/kspg/ - Kerbal Space Penis General

Nebula edition

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
Modified versions of popular mods are being included in the stock game while the game engine is being upgraded to its latest version. The most recent update (1.1) was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving some of these goals, the game is now more unstable than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LHqLz9ni0Bo
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/why12sc8rdoybed/RLA_ProbeParts105.zip?dl=0
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/
spacedock.info/
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/
ksp.olex.biz/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-devs-hope-to-add-budgets-reputation-in-2014
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=443499370
alzheimer.ca/en/About-dementia/Alzheimer-s-disease/Risk-factors/Aluminum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous thread: >Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=LHqLz9ni0Bo

>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ

>FAQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE

>Game site
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/

>KSP mods
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0 (RLA probe parts, /kspg/ exclusive)
dropbox.com/s/why12sc8rdoybed/RLA_ProbeParts105.zip?dl=0 (1.0.5 probe parts)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c (forum mod list)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/ (mod subforums)
spacedock.info/ (community mod repository)

>Flags
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0

>Party-approved rendezvous and docking tutorials
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg

>Some useful calculators
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/ (doesn't work w/ new aero)
ksp.olex.biz/ (phase angle calculator, for planning trips to other planets)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map (deltaV map)

>Official forum
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png

>Official /kspg/ fan fiction
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if

>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

snek, BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, TRUMP 2016, abu ali al-scatterer-khan, yuri, iowa and planes are also welcome ITT. Turning the thread to shit and ruining the thread's comfiness is not.

ded

Hullo

pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-devs-hope-to-add-budgets-reputation-in-2014

In 2013, Maxmaps took the wheel, pretending to be a marketer / CM / dev to the fanbase, when in reality he was placed in charge of making sure the final product did not scale beyond the $5mil of our money Adrian and Ezequiel were actually allowing to be spent on the development of KSP.

So, with the cancelling of resources and DLCgate, we saw the future drastically narrow down to a point. This shift was embodied by Maxmaps' continually repeated statement that "sandbox is scope complete" -- we must deconstruct this statement to fully understand the multifaceted meanings. This will take time.

What is important is that in this moment a paradigm was created. A paradigm that suggested "sandbox" was a complete iteration of the game and therefore a major milestone. When in fact it was an arbitrary and artificial line in the sand designed to limit expenditure so that the majority of the invested money could be fraudulently embezzled.

By "moving on" to career mode, they created a false equivalency suggesting career and sandbox were two facets of an overall thing. When they failed to deliver career in a timely manner, science mode was added. Another one of Max's failed promises leading to a compromised feature in the game.

After resourcegate and the declaration that Sandbox was "scope complete," we saw all development begin to pace itself based on business deals rather than development capacity. Every update after this took 6 months, and failures to move the NASA deal along quickly enough led to completely mutilating .23 through .24, which would have been fantastic updates chock full of content if half the content didn’t need to be removed to satisfy an NDA.

And then of course, begins the true Max regime of .25 on.

This is how the false paradigm came to be. (1/2)

Evens, play simcity 4
Odds, watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes
0, play KSP

Sup.

Ending the false paradigm means returning to the mindset of 2013, reopening Sandbox’s scope, and, if the fanbase cares enough, scrapping and redoing career.

I would recommmend Squad "reopen" Sandbox mode and focus on a “campaign mode” next — this was the path they should have taken originally, then used the mechanics from the campaign mode to build it out into a career mode. But instead, Max set his sights on “reputation and funds” and ruined everything about the game so he could say he added a business simulator to it and saved $145 mil for the co-owners of squad to spend on Record Labels and Movie Studios and hookers and drugs. (2/2)

>have a refined physics/heating/aero model

Yeah, so... how's that working, anyhow? I understand that re-entry is pretty sensitive to angle (as it should be,) but if I put an MK1 crew cabin underneath an MK1 pod, with a heatshield on the bottom of the stack, the fucking cabin stays perfectly cool (dark red in the thermal overlay) while the fucking pod on top is glowing bright orange, at literally any angle you try, even with the stack perfectly oriented with the heat shield dead-center on retrograde.

Why the fuck isn't the pod in the shadow of the heat shield?

>You should use pressure to balance the temperature of the thread. It should be hotter on the inside and colder on the outside, if the middle of your thread is too hot or too cold compared to the rest, use the pressure to change it.
>If you need grip and you are not running with retarded pressures, use something else like springs (the softer the better as long as you have sufficient suspension travel) or camber or literally anything else depending if you need grip at low speed or high speed and if you need it at the beginning, middle or at the end of the turn.

