/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-34-clarke-patch.936898/
youtube.com/watch?v=auBTt8c4Kis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for the second coming of gamergate[/spoler]

What's the best corvette loadouts early game? I know you are supposed to focus on shields over armor, but what about weapon loads? I have mining drone lasers and fusion missiles, what combination should I use?

>keep playing collectivist materialist despots
>want to try something new
>xenophilic spiritualist pacifists, enlightened monarchy
>small ring galaxy
>start with 9 planets in my territory
>4 (FOUR) Gaia worlds, two of them 25 tiles
Holy fuck, do they weight the game in favor of xenophiles and pacifists?

So have you fags been talking about the early patch notes at all instead of just the mod removal?

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-34-clarke-patch.936898/

> playing xenophobes
> they all migrate to fill the vacant plots on Ayy Lmao planets
> suboptimal autism TRIGGERED
I'm seriously considering turning migration off you shits. I thought the gub'mint taught you to fear the alien, the mutant, the heretic?

>All this awesome concept art in the load screens
>None of the in-game ships reflect an even remotely similar aesthetic in their designs

I'm mad as fuck about this.

Goddamn that guy looks like a fucking window licker.

In game ships are so fucking ugly it's not even funny. Modders need to get on that shit.

>modded civ 5 to a point where I enjoy it immensely
>stellaris appears
>see what all the fuss is about
>looks fun
>check out what other games the devs have done
>their games are literally +$200 with all the dlc
>go back to playing civ 5

The game does look fun, I'll probably get it on sale once it's confirmed civ 6 is total shit. There is still a glimmer of hope as of now.

If you don't know who this is, get the fuck out of here: youtube.com/watch?v=auBTt8c4Kis

Get to it. Can't you just port over models from over games?

if only. Gotta get the hardpoints and the designy-bits down

Paradox DLC is easy to pirate.

Is the DLC even necessary with mods? Cities:Skylines is fine without any expansions, with just a few mods. It's like like civ, where the complete editions are practically required.

Depends on what the DLCs add and if mods add the same things.

Don't use this thread

There is no 'best' it goes by what your enemy is using

7/10ths of the paradox DLC is cosmetic unit packs and music. There are a number that are required if you want to have more features and such. If you are playing a multiplayer game only the host needs the dlcs and everyone in the game will get to use the dlc in that game.

I'm talking about EU4 I assume their other games work the same way so that hundreds of dollars of DLC isn't really something you need to worry about. Majority of it is cosmetic.

Paradox makes lots of cosmetic DLCs for their games, and also a large expansion pack every 4-5 months.

The expansions are released alongside large free patches which also add content to the game, but considering how easy it is to pirate Paradox DLC there's no reason to ever pay for any of it.

This especially the early game alien events. Crystalline chain Xenophiles and Pacifists get 10% to Physics for the rest of the game, anything else gets jack.

This is early game so I'm mostly just fighitng crystals.