/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General:

>WAIFU JAM IN PROGRESS!
itch.io/jam/wj2016

>New /agdg/ Website (STILL IN BETA! REPORT BUGS, COMPLAINTS, SUGGESTIONS)
tools.aggydaggy.com/#

Helpful Links: alloyed.github.io/agdg-links/
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/

> Chats
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

> Next Demo Day (Nine)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-9

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/Qi63yBxd

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/QwcSPdnx

> Engines
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
Unity: unity2d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

> Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Reminder:
Report shitposters, do not respond to shitposters

Respond to progress, post progress

Can I just say something?

Sourcefam really is the worst person I've ever seen on the internet. He's not a bad person in the same way people on other boards are, like posting mutilated animals or anything. He's just rotten to the core, negative, and a bad person. He's a failure and he can't stop telling us about it all the time, and if it's wrong for us to point this out, then just ban us I guess?

It would honestly be a favor. Because lately it seems this place is an illusion where supposedly it's for gamedev but 80% of the posts belong to the same raving lunatic. It is hard to keep pouring positive energy into a place that is haunted by this person.

Anyway, that's my only input on the matter.

Fuck you, reek. You're shit and you know it. I hope something comes to you that removes you from the internet for good. I really do. You're so overdue for it.

Does /agdg/ accept web browser game talk?

->

Of course. It's a pretty smart platform in a sense, since browsers are fairly universal, and this WebGL stuff looks promising.

agdg accepts nothing
feel free to post it

Oh and to be clear, what makes him definitively the worse person I've ever seen on the internet is how he has dedicated months and months (from what I've seen) to being a horrible person in one particular board.

I know he's been caught shitposting in other boards when he started wearing the birdmath trip but it goes beyond that. He has decided that AGDG is his victim and that he'll never let it go.

Someone like this can only be "helped" by having something tragic happen to them in real life, and I don't wish bad things on other people usually but Sourcefam, honestly dude. Your time is coming and you're going to regret how many hours and nights, months and years you've spent torturing this community.

I wish you nothing but the worst in life, because it's truly all you deserve. Good riddance to you and your entire genetic lineage. You are scum that when removed from the human race, will leave a vaccuum for far more worthy people to fill. Goodbye.

Devs. Disregard this until it's deleted or we're banned, do whatever. Best of luck to you.

just post it

people in here will shit on anything whether it's art or programming related

artfags will scream loomis/vilppu at you without fail
codefags will tell you to use C++ or some shit

No. Webdev is not gamedev, rotate. Haven't we already told you this?

What is it like to be someone who just sits and talks about things all day to people who actually do something with themselves, but has never done anything himself? How do you even muster the willpower to keep taking breaths?

Me too. I'll be here tomorrow too, and the day after that. And after that, until our friends pick him up for that ride we ordered for him. We are gonna be real close friends me and sourcefam shitposter. Real close. I'm going to change my writing style and dodge half his bait though, keep him on his toes like the good ole days.

don't worry, i'm killing myself soon

Playing around with my "secret passage" mechanic. This specific room should introduce that concept, along with a few others.
Placeholder tileset is "Monster Boy in Wonder Land" from opengameart.

Drew some tiles

I always do that anyway. You have to let him think he has ground to stand on before pushing him back into the toilet where he belongs though, so let's hang back for a bit. Let the tension in his tiny brain do some of the work for us.

Please tell me you know how cringey this is, that it's part of your "memeing". Here's a (You) to keep up your dopamine, my really good friend

Oh there you are! I was worried you were getting smarter and realizing that you can't erase history! Close call there. You're still the same shit breath who thinks he got away with something. I'll be over here if you need me. :)

I guess it's time to go back to ignoring you. Just remember you're not fooling anyone here. You're not a gamedev, you're not an artist you're not a level designer, you can't drive. You're a fake in every way and you're not even good at shitposting which is the only thing you really do here. Just seems like a sad life not even worth living. You're a nobody and will always be a nobody. Always. :)

anyone who shits on browser games is retarded. there's just too much tools in them: code and graphics debuggers, performance and memory profilers, networking literally comes for free

Looks pretty nice actually. What's going on with the heart? Like a shine when noticed, but it also does it as the wall comes back. And the second time the shine happens too quick.

But for what it is, I think it looks pretty good actually. Those are pleasant mushrooms.

They really do bully every yesdev out it's every single project that triggers someone in their special no-no spot and causes them to fixate. Like with Arikado he was making a pixelart vania game and that simply cannot stand because Prince Wonderful was making the same thing and making much slower progress. So he along with the other resident mentally ill person fed off eachother's hatred for Arikado and found a way to troll him out.

That's neat.
And a good way of introducing the concept to players.

