/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

le bully victim Xd

Bullied into crossword puzzle Old

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/17135
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Maria fags make worse OP's than even Lucy

Second for heh

>this sentence

Can I marry anyone with the ring or can I only propose to the best covenant leader of the best covenant and that's it?

You can marry this dick vilecuck

Haha does anyone leave ayylien-iosefka alive so they can pretend everything goes back to normal after the hunt so you and she can hold hands and kiss sometimes and stuff haha I don't just wondering if anyone does lol

I leave Ayyosefka and Gilbeast alive and in my headcanon they find each other and have a baby who turns out to be Ebrietas who goes back in time and gets found by the Choir triggering a time loop and when I think about it I have to masturbate haha

Wow that's pretty stupid do you have any more stories like that so I can laugh at them haha

I can't according to the wiki.

l have given her like 50 blood dregs and she did nothing. ls there an end to it?

>50
Kek.

BB + DLC + GOTY editions are on sale in the European store, if anyone still hasn't bought it. 40-50% reduced.

GAS THE BEASTS

BLOOD NOW

HONOR TO CAINHURST.

How can I contact FROM? I only find Namco bullshit. Who is responsible for BB overseas?

What would you need to contact From for user?

anyone figure out what the women in the Rom soundtrack is saying?

I want to suck their dicks, silly.

BUILD BRIDGE

any basic numbers of stats for most builds?
>leveling second char out of boredon

Is base endurance enough for Rakuyo? Will I be as cool as Lady Maria with it?

Why not automatic turrets that shoot everything that has corrupted blood?

50 main stat
50 vita
End base or up to you
25 second stat

Sorted after priority. I mostly quit at 90 for invasion reasons and don't touch the second stat.

Because in Yharnam that would mean shooting absolutely everything.

So? Immigrants can take over a safe town then.

>Will I be as cool as Lady Maria with it?
Yes user. Yes you will.

Cool. What gesture when I kill people to death? I will be a noble Vileblood. Anything special that I should do to Executioners?

decapitation should do

That sounds like foreigner talk to me. Never should have come here.

>What gesture when I kill people to death?
Curtsy like a faggot.

>Anything special that I should do to Executioners?
Most likely letting them kill you.

>Curtsy
I haven't saved the white this time and already killed Rom. It's too late already, no?

I heard the messengers sell more Chalice materials in NG+. A that true? Do I keep the Erebitas chalice from NG in NG+.

Yes and yes. NG+ lets you keep any chalices you've found/chalice progression, and both the normal and insight messengers sell extra materials.

OK I gotta ask, now when is the ideal point to stop putting points into a skill?
50?

40 for End, 50 for everything else. 25 is a softcap.

So, when I grind them I should go NG+ no matter what. Meh. It doesn't affect ccop or invasions at all, right?

This.

Though I should add Hunter Tools continue scaling with Arcane right up until 99 so if you're doing a Mensis build or something you can continue pumping that.

So if I'm Dex build I should just stop at 50 Dex for NG+ and ++ and then pump, I dunno, points into Arc?

Nothing, stay at a good level to coop / invade frequently.

>tfw been having more trouble with this shit than any boss in the game. Haven't even got him down to phase 2 yet ;-;

That depends. If its PvE only, there is no reason not to go 99. But if you want to go online anywhere, follow Most of the time people will make the jump to NG+ for Bastards of Loran since they're finite unless you do Lower Loran or NG+. You can still invade people in NG if you're in NG+ and vice versa

So aren't the bosses get that much tougher in the subsequent playthroughs? Seeing as the cap is lower than Dark Souls if I'm not mistaken.
Sorry, not much experience with the game yet.

Do you find many people to summon at the 98 meta? honestly l hardly find anyone at 118

What's the range for summoning? I'm at level 71 and get summoned quite often

Fuck I think I'm level 150 or something and get summoned quite a bit yet. Is it different on NG+ and ++?
I never paid attention to be honest.

