Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/011CjebySrvObyBJk
youtube.com/watch?v=C2sGCnuS_tU
youtube.com/watch?v=DYC0qgPQfiM
youtube.com/watch?v=ss8SyOhqk1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Veeky ForumsDOOM's chatroom for the autists:

discord.gg/011CjebySrvObyBJk

Is Dis remotely possible on a pistol run (meaning I fucked up and died, losing my BFG) without using enemy in-fighting? It's not a matter of getting gud for me, it's just that there's nowhere near enough ammo to take down that arachnid fuck.
Pic retroactively related.

We still need to expand our OP. Add info and shit for both the older games and the newest one.

there should be enough rocket ammo to take down the spidermind on the upper level.

maybe.

There isn't (there's 19 rockets and very little plasma gun ammo in the center). From my experiences, getting the barons to infight with it is the only way to kill it on a pistol run.

>did you see the video of someone playing it badly lol

Why are DW's mods so based

DW?

What's up with the Mastermind in that picture?
He has literally no green parts in the final version, and the arena as a whole is darker, rather than being that fiery yellow/orange.

So, where is this sick fucker who will beat Doom 4 with just pistol on Ultra-Nightmare

I actually had plans of doing pistol-only run in Ultra-Nightmare with only upgrading the pistol... Since it's the only way to kill Mancubus and other big demons with a charged shot while they're staggered. Also
>no glory kill run too

Yup, when I will do it is beyond me.

Speaking of doom 4, I just want to see screen shots of people's snapmaps.
I mean you can only talk about the campaign for so long; snapmaps are what is going to keep the game and it's community alive.

Are the Shield Possessed this game's equivalent of Chaingunners?
Because they sure make me feel the same unbridled rage that Chaingunners did.

lol

Once I get around to finishing the campaign, I'll try to figure out snapmap though.

>based

lel

Goddammit you stupid niggers is it HARD to link to the new thread while the old one is still around?!?

>snapmaps are what is going to keep the game and it's community alive.

>lol

What? It's true and you know it. Snapmaps are intended to be the .wads of D44M.

>snapmaps are what is going to keep the game and it's community alive
>64 demon cap
>12 demons concurrently alive cap
>keeping the community alive

id are going to have to do a lot better than that to keep this community alive.
>b-b-but console limitations!
Patch SnapMap to make maps with a checkbox for PC-only, fuck you id don't do this to us.

Oh hey, it's the memeing faggot from the last thread.
>I can't drop 100 barons into a room and make terry-tier levels 0/10 shit level designer

>and make terry-tier levels

someone allegedly is doing the doom comic in snapmap, that sounds worse than terryshit for me

?

My problem was I was not able to lay down 10 possessed engineers with 15 imps and the rest being posssessed soldiers in one arena and then the next wave would consist of 20 imps 20 possessed soldiers and 10 hell knights.

The 64 demon cap only applies to hand-placed ones. With proper scripting, you can still do what you want
>20 possessed soliders and 10 hell knights
jesus christ how horrifying

>someone allegedly is doing the doom comic in snapmap
That's going to be fucking awful.
You can't even put Cyberdemons in SnapMap maps, and the Cyberdemon was one of the major fucking parts of the comic.

Got a tutorial video or anything that I educate myself on how to get it working? I tried last weekend, but utterly failed; I have the map all prepared and just need to set the demons down the way I want it.

The final wave will consist of 2 Barons of Hell, 4 Summoners, 2 Hell Knights, 2 Pinky's, 8 Revenants and the remainder being Imps and a few hidden Possessed Engineers.

People have been complaining about this for awhile.
I see them adding Cyberdemon and Spidermind in those promised updates, but limiting them to certain types of boss rooms or something. 64 cyberdemons is going to be a clusterfuck for the system.

>4 summoners
why would you do that

And there should be a buttfuck load of tutorials in-game for snapmap. All the way from starting out to advanced stuff.

I've completed both basic and advanced tutorial, but it didn't really give me an idea on how to make wave-based maps (or maybe I completely forgot about it). I'll see if I can figure it out later this weekend.

You can't put summoners in SnapMap.
;_;

Well that's just fucking fantastic.

ICYMI: id software is doing a snapmap stream today where they will showcase some creations, or so they say.

MAYBE they will confirm (or hint, at least) the updates.

Time? Link?

I think it's along the lines of the automatic demon spawner level item. tell it to create waves at intervals of X time.

