Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>Great news!
Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rmDLPs-8RLo
youtube.com/watch?v=25OPn3gzFz8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Daily reminder

QUICK

POST THE LAST THING YOU CRAFTED

Brachy CB.

Dalamadur LS. Working on the shah stage of it now

Teostra SnS... worked so much for this

Is there a way to make these little fellas somewhat useful?

Here are the 2 felynes I use the most: I've never seen Pomme manage to paralyze a monster, not even once.

Miel is somewhat okay but I'm not sure about true health flute, he seemed to play the flute more when he had demon flute/armor flute/health flute.

There's no way to make then useful in a damage sense, but your best bets are probably to have a pacifist horn blower like you already do + a thief cat for the chance at extra materials.

That being said there's always the odd chance you get a heroic felyne moment.

What are some good palicuck setups?

Black Fatalis Blade. I'm sick of these large elder dragon gems. I'm going to need I think 8 more of those pieces of shit. Might just put the game down and wait for X. Then I can complain about dinovaldo shinies instead.

Trying to craft Daora SnS in FU
But I ran out of cash

>thought the memeblade was overhyped after playing around with it
>reach 150 hunts and still don't think it's that strong
>learn how to gp most attacks and maximize time in axe mode
>learn when to do aed and saed
>suddenly KOs everywhere
>monsters get memed to death

Holy shit why did they allow such a weapon to exist

mhfg dual blades look really fun
unlike mainline dual blades which are toenail clippers
now spin to win toenail clippers

youtube.com/watch?v=rmDLPs-8RLo

Where are you guys getting this "Fatalis comes out of a portal" thing?

In 4U's White Fatalis intro, there's a solar eclipse followed by a whole bunch of vortex shit surrounding it with Whitey popping out

Dunno what the deal is there but whatever

Check his armour and weapon descriptions it's probably there.

BLACK LEATHER CHAPS

That game has some stiff and janky animations.

I got soap in my heart.

youtube.com/watch?v=25OPn3gzFz8

A new challenger to Black Rathian appears

Armor mentions mystery and its white brilliance. Some of the weapons have rather grim descriptions like sacrifice, others talk about driving the darkness away. Absolute Bowgun litertally just mentions it can rapid fire Pierce S Lv1 and every non-Dragon elemental shot.

Black Fatty armor on the other hand implies some pretty bad things happening to the wearer.

Believe in your dreams, mhg.

BLACK

LEATHER

Of course this is so ridiculous you have to make a webm of it.

yeah MH is ridiculous

has it at least been updated or something? that looks terrible

>GL nerfed to shit in generations

fuck yes, now all they need to do is remove lances, sword & shield, bowguns and male characters then the game will be perfect

Doesn't matter
X is shit anyway

But it's actually a buff if you're not a complete shitter. Are you one, user?

>every single attack is a one shot
Is this the only true MH experience left?

That's just deliberate gimping, not actual difficulty.

>GL made even worse
Is that even possible?

>already shit
>shell damage nerfed

the slight damage buff you get from managing your heat perfectly (ie you stop fucking dpsing which kills the purpose of the dmg buff) is not worth the shell damage nerf

>fuck yes, now all they need to do is remove lances, sword & shield, bowguns and male characters then the game will be perfect
You forgot CB, IG, SA and DB.

I mean honestly due to MH control/playstyle the only way end game can be remotely hard is if the monsters are super aggressive and 1 shot players or they have so much health it's a dps race

until they remove guns,status effects and mounting this is what we are stuck with

imo healing items should be removed as well, the game would be so much better if noobs didn't play

>if the monsters are super aggressive and 1 shot players or they have so much health it's a dps race
Why not both?

the block function is what needs to be removed, it literally exists for babbies

Dark Souls purist detected.

how is it ever a buff to have a motion value nerf until you use a couple still underpowered shells, but not too many or you'll be locked into your nerf for a few minutes.

>if the monsters are super aggressive and 1 shot players
That's what they did in 4U and as a consequence the game only had 3 viable weapons

Bushido alone makes the weapon better than it was in 4U

every weapon is viable in mh4u because of how easy it is

Viable as in speedrunning or elitism?

Viable as in it won't make you want to slit your fucking wrists in 140s.

