Etrian Odyssey General

>EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EOV Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
jii.moe/Vkg7ZHvGW.7z (Famitsu scans)

Previous thread:

So that big scale in the boiling lizard room, i destroyed it with an ice skate and when i fight the boss he had only 50% life at start of fight, wtf...

Fight was twice as hard as it had to be when i just engage him head-on. I was easily able to beat him like this, felt like a cheat

Long time no see, feng.

alright so I'm finally getting around to playing untold: the millennium girl and I want to know which mode I should start off with. This will be the first EO game for me

Always observe the boss area before taking it head-on, user.

Classic

Classic.

Story, because you have content you can't find in classic.
Untold 2 any mode is fine,

Delete this.

can I get a rundown of each?

Story
Use the dupe glitch to make grimoire farming not pain in the ass

NG+ Allow you to start in any mode. (you can pic what you want to transfer)
You can't play your own characters in story mode after ng+
You can port story party to classic after ng+

Kupala is not your sex slave in classic mode

Half the medals you can only get them in story mode.

>Kupala is not your sex slave in classic mode
Forest Folk should not be kept alive.

story mode it is. naturally I should start on standard difficulty right?

For your first time at EO?
Yes, you should
Expert is the "original" difficulty
You can use picnic to power grind at ridiculous speeds

Game is balanced around expert.
Unfortunately normal is actually easy mode and picnic is grinding mode.

should I just try expert and see if I can pull it off?

Sure. Just make sure you don't waste TP like a retard, TP is precious, use it when you needed. Some skills are better to kill single units (FOEs, Bosses) and some are better to kill multiples monsters.

>it was actually deleted
lol, wut?

Most FOEs, you will want to come back to fight them after you clear the boss for that area.

But for some FOEs, it is possible to kill them before you advance a lot past them. You may want to try fighting them if you feel confident and like you have a good set up. The rewards are quite good and can even make the floor bosses much easier

When can i fight this one?

I should be using these three skill points I have right?

Yes spend your skill points as soon as you have them, but be careful not to spend them on useless skills because the only way to undo it is to drain levels from your characters with Rest, which can set you back if you do it too often.

Like, don't take Bandage or Patch Up or Food Bonus skills etc

Never, the Ragelope will murder any new adventurers, even experienced ones still get curbstomped by this thing, better off just avoiding it till very late in the game

When you have some means of leg binding reliably or resisting the panic status, because your own attacks will fuck you up worse than its own when you're at the point where it should be "easy" to kill.

>early game/dungeoning skills are useless
Get a load of this guy

Take what helps you when its most useful, you don't need a bossing build to clear the labyrinth floors you know.

Go away

>drain levels from your characters with Rest
Rest is like only 2 levels in the newest games.

You'll get way more mileage out of early skills like Patch Up and save yourself way more time in the long run, compared to the measly 2 levels you lose from resting in the early game. Invest in skills that help you now; regaining 2 levels is pretty trivial.

I don't like Frederica.

I don't like her hair. I don't like her voice. I don't like her name.
Her face is dumb and her forehead is too large.
Her clothes are stupid and her gloves are retarded. Exposed wrists, really? Edgy teen.
I don't like the way her pigtails move with her expressions.
I don't like how thin and sharp her pigtails are either. She should condition them for volume.
She is a bland character who hates fun and adventure.
Is she the Highlander's love interest or not? Fucking make up your mind and develop your character instead of always being in the sidelines of conversations.

Ricky is the worst poster character Etrian Odyssey has ever had, and an even worse portrait than the nerdy Monk in EOIII.
No matter what anyone will say, this is not bait. It's the sad truth that this general must come to realize if it wants to be progressive; Ricky is shit.

>and an even worse portrait than the nerdy Monk in EOIII.

So its not bad if i Rest and change the skills later right? what about Retire, can i use that too? it says the character that replaces the retired one is enhanced, so if i Retire everyone the new adventurers will be buffed af right?

I"m reminded of a story where someone told this guy on /eog/ to retire his entire guild the moment the option became available and he had to suffer through re-leveling them, adorable really that he fell for it...

But yea don't retire them. How can an adventurer be finished adventuring after only 2 stratums?

>playing an etrian odyssey game
>something really awesome happens
>something super bad happens
>forgot to save
oh well

Retire only grants a buff to the new replacement adventurers if the retired adventurer is level 30+, with the boost to stats increasing every 10 levels. The new adventurer will start from level 1.

It's never strictly necessary in any of the games; but if you do want to use it I would recommend retiring one character at a time and using the other characters to grind the character up.

>play an etrian odyssey game
>something happens
>forgot to buy a wire

such unprepared adventurers, always carry 9 warp wires just to be safe

>Play an Etrian Odyssey game.
>Accidentally choose the wrong action for the 5th party member.
>Entire battle goes to shit as a result.

Thank god 2U added turn confirmation.

I actually make sure the 5th member is always someone with the least important skills or just dps so that i don't accidentally forget to heal or use the bind/ailment i really needed

>the recommended level for the abyssal king is 55!
>charged front mortar does 1100+ to him and 1500+ to olympia
>beat him by turn 20
Fuck you guys

I don't know whether you're saying it was easy, hard or on point.

Too easy

>Expert is the "original" difficulty

Not him but really? I always figured Expert was a cut above it.

