Unit Selection Markers?

Holy shit, why do devs always forget the simplest things

That should teach those undead fucking shits not to mess with the Slayer Keep.

>Karak Kadrin has a special building that gives mad buffs to Slayers.

This game is so good.

>playing dorfs
>confederate with Zhufbar
>they are up to their faces with undead swarming around
>so little time, so many grudges

People were so venomous when you'd even suggest that the game was shaping up to have major flaws
Those people seem to have dissipated quite a bit, maybe they're just too busy playing to rage though

>Never played a total war game before
>Can't launch game without being offline
>Try to run tutorial
>It's broken
>Apparently I have to let it load for 20mins online whilst it activates
>Ok
>Finally ready to load tutorial
>Interface is so shit it freezes up
>Youtube videos can't even load
>They're all unlisted so I can't just find them online

BLUNDER

I can't say, CA said the servers are under heavy streess

You literally can

What graphics setting is that?

Just curious, will probably have to play at low until I get hold of a 1070 later this summer

It is good though.

It's far from perfect and it's lacking some basic features that I REALLY hope they'll bring back trhough patches or even DLC, but overall it's still good.

How?

Because /twg/ is retarded

Not a single TW game has a good overworld system, and none of them are even slightly complicated.

>Playing on Ultra
>Game looks like 2011 game

The gameplay trailers did not prepare me for this.

no nononononno shhhhhh
it's your fault

Pro tip, get mounts for all your heroes and lords asap, makes them so much easier to manage.

>SO LETS REMOVE INSTEAD OF IMPROVE
Hello CA!

Most games today look like 2011 games or older. Not much has happened.

IT LOOKS SO FUCKING BAD

hold spacebar

>Baldemar Ghorst
more like Badlemar Ghost, amirite?

High mostly with x4 MSAA, shadows on medium. Running on a 760gtx, 4gb RAM and a fucking q6600 quad core

It actually runs okay.

It gives context to your fights, it determines what units you can recruit and gives you your goals. Don't think that's very trivial.

enable unlimited video memory

poor fags cant run warhammer on their machine. other then the annoying 414235 loading of the splash screen nothing bad happaned.
t.CA employer

Considering Total War games has always felt ~5 years back in time all is as expected

Character portraits looks like they are more than 10 years back though, with hair and armor clipping into the rest of the model

Oh fuck there's even more features. Why couldnt they throw this into the main menu

Don't use MSAA in TW

Shit, meant for;

Game runs fine on my shitty 3 years old laptop. I don't get all the fuss about it.

Is making it simpler not an improvement?

>HAHA! Time for multiplayer!
>freeze

I have become fond of the warhammer concept since playing end times, but I think the current status of the released warhammer: total war is "pre" campaign. How can you enjoy a game without the proper amount of factions?

Will have to endure with a 6950 (2 gb) and i5 2500 for a while

How screwed am I fAm?

Maybe if you're mentally retarded

There's absolutely no way I'm going to tolerate MLAA, does forcing msaa through nvidia cp work?

I think this is it lads, they finally got me the vampire shits

Reposting from Ye olde thread

My impressions so far
The good
>removed useless squalor and sanitation mechanics from the strategy layer "replaced with corruption which works better imo"
>removed matched combat
>races are varied and fun to play as even human factions like Empire
>recruitment between global and local is nice
>campaign map looks beautiful
>battle maps are pretty interesting
>Hero and monster units are amazing and really freshen up the gameplay same with magic
>game runs fantastic on my shit rig

The Bad
>some units stat wise are pretty useless
>some factions lack unit variety empire and Brets. Hopefully dlc fixes this
>launch issues for some people none for me.(other then blackscreen during the first time I ran the game. Sat there for 2 minutes and then title menu. Heard the intro just couldn't see it."

I am pretty close to having access to all endgame-tier empire units.
Give me your ideal stack, no restrictions.

nvidia drivers mostly, will probably be solved in a day or two

You'ze just being a grumpy dwarf

I don't understand why histguys are all pissed off about TW:WH, it's a fun game and CA explicitly said that this is a completely different team and that the traditional TW games will continue to be released as per usual. If anything this is good for them, it's introducing a whole new wave of players to TW who will most likely buy the next and past historical games as well.

We all want Med 3 but that doesn't change the fact that Warhammer is a fun game.

reposting, didn't know last thread was dead.

You should do fine to be honest, it's probably my old piece of shit processor that's causing any kind of lag on these settings and your processor is better than mine I think, so you should be fine m8.

>The good
>removed useless squalor and sanitation mechanics from the strategy layer

Some people would treat this as a con.

How can you enjoy Med2 and this broken shit mod
Ah right because you are shill

>lets waste time on something CA hasnt been able to get to work for nearly TWO FUCKING DECADES
No user, you are the retard

>mfw when armor is useless and armis composed of 10 orc archers and 10 goblin melee will stomp your elite heavily armored with high morale dwarfs

for fucks sake
what's the point of being heavily armored and shielded if the enemy will still shoot your troops to pieces anyway?