What zones? l'm at ng+ l thought matchmaking was only affected by lvl

i get invaded or invade every minute on mensis at 120

Do you REALLY need to bring Arc up to 99 for Arc builds to be any good or am I allowed to lower it to like 70-80 so I can ACTUALLY use fun weapons?

I never really got it. I mean whats with the guys that beat NG+7 and probably have 200+ level because of it?

I think it depends a fair bit on where you ring the bell. Srrcing with randoms works pretty well

You don't need 99 arc but it can be handy. Most will stop at 50 for the 98-120 meta and to have room for other stats. Only reason why people consider 99 though is because hunter tools scale well after 50 when hardcaps kick in for everything else.

Yeah I know tools scale up to 99, but it the damage increase really worth losing out on the benefits of other stats?

Isn't using a password what makes you able to play with someone of any level?

If you plan on using A Call Beyond, then yes.

They do, the DLC bosses get extremely hard but why put points in attributes that will hardly make you stronger? You fuck over your coop/ invasions by this for minimum gain. At some point you will simply face overwhelming monsters.

Yes it is. SRRC just seeks out people of the same level rather than you having to run around ringing and hoping.

Yeah, passwords will let you co-op with anyone regardless of level. A 120 could co-op with someone who just started the game with passwords.

I see. So my current stats are
Vit: 45
End: 40
Dex: 50
Arc: 30
Str: 12
Blt: 10
So better stop now for Co-Op or get that Vit to 50 and call it quits?

Let me guess, we use "bbg" as a password?

So I just got my access to FRC's. What should I do first? I need so many gems of pretty much every type for arcane. My current setup is just a bunch of 13%'s, where should I start?

Sometimes. If someone wants help, they'll post here with the password they're using.

Doesn't the Tonitrus' buff gain an insane damage boost when you have really high Arc?
Is it viable for an Arc build?

cold abyssals

No, not really. It's more meant for anything but arcane.

On an arcane build you can attach even the dumpiest Bolt gem to an all-physical weapon and completely blow Tonitrus out of the water, since you'll have
-a more varied attack set
-higher bolt damage
-higher overall damage since it will scale with arcane
etc

Darn, I heard about that somewhere and got my hopes up.
What are the best weapons for an Arc build anyway? Barring the Parasite since it's obvious.
I know about the fire Saw Spear, but what else?

It gets +70% bolt damage, +40 flat bolt damage, and +0.4 Arcane scaling.

So it effectively has 136 base bolt damage with a 0.9 Arcane scaling when buffed, and +40 flat bolt on top of that.

In other words, it's OK. If you go pure Arcane and gem it for bolt, its bolt AR will be lower than a bolt-gemmed Saw Cleaver, and the physical damage will barely make up for it. Also its damage when unbuffed will be dogshit. And its moveset kinda sucks.

So, like, it's viable, but I can't think of a good reason to use it over other weapons.

Anything serrated with a fire gem is fucking incredible against beasts. Ex: Whirligig Saw kicks ass in transformed mode, and you'll always have the augur on hand for extra damage and staggering.

The Holy Moonlight Blade is pretty intense with the right gems as well, despite it being a hybrid. Especially if you've invested a bit in Str.

Pretty much anything that's not a hybrid works well, especially if they have other buffs like serrated and righteous.

Of course, this is all talking with PvE in mind. I'm not a PvP guy.

Do weapons with Arc-scaling gems stop at 50 or do they keep scaling past it like the Tools?

People saying the Tonitrus is good probably just look at the AR number in their stat screen without understanding how Tonitrus works. You can get like 800+ listed AR on it, but that's basically the game just making shit up. It gets a bonus when you're at full life, except that it doesn't. The damage in your stat screen goes up, but there's no actual change to the damage you're dealing. Also the value in your stat screen doesn't reflect the scaling bonus you get, but the damage you deal does go up from it. Also it's split damage, so even if you did have 800+ total AR, that's not as good as it seems.