They are the shotgun guys with an upgrade, the hell razers are probably the chain gunner equivalent

Bethesda is going to have a conference on E3 so let's hope they'll shed some light on future Doom support there. In a dream scenario a proper mod support with mod tools confirmed, current season pass cancelled, single-player expansion announced, Certain Affinity expelled with id fully taking over multiplayer.

Thread OST

youtube.com/watch?v=C2sGCnuS_tU

Chaingun need nerf.

Okay I'm tired of getting smacked.

Guys are there maps floating around here that show armor, health, weapon, and demon rune locations? In multiplayer I mean.

What's the timer of demon runes? I swear ive never been anywhere near a demon rune when it spawns. Any tips would be great as well.

git gud

Who are these Templar guys who Doom Marine meets in hell?

look up their twitter

remnants of Quake 3 Team Arena

They're the Night Sentinels, a group of soldiers from another conquered civilisation iirc.
Doomguy teamed up with them at some point.

Thanks friend. DLC with them when? Sequel when?

Silly idea, lore for the multi player, what do you think it would be if they had any

There is lore for the MP.
It's all a combat simulation.
Pretty much all inside of some sort of Holodeck-esque simulation.
Essentially training for the Marines and Elite Guards and such.

Oh I had this elaborate idea for a Civil war in the UAC

>spectres

Pham just fucking use the Siege mode

Stream is up

Hopefully they've taken notice of the vast difference of opinion on the singleplayer/snapmap and the multiplayer. I can see what you're hoping actually happening as it would be a wise corporate move.
Are they as annoying in 4 as they were in 1 and 2?
>That level in Doom where you're put in a pitch black room with 4-6 spectres

Fucking Id.

>actually happening as it would be a wise corporate move
They already got the money, they couldn't care less about us.

>Companies disregard their franchises after release day

That's not how sales work, you idiot.

I wanna get the new Doom OST to listen on my iPod but I don't own the game. Is there a rip anywhere yet or would a kind user be willing to do one in exchange for something like a cheap game?

I found it on youtube, but no luck on the actual download. I'm sure google would be your friend on that matter.
youtube.com/watch?v=DYC0qgPQfiM

Yeah I've been listening to it on my phone but I hate keeping my screen on for hours. Was hoping to get the upload credit @What, but I guess I'll have to wait..

No, but big companies like Bethesda like to shit on their fanbase from the very beginning. Do you REALLY think they will put money in overhauling the multiplayer? Do you really think they will add proper mo support? How long do you think that would take? No, they are milking the console audience that isn't interested in modding and will buy whatever is marketed towards them anyways. They might ramp up their PR budget, but nothing else.

>it's bethesda as a publisher so it's already done for
>console audience

Hi /v/.

I can't be the only one gets off to the Imp, r-right?..

>Multiplayer is already pretty much completely dead
Jesus.

How do I stop this from happening?

Is it possible to get stats on how many people are logged in right now?

You can't. id is fucking shit and cant make good decisions if their lives depended on it.

b-but muh cheevos

>Finally get to play D44M on pc
>having tons of fun, game is great
>crashes like a mothefucker tho
>8 hours in it BSOD my shit
>get back on it, save file is corrupted
>verify game cache and then reboot the game
>now it instantly CTD's as soon as I reach the menu

I guess I'll wait for patches.

Tbqh this game has the cutest Cacodemon design in the whole series.

Wow, that was a whole good bunch of fuck-all

If nothing happens at the E3 Showcase Snapmap will definitely die a horrible death.

How can you fuck multiplayer up so badly?

>Lets make movement slower and less enjoyable than the single player
>And lets lock people out of guns because of arbitrary progression
>Dont forget to add rnjesus hack modules which are also tiered based on how much you've played
>Lets take quad damage, battle suit, red armor, and a super weapon but instead of having them be separate pickups lets just turn people in to a demon that has all of those powers so that the other team has literally no proper recourse
>Lets not even TRY to balance weapons

Brilliant, honestly.

EXPLAIN THIS SHIT LADS

youtube.com/watch?v=ss8SyOhqk1I

Youe complaints aren't even that valid. Almost all the weapons are decently balanced. I'm sure you feel like most od them are op, because they're mostly pretty equal.
You unlock every weapon by like level 15, early levels barely need any xp so that's just a handful of games.
There are actual power ups. And the special weapon pickups are basically power ups as well.
Demons aren't immortal, and if you kill it then you get to steal the rune yourself.

Honestly you sound like you've played 2 games and went into it wanting to hate it. It also kind of sounds like you could gitgud

Polygon count.

Can it be changed within a few SnapMap patches? I really want levels with well over 200+ demons overall with maybe 30-40 thrown at you per room.