>try to fight archers with quarrelers
>quarrelers come in groups of 60
>orc archers come in groups of 90

>quarrelers get destroyed due to raw numbers despite having 80 armor and being more expensive to recruit

I fucking hate running after archers after you beat the melee line
And of course, in very hard, every orc will fight till the last man, despite having lost half their army, their general, and suffering constant cannon fire.

I can by not bitching. Sieges aren't even bad since you can nuke walls from a distance.

Maybe they should fucking try harder you cock sucking, cum guzlling shilling cunt

Do you think these guys count as large?

Can I only integrate another lord into my army if I have a free space for them?

nice

I know this. I hated the mechanic. Not on the whole. But it was poorly implemented. Some buildings have squalor when there was no reason for them too.

The corruption mechanic works in a much more interesting way and I'd rather have it the squalor and sanitation

So my game has flickering and framerate issues. Is that my computers way of saying "Time to update your graphics card drivers boy...it's been 12 months"

Whats the recommended way to update drivers? I've been told installing over old ones is a bad idea. Have a pic of my emperor smashing some orc fucboi's in.

>No one posts campaigns
>There's just a shitload of people that have not even played the game talking

I don't even understand, are people busy playing?

guys i just woke up. is it good? should i buy it? from what i read it's like any other modern vidya, dumbed down and simplified.

are the battles still fun though? any new stuff?

The Bad
>Can't even touch multiplayer because it halts the game to a literal standstill

i bought this for multiplayer. Yes i'm mad.

Yup, the lack of campaigns is a perpetual issue that needs cleansing...I mean fixin

>guys i just woke up. is it good? should i buy it? from what i read it's like any other modern vidya, dumbed down and simplified.
>are the battles still fun though? any new stuff?

No.

>waste time
>implying CA has spent an incredible amount of time improving everything else

They've taken more than they have added with this installment.

If using 41 army stack

10 halberds
6 gunners
4 outriders, 2 with rifles and 2 with grenade launchers
4 greatswords
2 gryph knights (Franz only, replace with hero units if generic army. Gelt should have two wizards)
4 reichsguards (Franz/Gelt only, replace with generic empire knight if generic army)
2 steam tanks
8 artillery. Two of each type.

If not using 41 units
fak u

>Empire
>lacking unit variety

Really? They seem like the most diverse faction to me.

Chaos is just "powerful unit that slaps enemies really hard: the faction"

>dumbed down and simplified
Yes
>are the battles still fun though?
Yes

>from what i read it's like any other modern vidya, dumbed down and simplified.
No not really, that's not where the problems are.

I'd still wait though.

>Game forces low gfx because of broken code

Guys serious question pls respond.

The game is fantastic, buy it right now.

That seems to be the case.

Oh, yeah I don't play total war multiplayer Thad why I didn't talk about it. I used to play a lot during Napoleon but I got so frustrated cause faggots would drop before they lost. Same shit in Shogun 2.

If they brought back the avatar multiplayer I'd get back into it though. Loved that shit.

Is a food defecit even possible? Does is it cause a public order mallus? Also seems without a tax slider what's the point in maintaining a high public order anyway. I mean as long as cunts are revolting who gives a shit?

I've heard of NVIDIA users with the flickering, check on plebbit or the forums, here it's just shitposting people are too busy playing

Damn stunties are strong as hell, quarrellers don't mess around.

Just install newest drivers

CUNTS

Loved that shit too, but faggots hated it so they never did any progression again. They should just fix the brokeness of avatar instead of never touching it again.

Anyway, me and my friend are just killing time and waiting for a hotfix. Life is bad atm.

Are halberds or shield spears better at holding the line?

>doing reasonably alright
>endless disobedience spawns rebels
>its a fuck-you goblin army superior to anything i can build at this point
>lose terribly

Time to start again, went bankrupt the turn before and forgot just how much that penalises the armies.

can you not rename lords in multiplayer? can't find how

halp pls

>dumbed down and simplified

Dumbed down? I don't think so. Simplified? Yes at least the strategy layer.. It's certainly fun though. Combat is fucking great now without the matching system and the monsters/heroes/magic mixes things up greatly.

Also they're finally on 64bit and the game runs much smoother now thank god. I'd give the game an 8/10

i did that and im still getting the flickering

NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY?

>RUN FASTER FIGGIT
>Im crippled
>U NO TRY HARD ENOUGH
Okay Asian dad

>buy wh
>play for two hours
>get bored
>my pc doesn't even run it at more than 15fps on the absolute lowest settings despite latest drivers
>close game

Ahhhh yes.

this game is shit

refund

>People actually play Total War for the MP

This is news to me. I thought it was only good for Shogun 2.