Expert has got to be the mode for masochists and true game pros, I can only handle Classic mode and sometimes i have to put it on picnic... feels so embarrassing i wish i was better at this game

Only boss that gave me any real issue on Expert Story was Gimle. That tank was fucking stupid.

this desu

It's hard to really make straight comparisons though because on one hand there's a lot of broken combinations in the old games that can nullify a lot of the challenge, which makes the games a cakewalk for certain party compositions where other party compositions might struggle (i.e. Medic Immunize in EO, Axcela spam into Dominate in EO2, etc.)

On the other hand, the newer games introduce balances across most party members that allow for a lot of synergies and a wider variety of party compositions, which means there aren't as many clearly dominant party compositions.

In my opinion the best gauge of difficulty is being able to say that random floor encounters actually can wipe your party - and in this sense I would say Expert's fairly comparable to the difficulty of the classic DS games, in that it's quite possible to die against random encounters if you don't pay attention and try to make maximum use of your skills and items. Ambushes are also appropriately lethal as well.

reccomended level for each stratum boss is 5+10xstratum#

So I'm on floor 4 on the first stratum in EOU2 with a Hi/Beast/War Magus//Gunner/Hexer.

1) Is this a good team? Would it be better if I replaced the highlander with a Dark Hunter?

2) I started on Standard because I thought that was the default difficulty. I've played/beaten EO3 and EO4 post games with little problems. Am I missing out by not switching to Expert?

Switching out ho for a dh would give your hexer more things to do since they would be focusing on landing both ailments for your war magus and binds for your dh. Personally I would stick with the hi since he can make it easier for your hexer to land those ailments and its more reliable damage than the dh

I'm playing through EO2U now and my DH is kinda underwhelming, I'm using a whip build for Ecstasy during Rose Prison mostly. It locks down most bosses for a few turns and I can put an Ecstasy Grimoire on my So to hit harder, but doesn't deal much consistent damage. Maybe Swords are better since I'd have more Grimoires to work with?

WHY CANT I STOP BULLYING RICKY

WHY DONT I HAVE MORE RICKY IMAGES

Arianna is funner to bully anyways.

Yeah Ricky is pretty fucking bad. I went in expecting awful moeshit and instead got a boring insufferable bitch.

How? That thing went down in like one hit from Highlander in my playthrough.

I wonder who could be behind these posts...

Fucking I am a dumb fucking shit. I always forget about action boost on a character and the next turn I think they are free to use an item.

Cant remember if I left a Divine Gift seed in storage and burned them all on one turn

Ok can you at least agree on this then.

High Tier:
Raquna, Bertrand, Fafnir, Chloe

Good Tier:
Flavio, Arthur, Simon, Highlander

Shit Tier:
Arianna, Ricky

High Tier: Raquna

Mid Tier: Rosa

Shit Tier: Everyone else

I dunno why you tried

>Le lesbo drunk
>Good

I said High Tier, faggot.

Take your wrong opinions and shit tastes to /v/

>Rosa

Nice wrong opinions there friend.

combat farmer eou3 when

That is acceptable.

Would you bang a bird?

>burning your Force Break to use Ecstasy and losing out on the Boost damage
This is horrendously wrong; using Ecstasy without being in a Force Boost state means there's a ton of damage you aren't doing. Rose Prison is an emergency Break to get you out of a tight spot - it's for situations where you need to bind something ASAP so it doesn't murder your team.

Land binds with other characters and use Force Boost to increase the amount of Ecstasy damage you do. Hexer Force Break (Black Mist) can also extend the length of the bind effect.

Generally speaking you gain far more out of trying to maximize the damage you do in the few turns you have. Consider grimoires like Charge and other attack buffs like Bravants to increase your damage output as well.

I would bang a fafnir

>still thinking there's going to be an EOU3 any time this gen

>still thinking there is not an EOU3 on the way

So I know people think EO3U can't be fafnir/highlander parties because of EO3s classes but what if they just make the story mode characters classes "unique" so it'd be like Fafnir/Highlander for the first two U's but with all your party members?

Highlander is irrelevant and out of the story.

>people caring about a remake when titty odyssey 5 is coming in a year or so

With which game should I start if I want to get into the series?

You're irrelevant and should be out of the general.

>no ip increase

nice try

EO4, EOU and EO3 are all good starting places.

If you do EOU though, make sure to start in story mode.

EO4 is generally agreed upon as the best point to jump in.

Thanks guys, I will start with EO4 then. Is there anything else I need to know before starting it?

Everything until now in EOV has been shit.
EO3 for a lot of people is the best. So people is hyped too for an "expected" remake.

You are going to die.

A lot.

I miss the scenery in IV.

Untold was way too blue. U2 was an improvement, but IV is such a beautiful game.

PQ

You need to know that Anzu is the best im@s

Its the easiest one of the EO's if you ask me. Just make a balanced party and roll with it. I don't find the game to be particularly difficult for a first timer.

I suppose its worth mentioning to check out the OP for class guides so you see what has good synergy with what, what your best subclassing options are, and generally what you should be investing into.

Also use the skill calculator.

Spotter, Leg Bind, Squall Volley, Blood Surge Sniper is hella beast and don't fall for the Bushi is shit meme, people hate it on principle because its a "furry" class

Fuck off gamefaqs

>IV is such a beautiful game

Dunno man, I played it recently and it wasn't beautiful at all like many people consider it. It was average at best. I guess it's because it wasn't my first EO.

who?

Never forget the Ariadne Thread, and don't underestimate the roaming monsters.

Post your party to give advice.