>shield bushido

you mean when you have to stop attacking and wait for a monster to hit you? that feels like a pretty hefty dps drop unless that counter hits harder than i thought

but EVERY weapon has styles and ones like SnS blow it out of the water

I mean SnS are going to be almost bowgun tier with coatings and styles

Welcome back from the /v/ thread, guys.

this, christ

i actually came straight from reddit

I'll gladly stop thrusting for a second in order to block an obvious attack and counterattack with a massive damage hit that also raises my heat gauge by 40% instantly.
Bushido is pretty much the only thing keeping GL sort of relevant in the endgame.
SnS is overhyped as fuck, stop talking about things you don't understand.
Yes GL is the second worst weapon in MHX, but it's still better than it was in 4U.

The weapon ranking in MHX goes Lance > DB > HBG > GS = SA > LS = Bow > LBG > SnS = IG = CB > Hammer > GL > HH but unlike 4U, HH is the only actually bad weapon, and even then only solo, and the gaps between the best weapons and the worst are both much smaller, and only readily apparent at top level play.

>raises my heat gauge by 40%
that sounds like it'll make it overheat if you actually bushido

does the 2ds have FPS issues?

Sure would be great if we had a pastebin with weapon guides that go over all the bread and butter combo orders, wouldn't it?

I made one of these for a guard sns set as a prank once.

hammers suck dick because every monster flails it's head around like a madman

You could always just not use the full burst all the time, especially since you won't always have an opening to do so, and the Bushido counter already has a 64 motion value on the reloading slash and 80 on the slam.

yeah get the fuck out you lil bitch

What did I miss?

How to spot a shitter: They can't even solo a 140 with less than a CB, and still think 140s are meant to be the solo endgame.

Yeah, don't be too afraid of posting or anything since we're generally alright about giving some advice, but reading the OP is generally a good idea. The pastebins are there for a reason and are very good at explaining things better than any of us would bother to in a single post.

Will I be able to convert my save from MHX to Generations, or am I going to have to start over?

You'll have to start over.

Say about the DB hunter art where you do spins all over, are you invincible during the whole thing?

are you serious

An user Rhy throwing a shitfit because a weapon war started over how broken gen 4 GS is

Couldn't you convert MHP2ndG saves to MHFU? And I think someone figured out how to convert 4G saves to 4U as well

But GS has been broken since MH2.
They've just been nerfing all other weapons except memeblade over the years.

>unlike 4U, HH is the only actually bad weapon
Not even HH was actually bad in 4U, sounds like X is worse.

GL was actually nerfed in MHX, MVs with the heat gauge being similar to the change to sharpness in MHX or the third-gen LS, where you need to do more just to make something as good as it used to be.

MHX GL's theoretical maximum damage output is still higher than 4U GL's.

Marginally if you assume it's in red gauge from the start.

If it's better relative to other weapons than in 4U it's because there's no G rank.

I already accepted that solo HH is only a gen 3 thing but god dammit did they have to make the hammer also shit?

Tama tama!
I wish MHX were appealing.

> solo HH is only a gen 3 thing
Someone didn't git gud during 2nd gen.
No, really. As clunky as songs were in it, the attack up ones were basically broken. Speed running videos with adrenaline and these songs for thousands of attack rating was common as hell.

I didn't use the horn back then. I really prefer the newer HH.
But still nice to know. So it is only gen 4 were they are reduced to being purely a MP weapon?

yeah because of fucking styles that are broken, but because of GL shell nerfs and the fact every other weapon also has styles it's shit

I still don't get why GL would get a nerf in any shape way or form, it was already terrible. It's like something out of blizzard or riot balancing

Now that you can remove limiters and HBG can load wyvernfire in addition to another shot type simultaneously, as well as clusterbombs and crag (making it the most stylish weapon), GL should just be removed to be honest. It has no niche even aesthetically, it's weak and they keep nerfing it and it would be easy to explain ingame by just saying "it fell out of style because it's impractical to maintain" or something.

The easy way to rebalance HH to be good solo and not overpowered multiplayer would be to make songs much stronger when playing solo. Capcon will never do this because they're lame dorks though.

Eh, it depends how you see it.
Like I said, HH reached broken levels in 2nd gen but only in a speed running scenario, else they were the buff bitch.

Im really not much of a fan about how 4th gen just doesn't seem to know what to do with the old weapons, MH2 and Tri/P3rd improved the older weapons so much but most changes from 4U just feel like random gimmicks they came up with.

Hammer is great in certain matchups, it just has too many poor ones to be high tier. It's still far better off than in 4U.

In 4U over half the weapon roster was considered D tier, here there's only one D tier weapon and a few C tiers.

Bowguns don't have limiter removal anymore.