Would you guys play a rhythm based adventure game?

Good colors. What kind of thing are you working on?

Oh man, I think I really would. Depends how it was done but could be really interesting.

Remember: practice

>gossip shit
Literally all I can manage to read from your post.

Am I banned?

Music is not game dev.

just report him, he'll get banned again

Look at Crypt of the Necrodancer's success. I'd say its definitely a viable concept.

You will be soon, literally insane shitposter. If the feds don't get you first. :)

that would good because of the music, gameplay was so-so

Looks like it was a tactic. He's just going to reaction post now and keep trying to push his own version of things. Time to step back and let those tiny gears in that tiny brain burn out. Boom boom crash.

That's a bit of a silly question.
>Would you guys play a rhythm based dungeon-crawler with some roguelike elements?
>Would you guys play a shitty buggy Goat version of Tony Hawk?
>Would you guys play a horse-racing/breeding game but you have to play solitaire at the same time?
>Would you guys play a Rock Band style game only instead of rock instruments it's a didgeridoo, clap sticks and a stomp box at the same time?
People will play and pay for any concept if it's executed in an interesting way. The question you should be asking is "do I believe enough in this idea to put in a lot of hard work making it, despite how difficult it may get"?

Unless you're mainly in it for pure profit in which case you might need a better market sample than /agdg/. I mean, I'd play it if it had a great soundtrack

[Deleted] when?

This reads like a 4th grader trying to get out of trouble for stealing a cookie. I hope you can do better than this when its counts. Its pretty clear you're a shit wreck right now or you would have dropped it. Either that or you're another psychotic who spends all day calling others insane.

His smile: gone.
His optimism: gone.
His source engine shitposts: gone.
His 8yr old tier game design 'advice': gone.
He sure changed once that particular topic came up didn't he?

Best procgen genres?

Thanks!
I think locking players into (safe) situations where they must learn a mechanic to escape is a pretty cool way to teach it.
Hearts just glow white to draw attention to them, since they're HP upgrades.

Have some spider stomping shenanigans. The boot is what lets the player double jump.
(The other abilities aren't that boring, I swear!)

>Can't figure out how to word a very basic thing and don't know how to word what I'm doing to search through the resources effectively.
I wish I could not be dumb for once but I swear I'll get this shit worded correctly if it kills me.

Life in prison because someone's video game made you insecure. That's what you will amount to. Nothing left for you to do but shitpost, pretend to joke and count the hours until you hear the door crack.

Unless your game mechanics are absolutely revolutionary, good art is what actually makes your game noticed

Or you can just make a good game

Good art DIRECTION, you mean. Good direction in general, actually.

Are these just test room sizes or are you going with single screen segmented levels similar to Oddworld?

what if I have mediocre mechanics but store bought assets?

? Is this a tactic ? Just going to start acting like you showed up when people are replying to posts you already made?

You are evil and I am glad you fucked yourself. Get banned and get vanned.

this is the post that gets deleted, fucking mods?

Does a janitor shit our general? This could be such a great community without this daily barrage.

Direction is not game dev.

Life in prison. He wanted to bully and now he's going to bully college.

Lock-on feature almost completed

That's fucking right. This "barrage" of yesdev makes you mad, doesn't it, ricola? :) Keep crying about your dishwashing job or GMod or whatever's got you literally insane this week. :)

Im glad theres finally a game where I can dual wield a lead pipe and uncut heroin.

Interesting take on King's Field.

>Figured the problem myself out five minutes after frustration posting.
Thanks /AGDG/, using you to vent always clears my head enough to get my brain working again.
I'm not even being sarccastic or ironic either.

It's like in Bloodborne, right hand for weapons, left hand for items, sub-weapons and tools.

Though why have lock-on? It doesn't really serve a purpose in a first-person view.

He won't sleep until he can barely keep his eyes open and he's lurked the thread for hours accusing everyone of being his imaginary enemy. And then right when he is finally falling asleep... Boom crack get the fuck on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur ;) except no winking or dinosaur. Maybe we will here, once it's been done.

Thanks
>What kind of thing are you working on?
The plan is for it to be a very simple tactical game with typed text input.

Silent Hill/Dark Souls/FPS crossover?

It's pretty hard to dodge without lock-on, you always lose sight of the enemy, so you can lock on it and dodge around, attacking and evading its attacks

It's already begun. I'm nice and comfy in bed being a not-felon and gonna watch some comedies before I sleep like a baby myself. Life is good. For some of us.

It's okay to be lonely, but we're not your friends and you are just wasting time here. It will catch up to you eventually, can you imagine doing this 5 years from now? I don't say it to be mean, but I think you'll end up regretting all the efforts you went to for nothing.

