/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #361

"Arcadia Bae" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10079131
strawpoll.me/10079598
strawpoll.me/10107783
strawpoll.me/10118444
strawpoll.me/10162336
strawpoll.me/10170610
strawpoll.me/10209355
strawpoll.me/10288544
strawpoll.me/10296122

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048865860
kat.cr/various-artists-life-is-strange-ost-2015-t11495485.html
mega.nz/#F!LtpkTbhD!hjUsXMHSdmQTvzYFz3H7_w
play.spotify.com/user/pieisablessing2me/playlist/0hlcayMf9otvePDw2MZ6qk
mega.nz/#!GxISxYjC!__ao7xDyUPLOXwxHJxmtK_-cN2n4gDXNCgAaY7tDPRQ
twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/732614187449454593
xmail.square-enix.com/fe/view/nofilef4rupo/ae3e91ee0bf07a8241cd2bc6663c9d1d/522/en/email.html/eyJ1c2VyIjp7ImxhbmciOiJlbiIsImNvdW50cnkiOiJVUyIsImxvY2FsZSI6ImVuX1VTIiwiZXh0cmEiOiJwUzRRMFI1SDdpM0xNdEtnNENaRWVneWkzdXJ3U2Z3VnJHcTZTWjNuTGpHOHR2azZLOTgycjNoSkhMbDAyeHVNIn19
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

back where she belongs

Tradition is unimportant. Kate's family is not part of the KKK!

the little sister looks a lot like young chloe...

So, think we'll hear any news when E3 rolls around?

Then why is she friends with Nathan?

Before Episode 5's release:

>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:

>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!) (thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's Chloe just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Eventually I will put together a flowchart of similar music, like the /mu/ ones. Got a few ideas working, but to busy to do anything with them.

If you want to contribute, please contact me on steam, or reply to this post.
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048865860

Thanks to photoshopgril for putting together the background image and the second chart,
polaroidgril for assembling the album covers/artist names/etc. onto the background image,
Dr. Zaius for helping in general.

I have a torrent of all the games music, Morali's OST, the Vortex Club party, all the licensed songs (most in lossless format), and all the albums they were taken from.

Magnet link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4AF55CE2E1F48771E92E4CCE8E92156EC6A96152&dn=various+artists+life+is+strange+ost+2015&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

I will be seeding this for the foreseeable future, so even if it says no seeds, leave it up long enough, and I'll come online. PC can't be on 24/7, you know?

kat.cr/various-artists-life-is-strange-ost-2015-t11495485.html

Alternative download on MEGA, if you get it from here, please add the files to your torrent folder to facilitate easier downloads for others.

mega.nz/#F!LtpkTbhD!hjUsXMHSdmQTvzYFz3H7_w

Spotify playlist of the licensed music here:
play.spotify.com/user/pieisablessing2me/playlist/0hlcayMf9otvePDw2MZ6qk
It's better than the official one. Really.

FLAC rip of official OST from the limited edition, courtesy of polaroidgril.

mega.nz/#!GxISxYjC!__ao7xDyUPLOXwxHJxmtK_-cN2n4gDXNCgAaY7tDPRQ

Maybe after Nathan gets the help he needs he can profusely apologize to Kate and they can be friends

There will definitely be lots of new info about Vampyr, but LiS2 is probably too early for any news. Maybe an announcement of S2 being in development, maybe at most even a logo or one piece of concept art, but nothing more.

If we're light on S2 news, are we going to embrace Vampyr and become a dontnod general?

>dontnod general
Would there be many people interested in it?

can anyone post the full info on this???

I'm in Chicago and want to go.

Not currently. Maybe if Vampyr starts generating discussion and appearing on other boards (Like LiS originally did) we can put it to a vote. But even then I'm sure the majority of posts would be about LiS instead of Remember Me or Vampyr.

Sin!

>are we going to embrace Vampyr

wut

>Dontnod/Vampyr general

Wow sounds so exciting.
Everybody will love it

>we're going to embrace vampyr

vampyr will be the flop of the century though. it'll be shit

If you go please save S2 from Mari, user. We believe in you!

>making a thread for Dontnod and for their twilight simulator 2017

Just stay here anons it's isn't really worth it.

user, do me a favor and cunt punch mari into a coma

it's the only way

I checked the twitter to see if there was any info. Nope, but I did find this incredibly tasteful joke.

It would be DOTNOD General, so maybe /dndg/.
It's all speculation. I think, and hope, /lisg/ stays as is for a long time.

