>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!NZ0VQR4I!FWNNXufJF4oSH85uRxWWoDm42JhvP44jr-9CCRgYT2w
github.com/Plailect/guide/wiki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get the buffs.
Kill Clotho first so they can't heal.
Counter Lachesis's buffs with Dekaja.
When Atropos is the only one left, debuff her.

About 70%, I think.

I play them on original hardware except for NINE and the PSX/PS2 games which I'll run on a modded XBOX and my laptop in an emulator respectively.

Is Nocturne the Final Fantasy 7 of megaten?

I thought that was Persona 3.

FF6

No, it's Majora's Mask.

What does this mean?

No. It's the Demon's Souls of Persona.

Also my PSP is a DebiSama and PS1 SMT machine right now.

>FINAL will be the Dark Souls II of Persona
What does it all mean?

Thanks, do you know if there's a demon that I can get with dekaja close to the Obelisk ?

Does that make SMT I and II the King's field of Persona? whoa...

Which level are you? Ose has Dekaja but he's level 45, don't know if you'll be able to fuse him yet, also remember to download the fusion planner from the tips and tricks pastebin!

SMT x Snowboard Kids when?

Level 47, thanks, I will try to get an Ose then

According to heretic mansion and some faq you can find Phantom and Berith in the Obelisk and they both have Dekaja.

If Nocturne is Majora's Mask, what is SJ?

Half finished ugly ball of "features" that misses the point of the original completely.
Please no.

Sounds a lot like Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers desu senpai.

The man who accidentally created this meme was a true prophet then.

According to the prophet the next SMT should be the best in the entire series. Let's see if he was right after all.

I still can't believe that I wasted my time with Soul Hackers

Soul Hackers isn't good?

I was about to play it.

Also, told /pg/ a while back but they turned a cold shoulder.

Found a debug ISO for EP on a Russian site, it was the only download that still existed and I've uploaded it to MEGA if you guys are interested.

It has a decent story and if you've played later games you'll notice a lot of references to Soul Hackers.
Like the whole P4 dungeon concept was lifted from SH.
It's worth playing if you are a fan of the series.
The gameplay in it is nothing great, it has a shitton of features though and some people like playing easy games with a billion useless things.

An ISO of EP for Playstation? I thought it wasn't rare.
I'm sure the user who edits the downloads pastebin is bound to show up sometime.

And SH is good, it's just one or two guys who lately have been vocal against the game.

I'm interested! Can you give us the link? Thanks

>An ISO of EP for Playstation? I thought it wasn't rare.

Not quite. It's the base game for PSX all in English, but it includes all of the debug/developer menus.

You can do things like go into the sound test, where I found a unique mix of Eikichi's theme that was meant to be used in Sumaru Prison (Later used in Tatsuya scenario in 2012)

Go to any dungeon, rewatch any FMV or any in game scene, assort your party however, with whatever stats, put any demon/Persona in stock, go into a map/sprite viewer where you can spawn sprites and play the different animations.

In doing this, I found that Tatsuya was very like to wear his IS outfit throughout the whole game, as he still has all of EP Tatsuya's animations, not to mention his IS battle animations redone in EPs sprite style.

What I'm getting at here is there's a lot to mess with. Pic related.

mega.nz/#!NZ0VQR4I!FWNNXufJF4oSH85uRxWWoDm42JhvP44jr-9CCRgYT2w

Some things to know
Debug menu at any point: Start+Select
Debug stuff in dungeon: Select
Debug stuff in battle: Select
Rank up Persona in Status menu (Battle): R1

Oh yeah, you can also successfully import a Tsumi save file. It doesn't change Tatsuya's name, as I think that has to do with the English script but I think it will give the Tsumi stats if it's a 100% save.

Whichever the most hipster Zelda game is.

Majora's Mask.

Nice! Thanks.

Hyrule Warriors

Oh shit, thanks

Just to show off other silly shit you can do

Have fun dicking around anons

Zelda 2.

Can it translate If though?

Keep dreaming

What SNES emulator would you recommend for SMT 1 /smtg/?

Sex9x

higan

Minotaur in final?

bsnes balance core via retroarch with crt royale shader on a 4k resolution display.

Thanks guys. Should I play with a guide so I don't accidentally break the game? I heard you could do that. For the record I got the ROM from the downloads pastebin in the OP. The prepatched one.

>Should I play with a guide
Maybe, you'll probably get lost a lot but that's the true true megami tensei experience.

I don't mind playing blind, I just don't want to miss something to makes it so I am unable to continue.

So is there a Devil Children translation project going on? I remember hearing something about it but I can't remember if I was dreaming or just really tired.

Hoy.

Bumping for the thread and my question

>And SH is good, it's just one or two guys who lately have been vocal against the game.
Nah, it's just that you guys hyped it up so much that playing one of the worst megaten games that I've played was a big letdown.
And this doesn't mean SH is bad, it just means the other games that I've played are that good.
It's still better than most other JRPGs.

The rom in the pastebin is the fixed version with orden's patch, shouldn't have the same issues that were in the original AG patch.

It's okay, the world needs contrarians, too.

I think everyone knows by now that you didn't like the game.
A lot of people here like it, about the same amount of people don't (although they were never that vocal until recently). It's just what tastes do with humans. Not everyone can have my excellent taste.
Also it's really your fault for getting your expectations up because of some posts on image boards and I don't see anything wrong with "hyping" SH, it is a great game.

>one of the worst megaten games that I've played
Seriously? You can't have played a lot then.

>one of the worst megaten games that I've played
So you haven't played modern persona?