I agree. Life is good when you aren't an evil person who threatens strangers lives and the safety of the United States because someone made a video game that triggered your insecurities. Ooo big yawn there. Gonna sleep well myself. Sweet dreams devs.
Sweet dreams to you too, stupid mother fucker who got in over his head.

King's Field handles this by not having extra dodge abilities besides movement. Of course, all the enemies are designed around the fact that you can't simply phase through attacks with i-frames.

but I've done it too long, if I stop now I'll feel really bad

Why are you so fucking scared bro? You've been at this for hours and stopped posting anything except desperate pleas for trolling or trying to turn public opinion about this. Something must actually be up.

>Unless your game mechanics are absolutely revolutionary (and can be visually demonstrated)

i wonder how much of his harddrive is dedicated to different variations of the same hammer viewport picture

makes me laugh thinking about the 2tb harddrive he had to buy to fit the all in

>GoT role-playing on an anonymous imageboard about game development

Apparently Game AI Pro Vol 1 is now free(tm)
gameaipro.com

Looks like it's time to stop replying again.
Remember, great people talk about ideas. Small people talk about other people. If you're more concerned with what someone else is doing with their game than you are with yourself, there's a good chance you aren't someone whose opinion is worth worrying about.

glug glug

enjoy that drink of yours "senpai", it'll be all the easier for the fed to take you in for what you did :)

just imagining him scrambling trying to find a new picture after he's posted it 8 times in the thread already like a proper lunatic

Okay I need something where I can make an application that;
>Reads a string
>Can make find and replace in said string
>Can read an external .txt file with words and see if the string contains said word

So if Dictionairy.txt contains "Apple","Pear","Banana"
and my string is "Apple is mad"

I want to be able to make a program that
>Reads string
>Look in external dictionairy.txt to see if it is there
>It is, replace "Apple" with "!!noun"

Was this a decent explanation?

GML kiddie who want to take off his training wheels

Damn.

>mixing your bullshit replies to yesdevs with your typical "wah ignore the tripfags" hysteria
there is one tripfag in all of agdg right now and his name is mothdan and you're fucking obsessed man
you're literally stabbing agdg in the neck over a single person you can't seem to get over
you are not figuratively obsessed
you are literally obsessed
please
leave

dont forget the OOP hater guy

*guys
there's AT LEAST 2

Oh this looks pretty cool. I was just looking for some stuff to read on this

You probably think of me as one, but I don't hate OOP. I just want it to be used responsibly.

>Obviously; it's Danny and Kebab.
Yeah you would say that.
The two sources of cancer on agdg are rotatedev and sourcefam and they have been for months.
Literally months. They are here everyday all day. And the proof has been dragged out for everyone to see time and time again.
The one thing they have in common is that they got called out by mothdan when other devs were trying to play nice with them and now look at them. They cannot stop talking about him.
Mods need to either explain what's going on, admit that this place is owned by sourcefam and rotate or they need to give us a sign to move on right now. I'm waiting and I'm sure others are interested in getting to the bottom of this too. We can't do another demoday like this. 16 is enough.

>The tiny anubis

Fuck off and die sourcefam/rotate. You never meant anything to agdg and you never will.

Looking at the deleted/not-deleted posts, I really wouldn't be surprised if a janitor was a shitposter. It would explain how bans don't last long and shitposts take so long to get resolved.

I'm fine with the OOP shitposting stuff, I tend to learn stuff from those spouts. But I bet there's at least a couple of the le pupet master :^) shitposters, I think it's a bonding experience for them. Maybe agdg hurt them and they pinky-swore to be BFF and literally destroy agdg's mind or something

What's your opinion on Godot?

where are all the vulkan posters now?

Also Yume Nikki
This too
To be honest, battle system in King's Field/Shadow Tower games are pretty bland (Shadow Tower Abyss a lot better, though), so I'm trying to implement dash/evade into the battle system. When you attack, you can't control your character or camera, just like in souls games, so you can't just move around the enemy and hit it.

What's a good ambient sound for a spooky forest?

death grips

>gossip shit
nobody is interested in a "narrative" of the shitposters, except those who desperately need acknowledgement themselves

>Reminder:
>Report shitposters, do not respond to shitposters

>Respond to progress, post progress

distorted frog croaking

Browser games are nice because you can stick more ads than on mobile

>webgl
>not emscripten w/ gles

ITS FUCKING IRONICAT

Oh, okay.

i wouldn't call emscripten webdev, it's just a thing you can do with compiled code

They have been destroyed, like they should be. It's hard to shitpost about anime when you're busy getting an armored knee to the head. :)

Source shitposters are next. >:)