What the fuck. I went through some more and it gets even worse
>The Storm: Swiggity sway I'm commin' for the Bay/ Bae
>The butterfly: Storm summoner (THIS PROVES IT'S NOT MAX'S FAULT. IT WAS THAT WINGED FUCKER)
>Jeffershi- (okay, lol)
And Chloe's has a caption saying: "Be honest, how many tries did it take to land on Chloe"
twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/732614187449454593

>The butterfly: Storm summoner (THIS PROVES IT'S NOT MAX'S FAULT. IT WAS THAT WINGED FUCKER)

>Storm's still coming in Bay end confirmed

we all knew it. that little shit was harbinger of disaster

this is getting out of hand

Well the storm already happened so it can't get much worse. Maybe in the sequel we
ll get a chance to crush a blue butterfly and prevent it from causing any more trouble.

>hide & seek champ. 2013
>tfw french cucks are making fun of the girl who's got killed by a disney villain and his mentally ill apprentice and her corpse got rotten in junkyard. like these weren't enough french cucks fucked her story

Rachel's Revenge when?

>so it can't get much worse

rachel's revenge was the storm

DONTOND FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVCK

Ok, I'm ok again. Please don't post their tasteless twitter shit here anymore. It's not that it isn't somewhat funny at times, or that I would be "offended" by jokes about the characters even though I like them so much. It's just so unbelievable to me that the creators would make these kinds of jokes, and do so not only publically, but as part of a PR campaign. I will so not pay for Season 2. Paying would mean my money directly provide the food that one of them eats, that gives them the biochemical energy to think thoughts and operate their bodies to puke them onto twitter. I am not enabling that.

Ridiculousness aside, I really hope some of you guys here are Chicagoans and tell them how badly they fucked up with Episode 5. Especiallly how they lost their character-focus and with that the primary appeal of their game. Praise them for their characters - rip them apart for ripping their characters apart. They wouldn't be asking for feedback in such a setting if they weren't looking for criticism.

Dontnod's bankruptcy, and Michel have to imagine food, will be Rachel's revenge

palm urself toby

That's why I was trying to find info about the event, but I've had no luck. Even though I'm not in Chicago it would be good to get someone there who could (politely) voice the consensus of /lisg/ that Episode 5 was a disaster and ignored what made the rest of the game great.

>trying to talk *politely* while looking at Michel's and french hacks' faces

man that's impossible

I'm trying to look for it too with no luck.

>Come across a post about "Lesbian game trinity"
>Life is strange, Overwatch and Love is Strange
>Wtf is 'Love is Strange'?
>Look it up. VN set in sort of alternate Life is Strange universe?
>Download it, give it a go.
>Never read a VN before so I just sort of click shit and go with it.
>End up on Kate story
>Perfect girl, perfect town, perfect emotions, perfect lives
>Realise I'm wasting my youth
>Existential Crisis, will never live such a good life

Visual Novels. Not even once, never again.

Chicagobros here's the full email

xmail.square-enix.com/fe/view/nofilef4rupo/ae3e91ee0bf07a8241cd2bc6663c9d1d/522/en/email.html/eyJ1c2VyIjp7ImxhbmciOiJlbiIsImNvdW50cnkiOiJVUyIsImxvY2FsZSI6ImVuX1VTIiwiZXh0cmEiOiJwUzRRMFI1SDdpM0xNdEtnNENaRWVneWkzdXJ3U2Z3VnJHcTZTWjNuTGpHOHR2azZLOTgycjNoSkhMbDAyeHVNIn19

Do us proud (and please be constructive and don't throw an autistic hissy fit)

Good work, user.
And best of luck to those that end up going.

>Lesbian game
>Overwatch

Sucks that the LiSVN made you feel that way.

>Places are limited so we can't take anyone.
>inb4 plebbit only

See?

Yeah.
Never play VNs, man.
Never.

I hope one of you guys make it in. ;; You know they saved a special seat for Mari.

Fuck that. I can't do it. I can't talk with them nicely.

Make /lisg/ proud Chicago anons!

I learned the hard way, yeah.

It's not so much that the Visual Novel itself made me feel that way, more the way I process escapism. When I was younger I used to love daydreaming and imagining myself in tons of cool situations. Nowadays if I imagine something I just immediately tell myself how it will never happen and that real life is harsh. Depressing man, growing up sucks.

This is beautiful.

>couldn't capture warryn's real expression

fix'd

Hey man, at least you didn't actually find that daydream a reality and then had to give it all up again or else let a tornado ravage your hometown!

Sucks that you grew to process escapism like that, then. I still am grateful for just the experience of imaginative escapism itself. Although I don't do it through Visual Novels neither. Actual novels instead.