Interesting and useful information. Have you ever worked with rally cars?

The 1.1 section of the OP has been a press release for months and every time we try to change it it magically changes back.

and if you try to try to implement a proposed change, guess who shows up and sanitizes your efforts

the last thread had only four (4) posts that were related to KSP, out of 760

let's keep this one on topic, I'll start: post your biggest rover

Delete this

Video games and YouTube videos about video games are his big interest but he plays drums + basketball as well. He doesn't seem that interested in bball and our parents are buying him a new drum set so that doesn't make much sense.

idk senpai. He asked me for an HTC Vive and I could in theory afford one. Sorta tempting desu

Never made big rovers, but this one has rotatable wheels so it can never tip over.

For what purpose?

I mean, if someone wants to hear more about the False Paradigm, I'm more than happy to oblige. Just wondering why you care so much.

I actually once forgot ladders on my mining station which had the doors on the top. Wondered why I can't use monoprop to jump higher. Found out the guy was too loaded with KIS stuff. Threw away a pylon, could fly.

So?
Even if you try, you don't have much to talk about.

Except that we actually discussed that version. I wrote that version, and nobody had any issue with it, so whomever made the OP put it in.

>ADD
>Sticking to anything

Eh, what's the worst that could happen if you give him that Vive

>only four (4) posts that were related to KSP, out of 760
Bullshit.

I saw [and saved] at least 4 screenshots of girlbals going into the sun, plus other users posting their stuff.

He could turn into a shut in and do nothing but okay video games all day.

Oh so he'd become a Veeky Forums user. Yeah not buying that then.

Wow I sure can cum a lot if I have the proper motivation. I thought I was getting old, but the sentry has just seen a lot and will stand alert as much as he needs to if the right situation presents itself.

No one fucking cares you fag.

o ok

C U T E ~ !

Oh, but he's going that way ;^)

>wanting to steamroll the culture here for the sake of posting about a fraudulent early access proof of concept and scam developed within a false paradigm by embezzling treason-committing Mexicans who use shell corporations like Electro Chango, Deported bv and PARALLEL DYNAMICS SA de CV to hide the investments for a PC game so they can develop a console edition for a second payday then fall off the face of the earth, claiming all the money was spent on a film label and record company.

If they promised to make a Kerbal movie I'd buy the game AGAIN, dear god why, i am not a fiscally responsible man. just for keks.

Love me a shitty movie.

Ratchet and Clank just came out ;^)))))))))))))))))

hi raptor

mice are cute

He thought people should buy the game.
I'm saying I'd personally make the irresponsible decision to do so only if they announced a movie.

YOU should pirate the game. It's too late for me. and i regret it every day

Reee

desu i'm surprised this is considered ethical

i'm fully aware of the hypocrisy as i eat succulent chicken, but i do not like the killing of cute things just to feed other things. [strangely, no real qualms with pest-control.]

which is particularly amusing in the case of cats. i would object to live mice being sold as cat food or toys, yet have no qualms with cats catching live mice.

i'm a hypocrite, but nonetheless: poor mousey. or is that a rat? either the snek and box are smaller than i imagine or that's a pretty big mouse by my standards.

it's a rat But I have had to feed her mice when I was unable to get rats

As for the ethics, I feed her prekilled rats now

Nope, I like watching them (I'm far from an expert tho), but I'm not ecstatic at the idea of working with them, the top level cars are some fucking nice pieces of engineering though, it's amazing to see what people come up with when they have to design a car that has to be repaired within minutes.

Anyway, if you need more troubleshooting with your racing sims, you can find setup guides pretty much everywhere on the internet, one of the most famous is the 21-step setup guide (you can find it here steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=443499370 ) that is very, very useful.
It also helps if you look a bit around the net to know what are the things that you are modifying (like damper settings, anti-roll bars and roll centres, tire's traction circles etc.) And how they work and affect the car, damper settings are pretty nasty for example. This way, with time, you won't have to constantly look at a list to know what to change when you have a problem.

;_;

one day you should troll snek by giving him an old PS/2 computer mouse.

