/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE. You can only downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod.
-Even on 11.0, Luma3DS needs an updated arm9loaderhax.bin or Luma3DS.dat to go online. Get it here: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
-3ds.titlekeys.com/ added QR codes, allowing for games to be downloaded and installed directly from FBI
-Region changing with working eshop now available for O3DS only, check the guide

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing to run Loadiine and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>PSV
-Cobra Black-Fin will be released in the future, allowing piracy. It won't be compatible with 3.60.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!eMFlECiL!Ai7byan2ohzeVPMnVgCuN-AlpVsNlZsOFwkxgJdOx38
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/commit/45f12418520e99795c8e4d4dee3a1f000acc91a5
mega.nz/#!XdpSRDpS!pUvb6nsvYfRDIQHeWWbbhpGv70kbKAHVbGDMfPIPdds
github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for why the fuck are people still using rxtools

Reposting:

Need some help. My emunand crapped itself.

Can I extract a game's save file if I have the "Nintendo 3DS" folder? I found a file called "0000001.sav" in the 7th Dragon folder (018f8) in the Nintendo 3DS folder.

I've reformatted my emunand since it was the only way I could get it to boot. If I imported my old emunand backup, it doesn't boot.

Is there any way I could get my old save file back? Simply copy-pasting the old 0000001.sav file results in a "save data corrupted" message in the game's start screen.

second for ZTD leak when

>using cfw at all
>not just popping games in your sky3ds master race

yes, though some games are able to detect if you modified the savegame.

Bumping this, never got an answer.
How do you play the game?

>tfw you lost your 3ds
>tfw you used it for Wii U and 3DS games
I guess I'll buy a used 2ds and another sd card...
hold me

Will it ever be possible to get those Wii U VC games to work on 3DS?

Just curious

>80 dollars
>can't use the slot for DS flashcart

okay

Is there a program that would allow me to transfer the save data from my backup to my new emunand?

I replied to you you dumb fuck

Does the friend list just not work on a9lh?

Yes, I have the updated files. Can play games online fine and see my friend list there, but I can't access it from the home menu. My activity log doesn't work either for some reason, but I don't really give a shit about that.

Does anyone know why my 3DS doesn´t boot my R4i SDHC Dual-Core and my legit Sonic Rush cartidge
They work on my XL thought

seconding this question

Doesn't appear in the eShop.
Other people have installed and played the game using FBI 2.2.1, and there's no reason updating FBI would fix anything.

I feel like a fool.

your firmware is broken desu
you have to SEARCH for it. if it doesn't show up your region is set to a retarded country, set it to something non-retarded.
>Other people have installed and played the game using FBI 2.2.1
because those people aren't too retarded to find a game on the eShop
>and there's no reason updating FBI would fix anything.
except newer FBI automatically pulls the same crypto info a repair from the eshop does?

Did you update to the nightly builds of Luma or replace the old firmware.bin from the new ones from said nightly builds?

It was never released on the eShop. It was a Club Nintendo thing.

Sm4sh WiiU DLCs + Undub USA for 1.1.6: mega.nz/#!eMFlECiL!Ai7byan2ohzeVPMnVgCuN-AlpVsNlZsOFwkxgJdOx38
I hope it works

I used the updater to get the latest nightly.

then you can't run it unless you install it with the updated FBI version.
>b-but the other people
didn't use a CIA generated by FunKeyCIA

>lost

You clearly didn't read what you were replying to if you didn't notice that I mentioned it wasn't on the eShop in the first post.
And the FBI builds after 2.2.1 don't add anything like that.

Why even bother replying?

How do you run this thing anyways?

Is there any other place to find 3ds QR download codes besides the titlekey site?

I want to play Stella Glow but there's only a EUR version up and you need to go on the eStore to fix the freezing issue for your region to play it and I have a US 3DS.

If not, any tips on what I can do to get this EUR version running? I'm on Luma 3DS menuhax

>b-but the other
>Stuttering onIine

You're IiteraIIy retarded.

SDCafiine and Loadiine

You can find a cia of the US version on 3dsiso.

>the FBI builds
are you retarded? there's a reason I told you to compile from source.
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/commit/45f12418520e99795c8e4d4dee3a1f000acc91a5 this commit automatically fixes titles installed from CIA.
I've been telling you to fix your L key for three days now, are you poor or something?

>not playing the undub

Enjoy your ear cancer.

What's the deaI with peopIe having issues running recent FE Fates dIc on the uItimate edition?

lt Iooks Iike with the most recent dIc you can pIay it once after instaII then it won't show up once you exit the game.

Has anyone recentIy had the new dIc not working on R X, Cakes, Iuma, etc?

What are the game that require 10 . 6?

ls it just BraveIy Second and then the other newest game stiII just need 10 . 3?