Do you at least enjoy the escape experience itself and only afterwards the depressing realization kicks in, or is it just not enjoyable to begin with anymore?

>no Alice

>daydream a reality and then had to give it all up again
What fool did this?

When I'm in it I get really involved and I can enjoy escapism when it comes to games and normal novels. But I don't know, I think the visual novel having some form of combination between the two was different. With games they don't deal with emotions or real life issues in a way that affects me. Novels have the detachment of no real visual aid, that and I haven't read any novels that depict perfect environments. Everyone in this VN was just so happy, and life was perfect. Fucked with me because I can't have that and let myself become involved in it.

Why does Jefferson look more upset?

Because he knows that she's going to the Dark Room soon

Because he was tired of her trying to ride his dick.
I don't even know why he captured her in the end. He goes on about how he only takes the pure and innocent into the Dark Room but then he took Rachel and Victoria. Shit makes no sense.

Sixty posts in and no Pricefield. Fixing that.

Here's the info for the Chicago thing. All the link does is start an email

Makes sense.

Obviously I don't want to suggest to play more of it, but the other routes are decidedly more problematic, i. e. less perfect. I haven't played the Kate route, which I imagine is pretty sweet. But Chloe, Rachel and Victoria all have more grim themes. Then again, they all also still very much are positive in tone and definitely something you could be upset about not having in your own life.

It's likely that Nathan did Rachel. Jefferson for all we know just found her attractive and was fucking her and she in love with and posing for him. According to him, Nathan tried to replicate his "art" on Rachel, killed her in the process and then Jefferson "cleaned up" after him - taking those shots of them in the process, maybe even keeping Rachel's dying a secret from Nathan.

As for Victoria. Yeah, doesn't make much sense in terms of his vision. He talks about loss of youth and people that carry their hopes and dreams for everyone to see. Victoria is not a monster and does have something corruptible at her core, but that doesn't really show, and everyone really at his core is human and breakable. Then he could just take in anyone and his vision is just thin blabla. Makes just as little sense as him only going for girls. In the end he was just a perv, I guess, and his "vision" rant just self-important denial of the fact that he is just a washed-up clown whose "art" nobody cares about anymore.

Max on a box. Cute.

I don't take Jefferson's word regarding what happened to Rachel as much.
As far as things between Rachel and Jefferson go, they probably slept together but that seems Rachel using what she has to get what she wants. Which in this case is Jefferson's attention so that he could help her become a model and get the money to leave Arcadia Bay (With or without Chloe depending on hos genuine you think she was).
Where Jefferson decided to kill Rachel was if she threatened to reveal the Dark Room and/or if she started becoming too close to Nathan and possibly threatened Jefferson's control over him or caused Jefferson to become jealous. It would be Jefferson manipulating Nathan to an extreme extent and making him kill one of his friends, and then making him believe it was an accident. Even though Jefferson says it was all Nathan's fault, there's photos of Nathan where he's either posing (And would be unable to take the pictures) or he's been drugged as well so that when he comes to Jefferson can tell him whatever version of events he wants.

>Max on a box. Cute.
Max has to stand on a chair to get things out of the cupboard!

Thank you! registered.

Nice visuals. Nice music (though I hate the genre). Nice voice acting.

One of the worst pieces of writing for an interactive drama ever. Terrible story. Terrible dialogue. Terrible plot threads. Terrible characters.

I can accept the idea that people can withstand all that terrible shit above because the really love the nice stuff mentioned in the 1st paragraph...

But it saddens me that some people are so retarded that they genuinely love the terrible stuff.

It's a foot stool, there's a difference!
She hasn't needed an actual chair since she and Chloe were kids trying to get snacks off the top of the fridge.

There's annoyingly little information about the circumstances of Rachel's death (especially considering how central it was to the entire plot up until then, and story overall), but we have no reason to believe Jefferson would lie about the stuff he says. He says Rachel was in love with him and Rachel's letter - which admittedly fits Frank or even Nathan way better than Jefferson - as well as Chloe's "she said she met someone that changed her life" indicate the same. When Max asked whether Rachel posed for him, he answers that what they had was special and that her death was a tragedy. That "L.A. would have killed her" anyways. Meaning he had no intention to prevent her from leaving, and was genuinely upset about her death.

Plus the photos show her in a lucid, scared and furious state. The exact opposite of what Jefferson is trying to accomplish.