Any convertible weapon is good on an Arcane build.

weapons hard cap at 50

Alright so it's only worth going past 50 Arc if I plan on making very heavy use of hunter tools?

They follow the same scaling rate as every other weapon. So 85% of max scaling is reached at 50 in Arcane.

Anything that deals pure physical damage can be bolt or fire gemmed for a heavy hitting arc weapon. So Cleaver, Spear, HAxe, Saif, Cane, Cuttah, even the Whirligig and Memeblade if you can work with the STR requirements. Some (most notably the Cane) are better than others since they have decent Arc scaling at high levels.

No they don't. 50 is a softcap. The hardcap is 99.

I don't think that's true. I'm at like 67 and my trick weapon damage still goes up, but at a much slower rate.

this

If you're doing an arcane build you're going to want to make gratuitous use of said tools.

sorry I meant soft cap, it's the same with going over 50 in any other weapon stat

They have two softcaps, one at 25 and one at 50. Some refer to the second softcap as a hardcap on account of the fact the gain is so minimal it might as well be.

>Some (most notably the Cane) are better than others since they have decent Arc scaling at high levels.

The Arcane scaling is a function of a weapon's Strength and Skill scaling. It's equal to the mean of STR and SKL scaling +10%. So e.g. Saw Cleaver has 0.6 STR and 0.4 SKL scaling. The average of that is 0.5. 10% of 0.5 is 0.05. So Saw Cleaver has 0.55 Arcane scaling. So the Arcane scaling of a given convertible weapon relative to its non-Arcane scaling is the same across all weapons.

In other words, Arcane scalings is the same.

So how's this look?
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/17135
I do wanna use the tools a lot but i'm also a shitter who needs Vit so I dropped Arc to 80 and pumped Vit a bit.

>not just importing the ToH edition from Asia

That's okay, but don't forget that many trick weapons still have skill requirements even if you're gonna make it scale with arcane anyways.

Ex I have an Str of 18 so I can use the Holy Moonlight Blade and Whirligig

This.
I think if I'd go to full 99 on my Dex I'd gain an additional 23 points for my weapon. Which is nothing.

I feel like I wouldn't be getting a lot of mileage out of Whirligig if i'm only running 12 End.

These brainsucker things in upper cathedral ward are slapping my shit. Am i supposed to be doing this little damage to them? I have a +7 right now

BL 98 is only relevant for PvP'ing, and that build is going to suckass in PvP.

they resist regular physical damage
use bolt paper of a thrust attack

It's okay bro you only need to R2 once then everything dies

fuck npcs

Find the nearest pierce/bolt attack and go to town.
Yeah I suppose you're right, and stuff like A Call Beyond is mostly only good for PvE anyway.

Actually, let's say that PvE is my biggest concern right now BUT I still wanna do some PvP on the side. Should I stay at 98 for all of my builds or is there a limit to how high I can go without being an asshole?

or*

The tools that scale well beyond 50 have another softcap at 70 so you could feasibly drop it to 70, mix some points in with SKL and STR for requirements, put the rest in VIT, and still do okay.

That the elder right? Oh god. Is there a good glyph for farming him? Not that I'm sure I'll even be able to with half a life bar

>mfw Henriet casually observes as Amelia gnaws on my face

th-thanks lady

the OP has all the glyphs
get him to phase two with a weapon then spam the eye, his ai is pretty unequipped to handle it

Wait so what the shit is the point of the arcane scaling letter, if they're all the same based off the Str/skill letters?

Tonitrus gimmick build here, can confirm Tonitrus is a lying fuck.

Lots of people on /bbg/ are huge vaginas when it comes to you leveling over 98. The officially, the FC is for people BL 80 to 120, but if you go even 1 BL above 98, you are guaranteed to get shit from it from people in this general.

>summoning Henriett
>ever

It's used in the event that you're not using a gem to convert its damage type. usually just barely

mistakes were made yes

The bolt papers helping a little bit, but these things are such a pain to deal with

Ive lost so much insight to that duo at the top of the ladder its crazy