Well now that I've gotta clear some more room on my measly 8GB to do it the old fashioned way anyways, I might as well. Is the undub worth it? I've put up with some pretty shit dubs in my day.

heres a link for the undub
mega.nz/#!XdpSRDpS!pUvb6nsvYfRDIQHeWWbbhpGv70kbKAHVbGDMfPIPdds

You can just do a network install. It takes the same amount of space as a QR install.

undubs are always worth it

this is happening to me as well, I have to delete the DLC data from the system settings and install the cia again if I want to play the maps after the first time. Anyone know how to fix this?

That U S?

Yes.

>major addition
>added 17 days ago
>latest release 24 days old
>previous release 25 days old
>need to build from source for major fix

Not him, but that's retarded.

welcome to 3DS homebrew, last major Luma release is just as old and has a bug that patches friends incorrectly, so you can't play online games with it unless you compile it yourself / install hourlies

Thanks a ton, gonna figure out how to do that network install now

Thanks m8. Any issues with it or is it a perfect undub?

All the bad SMT Survivor 1 and 2 undubs with issues out there with the game freezing and bad audio issues have me asking this

Is there any CIA tool that works like the micro SD manager in the N3DS System Settings?

I forgot where I got the undub. It is possible that the cutscenes aren't undubbed.

I wonder how... there are no guides for this

What are you running them on?

Not him but bump for interest.

>tfw afraid to get the new ones now

Haven't gotten any for about a month now. When did this start happening?

Yes, found a few on 3dbrew

How would you go about extracting, (editing) and repacking a Wii .wad?

That's amazing

Is there any way to make ntr save screenshots to folder or something instead of the root of the SD card?

still want to know. I cant tell if overclocking is actually working

I'm back, and I tried DK. All his limbs are mushed into his body in one large mass. It's so disturbing. Here's him performing the knee.

I'm trying to hack my N3DS right now and I'm just after the step where you convert the sysNAND to redNAND or something.

When I launch Luma it launches straight to Home and System Settings reports "Sys 9.2.0-20U". is that right?

or should it say "emu" like in the guide?

Luma3DS, a9lh

>tfw inferior 9h and Iuma users got suckered into having users switch from superior aIternatives and now aIready have dIc issues and guaranteed compatibiIity issues with upcoming games

Imao you aII got kucked for cIicks by a bunch of Iuma's promo team and cIueIess GBA users

>IIstening to the fucking morons of this generaI who are aII mindIess sheep to begin with and everyone eIse is just shiIIing for cIicks

HoIy shit Imao l'm just going to sit back and watch you aII faiI

i've got a few myself

Why are their names censored?

woah, so how is this glitch happening?

what the fuck are you talking about L

>mfw reading this

smash 4 mods

Is there a way to update my arm9loaderhax.bin within my 3DS? Or do I have to download and replace it manually.

Maybe try restoring it via savedatafiler?

yes

last one for now

Game and watch is frickin weird.
love this

If I download a demo via FBI/QR code, does it automatically unlock the full game? It seems like there must be an extra step.

I'm reading the guide on Part 4 and I don't get what the fuck is this supposed to mean
>Make sure your WiFi is on (it has not been disabled from the SysNAND home menu settings), you can only toggle it by pulling the battery which resets it to be on

no

cool thanks i'll keep reading dat op

github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases

bonus

just leave your wifi on and connected to the internet

if you accidentally proceed without turning it on, you can force wifi on by removing the battery and putting it back in

are you serious? is English your second language or do you just lack basic reading comprehension?

I don't get the part where it says
>it has not been disabled from the SysNAND home menu settings
where the fuck do you disable wifi in home menu? unless you mean the slider in the 3ds or in system settings
that's the part that had me confused
thanks.

how does one lose his 3ds

doesn't apply to you

Oh damn I forgot New3DS has wifi setting on home menu
sorry

I scanned 7th dragon's qr code but when I tried to run the game, it's stuck at the 3ds loading screen. Any help guys?

Auto-updater for FBI when?

Okay so now that anything above 10.7 is a no go should I just buy myself a 2DS? Can I hack that?

Is Stella Glow actually good, or is it a meme recommendation?

Finally done with the guide, thanks for the help everyone.
I can now download games from any region correct? Should I look for cia files or use the ticket system. I heard the ticket system has issues with DLC though

all brand new 3ds' come with 10.3 and under so sure

open eshop
go to game page
scroll down
select repair

or compile and install a newer version of FBI and reinstall the game

Honestly a great game, you should get it,

Don't you have any opinion of yours? I don't see why mine would be useful to you in any way, but if you wish here it is: I dislike the entire genre.

How many games are even that far up? Not sure any are yet.

You don't need to select repair user, just visit the eshop page.

Does anyone have a list of all the commands for ntr debugger?

Speaking of which. is the r4i gold still the best card for just ds games?

I've always been partial to the acekard 2i

a_tale_of_two_links.jpg

Does Lumas3DS.dat go in the root of my SD card, or do I need to put it on my card, then use Lumas updater to install it? I just want to make sure I have online connectivity.

root

updater is just when you want to update