Overwatch General - /owg/

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>/owg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f4jgjADsR1q3vjxS4SvLBaqvvnAcr0Pxg4ggs6_wObw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Flockmod
flockmod.com/owg

>/owg/ Survery
docs.google.com/forms/d/1n4-Xcs6_u2-uPPNrSUYiyKhE1_xFxrt1NsgbsrSOw6w/viewform

>"Hero" Animated Short
youtube.com/watch?v=cPRRupAM4DI

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/sosnyt.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Maining a hero
>Current year

>tfw dicking around in custom games
a.pomf.cat/sosnyt.webm
FAST

faggot

>add every person in NA from owg list
>join a group of them so we have a 6 man team
>4/6 on voice
>say hi
>no one responds
>no one talks even
>My mic works since teamspeak can hear me and I played a game a few minutes ago I was talking in
>play a few matches, but in one match we kee getting flanked
>playing as Mercy
>call out the reaper every time, multiple times
>keep telling players to turn around
>no one turns 180 just to glance, just keeps marching forward
>reaper comes behind us and kills half the team 3 times in a row
>removing every person I added from /owg/

I don't know why I thought "they're from Veeky Forums, they must be good" meme. Even one of my friend's normie friends who didn't play the beta all communicated in voice and played way better.

let d.va strafe and remove her critbox

So how long do you give these threads before they calm down from the release hype and enter constant waifu/shipping/speculation-fagging again?

You guys sure complain a lot.

Anyone on Veeky Forums want to play with someone just learning to healslut?

>tfw you get Play of the Game

Why the fuck is the only hero I'm good with Reaper

drawfriend pls i need more

region?

its posts like that seriously make me question whether or not you retards actually play the game

>Tracer relives her earlier job

Solder 76 is underappreciated. You can get top damage, elims, objective kills, and objective time and they'll vote for the Mercy that healrd 20% damage

Why the fuck is mine D.va, of all things?

So why aren't you playing arcade mode, user?
Too fast for you?

What works for me is to treat them as traps rather than area denial. They'll die quick if you put em at chokepoints because everyone will know they're there. Put them in side rooms, especially health pack rooms, or where they'll be distracted by fighting your teammates and won't have a chance to look for them.

where do I unsubscribe from this blog

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, NA east coast.

Should I post my bnet also or is there some other way of doing this....

he's easy as fug

I've said this before and I'll say it again, don't play with people from Veeky Forums.

Most people peak at around 10-15 hours of gameplay

I'll vote for a good mercy considering almost all of them are basically retarded

Huh?

What would level 25+ change? Or do levels actually affect matchmaking cause last I check they didn't mean shit.

It's pubs mate, not the Olympics

Because anyone who picks Zarya ruins the entire game there's no fun at that point

Also Meis who spam cryofreeze on capture points to contest for 15 minutes

we need the overwatch edit

I thought everyone knew 76 is pretty good.

This is more new than I'm used to dealing with.

>Stomping a mudhole into the enemy team on payload offense
>They switch to 5 junkrats 1 bastion
What do you even do?
It was Dorado, so tons of narrow hallways to get fucked in on the last point.

im saying the widowmakers you were/are against are braindead kids who wanna pick the sniper class

More like too slow. Overtime lasts forever

well clearly this is your personal blog and I subscribed to it by accident to see your boring life story

Mei makes that mode unplayable, have you ever played against six Meis in arcade? True hell, it's some ninth circle shit right there.

Post Mercy's

I am though
Fucking hell, Winston in this brawl is fun as fuck, jumping around and popping ult whenever you're close to dying is the best

Is there nothing I can do to squeeze more frames out other than setting graphics to low? Changing the resolution doesn't seem to do much.

Also are there any good sites for finding play mates / 6 stacks? I'm thinking something like the old TF2Lobby for those who remember.

I'm so fucking tired of king of the hill

>attacking
>2 snipers
>get rekt

REPEAT
when will this team death match shit end?

>Lucio/Reaper/Mei all try to extend Overtime at once

how do you fuck up mercy
all she does is heal, jump, and sometimes boost peoples damage

man i just wanna practice until im an hanzo god but people keep picking winston ;_;

Getting good with D.Va makes playing as McCree and Genji a breeze.

Well shit, then I'll keep pub stomping until then.

Either way it works for me most of the time and I feel like it should work for most folks in your average pub as well.

Go 5 Tracers and a Lucio

>they're from Veeky Forums, they must be good

LOL. You don't even have to play with Veeky Forums visitors to realize that, just reading threads from /v/ or Veeky Forums will make it clear that the average visitor is as bad as anywhere else, except with more dunning-kruger.

there's a store option in the game already where you can buy them. How else would you explain a level 4 having 12 loot crates?

Veeky Forums has never been good at video games and i have no idea where you got the idea they would be

never play with anyone from Veeky Forums

>Remove the critbox on someone with 400 fucking armor 100 health

Yeah, that doesn't sound imbalanced by the slightest.

At most, reduce it's size a little bit.