You can use a YouTube downloader or get the black screen of life app

>Almost all the weapons are decently balanced
Half of them are completely useless. And the chaingun and two shotguns are practically the only ones actually worth using. The other weapons would be fine if not limited by a shitty loadout system.

>You unlock every weapon by like level 15, early levels barely need any xp so that's just a handful of games.
Completely irrelevant. Locking players out of weapons is fucking retarded.

>There are actual power ups. And the special weapon pickups are basically power ups as well.
Doesn't excuse how fucking stupid the demon runes are.

>Demons aren't immortal, and if you kill it then you get to steal the rune yourself.
Yes but the problem is, they are poorly designed. Unlike in say, Quake multiplayer, where you get an assortment of powerups that improve one thing (quad damage, battle suit, haste, etc) you get something which just makes you better in all aspects. That's just shitty design presumably based completely around giving players who have downs syndrome or something the ability to get guaranteed frags sometimes.

>Honestly you sound like you've played 2 games and went into it wanting to hate it. It
I gave it 15 hours. I honestly tried to like it, it's just not good.

>also kind of sounds like you could gitgud
I top frag virtually every game. That's entirely the problem.

The only way to do it is by optimizing the polygon count of the rooms and monsters. As you saw, only 12 instances of monsters can be seen at any moment in Doom 4. So what must be done is by cutting some corners.

But then you will have monsters looking like this:

So it's not in relation to the fact consoles are stopping SnapMap from going over the polygon count? It's the game itself?

It's more of a problem with current polygon count limit for today's hardware. Unless you are one of those ultra rich kids with 4 Titan Nvidia card running on an obscenely overclocked machine, your game would struggle to show you a consistent FPS the more monsters you add. This is true for all games in the market.

Even pic related would make your average computer shriek in horror.

Damn... I guess I'll just hope they'll at least allow 20-25 demons at once for PC-only maps or something. The 12 demons at once is really lackluster.

Lightning gun, burst rifle, static rifle, rocket launcher, and even the vortex rifle is on par. Almost every build is going to have a shotgun as a secondary because of how tight the majority of the maps are.
The weak weapons are mostly just hellshot and har and imo plasma rifle. But I've seen people effectively use the plasma and har.

I don't think I'm articulating my problem with the weapons clearly enough.

All of the weapons work in some situations, but there's really no reason to use most of them in a loadout because the shotguns/chaingun are far more versatile than everything else. It's completely fine to have weapons balanced like this, in fact, Quake does this. The difference though, between Quake and this game is that in Quake you actually have to pick weapons up, and you aren't limited to only 2 weapons.

It feels almost like they tried to balance this game as if it was Quake, and then changed how the core mechanics work without actually rebalancing anything.

>play last levels of doom
>completely forget about bfg
>remember about it only when I see their ammo
>usually it happens when theres no enemies around

>Using the bfg at all
Are you some kind of scrub?

Yeah I actually do see your point now. There's plenty of times where I wish I could have more weapons. When I'm defending a node i wish I could lay down a plasma field and pull out a lightning gun, even though I typically don't run with either.

Baron is the only way to go, you sick fuck.

>already at 14% memory after making 4 rooms and some logic and fx

Well time for a refund... Oh wait ur took me hours just to learn how to use the snapmap.

Fuck you id.

Thats my point, I never get to use it. Same goes for power-ups.

>not digging hellknights

Do demons get hurt by fire at all in snapmap?

My settings aren't all the way up, but I was still surprised that there was no reflection in the (broken) mirrors in the bathrooms of the Doomguy

There's a fully detailed model but you don't really see it outside the model viewer, the end credits and the front of it before you put it on.

all things cost different amounts of memory .. like right now I have tons of box triggers and each cost a whooping ... 0,02%

yes

My map was ready to publish last night, but at the last second I decided to add another phase to my boss fight so I felt the need to add actual objective tracking to help. Here's a shot of just the boss objectives.

>that clusterfuck

Is there a way to trigger environmental changes through logic? I want to have the level be night vision until you restore power and I can't seem to figure out a way to do so

Not at this time, no. I've been bitching at them to let us change FX

Wow, even fucking time splitters let you do that shit and that's over ten years old.

Believe me, I wish there was a better way. I tried leaving things in 3d space instead of in flat groups but it was much much worse to manage and troubleshooting was a nightmare.

You could fudge it with a duplicate level with the lights changed and teleport the player when they activate the switch to power things up.

I miss free radical.

>Objects 99.99%
Jesus. When do we get to play this monster.

That seems like a huge waste of memory, guess I'll redesign it so turning on power is sooner