Like I said, it seems obvious Nathan really did try to replicate Jefferson on Rachel, accidentally killed her because he isn't familiar with the dosages, and then Jefferson cleaned up after him, taking the shots of them both in the process (the shots of Nathan and her show up in Jefferson's part of the nightmare maze), possibly having drugged Nathan as well (Nathan's eyes are opened in one and closed in the other version) in order to confuse him about what happened. Nathan could have been inclined to hand himself over after that after all, and by making him believe that Rachel didn't die he could have prevented that; Nathan's "Rachel in the Dark Room" craziness then stemming from his uncertainty as to her whereabouts and his mistrust of what Jefferson is telling him. Although the latter part is obviously going considerably beyond canon.

Great atmosphere building, endearing dialogue, brilliantly authentic characters for all we did get of them. Opinions, obviously.

Chloe can always lift her up!

Disagree on 'terrible characters' (besides Warren and the pantomime villain Jefferson morphed into), but agree with everything else. The dialogue had an odd charm once you got used to it, but then I'm not American. The awful plot writing destroyed everything.

70 posts in and no Marshfield. There goes that

What the actual fuck, Dontnod. I'm pretty sure that was originally a fucking Anne Frank joke. Congratulations on aping the mockery of a dead 12 year old who was hunted down by Nazis to make light of an innocent 18 year old who was killed by a shithead and then once more by the narrative. Real classy.
They really have zero social awareness, don't they? Weird coming from people who created such nice atmosphere. This just feels like desperate pandering attempts.

STOP RUINING MEMES DONTNOD

Isn't this the day of E3?

We should counterattack and do our own PR consultation with chicagofriends on what they should say to have the biggest chance of sinking in

do we actually have pictures of Mary?

So yell at them, someone else can be the polite one. We'll come at them from every angle!

>Weird coming from people who created such nice atmosphere.
Well, this is from our beloved community manager Toby, who had no hand in creating the game.

That's so fucking cute

Why do we get so stupid community managers! What qualifies them? Did anybody here watch the podcast with this Toby guy? Did he even play the game?

It's like none of the people behind the scenes are truly passionate about the game or its characters. Having the story be overly tragic and plublic-relation professionalism is one thing, making these jokes and being so detached from what it is people love about your game another. As a community manager I would be encouraging in-depth discussion like we have had here all the time, and cutepost hard on my twitter. Why are they so boring!

>What qualifies them?
He apparently has a masters degree in History, and has been working for SE for a couple of years.
It's not like the SE staff are fans of the game. It's a job, they play the shit they're assigned to so they have a basic understanding of it, and then have a set rulebook of social media things to post to 'engage' with fans.

To qualify it's basically 'can you type fluent english?', 'do you have average graphic design skills?', 'can you use twitter/facebook etc competently?', 'can you pretend to be enthusiastic about something you don't really like that much?', 'can you go to parties and introduce yourself and the product to people without spilling your spaghetti?'

I have no illusions about the reality of the work that even storytelling in any form at the end of the day is. But the goddamn community manager could at least be a little enthusiastic and inspired and not make tasteless jokes.

Whatever, I've got /lisg/.

>and then have a set rulebook of social media things to post to 'engage' with fans
That's the part they're completely fucking up

>Wake up and check lisg
>Find that Mari and plebbit fans from Chicago could influence S2
This isn't looking like such a great morning.

It suck.

Reminder that Mari is already in direct contact with the devs and has been for a long time. The Chicago factor makes no difference.

Car poop user, you know what to do.

Chloe doesn't look very fertile to me.

Do you guys think she would be able to lay eggs at an acceptable rate?

Don't start that again.

It's an honest question.

She's cute but I don't want to waste my time with her if she can't make babies.

>and please be constructive and don't throw an autistic hissy fit
Yes, don't fuck this up, guys.

What could Mari even do to Season 2?

Michel is a mean person!

Michel was just trying to teach you a lesson about growing up. :)

>Mari allowed to influence season 2 development
>Season two protagonist walks up to bathroom sink, starts reaching for a toothbrush.
>"N-no!"
>turns around and runs away crying

The lesson is, if you are in a position to save someone's life, you shouldn't. Doing so stunts your growth as a person.

So then why did Nathan try to replicate Jefferson's work once again with Chloe?
Jefferson was at least around when Rachel died unless Nathan was able to almost perfectly replicate his shots and use a timer to get himself in some (The ones of him and Rachel in the junkyard).
If he already fucked up and killed Rachel, why did he think it was a good idea to try the same to Chloe? Granted since this is all opinion and speculation it's partially just me wanting to believe that Nathan wasn't that crazy. Plus at some point he must have revolted against Jefferson or outlived any usefulness since Jefferson decided to kill him before he was caught and blabbed. My guess for that is that Nathan discovered Jefferson was after Victoria and tried to prevent it.
So little explained for such a large plot point.

Michel is an ass!