>people saying that automation will create more jobs than it replaces because "someone has to repair the robots"
why the FUCK is this such a popular argument.

you can argue it would widen chances for everyone to be an artist or some shit, sure, that's a legitimate argument, but why the fuck would you think a robot can't repair a robot 99% of the time? why the fuck would you think robots would need repaired at a 1:1 basis [or better] by humans?

if you needed 1 human to repair every mcdonalds burger robot what in the name of fuck is the point of automating mcdonalds in the first place?

i'm of the view automation will not create more jobs than it replaces, but it will for the first time make basic income truly viable

She probably wouldn't be interested since it wouldn't smell like a rat

>i'm of the view automation will not create more jobs than it replaces, but it will for the first time make basic income truly viable

It'd be nice if the constant fucking screaming FUD luddite bullshit on Slashdot could fucking realize this. When AI/robots replaces so many jobs that it becomes a significant "crisis," we'll effectively be in a post-scarcity economy, where we can just leave most of the hard work to robots and shit and everyone will get free money because cost of producing goods will have come down so far.

Also what the fuck is going on with this POS? Why the fuck does the command pod heat up so much? Fuck this shit.

so you're saying i could give snek something that doesn't look much like a mouse at all and she wouldn't smell a rat? guess sneks aren't as smart as i thought. :^)

*BaDum Tss*

It would be like the Easter Island head in her tank, she would just climb on it.

/. is still relevant? How awful.

industrial robots are designed in such a way to reduce the MTBF as much as possible, a relative small maintance crew can maintain an entire factory

automation is the first step to get rid of the retardation that is capitalism

I thought you were concerned about the rats going for her eyes

Hullo

Injury in general really, plus it's very convenient to just thaw a rat

Hullo

Hullo yuri. How was your day?

Hiya snek. How are you?

Eh, I survived so far. How about yours?

Tired like always, might play games.

Oops, forgot my avatar :^)

I'm sleepy despite having slept for 9 hours. Shit sucks.

I'm tired too, didn't sleep well last night. Rest of my day will probably be games too.

I can understand that. I had a shit night's sleep. Feel like crap.

you dont have to be lewd for lewdness' sake

... If you really must know, I had a bad nightmare that screwed up my trying to sleep.

>143278859

tell me more :^)

There's not much to tell. People have bad dreams, it happens.

HEY IT IS MY MEME RREEE

They do.

>They do.
on user and their lies.

the social roles and conditioning of females are not conductive to long term friendship or worthwhile discussion as a male.

it's also hard to respect people who give out blowjobs like they've been pegged to the weimar mark.

I don't know, I always felt closer to girls. But I never had long friendships with them

But I thought women didn't like sucking dick

ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

>he fell for the VR meme
no wonder you bought ksp

i did as a kid. not as proper friends though, they were just slightly less overt in laughing at me for being a little retard.
maybe they don't. one candid drunk discussion told me that it's quite likely they just enjoy the brief moment of appreciation people give them that comes from sucking dick. if people would ask me i'd probably do the same fucking thing, but that'll never happen and ergo i get to posture high-and-mighty about it.

>tfw no qt trans bf

Women are fucking weird
Even the ones that like dick don't like putting dick in their mouths
What's wrong with them

That's why girls should love girls.

Girls should love cats

And boys should love boys!

17!

Boys should love boys!

no

What are you counting down to?

>/. is still relevant? How awful.

You... raise a good point.

Well, the NSA and the putin shills still bother to post there, so, there ya go.

Women like being used as passive objects. Ask Badie.

Boys should love cats too
And dogs
And horses
Just about any kind of animal, really

Everyone should love Rufus!

Ribs are in the oven kspg
don't bully my dirty oven pls

lewdness

>using aluminium foil
enjoy your alzheimers :^)

I want a plushie too... ):

I thought the kremlinbots moved to Reddit?

no

yes

yum

C U T E ~ !
are you gonna wear cute girl clothes and get it inside your boypussy? :3

alzheimer.ca/en/About-dementia/Alzheimer-s-disease/Risk-factors/Aluminum

>At this point, there is no convincing evidence that aluminum increases a person's risk of developing Alzheimer's disease.

He wasn't me.
No comment about boy lewd. This is a heretic thread.

thats whats the steel industry wants you to belive dude

wake up sheeple

what about an inflatable pile of latex designed to look like an animal?

People should love things that are capable of loving them back

*love sentient things

if it's not alive you can't hurt it and it can't hurt you

Yes, that's exactly what I mean

Sentience and sapience aren't the same thing, friendo :^))))
If you're not a retard then you'll never hurt an animal and you'll never make an animal try to hurt you

>heretic thread
get the fuck out

/kspg/ is C U T E general.

>tfw no qt satch gf to satchpost with

>tfw satch

PURGE the girl love then! rreee

I'm fine with that. I'm not fine with you vaguely hinting at memes of ded anons

Also starting at some arbitrary point in the near future, for every yuripost I see, there will be a manpost.

>manpost
pls no

Like you wouldn't manpost just as much regardless