>i'm better than you because think SH is the best
Ok bub, whatever gets you through the day.
Also I've not played jack bros or untranslated games so yeah.
Yes and I liked them more than SH.
Guess that's not allowed here because "lol they're highchool drama themed games, I can't like that"
All the elements in P4 supported each other and were there for a reason.
SH is just a mishmash of stuff that's there because why not have every mechanic ever in the game?

>not allowed here
indubitably, user.

>All the elements in P4 supported each other and were there for a reason.
Kek, P4 is disjointed as fuck

Meh, I still like the game and I'll keep talking well about it.

But I respect that you voice your opinion instead of crying because the general bullies you.

It's pretty amusing to look at your weak attempts at giving objectively valid reasons for why games you like more are better than games you don't like. Others really do a better job at it.

Someone was playing around with it in a hex editor. The scripts are already translated for Black and White Book.

Don't let the general "hype" up Jack Bros then because if you come here claiming it's one of the worst Megaten games I will personally cast Bufudyne up your asshole, and Agidyne your dick until it shrivels off.
This will cause such intense pleasure that your body will implode way before a single pixel is used up on my MP bar.

Such is a Samurai skill.

Hoy.

As much as SH is superior to P4, SH isn't exactly the "perfect" game /smtg/ makes it out to be. It has it's own fair share of bad things, it's still a good game at worst and amazing game at best.

Not as amusing as replies that just insult me and don't even address my posts :^)

>voice your opinion instead of crying
He did cry though.
>Guess that's not allowed here because "lol they're highchool drama themed games, I can't like that"
What do you call that?

For the record, I have yet to play SH so I don't really have an opinion on him not liking it.

How risky is modding a 3DS?

Nowadays the only real risk is that you'll have to update to the current version and won't be able to try modding it again.

Back up your nand and follow the instructions to a t and you should be fine. It's not as safe/retard proof as PSP modding but it's still pretty easy.

I tried modding it and some demons popped out of it and killed my friends.

0/10
Would not recommend.

That sounds awesome though.

It's easy and almost retard-proof as long as you follow this guide exactly and to the letter
>github.com/Plailect/guide/wiki
Anything past Step 3 is optional for pirating but very much recommended

You probably didn't install a9lh fag. Naoya doesn't support Brickway

>and killed my friends

Brb, summoning demons.

>tfw you don't have friends to kill.

You have us

Depending on our alignment, we might have to kill each other too.

Just beat this and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm on the fence over whether to start the second one straight away or play the first Raidou game instead and go DDS1->Radou1->DDS2->Raidou2.

Thoughts?

>demon desings that you really liked for some reason.
his desing really clicked with me, now its one of my favorites

He looks pretty stupid desu

Go to DDS2

debisama is perfect though, I swear.

That's the idea

For SMTIV Apocalypse I hear there's a different method for accessing the story routes. What triggers the story routes this time?

Mad Gasser looks pretty cool.

Tzitzimitl, always loved her design.

You agree to follow a route representative when asked. Your answers throughout the game don't matter much.

Honestly...that's kinda gay.

I kinda liked that your actions reflected the path that lay before you.

If you simply can simply say no, it takes a bit of the challenge out of it.

Same goes for the two "neutral" paths right? What if you don't agree with anyone?

I believe you default to Danu's route if you say no at every opportunity. And I agree with you. It reeks of casualization and makes having choices (almost) pointless. Your choice does make a slight difference, if you answer like an edgelord and roll with Danu, you will lose your stock. If you answer like a dindu, and side with Dagda, you lose your items.

Ok, you asked for it!

Stock? You mean the demons? Or companions?

dude i legit can't wait for debisamana to get translated and watch smtg hate the shit out of it while i continue furiously masturbating to how much i love it. those demon convos are gonna frustrate the fuck out of people

Demons.

hey /smtg/ i'm fighting Zouchouten in SMT1, and when I fight him, the text bugs out and once i defeat him, it just starts the battle again. Am I fucked?

it's the exact dumb down they made when they went from SMT1 to SMT2. people thought SMT1's alignment system was too unforgiving because your choices mattered, so unless you were 100% one or the other, in SMT2 you're just given a set of three options basically.

it's a system that i'm not too fond of, but some people seem to like it and it does work for the more narrative heavy smt games.

It's a great game though, classic SMT gameplay, some well balanced dungeons and the difficulty curve is great, sword and armor fusion, sidequests, solid fusion system, great OST.

I used her in all games I played, don't really know why, but I like her.

I love Parvati. She sure is a semen demon.

I've seen a decent amount of dislike for it due to its clunkier mechanics, but I completely agree. dungeons are fantastic, game's fun as fuck, and I absolutely loved how they integrated sidequests as a way to make money. bit of a sucker for ghost stories so it was completely my thing all around. just in general the game has that perfect Megaten feel where there's a narrative, but also a lot of room for roleplay and immersing yourself in the protagonist's role.

game's funny af too. loved kyouji's quips and constantly getting pissed off at the protag.

There's something about Nemissa that I really like.

Can't put my finger on it..

So, without spoilers, how was Soul Hackers edgy enough that the ESRB wouldn't let them localize it at the turn of the century?

titties maybe

It was probably because of the religion and use of alcohol (from the demons).

I can't really think of anything else that wouldn't have happened in some 90's saturday morning cartoon.

that's not what happened. from what i was told Sony didn't want it localized because they though it didn't look good enough graphically. same reason the PSX versions of SMT I-II, Devil Summoner 1 ,and If... didn't come over. it's an odd reason desu because revalations persona looks worse than any of those imo