4u just made me pickup a sp weapon because I couldn't deal with the solo HH anymore.

Never had that problem in 3rd gen.

What specifically changed from gen 3 to 4 that made hh worse in solo? I've tried looking up motion values and asking here before, but I never found an answer

other weapons got buffed, it stayed the same

ko mechanic is pretty much unnecessary with mounting

it's damage is rather low for how slow its attacks are

Many monsters are also just really hard to hit in the head with the hammer

I know the feel. It's just not a rewarding experience. How could Capcom get it so wrong?

Part of it's simple as monsters move around a fuck ton in 4th gen. Cross at least restored some turn-a-pound windows to be more classic, but still left HH weak and crumbling.

In 4U the largest portion of the roster was C tier and S and A were both just so vastly overpowered compared to B and C that the difference was more noticeable. And the game was balanced for C. The only D tier weapons were solo HH, GL and SA. And that's talking solo speedruns. In 2-4 player play pretty much everything but LS, SA and GL has some kind of niche to fill (with LS still being strong enough to be solid despite not being a great online weapon inherently) is strong and the top four weapons and especially the top two are still completely broken, and in normal low- to mid-level solo play SA, GL and HH don't even lag behind other weapons that much because their good reach, HH's eclectic hitboxes for getting easy head strikes on pretty much any monster and GL's shield means they have more good matchups than most weapons (again except for GS and IG).

>not just using the big sword and smashing absolutely everything in your path

Its good to hear it is not just me.

I managed to solo as much as I could with the HH but the Master's Test was just a pain.
And then picking up a hammer for the very first time and beating the master's test at the first attempt made me realize just how bad the HH I was using all this time truly was.

Well fuck. Why would they even do that?

MH will just keep getting worse and there will never be a DD2, I can feel it.

>theres one old a balls hunter still with a gunlance
>he's retired now and only uses it to quickly cook you a steak before a hunt if you get famous enough
>mostly a non-official local sheriff type, but more "neighbourhood watch" than royal guard
>he retired because his leg was blown off my a noob fellow gunlancer, forcing him into retirement

>2nd gen hh only solo speed run of buff bitch

not really so much buff bitch, cause playing songs then sucked so much. there were only two songs worth playing. negate stamina to run to the monster. and then purple-purple-red-red to fight

also, all this talk of people complaining horn sucks solo 4th gen, is really overstated. true, it's not a powerhouse, but most of the disparity is a lack of familiarity with the weapon. I solo with hh and I love it. can't speak for x/gen tho cause I haven't played it past HR2

>Well fuck. Why would they even do that?
Because it was a stupid idea to begin with.
"Hey, here, we introduced this cool new mechanic for your HBG"
"Now take it off because if you do we'll give you a big damage boost"

Meanwhile for LBG there was only like one gun that ever used it
They ended up integrating the effects of limiter removal into hunter arts instead
Bowguns are still just as good as before and LBG is the best it has ever been, BUT they also kneecapped HBG's hame potential by reducing its crouch fire clip to 12 from 20
It's actually better in solo play than it was before though

When did you realize you were actually trash at this game? And how?

>They ended up integrating the effects of limiter removal into hunter arts instead
fuck off with this shit, hunter arts are literal fucking cancer
and limiter removal was a GOOD THING, being able to exchange pointless gimmicks for more raw power is a
GOOD
THING

>"Hey, here, we introduced this cool new mechanic for your HBG"
>"Now take it off because if you do we'll give you a big damage boost"
It's offering an option between a gun that is ideal for multiplayer and one that is ideal for solo.

>Meanwhile for LBG there was only like one gun that ever used it
Any gun with multiple statuses could make good use of it, and again removing the limiter is an advantage offline because it removes the HUGE attack commitment of rapidfire.

>They ended up integrating the effects of limiter removal into hunter arts instead
Including HBG's ability to load WF in addition to another shot type?

I always felt like the reason why we never seem to get new Ranged weapons anymore is because both Bowguns are so bloated with uses and Bow fulfils what else you could possibly do with MH ranged weaponry without making it a bowgun variant, so they don't bother with anything else.
>Why would anyone go Gunner and not pick the gun that can cut tails, create explosions, use all elements, do pierce damage, exhaust, hit multiple parts at once, buff allies etc etc...?

They could always bring back MBGs with its gimmick being Limiters, maybe

>It's offering an option between a gun that is ideal for multiplayer and one that is ideal for solo.
That's not a fucking choice