>Hey let's have a team of randoms matchmake into a premade
>Good idea bossman yes siree bob

I've actually won more games than I've lost with that shit but you know sooner rather than later that shit is going to be pure cancer.

Why? D.Va doesn't need good aim to be effective nor does lead targets because hitscan.

>Tfw you ended up being a Reinhardt player

Most stand around like absolute retards and/or permanently attach themselves to pharah/widow all game which makes them less of a team support than symmetra and torbjorn

probably render scale in advanced options if you haven't lowered it (manually set it to something low instead of auto).

that is immobile when shooting? that has no range? are we playing the same fucking game here?

is your limit fps checked to off?

They should just give her mech a weakpoint on the back rather than the front like Sentry Bastion.

>yes siree bob
I like you user, keep up the good work, hopefully they fix matchmaking as the game progresses

God bless (You)

I can't answer the McCree part, but between Genji and D.Va there's an overlap in how they use their E.

If you are good at D.Va's E you are probably also good at Genji's E.

Because you can kill people in a third of the time.

>tfw losing almost every single game I play
>tfw I don't know if its just because I'm a shitty mercy or if its because my team is shit
>tfw this has majorly fucked up my win/loss ratio

I dunno, I played plenty of MMOs and Dirty Bomb with 4chin and they were pretty good
Then again they were EU, maybe NA Veeky Forums are really as bad as you claim they are

What's with all the Lucio's? I don't remember there ever being this many. I haven't had a single match where there wasn't 2 lucios on the map since launch.

I've seen like 4 Mercy's and 8 Symmetra's.

I haven't seen any Zenyattas since he dies everytime someone sneeze on the other side of the map.

also if you struggle getting to 60fps, limiting it to 30 might make it easier for your card to not overheat and in turn much smoother.

YES PLEASE

Yeah. You don't have to continue shooting if you fuck up your boost combo you know. You can just like, press E and back away.

Mercy is tricky in pubs if you're solo. I've found Lucio or even Zenyatta to be a lot more effective.

I always play Lucio on KotH just for the speed boost at the start.

I feel like the only one who likes this character. I love building teles and sentry nests. GIVE HER A BETTER GUN BLIZZ

How to deal with multiple Bastions when is comes to pushing the payload into the last area? Not trolling but asking seriously, I usually play with a few friends so if it involves certain team combinations or ult combos that works since we all use mics and communicate.

The biggest issue we have found isn't really killing the Bastions, that's not the hard part, it's killing them while pushing the payload forward. For example if we use players like Pharah, Widow, Junkrat ect we can get the kills on them but when we need to push the payload we dont have the health to be able to stand near it and not melt from their own Pharah, junkrat, ect AOE damage. The issue with bringing a Rein or someone else with a shield or high HP is that Bastion is able to kill them/destroy the shield so quickly they become useless.

Any help?

How do you say this characters name?
I've always been awful at names

>tfw I'm shit at videogames now

feels bad

well in that case, congratulations you accomplished fuck all when you could have filled that teamslot with a hero that can actually do something

fuck off retard

People finally realized he is really good.

Plus I can spam Jet Set Radio quotes.

I guess that makes sense.

should there be only 1 each character on each team? it feels like twin strats are a little too powerful

Sentry nests are fun, but goddamn, randomly pressing E whenever someone passes by is the dullest and least interactive shit ever. I don't even know who came up with that.

the way he's set up it's almost impossible for him to be bad unless they really fuck up his numbers

like i know the joke is that he's a call of duty character but that is a pretty solid archetype

BUILD A WALL

I don't get it. Do you have some sort of blogging browser addon?

This is so perfect I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner
Backlash would be heavy, people not playing the game b/c you toke their waifu etc

I played against 6 meis today in that mode.
We still won but it was icy hell, literally 3 ults going at all times.

I don't even understand Blizzard didn't restrict it
Who thought stacking wouldn't be a massive problem in this kind of games?

Just buff up the sentries hit points a bit and the shield
Although a somewhat faster charging charged shot would be nice

I have never lost more playing an FPS more than this one. I don't get how it's possible every single game to have people on my team who just want to snipe or ignore everything

I'm honestly so mad.

no go away

Have you heard about peeking? Just quickly strafe behind a corner in between shots to minimize the damage you take. Bastion can't do this, which makes him trade unfavorably every time.

Snipe the Bastion with Hanzo, Widow or Pharah while your healer heals them to minimize resource loss.

>all 5 other players pick
>"we need a support"
>last person picks symmetra

I cringe every time.

It's pronounced in game as Tore - Bee'yorn. My understanding is a proper swedish pronunciation would be more like Tore - Byurn though.

>I will never marry Pharah

Just end my life

I've thought of this too but i'm not sure how I feel about it. On one hand it makes flying away from enemies as D.Va suicidal because they are going to be critting the shit out of you as you leave. On the other hand straight forward fighting with her would become stronger.

People have figured out that between his absolutely insane ult (that doesn't require everybody on your team except for your support to be dead)/his aoe heal/his ability to easily knock people into pits for easy kills that he's by far the best support in the game.

Got it, thank you.

hi there

I only play with bots because it's a more enjoyable experience